Leaving the brain back in Ravenclaw

Ryuu, the strange boy who never felt emotions or even the slightest bit of sympathy or anger, faced Merlina. His demeanor now like a shadow rather than a stone. Though he was slightly reassured that it wouldn't happen again. He would not dare treat a woman like that, unless he had felt the same for her. And clearly, he was too young to feel such...desire. He did not have those feelings, and he doubted that he ever would. Ryuu murmured, "That is best saved for the adults." Ryuu stared at the ground. Her next question left him speechless. It was up to him to decide their fate? Ryuu sighed, "If you wish us to be friends, then I will abide. Only what you want."

Merlina wondered for a moment which of them was the hot headed supposedly passionate Gryffindor as the stereotype laid out and who was the detached, logical Ravenclaw. Right now she felt she was most definitely placed in the wrong house.
"Fine be that way" she told him taking a step down, how could she be friends with someone who so obviously didn't want that, "I can see your so averse to the idea. Sorry I... sorry you bothered me actually today. Next time I feel like scooting down a bannister please just let me". Her Italian accent got thicker as she let her frustration take control. He may be able to control his emotions and put them Merlin only knew where but she couldn't. She was only flesh and bone and as he so nicely pointed out not an adult, so she was allowed to behave like a kid. A silly petulant girl to be exact. She turned to face him again before she took another step down.
"Only what I want? try wanting something yourself for a change Ryuu. Try believing and fighting and feeling for something other than what you've been trained to. Friendship isn't a one way street you know, so it's not what I abide. If you want to be my friend it has to be what you want".
She attempted to let her temper simmer but turned on her heel all the same and began walking down the stair way just as it decided to move.
'Great!' she muttered and held onto the railing until the stair way clicked into place once more.

Ryuu simply watched her, and listened. I should have just kept in the darkness rather than be irrational and actually think that I had another fate besides the one laid out for me. Ryuu's fingers tightened around the banister, but he redirected his emotions once more, becoming fully relaxed and with a clear mind. Ryuu turned his back on her, but his head whipped around, when she mentioned what he was trained to do. His eyes were cold, heartless. His facial expression hard, fearsome. Ryuu hissed, "You know nothing. Next time you wish to be possibly be harmed on doing a pathetic action of trying to not conform, I won't be there." Ryuu turned his gaze from her, and stared ahead. He muttered, "I was doing something I was not raised to do. And that was to converse with a fellow human." Ryuu started up the stairs, and without much time wasted at all he was out of sight, his subconsious whispering in his mind. "Someone like you should never try to fit in."

Merlina turned as he spoke and almost withered. So she had been right then, he didn't want to be friends with her. Surely if he had, he would simply have said so but instead he spoke of never conversing with other human beings, that he would not be there again if she needed his help and that she knew nothing. Merlina didn't know which to be more affronted by as she watched him walk away up the stairs and out of sight. She was too angry to cry or let anyone see her do so. Instead she flounced down on the stair nearest to her and gathering her knees up under her chin, wrapped her arms about her legs.
"I hate this school" she muttered in Italian to only the pictures that hung along the walls, "I hate everything about this place".
But she knew that as much as she was trying to convince herself that she hated Ryuu and hated herself for costing her his friendship, she truly didn't hate him at all. Was confused utterly by him, perplexed beyond reason by him but there was no room for hatred in there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back