Late night surprises

Kailey Harrington

OOC First Name
Kelsey
Wand
12 1/2" Firm Fir Wand with the essence of Dragon Heartstring
It was late within the bowels of the spacious Harrington Mansion and within one of it's many bathrooms, the form of Kailey Paramore; the recent graduate and Chaser for the Thundelarra Thunderers could be seen crouched precariously on the top of the sink, reaching to unscrew one of the magically charged light bulbs that had gone out and would not be worked with no matter how many charms she used in the attempt to get it to help illuminate the room once more. "Aha!" she whispered triumphantly as it fell into her waiting hand. She sat it down gingerly beside her and quickly maneuvered herself to where she was standing solidly on the marble floor once more, shivering a bit as her warm feet made contact with the chilled floor. Dangling it above the garbage can for a moment she stopped, and after a moment of consideration she cast a quick charm on the lights output and this time used her wand to re screw the bulb in, smiling when it lit up just fine. Why she hadn't done that in the first place she would never know.

After a few minutes of thoroughly scrubbing the days make up off of her face and wiping the hand print off of the mirror she exited the cold room, the door shutting behind her with a small click. She slowly made her way up to her room, her feet nearly sinking in the fluffy carpet that lined the halls of the mansions which was much warmer in contrast to the harsh cold of the marble floors that covered the rest of the house. Kailey still got lost sometimes but this floor she knew well. She still found it hard to wrap her head around the fact that she lived here with her fiance even though both of these things had happened over a year ago. Well to be fair Kailey had only been living in the Mansion with her love full time for about three months now, something that Kailey was still getting used to.

She opened the door to her room and looked at her large unoccupied bed and a thought occurred to her. The two had been living together for quite a time now and were even engaged and yet they had never slept together, and by slept she quite literally meant slept as in a night of rest in the same bed, hell even the same room. Not that particularly bothered Kailey but it had been a long rough day of practice with the team as her and Trista were still being trained to get better than the mere school level of the sport to which they were accustomed and honestly after having barely been able to see him for a fair part of the week. Kailey was feeling for lack of a better word; snuggly. So with that thought she decided to surprise her rather old fashioned Husband-to-be and pay him a visit. Quickly padding down the hallway with the silence of a ghost [Theoretically of course as Ghosts had a tendency to be quite loud] she soon found herself in front of Demitris's door, giving three firm knocks on the door she took a small step back and waited.

Demitris had been working from home. He was becoming a book writer, finding out that he had a knack for writing history over the Greeks and such. Demitris would make a good History of Magic professor if he wanted to teach the position. Then again, Demitris wasn't much for teaching. Never had been. But it was an option for the future. Demitris wasn't much for Quidditch but he trusted Dietrich to watch after his fiancée while at practice. Demitris couldn't be there half the time, and he had his own work he had to complete, but it was nice. Demitris wondered if Kailey would be heading to bed anytime soon. He planned on their wedding to happen, but it wouldn't be for a long time however. You see, Demitris was highly old fashioned. He and Kailey slept in different beds in different rooms. Not only did it keep them from having unsuspected children due to his beliefs of not pertaining in sexual activities until marriage, but it gave them both privacy.

The three knocks sent chills under Demitris' skin. He was not only not wearing a shirt, but he was also in his silk pants because he was ready to go to bed. The lights were on dim, and he didn't bother having it bright. He was reading, well not anymore about Julius Caesar. Demitris stood up and he set the book down, marking it with a bookmark. Demitris approached the door, after walking a long ways because of his fear of being in closed spaces. His hand wrapped around the doorknob and he pulled the door open to see his love of his life there. Standing. Demitris ran his hand through his hair and he smiled at his beloved, "Um, hey, is there something wrong? I figured you would be in bed by now, Kailey." Demitris leaned against the doorway, allowing the door to creak open and touch the wall behind the wall in the bedroom. Demitris was curious, was something wrong? Did he need to fix something? Did she get lost in the mansion? Somehow, he wasn't doubting the latter.

Kailey continued to stand there, about a foot or so from the large doors that opened into her loves bedroom. Had the door not been so think she may have heard the slight ruffle she had caused in the mans room, the rustling of pages as he marked his page and the slight shuffling of feet as he made his way over to the door. Though Kailey wasn't surprised by the wait in silence as she had seen his room before. It was, like every other room in this house very large and as such unless he was indeed right near the door when you knocked you would be standing there for a bit. Even though Demitris had already seen her in the worst of states Kailey still took this time to put her power to a bit of use for him, if just for her own little bout of confidence. She had just been making her look a little less dull than it did after a long days practice despite multiple washings when the door swung open, had the hinges been installed to turn the other way it would have knocked Kailey to the ground.

Almost as soon as it did Kailey was rendered speechless. Sure it wasn't exactly a new sight to her. Demitris had a certain fondness for wandering about the house without a shirt on but still the sight of his bare upper body could have this woman reduced to the twittering nervous fifteen year old girl she was when the two first met. She didn't know if she would ever really get over that but honestly part of her didn't want to. But it only lasted a second as she quickly got her wits about her and answered his inquiry, he thought she had came in here because something needed to be fixed? He should know by now that anything that needed to be fixed and he wasn't around she'd just do it herself, though there was the odd thing she couldn't do no matter how hard she tried. "No, nothings wrong Demitris." she started, assuring him nothing needed to be attended to. "Not really tired, Where we haven't gotten to see each other much this week I guess I just wanted to spend some time with you before the big game tomorrow." she told him, the team was playing a match against the Quiberon Quafflepunchers in France tomorrow and it would be her first time with a game that wasn't at the Thundelarras pitch."Oh I haven't disturbed anything have I?" she asked

By now, Demitris was used to the whole metamorphmagus thing. She didn't look like she had been practicing at all, and Demitris admired her for her confidence. He knew that she would be an excellent quidditch player, and from what he heard from Dietrich, she was grand anyway. Demitris was reassured that nothing was wrong, but he couldn't help but wonder, then what was she not in bed? She had a big game tomorrow, she should be resting up. "I guess we haven't seen each other in a while because of practice and such. I would prefer you to go to bed so you won't stay up all night to play the game in France." Traveling always wore him down, and the fact that he was going to go to France as well was saying a lot. Not only was his fiancée and her sister playing against the Quiberon Quafflepunchers but so was his best friend. Demitris needed some time away from his mansion anyway. All day, he was writing, and working with the publishers. It was about time he took a small vacation for himself. A small part of him had been worried over Jaken. Ever since that one man, that Hades character, came by and practically threatened him unless he revealed where Jaken was, and when Demitris did, well, the Hades man went into a pleasant manner and thanked him. Even gave him advice on how to keep Kailey in his life and well out of trouble. But ever since then, he had not heard from Jaken. Demitris couldn't help but be worried.

"You haven't disturbed anything, Kailey. I was just reading. I could do that anytime. Would you like to, well, come in?" Demitris flashed a smile at her, his voice full of light jest. It was like inviting Kailey into his house, when it was just a bedroom. He had a desk and an armchair in his bedroom, would she prefer to sit in one of them? Demitris motioned for her to follow him, but he also climbed back into his bed, put his legs under the covers and he sat back against the pillows. The silence of the house reassured him that there was nothing to worry about. However, Demitris hoped that Kailey wouldn't have to tempt him into sin before marriage. Demitris was solid against doing things like that until he was ready for a family. All of his Durmstrang friends were like that. Svetlana was now married and with a child, but she had the latter first. Hayden had a baby now as well. Dietrich had five kids and was in a steady relationship with another guy. Jaken was married and had two kids. One was on the way of course. Demitris was the only one who respected his woman enough to wait until both were prepared for children, and for marriage. "I will be in the front of the stadium, cheering you on, I hope you know." Demitris smiled gently at Kailey, hoping she wasn't nervous.

Kailey listened to her fiance and was willing to admit he had a fair point. Tomorrow probably would be quite rough on her, but part of her was willing to admit she was still in the mind frame of 'Well that's later' like most teenagers were. Hell, most adults if one were to really think about it. Plus the bonus of living in New Zealand is that time differences usually worked in her favor. All of this running through her head and what with her already being down here she thought for a second before saying, "Well, I probably should... But at the same time what's 2PM there is... Wait a second." she paused, having not exactly thought that whole statement through. Within seconds her face flatlined as she realized just exactly what the time difference was. "Oh shoot me." she finished, smacking a palm to her face in embarrassment, her face going cherry red as she did so. "Well it would seem if I did the math right I've already screwed myself over big time. So what would a bit more hurt?" she added, trying to get in a good laugh at herself. "It's official, Time Zones suck." she muttered lightheartedly, It wasn't like Demitris hadn't seen this side of her before. Oh how she put her former house to shame at times. Natural scatterbrained tendencies added into the exhaustion from her very taxing career made her relate to her twin so much more than while they were in school.

Demitris' answer to her question brought a small smile to her face, reading of course. He had the same passion for books and knowledge she did even if their strong suits were in different areas, this always helped them grow and learn more together in the common pursuit of knowledge. The man standing in front of her was kind, intelligent, respectful, patient, and willing to put up with her flaws. While nobody is truly perfect; in Kailey's mind Demitris was about as close as it got and she thanked whatever higher being controlled her life that she got to spend the rest of it with him. Giving a small nod as he asked if she'd like to come in she followed him into the spacious bedroom. Sure she had been in here but just like everything else within this house the her size and openness of the room amazed her. She had grown up rather used to small crowded spaces whether it be the Hogwarts dorms or her home that was filled with eight children with one salary coming in, either way Kailey didn't know if she'd ever get used to the place. When he settled himself into the bed Kailey looked to the nearest chair for a moment but found herself too lazy to move it over near the bed. So she instead settled herself at the foot of the bed, her legs crossed indian style, turned to where she was faced towards him. Upon hearing his next words she gave him a warm smile before admitting "I am so nervous about tomorrow Not only is tomorrow my first game off of home turf, It's my first against a former classmate." Xavier snow was on the famous french team and Kailey knew if she lost she'd never head the end of it.

Demitris raised an eyebrow, and he couldn't do the math in his head. He just face palmed instead. "Think about time zones makes me want to just roll over and forget about time. Be sure to dress in cool clothing though. It's summer over there I think." Demitris couldn't recall at all. He had been living in New Zealand for so long, he had forgotten. He barely goes to Russia anymore since he sold that mansion there because Jaken and Estrella moved to New Zealand. Demitris couldn't think of anything to cheer her up and he instead said, "It's okay. Everyone mistakes time zones. Even Dietrich still. So, no worries." Demitris watched his love come and sit on the foot of his bed. He restrained from yawning a bit. He was tired, having been on a tight schedule, and he considered this time at night late. But he would stay awake for his perfect love in front of him. No matter what.

"You don't need to be nervous baby, you will do marvelous. Dietrich had told me your skills...after going on how he wished he had a butt like yours but...anyways, after I hit him, he said that your skills were..." Demitris thought for a moment, before mimicking Dietrich's 'imaginary rainbow drawing in the air' as he said, "fabulous." Demitris chuckled at just how much of a fool he was acting right now. "Oh, who is the former classmate, if I dare ask? And remember, you have Trista there to back you up." Demitris just hoped that she wouldn't allow her nervousness to get in the way. That would end in disaster. Demitris had seen it happen to his best friend. He knew what it was like after all. Demitris wasn't a Quidditch player, but he wasn't an idiot, and knew that you weren't supposed to substitute a bludger for the quaffle. Demitris remembered just how messy that was. He wasn't going to bring up that memory to Kailey though, in case of freaking her out.

Sorry, couldn't think of anything else to put. XD

Kailey couldn't help but giggle a bit as Demitris too seemed to trying to figure the timezones, though after a few moments of thought something changed in his eyes; emerald pools always swimming in deep thought, as he gave up on it and was soon in a similar face palm type pose. Who had picked up the habit from who neither of them knew but to an outsider it would be a funny sight to see as they had an odd knack for doing it at the same time when trying to figure out a problem lest it be around the house, how to spell a word, any little thing that just couldn't come to mind to either of the pair caused their faces and their palms to become very good friends rather quickly. "I know how that feels but with a career like mine there's no avoiding them." she responded, a bit sad to know that that was indeed a fact. But for her dream career it was most definitely worth it.

Kailey noticed her fiance stifle a yawn and wondered if maybe she should let him rest. While she was used to burning the midnight oil quite regularly Demitris had a tendency to be the early to bed early to rise type of person, something Kailey was pretty sure she would never be. However what drowsiness was in his eyes was erased as he began to talk about the game and how she shouldn't let her nerves get the best of her. She snickered when he mentioned how Dietrich wished he had a butt like hers, yep... That definitely sounded like him. But her snickers soon turned into full blown laughter as he made the rainbow in the air and said fabulous. One of the most un-Demitrislike words in the English language. She fell onto her side in a fit of laughter at that. After she had calmed down a bit she decided instead of sitting herself back up, she simply laid herself out and snuggled up against him in an innocent gesture of closeness. "Xavier Snow, didn't know him that well but damn he'd never let me live it down if I lost." she answered.

"I know honey." Demitris chuckled. He had Dietrich tell him all about Quidditch. It sucked from what he heard. Well, if someone loved Quidditch enough to have a full time job in it, then he would have to say to go for it. He was never against Quidditch. But he was all for seeing Kailey in her uniform, by Merlin, he loved seeing a girl in a uniform. Yet, he was too respectable to really hit on her like a normal teenager. Demitris would not let her normally share a bed with him. It was just too much temptation for him. It would be best if she had her own room. His own room was so plain and simple, he couldn't dare share it. Well, he would when he is married, but that wasn't going to happen for a while. Not until he and Kailey were ready. When Kailey burst into laughter at his impression of Dietrich. After she calmed down, she snuggled up next to him, and though it was innocent, it still made Demitris a bit tense. He wrapped his arm around her though, to lessen the tension he just had. Cuddling right before bed? Was Kailey being a tease? "You'll beat him in a game, I am sure. I won't let Xavier say anything bad to you. And if he did, he would get a punch in the teeth."

Kailey smiled as she felt Demitris slip his arm around her, encompassing her in a small but very nice blanket of body heat. She tilted her head over just slightly, using his chest as a head rest. Oh she could definitely get used to this, and when they set a date for the wedding it would seem like so much sooner till she did sleep in here every night. Though the quietness of Demitris' personal space was a bit unsettling. The room was so unlike Kaileys just down the hall. Large, open, and all that could be heard was the ticking of the regal looking clock that hung on the far wall. While Kaileys' was; while almost as large, was cluttered and chaotic, buzzing with activity nearly Twenty Four hours of the day. Whether it was one of her multiple cats pouncing on her out of seemingly nowhere, One of her several practice snitches flying around for the cats entertainment, or just some other small disturbance. Demitris had asked her how she got any peace with all of that chaos and the answer was simple, she was used to it.

"Well, in my profession that last thing on my mind is the time on the pitch." she admitted lightheartedly. Her eyes were all the time on the quaffle and she kept an eye out for any bludgers being hit her way. The job was demanding but Kailey loved the adrenaline rush it gave her to be out on the pitch, especially when the team won. "Wish quidditch at the school last year hadn't been canceled. Then I'd know what he played like." Kailey muttered, more to herself than anything else. "I don't think you'd need to go quite that far." Kailey added lightheartedly "We didn't talk much but he doesn't seem to mean anything by his teasing. Though there was one girl he bugged the living crap out of. Had to break the pair up more than once as head girl." she told him, rolling her eyes a bit as she remembered how stressful the privilege of getting Head Girl could be.

Demitris sometimes wondered if Kailey would mind not having so many chaotic things for the master bedroom, his bedroom, when they are married. He did not like that much activity going in his room. They were lucky enough to have the magical radio turned on but that was about it. “I hear that, but I think that you will do that too.” Demitris didn’t know who this Xavier Snow boy was but if he needed, he would gladly unleash some of his own violence that he had locked away since his fifth year upon the boy if he tried anything on Kailey but he took her word for it. “Well, he better not tease you.” Demitris intoned with a soft sigh. The cuddling warmth was far more comfortable that he bargained for. Little did he know, he drifted off into a dreamless sleep.

The next morning…

Sunlight flowed into the window, as the morning sun rose, and dawn was upon the couple. It was about eight in the morning, and Demitris was not the type to sleep in at all. When his green eyes fluttered open, they were staring at a head of brunette hair that could change at any moment given in time. Not that he minded at all though. However, he found that this…was in his bed, and Demitris didn’t realize that he had shared a bed with his fiancée. They didn’t…? Demitris raised one of the covers, and he sighed in relief to see that they both were fully clothed. They did not break the vow of celibacy. Demitris was still a little nervous though. They shared a bed, which was something he didn’t really like to do. Demitris shrugged and he got out of bed. He went to take a warm, morning shower. Maybe once he arrived out of the shower – good thing he closed his bathroom door though – Kailey would be awake. He somehow doubted it though. Maybe the shower will calm his nerves down. Boy, that was something to wake up to!

Kailey knew that getting used to the married life would be a long, though enjoyable process. She had still yet to address what was in her opinion a very important issue, where her cats would stay at night once they actually tied the knot. It may sound very odd to the average person but she had had these cats since she was Thirteen years old and they were as much a part of her as anything else was. If Demitris wouldn't mind Kailey was already getting a bit of a map out in her head of maybe a play room for them where they could also nap at their leisure. Lord knows this house had enough room and he would also appreciate how it kept them from messing up anything in the rest of the house even if they were generally well behaved. It was in this train of thought that she realized Demitris had fallen asleep. Kailey contemplated going back to her room for a moment then quickly snapped herself out of it. Very gingerly the burrowed under the comforters and snuggled up next to him, his body heat lulling her into drowsiness while she fell asleep with a soft smile of satisfaction on her face.

The next morning...

Sunlight flowed into the window, as the morning sun rose, and the light of a new day splashed it's life down upon the pair. Unlike Demitris, Kailey really liked to sleep in, though luckily not as much as her sister. But still in her books eight in the morning was far too early for her. Her eyes popped open only for a moment as Demitris got out of the bed and headed off towards the attached bathroom. Now alone in a room that was far too bright Kailey let out a sleepy hiss and groaned to herself, "The sun needs to go back to bed!" before slamming her eyes shut, trying to ignore the beads of sun piercing through her eyelids. Too lazy to hunt down her wand, and unsure if she had even brought it with her Kailey decided to use her power to an advantage and be lazy for a change. As soon as she had the thought her hair was shooting out of her skull at a rapid rate, growing thick and curly as well as going raven black. It would have hit around her ankles had she been standing and she quickly gathered it all up right in front of her eyes, making sure she could still breathe before falling asleep once more in her blanket of hair.

Demitris got dressed in a white shirt and jeans, and put on a pair of socks and shoes, before he stepped out of the bathroom. With a wave of his wand, the bathroom was cleaned up, and the steam had cleared. Demitris was an early bird, but when he looked at the bed to see Kailey, all he saw was a massive amount of black hair around where her head should be. Demitris muttered, “What the hell?” Then he remembered, she had that ability of hers. He shook his head and he walked over and tapped her on the shoulder. “Honey, you might want to get up and get ready. It is ten over in France right now. At night. You might want to stay up so you can nap and all before the big game.” Demitris chuckled and he walked from his bedroom, and soon he was downstairs, doing things the muggle way and making some decaf coffee. Soon, the pot was ready, and Demitris was ready to get his day started. He was sure that the game would start sometime at noon or something, but he wasn’t too sure. But he did know that Dietrich would already be in France right now.

Kailey didn't get to sleep in her cave of hair for long though because in what seemed like seconds she felt a hand on her shoulder and heard Demitris gently trying to wake her up. She let out a small groan but in her mind she knew that he was right and she begrudgingly got up with thoughts of throwing a pillow at his chuckling form as he retreated out of the room. Quickly swiping her massive nest of hair out of her face as quickly as possible she went went down the hall into her own room with it's bathroom and after righting her hair in front of the large vanity before getting in a nice warm shower for herself. Soon enough she was downstairs in a casual outfit and a small sports bag charmed to fit much more than it was supposed to at her side. She sat the bag down as she trekked barefoot into the kitchen, "Good morning love." she greeted him with a smile as she looked at Demitris' pot of coffee, but quickly decided against that. Coffee was disgusting in her opinion and knowing him that was probably decaf anyways. She instead got out the makings of a citrus and blueberry smoothie and tossed them in the blender, chuckling a bit as she remembered Demitris' first escapade with the aforementioned muggle appliance, oh that had been quite fun... though messy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back