Closed Late For Breakfast

"That is amazing!" Anna almost wheezed, she was always ready to hear, see or do something new. "There is no problem with that! There coolest thing is that you can play so whenever you want you can learn new songs!" Anna was there to support if needed that. "So next question,is there something in school that you can't wait for? Yule ball, lessons, new friends, Quidditch games or something else?" she called few when she remembered that he didn't know about lessons so how he would know about events at school?

Marc thought she was right, he could learn new songs to play. He smiled at that, happy to know that he wasn't restricted by religion in this school.
"Well..." Marc hummed, tapping his hands on his lap, "The lessons would be nice, I don't know what a Yuleball is, and I might just stand by during Quidditch games." Some friends would be nice, he added in his thoughts, but he knew it would be hard to gain and keep them.

And Anna loved to see him smiling, she loved when people smiled at her saying.

"Yuleball is kinda just a ball, you know, dances, music, snacks and all that stuff." she giggled a little bit, she was kinda excited about getting chance to alert potential dance partner that after dance with her he won't be able to walk or dance with someone else. "I'm sure you will love Quidditch! There are seven players. Three chasers - they need to catch quaffle, it's just a ball with weird name, and need to throw it in another team's goalsets, there are ten points per one hit. Keeper's mission is to catch quaffle if someone is trying to throw them in goalsets, they are kinda goalset guardians. Then there are two beaters as their name says they beat balls but not quaffle another two balls named bludgers. Bludgers are crazy balls that have their own magic and are just flying everywhere and tried to get witch or wizard off the broomstick, beaters need to protect players from their team and need to hit bludgers away with their bat, it's like baseball bat. I think it's the best position ever but the last one is seeker. His mission is to catch Golden Snitch, amazing, little ball with wings. If he catches snitch game ends and if Snitch was catched, for example, by Ravenclaw's seeker then Ravenclaw team will get one hundred and fifty points. And the most fun thing about game is that it is on broomsticks. Doesn't it sound like a real fun?" She almost forgot about her breakfast.

"I've never been to a ball before," Marc said, grimacing at the thought of having to socialize with the whole school at once. "I've never danced either, so it would be... embarrassing.." He sheepishly rubbed the back of his neck. He then listened to Anna explain what Quidditch was and smiled at her enthusiasm.
"It does," Marc agreed, "But I'd rather watch than play. Are you going to try-out one day?" He asked, having an inkling of what her answer might be. But one should never be too sure, he thought.

"I've never been too but I think it will be amazing." Anna giggled again when he said that he had never danced. "I think that for people that is good in music dances won't be that hard but I'm just a leg killer when it comes to dances. I won't skip any chance to step on foot and I think it's more embarrassing than fact that you can't dance. You at least know that you can try and you have big chances to be good at it."she giggled again, she was just not dancer.

"Yes, it can be dangerous. Yes, for sure I will go to try-outs! But not this year because this year I want to understand what type of teachers we will have and I want to find friends and just all that type stuff. And, of course, Heta Omega! I really want to get in Heta Omega! Oh yes, it's sorority like just a group of girls. In school there is also Brotherhood of Magic, it's sorority too. But yes, on our second year I will go to try-outs for sure!" She was just jumping around all possible themes.

Marc smiled and shook as Anna said she wasn't a good dancer and he that he might have a chance at being better. He hoped he didn't have to learn and could skip the whole ball, but if he wasn't allowed then... He'd have to deal with it.
"Sorority..." Marc tilted his head, he didn't know what that meant, but he was too afraid to ask. He'd already asked her too many questions, he thought. It was nice to see her so excited for the school year; He was too, but everything was so new and strange. "I hope you get in, both sorority and the team." He said politely.

Anna smiled and when Marc shook his head Anna nodded her head, because she was sure that he would become better dancer then she. But she would come ball only for snacks and fun.

"Yes, it's like a group of girls that call themselves as sisters and everytime there is new girls in they give them big sisters that will help, train and just something like that. It's like that in sorority for girls but I think boys have all of these things only they call each other brothers not sisters. It's also place where you can get new friends." She understood that she need to explain when he repeated word sorority and she didn't really explain that before. "Thank you! I hope you will join somewhere too, oh, there is also Wild Patch, they grow flowers and help to care for plants and the school grounds. If you want to join them I can go with you if you want!" she offered because she wasn't allowed to join Brotherhood and in Quidditch they just would be in different teams. "And there is also duelling clubs but first years can only learn spells but they can't duel."

Marc nodded his head, understanding what she told him. He wasn't familiar with those, and especially not clubs. When she told him about one of the clubs that do gardening, he grimaced. It not like he hated plants, but planting them meant he had to get dirty; He hated getting dirty.
"It's alright, I might not join any clubs," Marc said, "I've never joined one and I don't think I want to for now." He flinched away a bit from Anna, expecting some shouting and disappointment that he wouldn't do it. His parents always forced him to youth groups and to 'make friends', but he was always excluded.

Anna smiled at him and when he said that he won't join any of clubs her face just turned a little sad but then she smiled again. "That's okay, you will have a lot of free time, that's cool too! But you know you can always try something new." She supported him and she wasn't going to make him go somewhere he doesn't want to go. "Have you looked at our books? Is there any spell you are sure you are going to use often?"she tried to ask something easier, something he had probably seen before.

"Mn, I've tried, but I didn't understand anything..." Marc said, embarrassed that he couldn't get what his books were teaching. "I know what the spells mean but I just don't.. get it, you know?" He was afraid that Anna wouldn't understand and make fun of him, since she was obviously more knowledgeable about everything. "How about you?" He asked.

Anna smiled at him and her face just told that understand, at least she thought that she understand but what can she understand if she has never been in such a situation? For her magic was something common she grew up being surrounded by magic, she knew that she will go to wizarding school before she even started to crawl, magic was part of her since she born but she tried to understand, she wanted to understand. "Yes, yes, of course!" she nodded her head about understanding, she was pretty sure she understood. "I found exciting spell expeliarmus or alohomora. Expeliarmus are pretty cool spell, it makes wand almost jump out of hands, it disarms other witch or wizard. Alohomora will be perfect spell for some kind of jokes because it opens locked door." she hoped she explained it normaly.

"If a door is locked in the first place, why would you try to unlock it?" Marc asked, "What if people locked it for a good reason? Like they need time to themselves or the room was off-limits?" If somebody tried to open his door, he would feel violated. His privacy wasn't respected and his secrets would come out unwillingly. He didn't like that.

"Well, I wouldn't do that on my school friends, I would do that only on my relatives because we just know everything about each other and we are joking on each other since we were born." Anna tried to name that sound normal, because she didn't know how to explain this. She has been used to joke on her family since she was little, that was just a common thing, something she has always lived with. "You know, we are that kind of family that doesn't really have a secrets from each other and we love fun so it's pretty normal for us to joke." she smiled at him guilty, she forgot that not everyone loves jokes.

"It must be nice," Marc said quietly, "To have such a family..." He frowned a bit, feeling sad thinking about his own... family. He knew that he wasn't the only one experiencing this kind of situation. All he had to do was reach out; However, he was still so scared. He shook his head to get rid of whatever he was thinking. You're taking this year to get rid of them, not to think of them all the time, he thought to himself.
"You don't have to explain, I know what a normal family is like." Marc tried his best to smile, knowing she doesn't know anything.

"You mean family that are always joking on each other? I found it perfect." Anna smiled at widely, she didn't even expect that in Marc's family everything is different, she was just sure they were another type of family, she thought they are musical family.

"There is a lot of types of family, I just forgot that not everyone loves that type of jokes where we should enter their own space." Anna shruged and then smiled back, she actually forgot about food.

"There are lots of types, it's just that there are good ones and bad ones," Marc said as he finished his food. He gave his clean plate to one of the elves, thanking them for the good food. "I'm happy that you have a good family." He smiled, albeit sadly. Of course, he's angry that he doesn't have a good family, but it's still a family. He should be grateful to have one no matter how awful it is.

"That's right,” Anne nodded in agreement and smiled in her almost empty plate. “Your family is cool too! Music! Not everyone can do that,” she giggled cheerfully, she could only dream of music. While her sister was dancing, Anne could sway with the music, and anyway in the wrong rhythm. “Maybe you can tell more about yourself?” She showed an open interest, she liked to know young people.

OOCOut of Character:
I'm so sorry! I didn't see your post til now

Users who are viewing this thread

Back