Laying Around

Taylor Mercer

OOC First Name
Taylor
Wand
Rosewood Wand 14 1/4" Essence of Hair from the mane of a Unicorn
Taylor lazily dragged her feet across the grass. Bored, bored, bored, bored. Why did it always come down to this? Yawning she fell down on the lush grass and placed her hands behind her head. Closing her eyes, she breathed in. Boredom had caused her to yet again wander the castle. Thats all she seemed to be doing nowadays. The lawn was peaceful, maybe she would just think for a while, clear her head. She did that an awful lot too.

Bella strolled outside hoping to find her cousin there. to her delight she found her lying on the floor. its always so tempting to scare her She thought, but soon decided against it after remembering the beating she got last time. Bella walked up to her Taylor and sat down next to her.
"Hey lazy, ive been looking for you."

Hearing a body sit next to her and then a very familiar voice, Taylor didnt bother opening her eyes, she simply smiled and replied. "Hey. What's up?"

"Nothing much, i thought id come annoy you cause im bored." Bella stared across the lawn. Closing her eyes she lay back next to Taylor. "But maybe ill just lie next to you and die instead."

Toni still couldn't believe that only the first week of school had passed. It was only the second week and she had already screwed so much up and caused so many problems. She really was tempted to just scream at the top of her lungs to let out some of this frustration but knowing that she was getting enough attention, enough evil glares in the hall, enough to draw more attention with her.

Walking out to the lawn hoping that she could take her mind off of everything. Her thoughts going all over as she noticed a two girls laying on the grass. Going over and sitting next to them she didn't say a word for a bit. "hey" She said finally not even looking at them just into the distance.

Bella opened her eyes and lifted her head to see who was talking. She smiled at the girl sat next to her and Taylor. "Hey im Bella."

Taylor laughed at Bella and cracked one eye open. "Well your probably not going to cure your boredom with me, im equally bored, but i guess its nice to have company." Closing her eyes again. She soon felt another presense and opened her eyes fully and sat up to see a girl, muttering a distant 'hey'. Taylor had seen the girl in class a few times, knowing she was a first year Slytherin. "Hey, I'm Taylor." She was looking at the girl, but the girl seemed far away, lost in her own thoughts it seemed.

Bella lifted her self into a sitting position and then poked taylor. "That was mildly amusing though." She smiled cheekily at her cousin, then turned to the slytherin girl who seemed a little shy.

Normally Toni would be able to make some rude comment say something about how boredom had driven her to hang out with company as low as these two girls. Toni usually would of said something, but as of now she wasn't in the moment. She hadn't talked to Sam in ages since he and her had that little fight in the dungeons. Toni hadn't bumped into Beau since that day she talked to him about worrying about Sam finding out. Overall Toni was just out of it, which was better than being able to think about the mess she had gotten herself into.

When the two girls introduced themself, Toni nodded not even taking the names in. "I'm Toni, first year Slytherin" she said making sure that when she said slytherin she had pride in her voice. Even after everything she could manage to have pride in her house.

Taylor turned around and slapped Bella's hand away, absently rubbing where Bella had poked her.

"Pleasure, first year Gryffindor myself." Taylor said tightly, the girl still seemed a bit hostile, but Taylor was going to at least try to make some conversation. "What brings you out here?" Was all she could manage, she still couldnt be sure if the Slytherin would take an instant dislike to her because of house. It wouldnt be the first time something like this had happened.

Bella scowled at Taylor rubbing her hand. She felt a little out of place, a Gryffindor and a Slytherin together? She hoped that the two girls didnt care about thier houses rivalry. "Im Ravenclaw." Bella said when Taylor introduced herself to Toni.

Toni managed to roll her eyes at the girl's peppiness. This was not what Toni needed right now some happy go lucky gryffindor. Toni pulled her knees up into her chest to get in a more comfortible sitting position.

When the girl asked what brought her out there, Toni wasn't willing to go into the story. She had told Jenna due to her imense gulit and that backfired all the way. God it was all Jenna's fault. Though that was no surprise. Jenna had been waiting for Toni to mess up ever since the start.

"I just needed some fresh air" Toni lied not caring if the two girls believed her. "How about you two" Toni asked as she twirled a small piece of her blonde hair out of habit. As the other girl introduced herself as Ravenclaw Toni nodded. "At least I'm not stuck with a bunch of bloody Hufflepuffs" Toni said

Bella giggled. "Where just here becuase were bored." She smiled warmly looking up at the castle. "Hufflepuffs arent that bad, well some are but otherwise there quite nice." Looking away from the castle Bella began to shred random blades of grass for something to do.

Taylor drew back slightly. Yup, she was going to judge her by her house. She casually pulled her hair so that it all bunched on one shoulder. "Bored out of my mind basically." She waited a beat before she added. "You really shouldnt judge people by what house they are in, a person goes much deeper than what a tattered old hat can see." She wanted to roll her eyes at the Slytherin. They were always the first people to judge.
Taylor glanced at Bella, then nodded slightly in agreement. "One of my best friends is a Hufflepuff. Sam is practically the opposite, minus the fact that he is nice to everyone." She laughed slightly, her attention still on Bella.

Bella smiled stupidly at Taylor. "Whos Sam? Youve never told me about a Sam before."Moving th disscusion in a different direction. Two enemy houses talking about other houses wasnt really a good thing to do. She looked down and continued to shred the blades of grass, getting a feeling this would become awkward quite soon.

Toni listened to how bored the two girls were. Wishing that she could be bored out of her mind. Wishing that maybe just maybe she wouldn't have to figure this all out, or really just wait for Sam to make up his mind. All Toni could do was wait and that seemed to be killing her the most, having no power over this matter.

As the one girl named Taylor said that Toni shouldn't judge people by houses, Toni let out a small scoff. "Like you don't judge people by houses. It happens to all of us." Toni said thinking that truely she believed that everyone judged by houses.

Yet when Taylor said something about Sam, Toni's heart sank. Everyone loved Sam and Toni had just blown it. She leaned her head onto her knees her hair falling to frame her face. "I don't want to even mention Sam right now" Toni said her voice soft. Why did everyone have to like him so much? Because he is such a great guy Toni thought feeling even worse about the whole thing.

Bella opened her mouth to make a comment about judging houses, but she soon thought better of it when she realised Toni was right. But the only house Bella had judged was Slytherin, for the most part she was right about her judgement, but she knew some Slytherins could be different.

Bella glanced at Toni, she could see pain in her face when Sam was mentioned. Well obviously not the best topic change she thought. Feeling th air get awkward as she had predicted she went back to her blade of grass.

Taylor was beginning to feel uncomfortable, but she shrugged it off as nothing. What's the point in feeling uncomfortable, she's a harmless Slytherin and she decided to join you, not the opposite. Taylor's mind scolded. Shaking her head she glanced back at the girl as she spoke. Making the decision to prompty ignore her first statement, Taylor was a little surprised by the second.

Taylor hadnt seen someone look so disturbed in a long time. Toni was having some major internal battles that much Taylor could be certain of. "Im sorry." Taylor mumbled, although she didnt know why and knew it wouldnt really help the situation. Did this have something to do with why Sam had the same look the girl sitting in front of her did the last time they spoke? Taylor was extremely tempted to ask what had happened, but thought it definatly not appropriate right now.

Not knowing what else to do, Taylor glaned at Bella, who had already distracted herself. Taylor turned back to Toni, tempted to try and comfort the girl. Taylor knew she wouldnt accept it though, so there really was no point.

Toni could tell that she looked like she was pained Great seem like a weak person Toni thought bitterly. She wasn't going to let this happen. She wasn't going to let a ravenclaw and gryffindor pity her.

As Taylor said she was sorry, Toni's head shot up. Not looking at the girl right away as to make sure that she could hold an evil glare. Turning and glaring at the girl Toni shook her head. "I don't need your pity" Toni said her voice cold, colder than it had been in a while.

"I dont' need pity from a ravenclaw and gryffindor that doesn't understand what the heck is going on" Toni said her voice remaining in the cold tone. She turned back to look in front of her at nothing in certain. The thoughts of everything trying to make their way into her major thought pattern. Pushing down the urge to even think about Sam or anything involving that matter, she remained silent.

Bella wondered if there was something she was missing between these two girls, maybe this Sam had something to do with it. She slipped into a deep thought before realising she was staring at a random student across the lawn. She shook her head and looked at the two girls.

She let out an awkward cough then stared into the distance. "Did you get an owl from your parents taylor?" She asked to break the silence

Taylor matched the glare Toni sent her. "Im not giving you pity, frankly you dont deserve it the way you waltz up and start abusing us. I was simply apologising for bringing up the subject. There is a difference between pity and being a good person." She spat out the last words, she wasnt going to be pushed around by some Slytherin who thinks the world revolves around her.

She sighed shaking her head. "I dont want to fight with you about something i dont even know about. So why start one? What are you going to gain from it?" Taylor said gently, bringing her legs up and wrapping her arms around them. She looked over to Bella, "Yeah i did." She said with a tired smile.

Bella stared from girl to girl, she was a little shocked. Wow house rivalry? Who knows, but she was deffinatly missing something, some key point of information.

"i just thought id point out that i never said anything." Bella said dumbly. Well that was stupid, your Ravenclaw your supposed to be smart she mentally slapped her forehead.

Toni wanted to actually clap for Taylor for meeting Toni's glare. If Taylor was a friend, Toni might have, but since at the moment Taylor was the far from being a friend she remained quiet.

As Taylor said she was a good person, Toni scoffed. "Don't apologise. I don't want your sorry's." She said not bothering to look her way. "A good person whatever" Toni muttered under her breath as she heard the dumb gryffindor say something about starting a fight.

"Good because you know I don't think I feel up to fighting with the likes of you" She said rolling her eyes as she ran her hair through her hair. Strengthing out her legs she tried to calm down. Though she couldn't help but wonder why everyone had to bring Sam up in every conversation.

Yet when the Ravenclaw stated that she didn't say anything Toni let out a laugh. "Pathetic" She muttered.

Taylor laughed at Bella's comment. Taylor was really too laid back for this situation to get under her skin. She looked back at Toni, although gently this time. "Im clearly a better person than you." She spoke casually, as if stating the weather for the day. "I can at least know when im not feeling too great and maybe talk to someone about it. Instead you choose to come out and start a fight with me, a person who only wanted to see if you were ok, because thats the right thing to do when someone looks troubled and sits next to you." She sighed leaning back on her hands and stretching out her legs. "I never meant to offend you in any way by being nice." Glancing back at Bella she said. "I really wish Slytherins would give Gryffindors a chance sometimes." More to herself than anyone else.

Maybe Taylor would ask Sam about this. Although maybe she wouldnt. She had never meant to make the girl so mad. Taylor didnt like the atmosphere, it was far too tense.

Bella hid her face in her hair as she felt her cheeks burn, hmm she had made an idiot of herself and had nothing to do with this fight, maybe it was best if she left. As much fun as sitting there awkwardly was. She opened her mouth to say something but lost what it was so went back to shredding grass.

maybe she should leave just yet.. this might get interesting

Users who are viewing this thread

Back