Leave Me Alone!

Logan Vacarius

Saint Mungo's Healer / Psychiatrist (In Training)
OOC First Name
Kaitlyn
Blood Status
Muggleborn
Relationship Status
Married
Sexual Orientation
Heterosexual
Wand
Straight 12" Unyielding Cedar Wand with Meteorite Dust Core
During the Yule Ball
Logan continued to smile, actually genuinely when it came down to the nurses. They were rather exciting. Logan nodded in agreement, since they were, indeed, strange. Logan closed his eyes once more to enjoy the song, and the dancing, but then he felt her pull away a little bit, and he found himself looking into Ailsa's eyes. Her hand traced down his cheek, and he shivered slightly. But he wasn't cold. What was this feeling he was getting? She was holding the side of his face, and leaning in slightly. 'Oh my god, what are we doing? We are friends, right? Are we about to kiss?' Logan's mind was in a panic, but he calmed himself down. Ailsa was making him calm, relaxed, and helped him a lot when it came down to that incident. She really helped him, and then there was the fact that she was definitely beautiful. A smile finally crossed his features, as he leaned in to kiss Ailsa for the first time, even cupping her cheek with his own hand. However, a set of purple eyes made him stop. That face, that look. That smirk. He dropped his hands from Ailsa, and he backed away, as the boy that looked just like Chaos edged closer, not knowing that he was just taking some things to his date. His face paled, and he looked like he was going to throw up. Turning around, he bolted from the Great Hall.

After fleeing the Great Hall...
Logan had a stream of tears running down his face, exposing the fact that he used make up to cover up the dark circles under his eyes. He was trying to run, run away. Before he got hurt. Logan ended up tripping and falling to the ground, but he had no will to get back up. Visions of Chaos and himself that night flooded into his mind, and he clinched his head. He kept murmuring over and over again, "Don't hurt me, don't kill me, please." He was experienced a powerful flashback of the incident, and he lost all sense of reality. He could feel the flames on his back, and smell the bark burning. Logan was not aware of what was around him, but his eyes were open with tears running out, staring up at the ceiling. Logan did not understand what was happening to him. Logan's breathing was a little erratic, as he was anxious. Why did this happen to him? He thought that he had this, whatever it was, under control!

Things had been going fine, or they seemed to be going fine, he had met her gaze, was smiling at her, his hand even sat on her cheek and then all of a sudden it all disappeared, he grew pale and she could only stand in a strange state of confusion as he backed away from her, looking ever paler, almost like he was going to be sick, and then he bolted from the hall, "Logan?" she called out to him as she chased after him into the entrance hall, where he had tripped and fallen on to the ground, the girl knelt down next to him, "Logan?" she was breathless and panicked, unsure about what to do, unsure about how to help, but as she could hear that he was talking about what surely happened that evening, the girl realised she was so far out of her depth and needed to get someone more experience, "Logan, I'm going to be right back, okay?" she muttered to him trying her best to stay calm even though she got the impression that he was really aware of what she was saying and instead of trying to get him to understand ran back into the Great Hall, she needed help and she knew who to go to,

"Lucius! LUCIUS," she called out loudly, "Lucius, please!" she finally spotted him, and could almost cry with joy at it, she ran over to him, it seemed that now in this panic running in heels which had been impossible was as easy as running barefoot, "Lucius please, it's Logan, I...I..don't know...I don't know what happened.." Ailsa could barely get the words out, "Please just come help him," she grabbed the man's wrist and began dragging him out of the Great Hall to where Logan still lay on the floor, "Help him," she was all but begging for him to help Logan, knowing that he probably knew how best to deal with it, she didn't even care that along with Lucius was the man's date to the Yuleball, the other nurse, just someone needed to help Logan because she didn't know how to and it was the worst feeling.

Lucius Verdelet was enjoying his 'date', who happened to be the other nurse, Felix, in a dress. It was better than nothing and they got quite a few laughs this year, which was what he was really going for. After months since the incident when it involved Chaos and Logan, Lucius had hoped that the boy recovered just fine. But, when he heard Logan's date calling his name, Lucius stopped dancing, and turned to face her. Her expression alone concerned him to the point where he dropped all of what he was doing, and focused his attention on her. As soon as he heard it was about Logan, his stomach felt like it knotted up into a pretzel. However, Ailsa was not explaining what happened, but grabbed his wrist instead and led him toward the outside. He motioned for Felix to come as well. What happened to Logan was before his time here at the school. Lucius saw Logan laying on the floor, before he uttered, "Looks like he is reliving the event." Lucius bent down and held Logan within his arms, but did not stand up yet. Lucius started to stroke Logan's brown hair as he urged, "Logan, come on, you can come out of this. You are at the Yule Ball, with Ailsa." He looked to Ailsa and asked, "Do you know what triggered it?"

It had been a strange sort of decision which had lead Felix into wearing a dress, putting on make up and jewelry but the nurse hadn't really minded, he was able to relax here at school in a way that he didn't have as many opportunities to in the army, he had found it refreshing and nice, he'd been in the army for five or so years and it was intensive in a way that life at Hogwarts was nice. Aside from the odd bruise or cut, there was hardly anything serious. The man had been thoroughly enjoying his time at Hogwarts and Lucius who had made his entire transition over to the school simple had also become a good friend. They were interrupted however when a girl called out for Lucius and dragged him away from Felix in a hurried and stressed manner. Felix knew the girl vague from what Lucius had said about Logan and what had happened but he hadn't met her or him before. The man followed behind the pair a little slower, finding it oddly tricky to walk in heels until he saw the sight before him, the girl looked afraid, and Lucius had the boy in his arms, Felix instantly realised what was happening, the boy was clearly having a flashback. Instantly the medic within Felix seemed to take over he walked over to Lucius and the boy, Logan and looked between him and Lucius, "Okay, this seems like a pretty bad flashback, Lucius, I need you to prop him up so that he's sitting, leaning against your chest," he told him before gently taking Logan's wrist and checking his pulse.

"Logan? Logan can you hear me? I need you to focus on my voice, okay, I need you to try to focus on my voice, you aren't there it's not real, you're here with myself, Lucius and your girlfriend, no one here wants to hurt you. Can you tell me where you are?" he didn't do anything else, he just was sat in front of the boy, "Focus on me okay," Felix was trying to get Logan to listen to him to just pay attention to him, or at the very least give some indication that he knew what was going on, or was aware enough to focus on Felix, "Did you know Logan that Lucius is really terrible dancer," Felix's thick spanish accent was just so clear as he spoke but he hoped that Logan might grab on to that he was speaking as clearly as he could make his voice steady, calm and pronounced, "He has no rhythm, he tries very hard but he doesn't manage it, I have to count out the beat for him so he doesn't get too confused, I tell him it's like breathing, like one" he took in a deep breathing, "Two....Three....four," he exaggrated his breathing slightly so that Logan might too, "It should come naturally," he was still talking about dancing but it could very easily be mistake for him talking about breathing.

The flames, Logan could still feel them on his back, but something was happening to him. Lucius had lifted him up before putting him against his chest, so that Logan was facing forward. He was no longer laying underneath the fallen branch. Instead, he could see that boy's face, glaring into his soul, wishing for his death just because of his bloodline. This flashback was difficult to fight off, since he didn't know what it was exactly. Instead, he heard a voice, almost echoing through his head. Chaos' words were almost as loud. "I need you to try to focus on my voice, you aren't there it's not real, you're here with myself, Lucius and your girlfriend..." This wasn't real? He could feel the flames though. He could see Chaos before him. Logan blinked a couple of times, before seeing some other man, and then Chaos. He couldn't seem to focus. However, upon hearing something about Lucius being a terrible dancer, Logan started thinking, 'That's right. We were dancing, and Lucius was really bad at it.' Logan could remember that, and then he saw Ailsa. She was helping him, being his rock. But the only thing that wasn't leveled out was his breathing. Logan attempted to shove the memories back.

Logan could hear the counting, and something about breathing. He swore he could feel the pain from his back, but he attempted to get his breathing under control. After several minutes, the counting, Logan repeated it in his head, and he finally got a focus on what was happening. Logan focused on the man that he had never met, and finally regulated his breathing. The pain slowly went away, but he felt drained, exhausted, and no longer in control of what happened to him. He looked behind him to see Lucius, who looked very worried. Logan leaned back into him and closed his eyes. "Did I make a scene at the dance, or just worry Ailsa to death?" Logan was more worried about the latter. He really did not want to ruin her night with him, but Logan had a feeling that he did.

Professor Kingsley had been helping one eye on the students while she spoke with Ava about a small predicament she was having. It was when she glanced away for a moment that she spotted something that piqued her interest. The woman had spotted Logan with his date, another Gryffindor, Ailsa. And now she had just spotted her leaving the Great Hall with one of the school nurses. Cyndi watched them until she couldn't see them anymore, losing focus on the conversation she'd been having. Finally, she excused herself. Moving through the students, the woman moved quickly once she reached the doors. She didn't have to go far, spotting what had caused Ailsa to look for the nurse. Professor Kingsley had been so worried for Logan since he'd been burned. The boy had been through a traumatic experience and wasn't speaking to anyone about it. "Is he alright?" she asked the two nurses. "Are you alright?" she asked the boy before they could even answer, her eyes full of concern.

Ailsa stood a little to the side watching as the first nurse got down and held Logan, she just watched in silence trying to calm herself as the second professor seemed to take control of it. She barely heard Lucius' question she was paying so much attention to the other man and Logan, she shook her head, "I don't know, we were just dancing and then he just freaked out, I didn't know what to do," she felt awful in her word choice, she felt awful in how afraid she sounded, how shaken she was but there was no changing that, it had happened, was happening. She didn't even feel the need to correct the other man about what he had said, instead she was just looking at Logan, praying for it to end for his sake, because he'd been through so much already and this was just wasn't fair, she doubted that Chaos had moments like this over what he'd done. The teen looked to Logan as he seemed to be getting in control over what was happening, and she looked up to the head of her house who seemed as concerned and really all Ailsa wanted to do was wrap her around Logan and hold him close, she wanted to protect him from all of the world but the most she could do was the spend the late nights with him.

Felix could see the slow amount of focus from Logan, he was sure that his talking was helping him focus, it was a voice not associated with the event itself and he imagined that would allow it to focus on him, although the boy to focus on him, and the breathing was really to get Logan's pulse to slow and to give something more to focus on which was to help him eventually be able to break out of it, the nurse knew that it would be the best thing to do than just let it end. The man was watching his face carefully as he seemed to see him properly and seemed to become aware of his surroundings which definitely helped Felix relax slightly, but he didn't un-focus from his task at hand which was ensuring that Logan didn't accidentally go back into the flashback, that it was pushed down, the boy asked about making a scene and about some girl, and he heard a voice behind him, addressing himself and Lucius and then Logan, "Please, just a moment, give Logan some space," he told the voice firmly, not moving his attention away from the boy but not wanting him to focus on anything else than what was right in front of him, as in Felix, he didn't want to overwhelm Logan with people, "Logan, focus on me, your heart is still racing," he told him, he didn't take his eyes off him, and made sure he had the teen's attention, "Right, I need you to answer a few simple questions, where are you? What's your date of birth? Who is your head of house?" he said to him, speaking calmly while still holding the boy's wrist checking his pulse, knowing it would calm down eventually but he needed him to focus, "My name's Felix, I work with Lucius, Can you tell me what we both work as?" he was trying to get the boy to focus on the answers, to not focus on how he was feeling but to focus on mundane questions to bring down his heart rate and to ensure that he calmed down.

Logan was trying to focus to get his heart rate and breathing under control, but every time he blinked, he saw Chaos' face. He could not get the boy out of his head, and it was keeping him from becoming regulated. He heard another one ask if he was okay, and Logan looked toward Professor Kingsley. He tried to answer, but it would be a lie. In the end, he shook his head and looked toward Ailsa. She must be so confused. He wanted to hold her. Tell her that everything is okay. He ruined their date, and he could not make it up to her. Ruining the night, the flashbacks returning. He thought this would have only happened in his nightmares. He could not get away from them. He heard Felix tell Professor Kingsley to give him some space, but he did not move his attention from Logan. The Gryffindor rested his eyes on the man that looked pretty Spanish to him. The questions were a little jumbled together, but Logan breathed out each one, "Hogwarts. Um, outside the Great Hall. My date is Ailsa. I was born on November 12th. My head of house is Professor Kingsley." He felt Lucius still holding onto him. He felt comforted, as his heart rate slowly returned to normal, and his breathing was definitely regulated. Chaos' voice was barely audible, and his sight was still on Felix. "You both are nurses? I know Lucius is." Logan looked down for a moment, before he asked, "What's wrong with me? I'm not okay, am I?"
OOCOut of Character:
Lucius ain't gonna post right now

Felix was staring intently at Logan as the boy clearly was trying to focus himself, Felix didn't care so much about what he thought had become of this evening he was just hoping that he could just focus so much and end up ending this flashback experience. As he kept an eye on Logan's pulse and listened to him answering the questions there was a growing relaxation, the nurse could see that his breathing was evening out, that his heart rate was slowing and Felix was happier knowing that likely the worse for now was over. He nodded at the last question, "I'm new, got hired a few weeks into the term," he explained with a soft tone, finally letting go of Logan's wrist and giving the boy a confident smile, his get up was completely forgotten as the question left the boy's lips, "Logan, I'm not going to lie to you, what you just experienced was a flashback, and a pretty serious one, but it's not that uncommon in cases like yourself," Felix explained keeping his attention, "I don't want to talk about it here, but rather in the Hospital Wing tomorrow, I know you feel fine, but I'd rather you stayed in the Hospital wing overnight, your girlfriend could stay with you, as long as Professor Kingsley's okay with it too?" Felix knew that letting the girl stay might not be great, but after a night like this he wasn't going to deny the teen a little comfort of a friend or girlfriend and he knew bombarding him with questions and answers now, so freshly after would do nothing to help. Questions could be left till morning, there was nothing more which could be done on this night, "Why don't you and Ailsa head on up?" Felix suggested before standing up waiting to see what Logan would do, Felix was sure that he needed to explain what had just happened and his finding to the professor who was likely still worried about her student.

Logan hated feeling like this, but he felt that the worst was over. He felt rather comfortable talking to Felix, and being held together by Lucius. The two of them were amazing. He could never forget them. He never wanted to experience the flashback again. At least he knew the name of the nurse, and that he was new. But it seems like he was getting along with Lucius just fine. The nurse let go of his wrist, and felt hands were removed from his arms, as Lucius figured that Logan was holding himself up. Logan learned he had a serious flashback, but it was not uncommon in cases like himself. He looked at Felix questionably, before hearing that he didn't want to talk about it. "I'd rather not stay in the hospital wing, but I guess I can go through one night. As long as Ailsa stays with me. She's... She helps me." Logan looked toward Ailsa with a small smile on his face. He did not deny that she was his girlfriend or anything. He didn't want to go through that now. It was not really important to him to clear up the air. He got up on his feet, and looked to Lucius and Felix, before he looked to Professor Kingsley. He gave her a smile, "Thank you," he turned to the nurses, "all of you." He reached for Ailsa's hand before walking up to the hospital wing. His smile was replaced with a worried expression, and he bowed his head slightly.

Ailsa had been at such a loss, she hadn't known how to help him, and was more than happy when the two nurses completely took over and she was left to stand at the side feeling helpless to Logan's obvious struggle, but things seemed to be getting better, easier for him. He seemed to be calming down, breathing easier, just doing better than he had been, all because of the help of the nurses. She stayed silent until she heard the nurse in the dress talk about Logan's girlfriend, which prompted her to take a small step forward and stand a little bit close, meeting Logan's gaze as he responded to it, she offered him a small smile of encouragement feel significantly better that he looked better, calmer but she could only imagine how hard that would be and if he went through it alone too. The girl held out her hand to him as he reached for him, and gave it a light squeeze as she walked up to the hospital wing with him, keeping her body close to his and trying to provide any form of comfort that she could to him. Trying her best to just be there for him, and not bring any of it up, she just wanted Logan to be okay and she wanted to curse to the high heavens the boy who'd inflicted such a horrible experience on to the boy she cared about.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back