Laura O'Connor

Wand
Myrtle Wand 15 1/2inches. Core - Tail hair of Charmed Newt
- Full Name: Laura Agnes O'Connor
- Birth Date: December 3rd 2008
- Current Age: 11 years old
- Basic Appearance: Brown wavy hair, blue-grey eyes, 5ft 2"
- Parents: Michael O'Connor, Ann O'Connor
- Siblings, if any: Joanne O'Connor, aged 18.
- Pets, if any: Hestia, family owl
- Area of Residence: Cork, Ireland.
- Blood status: Half blood. Wizard father, Muggle mother.

(If your character is a sorted student:)
- Hogwarts House (And why):
- Best school subjects (And why):
- Worst school subjects (And why):

(all characters:)
- What would their Patronus be? German Shepherd
- What would their Boggart be? A five foot snake.
- What would their Animagus form be? (If they ever were to become one) German Shepherd.
- What would your character see if he/she looked in the Mirror of Erised? Her mother smiling at her doing magic.
- What memory could they use to create a Patronus? Riding her dad's broom aged ten.

- Write an example roleplay by your character:
Laura lay back on her bed, sighing. She had just come home from her last day at Muggle school, and she felt terrible because she might never see her classmates again. They were bitterly disapointed when she told them that she might be going to a boarding school in New Zealand next year. Obviously she couldn't tell them what the school was called, or she'd be in deep trouble. There's still that little chance that you mightn't be accepted, she told herself, then snorted. Fat chance! I'm magical. End of that.

She was roused from her thoughts by a gentle knock on the door. "Can I come in, Laura?" a male voice called. "Come on!" she answered. The door swung open, and her dad was standing in the doorway, Hestia the family owl on his wrist. "There's a letter for you!" he said, "Guess where it's from!"

Laura sat bolt upright in her bed. "It came, it came!" she cheered, and snatched the letter from Hestia's beak. Ripping it open and scanning the letter, she screamed "I'VE BEEN ACCEPTED!!!" Hugging her dad, she dashed downstairs and yelled into the sitting room, where Joanne was sitting: "I've been accepted into Hogwarts!"
"No way," Joanne replied, "Which one?"
"The one in New Zealand," Laura replied excitedly, jumping up and down.

"Mum, Mum!" she called, now running into the kitchen, "I'm going to Hogwarts!"
"Well done," her mum replied, but not looking happy. Laura calmed down a little. Surely her mum could be happy for her?

If you have any questions, please ask.

Your character description is good. Keep it simple in the beginning to develop your character over time is a favorite of mine as opposed to going in big and then having nothing to build on.

I like your roleplay. My only concern is that you wrote you were going to HNZ and then got your letter saying you were accepted and enthusiastically told everyone you were going there. It seems a little time disjointed to me. But then I"m more linear in my writing.

I also liked your descriptives and wording. When you write imagine what your character is doing and feeling and the area around them and make us know exactly what you see in your mind.

Good job.

Is there a house you would really like to get into?

You seemed terribly excited about getting into HNZealand. Is there a reason you were really happy to get into this school or were you just excited to go to a wizarding school period.

Your mother is a muggle yet your Mirror of Erised vision is of your mother looking at you doing magic. Does she approve of your magic? Most muggles don't necessarily embrace magic.

In character describe your experience of riding your dad's broom at the age of 10

Professor Heimdall

Is there a house you would really like to get into? I don't mind which house I get into, but preferably Gryffindor or Ravenclaw.

You seemed terribly excited about getting into HNZealand. Is there a reason you were really happy to get into this school or were you just excited to go to a wizarding school period? I really wanted to go to Hogwarts in Britain, but when the school was filling up, I realised that this might not be possible and so I was really glad to get an acceptance letter from HNZ.

Your mother is a muggle yet your Mirror of Erised vision is of your mother looking at you doing magic. Does she approve of your magic? Most muggles don't necessarily embrace magic. No, she doesn't approve of my magic, and my dearest wish is that she'll one day be proud of my powers.

In character describe your experience of riding your dad's broom at the age of 10.
Laura was excited. Today her dad was teaching her to fly on a broomstick. "I ain't no Madam Hooch," he warned, referring to his old flying teacher at school, "But hopefully we'll have you a few feet off the ground in an hour or two." His broom was slung over his shoulder, and his other hand was holding his daughter's.

They reached a clearing in a forest, well hidden from prying eyes. Laura's dad placed his broom on the ground, and instructed Laura to stand next to it with her right hand hovering over the handle. Then, he told her to say clearly, "Up!"

Laura did as she was told, but all the broom did was twitch slighty on the ground. She looked at her dad pleadingly. "Try again," he advised, "But say it with more force."

"UP!" Laura shouted, and the broom jumped into her hand. She swayed slightly from the force of it. "Well done!" her dad said, giving her a clap on the back which nearly winded her. "Now we can move on to seating, and eventually flying." Laura clapped her hands in delight. She was going to enjoy this.

She swung her leg over the broom, and her dad then circled her, making minor ajustments to her stance and grip. "Now, kick off from the ground, do a lap of the clearing, and come back down again." he said. "This is the fun part."

Laura kicked off, and suddenly she was flying! She gasped with delight, and laughed out loud, waving at her dad below. "That's my girl!" he cried. "Now come back down, or you'll be up there all night." As she touched down, she grinned mishieviously, and her dad ruffled her hair fondly. "You're a natural! I'll be surprised if you don't make it onto a Quidditch team." And, chattering away together, they set off home.

((Hope you like Professor!))

Hi Laura! You are off to a very, very good start with this. :D I just have an inquiry.

Laura has a muggle mother, I'm just curious why her father, a wizard, decided to marry a muggle?

((Thanks for the praise! I do a lot of RPing on other sites as well.))

Laura has a muggle mother, I'm just curious why her father, a wizard, decided to marry a muggle? That's something you'll have to ask my dad I'm afraid. My mum told me that it was love at first sight though, and that my dad didn't tell her about him being a wizard until after they were married. Of course, she was too much in love with him to leave him, but that doesn't stop her disaproving.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back