Left Behind In The Cold

Victoria Valerio

OOC First Name
Sonali
Wand
Ebony Wand 15 Essence of Phoenix Talon
Winter was the worst season to be all by yourself at Durmstrang Institute.The dark sky,snow covered grounds and gloomy common room eventually creep up to your mood and make it just as dark and gloomy to match your surrounding.The empty corridors and quite halls make you feel empty inside.The chilly draughts coming through the big arched windows leave you feeling like all the warmth inside you has gone with the wind.And when all your friends depart for the holidays,going to their homes and families,you feel like you have been left behind in the cold

Victoria Valerio walked slowly through the thick layer of snow left on the ground by the previous night's storm, leaving deep foot prints in it,lost in thoughts of home and her family.Even at this time of the year Capri would be beautiful...she thought.The Isle of Capri was one of the famous tourist attractions in Italy,known for its beautiful Villas and lovely beaches, and there on one of the beautiful mountains was Victoria's house:The Olympus Manor.It was the place that she had missed and thought about every day that she spent in the Durmstrang castle.She despised the school,the premises,the teachers and the students....Mostly.

The only people who had kept Victoria alive through the three school years were Angelica and Anita,her two best friends and the only people in the school that she liked apart from her boyfriend who had graduated last summer.But at the time both the twins were in Spain because of family issues and they werent coming back until the next school year began in September.Thats why Victoria was doomed to a whole semester of loneliness.And her only escape was entertainment.

The boys in this school have become so dark and gloomy it's hard to make them step out of the shadows and have some fun Victoria thought exaperatedly.Victoria's idea of entertainment was boys.They were such interesting specimen that you didnt need to look elsewhere for fun.But Victoria also knew that she needed to socialize more.The twins might be gone for longer than a semester she thought and I am always was so involved with them that I don't really get closer to any of the other students.But Victoria wasn't the kind of girl who would depent on time and circumstances to find her a friend.

As she walked to the froze lake side and sat down under the cover of a big tree,where there was no snow,she decided The next person I meet is going to be my new friend....I will strike up a nice conversation and we will be friends in no time....She flipped her hair onto one shoulder and wrapped her scarf tighter around her neck.Her clothes didn't do much to protect her from the cold so she produced a hand full of blue flames on the ground next to her and warmed her palms over it.

Yvonne was roaming Durmstrang's grounds. She just got out of a horrible quarrel with a older student. She had got punched in the nose, and her nose was still sore. She had used episkey to fix it. It was till sore though. Yvonne started to walk towards the frozen lake. She didn't get very close to it. She frowned at the site of the river's condition. The river was her favorite place to come and think. She hated it when ther river was frozen because she wasn't able to dip her feet in the usually warm water. Yvonne looked around and saw a girl sitting under a tree warming her hands with a blue fire. The girls clothes did not look very warm, and Yvonne was all bundled up with a scarf, long socks, hat, and gloves. She walked over to the girl to ask if she could sit with her. "May I sit with you?" she asked politely. She was feeling in a nice mood today.

OOCOut of Character:
Sorry, this isn't my best.

OOCOut of Character:
it's okay ^_^

Victoria was starting to get warm with the fire near her.It was one of the best type of magic that she could perform.They were called Blue Bell flames and they were easily scoop-able into a jar and portable, and she always kept them on her bedside table at night.She let her eyes scan the grounds.They were almost empty except for a figure which was making their way towards her.She couldn't tell whether it was a girl or a boy because they were bundled up with alot of winter clothes.

When they came nearer Victoria realised it was a girl who looked like she could be her age.Victoria had seen her around but she wasn't sure whether it was in lessons or lounging in the common room.She had never talked to her though because Victoria had seen the "Approach With Caution" expression on her face many times.Today however the girl looked like she was in a good mood but her face looked like she had been in a fight.Victoria didn't mean to be nosy so she scooted to the side a bit and said "Sure,sit down." patting the earth beside her.The tree's shade didn't have any snow under it so it was a dry place to sit."I am Victoria"she added with a warm smile.Surely the girl would also be lonely and anyone wouldn't mind to have some company.

Yvonne sat down next to the girl who introduced herself as Victoria. "Yvonne." she said simply. She wasn't very interested in making conversation with Victoria. Yes, she was going to sit next to the girl and not say anything. She didn't look worth her time. She wasn't even dressed properly, and it was snowing for Merlin's sake! She turned her body slightly away from Victoria. Just a second ago she was in a nice mood, and now she wasn't feeling very nice. That happended sometimes, and especially when someone was stupid enough to come outside, in the cold, unprepared. "Worthless." Yvonne whispered to herself.

OOCOut of Character:
sorry for lateness

Victoria's social mood was slightly put down by the girl's silence.It seemed that she wasn't very friendly after all.However,Victoria wasn't the kind who would back down easily,when she decided that she was going to make friends with the first person who walked by she had known that she might have to deal with unwilling people but she was ready for it.She heard Yvonne mutter something under her breath but she didn't really want to hear what she said in case it was about her,so she turned to face the girl and smiled brightly at her."You know Yvonne I have seen you around school before...are you a third year?" she asked her trying to get to know something about her.Victoria wasn't an expert at making small talk but she had to start because Yvonne looked like she preferred to sit in silence.

OOCOut of Character:
No problem!

"I am fourth year. My birthday has yet to come up." Yvonne breifly explained. From the corner of her eye Yvonne saw that Victoria was smiling. Yvonne rolled her eyes. This girl was persistent on talking to her and Yvonne didn't want to have anything to do with her anymore. She was thinking about getting up and leaving the girl by herself again. Yvonne sighed. "Stop smiling. It is very annoying." Yvonne ordered. Actually Victoria's smile was very pretty. She was sure she would get ton of guys from that smile. Yvonne used to get teased for smiling when she was younger. He teeth weren't very straight and kids would laugh at her. "Only people with nice teeth should smile! So stop smiling!" Yvonne pulled her knees to her chest. The first thing she did when she started at Durmstrang was straighten her teeth. But the memories still haunted her and she ended up not smiling as much s she used to. Nowadays it was like she never smiled at all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back