Leaving Silently

Arial Wright

Wand
Rosewood Wand 14 1/4" Essence of Hair from the mane of a Unicorn
Neita turned around and glanced back into the school that had become such a big part of her life. A tear rolled down her cheek as she tried to convince herself she was making the right decision. She thought of how fast everything had happened over the holidays. Her muggle brother found out she was a witch, she moved out of her house, found out she was adopted, and found out she and Ares little sister actually shared a birth father and after a long time she managed to accept Donovan and as she wanted more than anything to understand their history and why her real parents gave her up she finally agreed to move back to France with Donovan... at least for now. The ex-hufflepuff turned away slowly, her memories of the past two years flashing, all her good friends, quidditch, the teachers, the lake everything! She suddenly felt queasy about deciding not to say goodbye to her friends as she didn't think she could handle it. She closed her eyes praying silently she would return one day.

Arisa was walking around the castle happy to be back. She had started in the north tower and finally had made her way down to the entrance hall. She smiled as she saw Neita standing there, but then frowned, something was wrong. Neita seemed to be crying. Walking up Arisa put her hand on Neita's shoulder, "Neita whats wrong?" she asked worriedly.

Neita heard a familiar voice and for the first time since she'd met Arisa, Neita was sad when she heard her best friends voice. Sh couldn't look her in the face. Using her foot she tried to push her trunk away without Arisa noticing it. She placed her hands into her pocket and held on to the letter from her mother saying she was moving back to Samoa and Aunty Claudia and Uncle Xavier were now her guardians. Once they had realized Donovan was also Neita's father and Neita's adoptive mother was unable to be reached, her legal guardians had to accept there was nothing they could do to stop Neita from leaving with her real father. Neita glanced up at her best friend and couldn't stop the tears from pouring down her face uncontrollably.

Arisa was utterly confused, why was Neita looking so inconsolable? And why was her trunk here in the entrance hall? "Neita, please tell me whats wrong!" Arisa pleaded grabbing her best friend in a tight hug. Arisa then remembered something she had bought over the holidays. Arisa reached into her pocket and pulled out two necklaces. Smiling Arisa held them up for Neita to see, "for us, because what would coffee be with out the doughnuts?" she said smiling, "Which would you like?" she asked Neita.

Neita let Arisa hug her, sobbing quietly but once Arisa showed her the necklaces Neita threw her arms around her best friend crying hysterically. "I'm... I'm..." she began through sobs. "I'm leaving Arisa!" she cried. "I'm leaving Hogwarts, I'm leaving New Zealand, I'm leaving!" she cried uncontrollably, letting her arms drop from around her friend.

Arisa didn't understand what Neita was saying at first, what did she mean leaving? Then Arisa heard the rest... Neita was leaving Hogwarts? What? No, this can't be right, this can't be happening!!! Arisa thought franticly. Neita couldn't leave Hogwarts, it was impossible. Arisa hadn't noticed but tears had started falling from her eyes as well, "Wha-What?" was all she could manage to say.

Neita noticed the tears in her friends eyes and she turned away from her friend trying hard to control her sobs. "I... I..." she began before taking several deep breaths to try and slow her heavy breathing "I told you how during a meeting with Donovan I found out he was my real dad right?" Neita took another deep breath and counted to ten trying to control her emotions "And I know I hated him at the time, but recently we managed to sort a lot of things out" She wiped her eyes and willed herself not to cry "And we got a lot closer and now with my mom gone and everything, I have a chance to have a real parent again, only he has to return to France" she winced expecting a harsh comment about her father from Arisa "And I decided to go with him." she said finally "At least for now." she added pretending to observe the roofing of the entrance hall.

Arisa was still crying silently as Neita explained to her why she was leaving, she understood why Neita wanted a chance to have a real parent. "So, hes just leaving, and taking you with him?" Arisa asked, "How can he do that? Just take you away from all your friends and you school?" she asked harshly. As Neita looked up at the ceiling Arisa looked down at the ground. She didn't want Neita to leave, it wasn't fair, every time she got close to someone, they left.

Neita closed her eyes and refused to look anywhere, she felt horrible leaving her friends like this and even worse that Arisa seemed to think it was all Donovans decision "It was my choice..." she muttered quietly. "I need to know why they gave me up, who my mother is and how on earth me and Peyton ended up believing we were cousins." she said as she turned around although she still felt too guilty to look at her friend. "I'm so sorry" she said feeling the emotions stir again as tears started rolling again. "Once I understand... who I am" she said finally trying to find the right words "I'll be back"

Arisa glared at the floor as her friend said it was her decision, she was right it was her choice. Neita was choosing to leave her, and everyone else here, What were not good enough? Now that you have 'Daddy' you just leave and go to live a fairy tale life with him? she thought not daring to say it out loud but wanting to so bad. Arisa looked up again to see Neita was looking away from her, "Fine" she grumbled, "Have fun in France" she added not meaning to make it sound as angry as it came out.

Neita started crying as she heard anger in Arisa's voice and she slowly sat down on her cauldron "Of all people, I hoped you would understand" she said quietly as she buried her face in her hands. "I lost my dad and my mom left me, Donovans the only real family I have left, I just have to make it work!" she said determinedly "I can't go the rest of my life an orphan." she whispered quietly

Imogen had always enjoy exploring the castle. During the day and at night. She'd been walking a lot. Not too sure of what to do with herself until classes began again. She'd taken her and Lauren's secret passage way down to the great hall and was walking from the hall to the entrance hall. Imogen spotted two people, talking. Both appeared to be crying, her curiousity taking over Immy walked over to the two. She recognised one of the two. Neita. Why was Neita crying. Immy had enjoyed spending time with Neita. They'd become friends. And Imogen didn't like seeing her friends cry. She approached the two girls. Not sure she'd met the other girl before, Immy was a little wary of speaking up to both girls.

"Neita?" Imogen said, her voice quieter than usual and running a hand through her now purple hair. "Neita, what's wrong?"

Arisa instantly felt bad as Neita started crying again, "I do understand, I'm just gunna miss you so much!" Arisa said sitting down on the ground next to Neita. "I'm sorry I snapped at you" she added looking to the ground. Arisa looked at the friendship necklaces she held in her hands, "Do you still want one?" she asked holding them both up for Neita to see. Just then some girl with purple hair came up and asked Neita what was wrong. Arisa just looked back down at the floor as more tears fell from her eyes.

Neita tried to smile as Arisa apologized "I'm sorry for not telling you earlier and not consulting you for your opinion" she apologized in return. She smiled at her best friend and accepted one of the necklaces and hugged her friend. "Of course, as far away as I may be, your still gunna be my best friend and you better not forget that!" she teased. She wiped away her tears with the back of her hand and tried hard to smile as she was joined by another of her good friends "Immy!" she said with a weak smile, although she had hoped she would get out silently without having to say goodbye to any of her friends, she was somewhat happy to have run into both Arisa and Imogen. She remembered painfully her farewell to Ares and the main reason she had decided not to tell her friends. Ares had openly rejected her plan as he was still very against Donovan. She remembered sadly how he had ignored her once he realized he couldn't get her to stay, he hadn't hugged her back when she hugged him and as he stopped talking to her, their farewell was a cold one. Neita waved at the floor her and Arisa were sitting on and sighed "Join us?" she asked, suddenly very sick of crying. "I'm moving to France" she said quietly "And changing schools" she added searching both her friends for their reactions.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back