Lead Me Away from Heaven

Sexual Orientation
Heterosexual
Tylien Matthias was back in Bulgaria for some visits. He had heard that Zion Matthias, his brother, was up here for a bit, but then word got out that his brother left for Africa. Now that was not right. Looking for his own place still, Tylien was all over the place in the world. From Europe to New Zealand, yet nothing seemed to suit his very specific tastes. Tylien was going to find himself a place soon, and then move out from his old, smaller house completely as well as his brothers' house. He needed something larger. The small house he had now was in Russia where he would stay temporarily and also where he finished his education to get the job that he had now. The only issue was that he hated people, and his job had a ton of people going in and out. At least he could heal his family, that is, if he wanted to or felt like it. The bad thing was, he thought that he would never want to because they all got on his nerves so much. Honestly, Tylien did not even care about his family at all. He cared about himself overall, and then there was the small little animals that he kept in his home. They were simple, easy to take care of and much more respectable than people. People got on his nerves. He hated them all, but the things he took care of, it was his weakness. The Russian man straightened out his leather jacket as he walked the streets for a moment, and he wondered around with a magazine in his hand and a bottle of alcohol in the other. He was a casual drinker, much like Arman. It made him less hateful, but when the certain buttons were pushed, he would just let out his anger at them.

Sethos was different from Tylien. Sethos had a lot of anger but he was more like a kid that wanted to get his way. Tylien knew how to manipulate people and he generally hated them. The things he had done would make everything Sethos did look like mere child's play. Then something caught his attention that made Tylien put the magazine away. He folded it up and he looked down upon a small, helpless kitten. The white fur was soaked with dirt and the kitten barely looked like it was old enough to fend for itself. Tylien immediately thought that the poor thing needed help immediately. However before he could reach it, seemed like some other woman was going in for the same thing. Tylien pulled out his wand and he didn't care if she was a muggle or not, "Excuse you, you have no business going near me." Tylien was very rude, and he did not care. He bent down and scooped the little thing into his free arm that was not holding a wand. Then he knew her. It had just been quite a while. "Oh, it's you," Tylien wrinkled his nose and he almost sneered those three words.

Aarika Zhefarovich closed the door to her home behind her and locked it with a key before shoving the keys into her pocket. As much as she would love to use magic to lock doors, with the amount of muggles living around here, it would be dangerous for her to do so. "If it were up to me, I'd never live around so many muggles." Aarika lived with her boyfriend, and he was the one who seemed to have a fascination with muggles. He even risked his time and sanity to heal them, or whatever muggles called their healing practices. Point was, he even went as far as to help them out. As much as Aarika hated the idea of him helping non-magical folk, she cared for Zion too much to leave him for it. He was good to her. Although right now he was all the way in Africa, helping the sick and needy or something. He did this often, leaving Aarika behind in Bulgaria. Aarika would never lower herself to go spend her days helping muggles, so she supported him by staying at home and sending him care packages every couple of weeks. Aarika wrote him letters as often as she could as well, mostly ones trying to convince him to come home. But he request was rarely answered with good news. Was Zion ever going to come home to her? Sometimes Aarika feared that he didn't love her anymore and he was just too afraid to tell her.

If that was the case, he needed to man up and tell her. Aarika stepped off her front porch, after briefly checking the mail. No letters from Zion today. Maybe a walk would get her mind off of things. About ten minutes or so into her walk, the shrill cries of a kitten brought her to a pause. Aarika absolutely loved cats. Aarika went over to pick up the kitten, but someone beat her to it. Aarika became alarmed when the man even pulled out a wand and rudely told her that she had no business going near him. Aarika scowled. Clearly they had no idea who she was. Elegant and fair on the outside, mean as a beast on the inside. Then she finally recognized the man. He seemed to recognize her too, judging by the next few words he said to her. It was Zion's younger brother, Tylien. He was a completely jerk, and Aarika really disliked him. Of all the people she could have run into, she had to run into him. "F*ck off, Tylien." Aarika nudged his wand aside, and went to take the kitten from his arm. There was no way that precious little kitten wanted to be in the arms of such an awful man.

Aarika looked as lovely as ever, and that did not bother Tylien one bit. She was seeing Zion, who spent all of his time in Africa with the little kids, so who knew what he saw in that place. Plus, the place was full of muggles! How disgusting was that? Tylien almost wanted to throw up with knowing that information. She said three words to him, and that made him smirk. She also nudged the wand away, and reached for the kitten, which he effectively blocked from her view. "Was that an invitation, Aarika?" his tone wreaked of being cocky, with that smirk to match on his lips. She was feisty from what he had heard from Zion. Tylien could not resist trying his luck some more with Aarika. "After all, with my brother gone, must be lonely without having someone at least a decade older than you in your bed sheets." Zion was beyond thirty now, as the second oldest brother of the huge clan of Matthias boys and a few girls. The girls were easier to remember than the boys. After all, there were only three of the girls, two of which were twins. The other girl was the baby, who also had a mean streak in her. It was only the beginning for Pandora. She could get worse and end up falling ill like Sethos had, but she could get better like Troxa had.

"What do you want with this kitten anyway? I don't think it would like being corrupted by the likes of you, Zhefarovich." Tylien did not put his wand away either. He never knew about women from that family. They were vicious, terrifying, almost as much as the men were (depending on the male, said Arman to the family at one point). Either way, Tylien did not want to end up in that web. Aarika might have been hot, but he still did not want to have anything to do with her, even if she became his sister-in-law. Wasn't Zion supposed to marry her or something? He did not know. The kitten was his. It meowed softly, and Tylien looked down at it, his ferocity somewhat softening a bit before it hardened as he looked back at Aarika. She was making the kitten upset now, and he wanted her to just leave. "Now do you mind? You are in my way of going home." His tone was nothing short of rude and unpleasant. Sometimes one had to be very sharp toward the women, otherwise things would just never be done.

Aarika rolled her eyes when Tylien hid the kitten from her view. It would appear as if he didn't feel like sharing with her today. Too bad for him though, because Aarika was more eager than ever to take that kitten home with her. His response to Aarika made her pause and raise an eyebrow at him. "Well....." Aarika drawled off, almost sounding as if she were considering it, but then it quickly changed to a snort that was accompanied by an eye roll. "Not an invitation for you." The brunette snottily. Considering the fact that Tylien was Zion's brother already made it a giant no in her books. However, it doesn't help that he was a complete ass most days either. Every time Aarika saw him she found as reason to dislike him more. Most of it had to do with his attitude and the way he was towards her fiance. Aarika truly cared for Zion, so seeing his brothers treat him like crap because of his job (though she hated it just as much) always got Aarika real worked up. "I'm not lonely at all." Aarika lied. If she had to be honest about it, she was actually very lonely these days. Zion was always away, and it seemed like he often cared more about those kids in Africa than he did her. Why else would she want the a cat at home? She needed something to spend her time with!

"I just happen to really like cats. Besides, I would never torture such a sweet little creature." Aarika brushed a bunch of brown hair from her face and rolled her eyes blue eyes. Aarika didn't want to mention that she was often lonely and bored. That would be admitting that she was vulnerable, and that he was right. Aarika missed Zion, and a part of her was angry at him for leaving her alone like this. Why couldn't he be a doctor here? Then he and Aarika could get married, and have many children. Or not. They would even be one of those couples who never had children and just enjoyed each other's company. "How about no!" Aarika wasn't moving until Tylien let her have the freaking cat. He seemed to know better than to let his guard down around her for too long either. Aarika would be more than willing to hex him into the next life if he gave her too much trouble. One way or another, she was going to have that cat as her own.

Tylien raised an eyebrow as he was convinced that she was actually thinking about that. Would Tylien ever sleep with his brother’s fiancée? Probably would, but this was Aarika. She was a Zhefarovich and by nature, that meant bad news. Outstanding family of course, but definitely not one he wanted to get mixed up in. Tylien then saw her eyes roll and said that it was not an invitation for him. He breathed out a sigh of relief before he smirked a fair bit, "Good, would not want to stick anything in you except a knife." Tylien hated the girl, for some reason. She just seemed snotty and out of touch with Zion. Then again, he was always running off to Africa to take care of the animals and the children like some saint. Tylien was harsh was Zion and always would be. Zion was a filthy blood traitor and needed that stitched into his arm. If this was thirty so years ago, Zion would have been in a family full of Death Eaters, and Tylien would have been the worst of the bunch, in his own way. Sethos might have had a temper, but he could only hold a small candle to Tylien’s ruthlessness. Even though Tylien made his money on being a medical assistant in the Saint Mungo’s hospital, there was a reason why he did not hold a healer title. He did not want to help people out that directly at all.

"Oh please, you are lonely. You crave attention. Perhaps that is why you want a pet. No one could ever stand to wake up next to you. So, I will save this kitten the torture of having to look at your face every minute of every day." Tylien heard the kitten meow ever so softly against him, and he looked down upon the face. It was adorable and sweet, but Tylien was not going to let it near the other woman without him being dead that is. Aarika was not moving either, and he raised his wand toward Aarika. He was not happy with what he was seeing right now, and he thought that the kitten really needed some food. "Look, get out of my way. I am not afraid to have a body count on my conscience. Plus, this kitten needs food, which I have at my house." Tylien then thought about it. He could just apparate! Wow, he was an idiot. Looking around, he could see no one else but Aarika. "Why am I still here? I will just apparate home. See you later, b*tch." As soon as he prepared to apparate, Aarika jumped on his back and tagged along. He arrived in the room where he kept three other kittens, one black, one multicolored and one white, until they were old enough to be given away. His adult Persian, Starr, was in another room, sleeping. "Okay, what the hell, Zhefarovich?!" roared Tylien, seeing as he was livid that she jumped his apparation, to his house of all places!

Tylien must have thought that she would have left it at that and let him apparate away. Clearly he had no idea how stubborn Zhefarovich women could be when it came to getting the things they wanted. Narrowing her eyes at the name he called her, Aarika lunged at Tylien, forcing him to apparate her right along with him. The last thing that poor cat needed was to share a home with Tylien. As soon as the spinning had stopped, Aarika released Tylien and rubbed her head. Apparating had never been Aarika's preferred method of travel as it had a tendency to make her sick. As soon as Aarika was able to focus on the room about her, she noticed that this wasn't the first kitten that this mad had plucked off of the streets. "Oh my god, you're the male equivalent to a freaking cat lady!" Of course, she had to resist the urge to stuff them all into a bag and steal them away, but it was shocking to see that he had as many cats as he did. Once they had spotted Aarika, they scampered over to wander around her feet curiously. Aarika smirked and allowed her body to crouch down so she could give a quick scratch to each and every one of them.

"I guess I know what your weakness is now, Tylien." Aarika smirked as she finished petting one of the kittens and stood back up. That man had a very powerful weakness when it came to cats. It would be nice to know this later, because then she would know the secret to getting what she wanted from him. Not that there was really anything she desired from Tylien, except that he maybe get a life or something. "Look, I saw the freaking cat first, and you clearly have enough cats to care for already, so give it to me." Aarika stuck her hand out and wiggled her fingers. Though the kitten was small, she was sure that it still would be to big for her tiny hands. If she had to knock Tylien down a peg or two then she would make sure to do that, but one way or another, she was leaving that house with a cat in her arms. At least then she would have something to focus on other than how lonely she was feeling while her fiance ran about Africa healing people.

Tylien was in absolute shock that Aarika would have dared come as far as jump on him while he was apparating, and then she said that he was the male equivalent to a cat lady. His amber eyes narrowed dangerously at her. She knew what he was doing with his life now, and he was not very comfortable with it. "I might like felines more than people because people generally get on my nerves, but I don't keep them for long. I nurse them back to health." Though, he was known to keep quite a few. Right now, only Starr remained in his house for the longest time. Tylien refused to set the one that he rescued down, knowing that Aarika would try to snatch it. It was in no condition to go off to a new home, and he knew this. The kitten needed to have some food and immediately to get the weight up, and probably some wipes to clean off the little face. She seemed gentle enough with the other kittens he had running about, but that did not change his mind about the one he was carrying right now. Tylien could not stand to know that someone he did not appreciate much knew all about what he did that was basically unknown to everyone.

"You tell anyone about this, and Zion will have to try to nurse your dead body back to health," snarled Tylien viciously, unknowing that if he did see to that, he would be dead because of her relatives. She claimed that she saw the cat first which made him roll those amber eyes. He did not say anything immediately as he walked over to a shelf and got out a can of wet food for the little kitten. He opened it and set the little thing down on a small counter so that it could eat alone. However, Tylien stood as a wall between it and Aarika. "No. It needs proper care before it goes into the hands of a lonely owner. Feel free to stop by an animal shelter. Merlin knows they need to have some dogs or cats to be saved. This one stays here." It was obvious that he was firm by what he meant. This one was staying. It needed to gain some weight, possibly see if it had any worms or infections, and whatever else. "Now, Aarika, leave my house. I don't feel comfortable with the likes of you in my private quarters unless you were naked."

Aarika wasn't affected by Tylien's threat. Aarika was scared of very few people and Tylien wasn't one of them. "Do you honestly think I'm scared of you? How funny. Keep running your mouth and I will tell everyone." Aarika would keep his secret out of common courtesy. But if he forced her into a corner like he often did, she would be sure to tell anyone who would listen. But threatening her definitely wasn't going to keep her from telling someone. If Tylien so much as made a scratch on her, he would be in more trouble than he ever dreamed of. Aarika knew that he knew of her family, and he wasn't stupid either. So despite his threat, she felt like she had nothing to worry about. Aarika shot him a look before she crossed her arms over her chest and awaited for some snotty remark. Tylien could be pretty mouthy when he got angry. It was usually what gave him away when he and Tristane were both in the room. One could be rather sweet and angelic, and then there was Tylien. Actually, almost all of the Matthias brothers were rather mouthy. It must have been hereditary trait they all shared.

"But I want that one." Although rescuing some poor dog or cat from the shelter sounded pretty good right about now, Aarika wanted to make a point to this man. A point that proved that she had seen the cat first and she wanted it more than he did. Besides, he certainly had enough cats with him here. Did he really need another? Apparently he didn't want Aarika inside of his house unless she was naked either. Aarika rolled her blue eyes. "You are aware of the fact that I'm engaged to your brother right? So yeah, not going to happen. I'm not leaving either." Aarika sat down and crossed her legs. Yeah she wasn't going anywhere until her point was made, whether Tylien liked it or not. Hopefully he'd calm his perverted nature though, since she was engaged to his older brother and it was weird. Actually being here alone almost made Aarika feel like she was being unfaithful to her fiance. Even if he was roaming around Africa with god knows who. A cat mewed softly at Aarika before it crawled into her lap. Smiling softly, Aarika began to scratch it behind the ears. It was just so cute!

Tylien rolled his golden eyes and he snorted, "Who in the hell would believe a word out of your mouth? I am sure that my family would adore hearing from a common *****." Tylien smirked a bit, and knew that no one he really did not want to know about his little secret would ever believe her. Just a few words around his family, and Aarika would be out of there. Tylien knew how to make the word reach Zion too, so perhaps he could threaten that, if the relationship ever meant anything to her. Well, he would not have to hurt her per say, but emotionally and her reputation, he could ruin. He really did not want to face her family, so he would have to work within, if she managed to tell anyone. "Perhaps, out of safety, I won't hurt you physically. Oh, what will Zion think of his sweet, lonely little woman going out to other guys' houses? All I need to do is come up with a story, and everyone is putty in my hands. You'll be ridiculed out of this family. Surely, you don't want that." Tylien gave her an almost innocent smirk. As innocent as he could make it as it seemed like it was coming from the devil himself. After all, he was the worst of the bunch.

Groaning at what she was saying, as she wanted the one that he was caring for. Tylien shook his head, "No. It needs medical care now. Come back in say, when hell freezes over. Then I'll hand the cat right over to you." Tylien noticed that the kitten finished the can of food, and he conjured up some water for it to drink. He ignored Aarika for a little while longer. She really needed to go, and didn't know if she would without a fight. Then she mentioned that she was engaged to his brother, and if he knew about that. Tylien turned to face her, and leaned against the wall, next to the small kitten that was lapping up the water. He folded his arms across his chest and asked, "I do, but how is that really going for you? I mean, he is out in Africa, away from you. There's no telling what he is up to. I couldn't imagine the doubts you have. After all, he went to Africa rather than marrying you. Wait, that sounds like an old sitcom I heard of from years back."

Aarika shrugged. "Maybe the fact that you're the worst of the brothers might have to do something with them believing me. I've heard the stories Tylien, you're nothing but a huge nuisance to your poor brothers. I bet." She had no idea if it was true or not, but Aarika had to figure that he caused problem of sorts. Zion had explained to her some of things he had been capable of in the past, and apparently one had to be careful when trusting him. Aarika trusted close to nobody to begin with so avoiding Tylien's supposed charm was a lot easier than others made it sound. Tylien tried once more to threaten her with blackmail of sorts, and Aarika narrowed her blue eyes. Did he really want to play dirty? Did he really not realize who Aarika was? Zhefarovich's never let someone try to control them without attempting to play dirty right back. "All I'd have to is explain why I came here and Zion would believe me. Besides, why would I care what your family thinks? I'm marrying Zion, not them." Of course some part of her would loved to be accepted by them, but if they dislike her there was nothing she could do about it and she wasn't gong to waste her time trying to win a losing battle.

"I'm not leaving without the cat so I hope you're ready for a house guest, Tylien." Surely had had enough cats to the point where he could spare this one! Aarika hated that he seemed to think that she didn't know how to treat a sickly cat. It needed food, water, affection, and quite possibly some medicine. It wasn't that hard so she wasn't sure why he seemed to think it was. Perhaps he considered her to be more stupid than actually was. Aarika hated that Tylien continued to bring up the topic of Zion and the fact that he would rather to go Africa to play doctor rather than come home and actually marry her. "Shut up! He'll come back soon! He promised he would once he had helped these people. I am confident that he'll come back and we'll be married soon. I don't need your negativity putting thoughts into my head." Aarika explained bitterly. She was upset that she was beginning to think that Zion might never come home and make her his bride, and Tylien was only adding onto her fears. What if he was right and she was lonely forever?

Tylien really misunderstood the stories. To his family, he was never the one to mess with since he always knew how to get his way, even if that meant hurting someone. He was never not open to the idea. "A nuisance would be Sethos, someone who has anger problems. I, on the other hand, make him look like a toddler." If she truly heard the stories, she would know all about Sethos, and imagine him being that much worse. "Surely, you have heard of that one little myth, the good twin and the bad twin. Tristane is nothing short of an angel, and when you have an angel on your shoulder, you tend to have a devil on the other one." Tylien almost laughed at his own little joke, but he doubted that he could stand a chance against her family, if they backed her up, according to rumor. He needed to think about what he was doing and saying first. He snorted when she noted on all she would have to say to make Zion believe. "If no one likes someone in our family, we scare them off. Just the way it is. It may happen to you, especially if I plant seeds of doubt into everyone's heart, including your beloved."

The amber eyes of Tylien narrowed as he heard that she was not leaving without the cat. He finally gave in before he sneered, "Fine, stay here for as long as the cat gets healthy. It takes three weeks, and let's see how long you can last with me before you end up cracking." He could only argue with someone for so long. He looked down as the kitten finished drinking, and was looking for a way to jump down. He scooped it into his arm where it curled up, purring. Tylien knew that with him arguing with Aarika over Zion and the kitten, the baby wouldn't find a good place to sleep. He stroked the fur softly, before he set the kitten down into a bed, where it would lay to get the energy back up. "How long has he been gone? A year? Two? I've not seen him in a while, but when he packed, he packed everything he had. If my fiance went off to some third world land, I would have taken the hint to move on by now. Especially if no letters have been passed in months. But hey, that's me. Obviously, you are a bit more pathetic, holding on to dead weight."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back