OOC First Name
Madz
Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Married
Sexual Orientation
Chayton's ❤
Madlyn set off mid-afternoon towards the forest with a bouquet of fresh cut daisies and and plants stem. She had fetch them out of the garden this morning and prepared them in a lovely bunch. Madlyn did not know what kind of flowers her dead father would preferred but there was some things she didn't know about him. Like for instant his favorite flowers, she guessed the daisies would do for him, who knows he may have not like flowers at all. it was the count that thought anyways, he did have a proper burial place but the forest was the last place he had been alive. Being that of Native American, she was a strong believer of the soul residing where it had departed from it's body. Surly he would be around weather in spirit of part of the ground Madlyn wanted to tell him how's it's been going so far since he had passed away. She enter the part of the forest were clearance laid ahead. Madlyn walked out, in a cobble stones area of the ground she set the flowers down. Getting her knees she looked up to the blues skies peaking out of the branches and tree. For a couple of minutes she stayed like that, than stood up once more.

"Miss you dad" she said to the air all around her. "Things aren't the same without you but I remain to go on even when you're not here. I got perfect this year, bet you would've had like to see that" she said smiling, it was strange to speak out on alone, still she went on saying whatever that was on her mind. Madlyn told him about the house and how they had to move, she spoke about Briar and how they made up, she went on to say how Jackie was growing and Mandela had came to visit last vacation. Everything or whatever that was on her mind she expressed to the world around her, all the things she had wanted to say in the funereal was coming out. It was good and it felt great, she was not sad she did not cry her eyes out. She kept looking to the skies, a few birds flew overhead the wind ruffle her hair a bit. It showed sign that he was listening and he was still around.

The period before exams was for Minoas the most torturing period of his life. The young lion was pressuring himself to remain focused on his books when his mind was coming up with all sorts of activities when he couldn't really perform them. He tempted himself to stray from his revision schedule a lot of times but he managed to control his hyperactiveness and save it for his free time after exams.
The examination period was over. Overall, he believed that he had did well in his exams although he always had his doubts, blaming himself for not concentrating and studying more. Now he had as much spare time as he had never before in his disposal. However, he was out of ideas on how to utilize it as if all the temptations that were itching him during his revision period, had never existed. He was lying on his bed, bored to death watching at the ceiling while his mind was trying to come up with ideas. He wondered where Briar could be, not really remembering the phase of the moon which could explain her absence. He decided to leave his misery in the dormitories as he stood up and left the common room for a walk.

He had no particular destination. He just descended the grand staircase which was quite deserted, making him wonder where were the rest of the castle's residents. As he arrived on the grand floor he realised that most people were in the great hall awaiting for their dinner. He didn't feel really hungry and go to sit down on the table wasn't what he was seeking for his afternoon so he pushed the oak double door that leaded to the grounds.
The weather was really nice as the sun was still vibrantly shining. He followed the narrow path that leaded to the great lawn and hesitated on the junction that was leading either to the lake or to the forest.

He decided that the forest would be a better idea. He was into his exploration mode and he hadn't forgot the death of the professor a year ago. He wanted to learn more about the centaurs inexplicable behaviour and which place could be better that the very same place where the crime was commited. As he was getting deeper into the forest, he was realising how much he had missed it. He had a thing about nature and the outdoors but that forest was unique to him.
He could feel its' energy, sometimes he could swear that it was talking to him. He closed his eyes and took a deep breath of the earthy air when he listened indeed a voice. He froze with eyes wide opened. Was he hallucinating or the forest was talking to him indeed? He approached towards the voice and behind the trees appeared a kneeling figure. It took him a moment to recognise the stranger. "Hello Madlyn. I wasn't expecting to find you here." he greeted her still a little surprised but glad that the studying hadn't damaged him to the point of hearing absent voices. The truth was that if he was expecting to find a person in that forest that would be Briar for sure.
"Enjoying the weather?" he asked as he was wondering what she was doing down there, forgeting that he was already at the place where her father was murdered and not noticing the flowers she had with her.

The skies were bright and the smell of fresh air help Madlyn to remain calm and collective. At any other time she would've cried her eyes out, gone down with her emotions and just tear up in however fashion she felt like it. Didn't necessary say she was weak, but it did always looked shocking when she cried in front of someone or something. And since she was alone and free to cry to the wind, Madlyn just didn't feel the need she had too. Something inside wouldn't let her, or maybe it was just that she was talking to her dad and he really was here comforting her in her time of need. It made perfect sense, with the peaceful feeling hanging over her shoulder, she couldn't put it pass herself to cry now. Then again, she's cried so much last summer, she didn't think she could produce enough tears to cry anymore. Dad wouldn't like it, dad would want to see her happy. And dad always use to say somethings happen for a reason, the earth can give and take whenever it felt like it. She remembered when he use to say that all the time and how she felt like she could never understand the meaning behind those simple words. It was clear, she understood over the pasting year what he was saying all this time.

Standing over the bouquet of flowers, she felt like enough time has passed for her to depart and let her dad rest easy. She went to turn around in time to see Minoas come out of the large tree shadows. She wasn't completely startle, so many students at Hogwarts come to the forest all the time, it was mark forbidden, yet everyone else did the opposite to the word forbidden wander the forest grounds anyways. "Minoas, hey what are you doing here?" she asked the second year cub. "I'm always around these parts, you know Briar not the only one that comes around the forest" she teased him, 'It's nice, really mellow just the way I like it, how bout yourself?" she said pocketing her hands inside the small jacket she wore that day. The weather was calm, pleasantly nice.

OOCOut of Character:
Just realized you reply, sorry for the lateness

There was something at that part of the forest that was so peaceful. Slow dancing branches at the touch of the soft breeze on the tree tops was producing an almost hypnotizing rustling, accompanied by the melody of the birds' calls and the the slow movements of the shadows, inprinted on the ground. It took him sometimes to recognise the place which he had visited in the past only at night. He also noticed the flowers, laid on a small cobble stone formation and his realisation was confirmed. The place looked so different under the daylight.
It wasn't even reminding him of the last resting place of professor Margera. "I'm...I'm looking for something. Something that I lost. Yes, a possession of mine. It seems that I dropped it somewhere around here when I visited last time" he replied to the tall girl with an innocent lie. He knew that she was there to visit her father. That was the reason Minoas didn't asked her the same question or refered to the fact that he was going to investigate the nature of her father's death. He tried to be for once in his life considerate and not scratch her healed wounds.

He laughed when Madlyn refered to Briar's tendency to lose herself in the forest. "I am as well. I'm trying actually to break the number of her visits." he joked, not sure if he had already did or not. It was true that if he could compare the hours he was spending in the castle and the hours outside of it, there would be a small difference between them, with the castle winning by a few hours. "It's good to know that I have some allies in that competition against her." he added with a smile. The weather was expressing ideally his mood of carefreeness.
"It's the perfect weather to have after exams. Makes you wann lie down on the grass and stare at the sky for hours." he agreed with her that in fact that was the kind of weather he liked. Though, lying on the grass for hours was the last thing that was planning to do, that hyperactive lion. Maybe a little bit warmer but it was more than good for that part of the year. "How were your exams? Are you done with them?" he asked her.

Madlyn study the young fellow in front of her, she smirk. Rising her pointing arch slightly bushy eyebrows, puzzle to see if he was lying or not about losing something. She hadn’t developed the sense if someone was lying or not, she hopes she would’ve inherited her mom well gifted traits. She could always tell, without breaking in sweats, the mother of a part giant could always tell when someone was fibbing. Dad fib all the time, dad joked around too much, dad was a bad liar. ”Oh what is it maybe I could lend a helping hand” she waited no reply, she went quickly searching the ground. ”What is that you lost?’ she stop in mid-search, its hard searching for something without acknowledge what was lost first. Kind of silly how she went instantly searching for the unidentified object.

”Oh really? Hmm, nice thought I doubt you can keep her away from this place to long. Sometimes she’s a little hard headed” Mad chuckle, she kicked through some dirt, digging her big toe shoes inside the dirt to clear away some of the rubbish off the ground. She avoided eye contact for minute, she was thinking about Briar, her dad, and Aspen. Dad loved the forest, he grew weird plants during the summer, plants that were meant to eat and ones that were good for your health. She never did like his weird planting hobbies or the way he measured water temperature. Dad was certainly observant part-giant.

”I use to lay on top of a hill all the time, use to do it when I was much smaller” halfhearted smile wing the side of her lips. She exhaled deeply, ugh exams the last thing on her mind, ”I don’t even know, I just took it to get it done with it, what about yourself? Bet you kicked up” she simper, she would think he did well, probably better because second year exams were easy. It was OWLS and NEWTs that kick butt.

Minoas recognised doubt all over the girls face. Her questioning features forming on her face were reminding Minoas of his mother, every time he was trying to tell a good lie to her. It seemed that Madlyn didn't buy it as well. He could think of many excuses when he had to but he was a really bad liar when he had to sell them to others. It wasn't the way he was lying, the tone of his voice. His mouth might was convincing but his eyes couldn't hide the truth. He felt a stinging sensation within him when Madlyn offered to assist him in his search for his lost belonging. Minoas wasn't quite sure if she was playing along or if he had convinced her. When she asked him what he had lost, he spoke of the first thing that came into his mind. "My journal. A small brown book. I use to write down my ideas, my songs andmy sketches." he tried to distort a little bit the conversation.
As he was pretending that he was searching around, he felt erinyes, qualms haunting him. He disliked lying to friends and people he liked but he didn't want to remind her the way her father was murdered.

Minoas chukled as well. If it was up to Briar, the most lessons would be conducted in the forest.
"I know right. We would have to combine our time spent here if we want to have any possibilities to break her record." he said, just wondering again where their friend would be. He had lost track of the phases of the moon so he had no idea if it was her disappearing day or not. Minoas noticed that Madlyn was thoughtful and he didn't want to distract her thoughts. He could guess what was going on, in her head. He couldn't imagine her smaller as she said. Minoas had get used to Madlyn being the bigger person in the common room that it was so natural in his eyes. He couldn't imagine that she was once smaller. "A hill? Here in the forest?" he asked as he hadn't found a hill before. "What can I say? I'm the unlucky who falls in acromantula's holes when I wander around the forest." he said about his first time he had entered the forest, which wasn't as beautiful as the time that Madlyn was spending on that hill she was describing.

The young Gryffindor had the impression that good students were usually becoming perfects. Yet he had as examples Briar and Madlyn who didn't look like they were really into studying. For Briar it was obvious but he had the impression that Madlyn was more dedicated. However, they way she replied to his question, pointed otherwise. "If I haven't messed up some chronologies then I probably did fine." he answered, not sure if his issue with numbers was going to disfavor him or not. "You had your O.W.Ls right? Are you planning to follow your da...I mean, are you planning to have a career on magical creatures?" he tried to set his question in a different way.

Now she knew he was lying, he was so bad at it. She didn’t know whether to bust him now or continued looking for this made up book. She kicked some more leaves out of the way, pretending to be searching for the book. In case he wasn’t lying and she had a faulty connection, Madlyn picked up a few leaves out of the way. She cleared a long branch that has fallen; the tree where it came from was old and had grey barks. The sign of life decreasing out of them, yet they stayed station remaining strong for couple more years, till it too died and had to be cut down for good. She tossed the branch in direction away from them, it fell into a pile more branches. Odd, seems like someone have been collecting them previously from here. She thought twice about the mystery pile, and a second later she continued the search for the mystery book. “This is no use, I think you’ve lost it for good” she said making eye contact with Minoas, was she goona tell me? Nah, she spares him this one time. She’d hate to get him in trouble with the professors too.

”I don’t think that won’t matter; she came from the forest since she was young. Centaurs’ relatives, the way she runs all the time. I don’t know if she ever told you her story?” since they were close she figure Briar would’ve told Minoas. He was smart for his age; he would pick that up anyways. ”No there’s no hill here; I was saying when the weather is nice out like this, that’s what I use to do. I use to do a lot of things” she admitted sheepish, like skate board, hike up hill, do stuff with dad, she stop doing a lot of things within age and when her height prevented her, she gave up on a lot of things she used to love to do. ”Come again, acromantula's holes? How did that happen?” that was pretty damn shocking; she had not expected arcomantula to exist here. She has now realized she wasn’t the scariest thing at Hogwarts after all.

”What?” she said following a sigh. ”I liked school, well use too. I kinda when through so stuff last year that prevent me from doing any better” she said with a shrug. She caught the last bit, Minoas saying her father. Her mood change quickly, she had been at peace, calmer, she still was. Madlyn felt her hands ruffle the back of her long bushy hair. ”My dad did a lot of things, ummmm so I don’t know if what I’ll do” she said honestly, ”Minoas there is no book here? Why were you here” she decided eventually pull out his little white lie.

Minoas wasn't sure if Madlyn had fallen for his terrible lie but he followed her pretense of searching around for his journal. She looked like she was really searching around for his possession and he felt really bad for making her do that. Then again, he sensed that she was pretending and was quite frustrated for being lied as she tossed a branch away from them. He hoped in case she had figured out that she wasn't going to throw another branch, this time on him. "Dammit! I might have dropped it then somewhere else." he said, trying to pull his best grimace of disappointment. "You know, I'm used to visit different places in this forest. It must be in one of them." he hoped that Madlyn wasn't going to be kind enough, offering herself to search with him all over those places he had visited. He wasn't sure if he could keep lying if she was going to do that.

Minoas knew Briar's story really well. She had trusted him with her orgin's and childhood's secrets when he had trusted her with his family's one. It was then that he realised that they had so many things in common. He was also kind of raised by a centaur, more precisely, educated by one of them and he identified himself easier with her for that similarity.
"Of course I know. She trusted me with it a few months after we got acquainted." he mentioned as Briar didn't tell him straight up. He didn't either about his family so he didn't blame her. It was her choice and her option to share something like that when he was proven trustworthy. He nodded slowly when Madlyn said that the hill she was refering to, wasn't located in Hogwarts. Minus one placeto discover for Minoas but he had so many others in his list. "When the weather was just like that, I used to visit the lagoon that was close to our house." he sighed, feeling homesick all of a sudden. Sometimes he was wondering how his life would be if his family wasn't forced to run away and hide. Probably he wouldn't have met all those wonderful people in that school.

He believed that Madlyn knew how he and Briar had met but her shocked expression wasn't confirming that.
"Umm, yeah. It was one of the first times I explored the forest. It was pitch black, my illumination spell at its first stages of going off and on, off and on and I was also quite ignorant of the creatures residing in here. So, I ended up in a hole in the ground along with a deer carcass." he said and felt a chill descending his spine, giving him goosebumbs as he remembered the dismembered carcass, floating next to him in the mud. "It seemed that it was an acromantula trap cause when Briar got me out with her broom, there were thousands of them and they weren't there to welcome us for dinner. They were hoping that I would be their dinner, sided with deer remains." he sarcasted a bit. He used to do that when he was refering to his past, reckless actions. "We held our ground, I managed to knock out a few of them, Briar knocked out more and in the end we escaped on her broom." he ended his narration of their acquaintance, as if he was meeting other people like that regularly. "Your turn.How did you met Briar?" he asked as soon as he realised that he didn't know how the two of them got to know each other.

He knew instantly that when she refered that she got through some staff, she was refering to her dad.
"I wanted to express my condolences for your father back then but I saw you at end of the year feast. I didn't want to make you feel worse." he apologised for that as he was really intending to do so. He had seen how bad she was and he wanted to express his support but on the other hand, he didn't want to be the preaching first year old. Madlyn seemed she was able to distinguish bad liars. Minoas casted a look of astonishment on her as she had busted his little lie.
"Fine." he said angry and disappointed with himself that he couldn't pull a good lie for once in his life. "I'm actually searching for answers." he decided to bring it to her as soft as possible. She might got enfuriated if was going to find out that he was searching about her father's death. He knew about Madlyn's native american background and maybe delving in the past of a dead person was a disgrace for them.

Sorry I try to reply twice, and twice I've lost it. My bad if it's no good.

Madlyn wanted to say a whole lot of stuff, bring back some memories so she could shared them with Minoas. One of them in particular in how she met Briar, like most of their times, they had met in the forest and it was sort weird because she had an ignorant centaur that day too. She had remembered being frustrated about being to tall, and how she felt alone in this school amongst everyone else who was smaller then her. Briar didn't mind it, she was actually really nice from the beginning. The weird girl who loved running and the very tall girl who can take out anyone in this school, felt great to have a friend. At least that's what she thought at the time, Stormy and Apple was in Ireland and Madlyn was here. If she hadn't made a single friend by her third year she was going to ask her mom to move back. It was good thing she didn't, she would've regretted giving up so easily. Although things have been different with her Briar, and it was understandable, everyone changed. She regret nothing somedays, other days she wished she could've changed something in the past to make it different.

Madlyn's attention went back to Minoas, she said nothing about his escape in the forest, or about how she met her Briar. His lie had completely come out, he said something that made her father. Her eyes widen in interest, what did her father had anything to do with anything they were talking about? he must've saw her when she drop the flowers off to him, it explain so much and why he was acting so obvious when he was lying. "Minoas my dad died here last year. I doubt there be any answers here for you to rely on here, what is it that you were looking for anyways?" she wasn't mad, she was curious why he would be searching about her dad. "And how long have you've been interest in what happen to him?" this she deserved to know, his affair with her father will always be her concern.

Minoas watched Madlyn as she was deep in thoughts. Sometimes, the cub wished he could read people's minds.
He could tell that they were processing something important in their heads but he was unable to find out what was that. Madlyn probably decided not to share the first time she had me with their best friend. Her attention was drawn by what he had said about her father. Although older and a lot taller, Minoas wasn't intimidated by the part giant and heldhis ground when she demanded to learn why he was so interested in her father's death.
"You are right." he began, casting a look around them. "Maybe here there's nothing to find but, what about the centaur land." he said with a mischievous smile. He never had set that he was going to investigate the place where the murder took place. He was just passing by to enter more dangerous grounds. Maybe there he could learn what had really happened that night.

"Since the day it was announced his was killed by centaurs." he said, emphasizing the word 'centaurs'. He couldn't understand why people didn't get suspicious when it wa announced that someone was killed be centaurs. He knew about centaurs, they weren't barbaric and savage to commit a murder. Something didn't seem right to him. "I was taught by centaur, actually, I'm still having lessons during holidays. I have spend time with their kind and if I know something about them, then that would be that they are not killers." he explained from where his interest was emanating. "Haven't you ever wondered why? Why happened that to your father?" he asked her. He could feel that he was more curious than her. If it was for his father, he would have demolished mountains to learn what really had happened. The gryffindor was convinced that there was something else behind all that and he liked uncovering the truth. Even after such a long time.

Madlyn twisted her head, he made some creditable points. There maybe nothing here, but in their village beyond the trees where they lived, there was surly be something out there. She frown, why had she not think of that?! Why had she not went further trespassing their village? Getting some kind of information about him, dragging the ugly out? Probing for some answers, because she had let it go already and it shouldn't be anyone else concern. Let alone a nosy little third year.

"I know he was killed by centuars, and I know it doesn't make sense. My dad was the professor here Minoas, he taught me everything he knew before I event went to this school" she said shaking her head, a little bane she would bring him back up again and all the emotional wounds she had almost heal were making themselves aware once more. "What I don't understand and have yet to make a conclusion, I have let it ago already. I can't hate them for it, I mean I do get mad, a little upset at times. For what's it worth, I really just want him to be at peace. And to be real with you, I would've ask Professor Blaze about it more then asking the centaurs. maybe my dad had been in the way in their real target" she said biting back a few words she like to call that man right now. He's a lame excused for a professor and she wonder why he was still at Hogwarts. It's like they didn't care about her dad's death, who was the real savages here? Not the centaurs, maybe they had something against the school and took it out on her dad, so many questions, and they wonder why they left it at peace.

"Now that you've got my attention, what did you find out? What have you learn? And who is teaching you? I am really surprised you haven't got caught by any professors yet" she wouldn't tell, she wouldn't say anything. Since the school did nothing for her really but promoted her to a perfect, she was starting to think the worst of it. Put her on duty so we won't seem like the bad one here. A thought that had rattle her brain once or twice before in the past few months, she however stop herself before she jump the gun on purpose.

The cub quirked an eyebrow as his words seemed to have some effect on Madlyn. He wasn't used to being taken seriously by older people than him and he was quite surprised but also vindicated. Madlyn's expression had soften a lot and that encouraged the youn Gryffindor to continue speaking. "I know that's why I think his death was so unfair. I didn't know him personally but I could tell he was a nice person. The fact that he was teaching care of magic creatures speaks for itself." he said with a soft smile, trying to relax the intense emotions that might be reccuring inside Madlyn. He sat on a rock behind him, hoping that Madlyn was going to sit down as well. He might was tall for his age, around 5'6" but he couldn't compete Madlyn's height that could easily be seven foot tall.
His back of his neck was irritating for having to look up at her.

The last thing that Minoas wanted was humans hating centaurs. It seemed already that on those parts, humans didn't really get on well with centaurs which came to him as a huge surprise when he first came in Hogwarts.
"Wouldn't you feel better if you knew why they killed them? If they were them that commited the murder." he rushed to add his last phrase. He wasn't still convinced about that part. He couldn't believe that such proud beings could kill someone in cold blood. Minoas chuckled when Madlyn suggested to ask the other professor that witnessed the death of her father. "I don't know. I don't think I can trust someone who was in the same location with your father but he managed to get alive out of there when you father didn't." he tried to show her his point without having to openly accuse anyone. It wasn't that he had something personal against professor Blaze but it was at least suspicious that he managed to survive a centaur attack while the care of magical creature professor didn't.
"Besides, I don't think that a professor would spend part of his valueable time on a twelve year, trusting him with what it's not his bussiness and have happened a year ago." he commented, being as realistic as possible.

His smile grew wide with his grey eyes glowing as he nodded a couple of times. "That's more likely. He might wasn't the target either. The possibilities are endless. Don't you wanna know which of those possibilities is the truth?" he insisted as Madlyn was really getting into what he was trying to prove. Minoas eyes widened as a barrage of questions was launched to his direction. "Whoa, whoa, whoa!" he exclaimed as he raised his hands in front of him, like he was trying to protect himself from something physical that was launched against him.
"I'm not going to say anything." he stated, not being absolute. "If you promise that you won't say anything to any of the professors or that you won't stop me from whatever I'm intending to do, then I might reconsider it." he said, not forgeting Madlyn's perfect status. He trusted her enough, probably at the same extend as Briar but this was no ordnary situation. Her father's involving meant emotional instability and the last thing that Minoas wanted was to end up in professor Kingsley's office because Madlyn didn't like his idea.

Madlyn started to feel fatigue. she sat down besides Minoas, her bottom touched the ground. when does it ever happen when a little third year started to make sense all of a sudden. or maybe she was to vulnerable and was believing everything he was saying. "I don't Minoas it's hard to think of what may have happen, when their was a witness already. He was killed by them and I don't think a professor would lie about what happen to him, when he himself was there when it happen. When I went to go collect his body, their was signs of what had happen to him. There is no way, no how, no chance something else had happen that night" she wanted him to understand that. There was low percent she would believe anything else, her mind was made up. Although that little itch inside of her surly was growing on her the more he spoke about it. His expression, his interest in her father weirder her a little bit.

"Just exactly what are you trying to pull here? What, that centaurs were provoked? Either way, it's not going to bring him back, not going to make a huge in difference except clear the centaurs" what will happen next? And why would be interested in finding out more from them, she shook her head in misery. Madlyn covered her mouth to cough, she sighed heavily afterwards. What he was asking her that she didn't tell on any of the professors. First of all did she feel comfortable about this, maybe not as much but she guess it was okay. Otherwise no professor could truly stop someone from doing anything, Minoas was a lion, most lions were determine. she was taking a risk here, she was perfect and she could stop it right now if she wanted too. everything inside her was telling her to stop before it was to late.

"Okay, I"ll consider it for now, it won't hurt to find out what had happen. Please though, whatever you do, don't get in trouble. Unlike Briar, I won't be there to sort you out. If something happens to you, that will be on you're own skin, course if I'm around that becomes invalid" she said to him, she didn't want to be cause of a student dying, and if something were to happen to him, she would or would not be there for him. it all depends really, last thing she needed was to be at fault for someone death.

Minoas listened carefully to Madlyn as she was reasoning the facts, supporting that her father's death was commited by the centaurs. The gryffindor hadn't seen professor's dead body so he didn't know what signs were left on it. "Okay, you might be right and the centaurs are the one to be blamed. How about if you were going to find that there were a couple of them that caused the death of your father. Like us, humans, we are not all bad. Just because someone is a killer that doesn't made all of us bad people." he pointed out. He was trying to fix centaur's reputation, denying to believe that it was a collective action. However, he didn't know how that knowledge was going to help Madlyn in any way. Even if she was going to learn that two specific centaurs had killed her father, how could that benefit her. What she could do to them? Minoas was starting realising that once more he was trying to satisfy his curiosity but he couldn't help it.

He tried to reason his motives but he couldn't really find the reason why he was spending so much energy on it. He didn't know personally professor Margera and Madlyn was right. Nothing could bring back her father.
Maybe he had too much free time in his hands or it was just his habit of searching the truth.
"I don't know. Maybe I'm trying to prove that not all of them are to be blamed for that crime." he said, knowing that it wasn't sounding convincing enough but still he didn't refered to his curiosity.

Madlyn's promise sounded genuine and Minoas felt that he could trust her. He decided to tell her what he had found out. "Alright. When was announced your father's death, I visited this place and I searched around a little bit." he began talking though he lied about searching a little bit. He had spent far more time than he should have.
"The weather was quite good. It hadn't rain so whatever signs were left were maintained on the ground. I found the centaurs' hoofprints!" he revealed with a gleam in his grey eyes. "It seemed that they were hunting when they realized your father's presence and professor's Blaze. Then the imprints on the ground were divided into two groups. The majority of them stopped on the edge of the clearing." he pointed at the far end of the clearing at his right. "However, the hoofprints of a couple of centaurs, continued into the clearing where your father was found dead." he paused, wondering if Madlyn had understood what he was trying to prove. "It is obvious that your father was killed by a few individuals, not from the whole herd. The rest of them probably didn't agreed with that and maybe argued but those two or three were determined to kill." he concluded, hoping that what was saying to Madlyn was making sense. "So, I was thinking of entering their land to find out who were those individuals and why they did that." he revealed to her his dangerous plan. He wasn't feeling confident for doing that, she probably wasn't going to agree but since he had decided to share with her all of the information he had gathered, he had to be truthful to her.

Madlyn remain to listen Minoas ramble, for a second year he had a lot to say. Boys aren't they suppose to be quiet and awkward? Minoas was not. He was full of ambitious and was determine to seek something through here. It was like he was trying accomplish something, and she wonder if it was for his benefit or anyone else. He thought he was helping, that for sure seemed clear to her. Madlyn looked down on the ground, she wonder of the possibilities. Still like she said, there was no chance in recalling back the dead. Her dad was gone and even if there was some more clarity to this story, she wasn't sure if she believed any of it or not. Madlyn wanted to, she wanted to think there was more since Professor Blaze had left her high and dried with questions, all just seemed like crap to her. She didn't know what to do. If he had told her if he had just told them hat happen then she wouldn't feel lost for answers. But no. He said nothing to them that night, he told Briar and her and that was all. That was all.

Madlyn shook her head, was she willing to agree to his plans. "Listen you little pain in my behind, if you -- I swear to mother nature you would be dealing with me if your caught in their village Minoas. I swear, you hear me? You can do whatever you want too but don't go in that village, that's all that I'm asking you not do" everything else she didn't care for it. Let the boy have his fun, let him be disappointed later on, whatever she'd be okay and all of his little fantasy would be gone. Madlyn glared at him to make sure her point came across to him. "Now that I've had enough of this and all of that's happen, I'm going back into the castle. I suggest you do the same Minoas or I'll tell Briar and she won't be happy about that either. Search for answers on your own time" she got up from the ground and walked away from the cub. So much for saying goodbye for to her dad, the old wounds were open again. She turn around and beckons him to follow her, she went on heading for the castle to finish up the rest of her packing and doings.

During her long pause, Minoas was getting high expectations, thinking that she was probably going to join him to his little adventure. However, he didn't measured well enough the situation. Madlyn wasn't Briar who was generally eager to jump into his roller-coaster of recklessness, at least most of the time. In addition, it seemed to him that the prefect's badge was cutting right off the coolness of a person and their adventurous side. It seemed to him like no fun and he hoped that he would never get the so called honor of becoming a prefect. He didn't want to lose his enthusiasm for what was making his routine interesting. However, he could understand Madlyn's reaction regarding his plans. They weren't talking just about somebody that died. It was about her father and Madlyn could respect her decision of not assisting him. Still he had the freedom to act for himself, whether he had her help or not.

He listened emotionless, with his hands crossed behind him as she was advising him and in some way, threatening him to stay away from the centaurs' territory. A mere nod was enough to show her that he had considered had she had told him. Unfortunately, except from ambitious and determine he was also really stubborn. The kind of person that has to suffer to learn through experience.
"You are right. I'm sorry for bringing that up. I must have reminded you things that you have tried a lot to cast away." he apologised at least, lowering slightly his head. He was hoping that she was going to leave alone, without prompting him to do the same. She also waited for him to catch up. At first, Minoas showed that he was eager to cooperate. He liked Madlyn and he didn't want to disrespect her or cross her prefect orders. However, the idea had jammed in his head and it was impossible to get rid of it. As she was leading the way, he hesitated, pretending that he had stopped to tie his shoelaces. When he made sure that she was looking in front of her and her attention wasn't fixed on him, he strayed from their path and vanished in the forest's silence.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back