Blood Status
Muggleborn
Relationship Status
Too Young to Care
Sexual Orientation
Confused Bisexual
Wand
Straight 14 1/2 Inch Flexible Acacia Wand with Unicorn Hair Core
Marc was panicking. He woke up late, his sleeping was still bad from jetlag which made him sleep later than he wanted. He hurriedly put on his clothes and rushed out of the common room. Breathing heavily, he ran towards the Great Hall, only to find it close to empty; The students who were still there were just engaged in conversation. He whimpered, eyes filled with tears, before dejectedly dragging himself to the kitchen.
"Stupid Marc..." He said to himself, "The professors are going to scold you for not being there on time." He wished he had his phone with him, then at least he had an alarm to rely on. But it wouldn't work, as he was told. "You're going to be scolded, then punished, and you'll never come back here.."
Marc entered the kitchen, walking through the elves that were working there. He asked with a shaky voice, but politely, if he could have breakfast. Surprisingly, the elves gave him some, telling him that it was normal for students to miss breakfast. Though it didn't make him feel any better. He cried silently as he chewed on his food, not wanting to disturb anybody with his pathetic noises.

Anna woke up later too and she was that sleepy that didn't even notice that, she did everything slowly while rubbing her eyes to make herself don't fall asleep. She fed her fairy and only then finally started to understand what's even going on. Late to breakfast? Whatever, she just started her way to the Great Hall but before she even got there, she met her twin sister that told her that breakfast is already over and Anna changed her way to kitchen. And because of stairs Anna woke up fully, energy was back not only to her but her stomach to, they both needed food.

When she went in, she already was perfectly awake so she just friendly asked elves to get breakfast and, of course, she got it and then saw a boy. "Hi, I'm Anna. Were you late to breakfast too?" And only then she saw tears. "Oh Lord, what happened?" Anna felt guilty about not seeing that before.

Marc jumped from his seat, bowing his head down to hide the tear stains on his cheeks. He rubbed furiously at his cheeks and gathered himself. He looked up to see a pretty girl, probably around his age, and blushed. He cleared his throat and nodded.

"Yeah, I'm alright," Marc said with a weak voice, "Just, uhm, allergies." He shyly glanced away, playing with his food, then stopping and scolding himself. You should never play with food, the voice of his father booming in his head. "I'm Marc," He introduced himself, looking at her from the corner of his eyes. He was embarrassed; He couldn't believe he cried at such a public place.

"Okay," Anna happily smiled and then just looked back at food, and then again back at Marc. "I hope your allergies are not that bad and I hope you don't mind if I have breakfast with you." She didn't like to stay alone, that was problem with being human that loves people. "It's nice to meet ya, Marc!" She pushed her hand forward to make this introduction formal and then giggled, she meant it as a joke. "Let me guess, you are first year too? In which tower are you?" He didn't look like an elf or school worker so she just stick with thing that he is student and he looked like he is her age so she made her guess to know if she is right or not.

Marc thanked the Lord that she fell for his fib, and nodded his head, scooting a bit to the side so that she could sit next to him. He shook her hand, feeling a bit awkward about it since it wasn't a common thing to do in the Philippines.

"Yes, I am," Marc replied, "I'm in Hufflepuff. You are too right? A first-year I mean..." He shyly added. He wasn't great at conversations, having locked up in his house for most of his life except when he was out for church. But even then, nobody really wanted to talk to him.

And Anna sat, she got surprised that he actually shook her hand because she didn't think that he could do that but anyway she looked that happy as it's even possible.

"Yes, but I'm in Gryffindor." She nodded her head. "This school is so amazing, I waited for my eleven years since my birth! Of course, til seven years I thought that I will learn in Ilvermony but anyway this school rocks! Doesn't it?" She just talked while trying to at least eat something in these little breaks. "Where you thought you will be? I was sure I will be in Hufflepuff." And actually Elisa was in Hufflepuff, Anna in Gryffindor, Zach and Nick in Ravenclaw, at least two of them got in same tower.

Marc listened as Anna talked to him, tilting his head, confused when she said something about Ilvermony. "Mm, It is. It's very different." He said, too shy to talk more about it. He was more comfortable with letting her talk. "I don't know.. I don't know the houses too well." He looked at his food, wondering if it was okay if he kept eating. However, he was taught that it was rude, so he held back on spooning his food into his mouth.

ooc: he shook her hand because it was rude not to HAHAH

Anna smiled at his answer. "Yes, but muggle schools are pretty boring if we try to compare them to this school. There are so many amazing things like elves, ghosts, Quidditch after all. And I heard that there are even room that changes places all the time and inside there always are everything you need. Isn't it wonderful?" In muggle schools everything was just same everyday and everyday it got just more boring. "Oh.." she understood that Marc is muggleborn. "Okay, anyway, do you like Hufflepuff? Everything there is yellow, yes? In our common room and dorms everything is just so much in red! Which lesson you can't wait for?" she just wanted to talk while eating.

"I wouldn't know about muggle schools either," Marc said sheepishly, "I'm homeschooled." He explained briefly. He did agree though; Hogwarts was definitely better than sitting in his room learning about similar triangles. It did weird him out at first when he saw out-of-world creatures like the elves around them, but it was so interesting. "I still have to educate myself about this world." He let a tiny smile bloom on his face.

"The common room is really yellow,"
Marc confirmed, "Though it's very woody." His house was very warm and comfortable, which he was tremendously grateful. He didn't know what he would've done is it was the opposite of what it was now, but at least he would never know.
"I don't know much about the classes, but maybe charms? I heard it was easy..."

"Wait, you are not joking?" Anna asked with widened eyes. "That is so cool! I mean, I know a lot about muggle and wizarding schools but being homeschooled sounds so fun! Like you have free schedule and so much free time, but anyway how fun it can be without classmates? I can't imagine being homeschooled but anyway that sounds amazing! Also, do you have any siblings that could be like your classmates?" She just spilled out all her thoughts about everything. "I can help you with that if you want!" Anna offered and then eat again.

"Woah, I would love to see your common room." Anna gasped and then giggled. "I heard they are interesting too, not only easy! I think potions will be interesting too and herbology. Herbology is like biology about plants." She quickly added.

Marc shook his head, "My homeschool... is not like others." He put it that way, not really wanting to think about his parents... "I don't have siblings." He stated, quite sad too. He remembered his conversation with his housemate about how if he had siblings, he might've grown up differently. It was kind of concerning how fast the words were tumbling out of Anna's mouth, but he was skilled in listening; It's a good thing she wasn't too loud. "I'd love your help if it wouldn't bother you too much.."

"Biology?"
Marc asked, "I like biology, but it had too many terms for me to memorize..." He shuddered just thinking about it.
"Potions... Like cauldrons and stuff?"

"If you want to talk about it I will be glad to listen." Cause that doesn't sound like a happy story. "And would you like to have one?" Because Anna loved hers so much that she can't even think about herself as the only kid. "No, of course, no! I'd love to help And be by your side if you need me!" She loved to help everyone.

"I hope there won't be that much terms. And yes, potions are all that stuff. But I don't really want transfigurations it's like changing things into something different. Like a quill into a spoon and I think it may be really hard." She made face like she is feeling bad about transfigurations and then giggled again.

"Maybe another time," Marc said, politely declining her offer. He wasn't ready to open up to someone he just met. He pondered over her question, "I think, if I had one, things would be different." He settled for that answer. He smiled brightly at Anna, feeling a bit strange for somebody willing to teach waste their time on him.

"Transfiguration... So like when a priest turns the bread and wine into Jesus' body and blood?" He wondered out loud, thinking it would be a bit sacrilegious for him to learn that. His parents certainly won't approve of this, he thought.

"As you wish!" Anna smiled at him, she was always ready to help, to listen or just to be a shoulder on which someone can lean on. "You know I can give one of mines. I have brother and twin sister." She smiled again, she was always ready to share with everything that she has and others don't.

"No, after spells they actually turns into something another and we will never turn something into somebody's blood or body. Like you have an apple and after spell it turns into pineapple and you can actually eat pineapple that was apple." she tried to explain, she didn't know how hard it is for muggleborns to understand it all, she was borned with that but they didn't.

Marc shook his head, "It's alright, I think it's a little too late for that." He appreciated the kindness Anna was giving him, but it did throw him off guard. Maybe she's just acting friendly, he thought sadly. He hoped that wasn't the case, but it was possible.

"I'm not sure if I get the idea," Marc said, a bit confused, "I hope i get it soon though.." He can't fail any of his classes. He absolutely can not.

"If you think so," Anna giggled at him. She thought that is never to late to get something or to change something.

"You will for sure. But I think you didn't get it because muggles can not do it so in their world it's something unreal but you will understand when you will see it." Anna nodded her head while smiling at Marc.

Marc nodded, understanding what she said. "That makes sense," He said as ate. He didn't know what else to talk about, feeling a bit awkward. He looked at Anna at the side of his eye; He liked her. She was nice and understanding. But he didn't know if she wanted to be his friend. Who wants to be friends with a quiet person like me? he thought to himself.

Anna smiled at that and then something just came in her mind. "Hey, what are your hobbies? Or maybe there is something you like to do but that isn't your hobby?" cause maybe they had something common? That would be perfect to spend time together, she wanted to know him better, she wanted to become his friend.

"Hobbies..." Marc thought about what he liked to do, "Well, I like writing and playing my guitar." He said shyly, lowering his head a bit to hide his blush. "W-what about you?" He asked, gathering all his courage just to say it.

"Oh Gosh, you can play guitar? It's so amazing, I have always wanted to try but dad didn't let me, just said that music is not for me."Annabeth looked at Marc with surprise, she didn't expect that any of first years here will play any music instrument. "What exactly you are writing? Anyway, I think that is cool too, that means you are crative? Amazing," she thought that if people actually got some hobbies or things they liked to do it was enough to be amazing! "So I'm not that musical person and I'm more into sports so I play soccer," she smiled and then ate again.

"Well, I can only play a few songs," Marc said, feeling really flustered, "I usually write stories... But, no I'm not creative at all!" He denied, waving his hands frantically as if to wave her praise away. He wasn't used to getting those kind of comments, so he didn't know how to act.

"It's much more impressive that you play sports," Marc said seriously, "You get all those muscles and stuff..." He trailed off, realizing he doesn't know much about sports at all.

"Anyway, that is so amazing! How did you learn that?" Anna found it as the best, that is even possible! "Stories? So you can play guitar and write stories, and you are saying you are not creative? Well, you are right, you're not creative, you are extra creative!" She smiled at him, she always said what she thought.

"I guess then everything, someone can do, is impressive." Anna looked at him while waiting that he will agree, she was sure that she said that right. "But still I found creative persons as one of the bests, they do it by theirselves and they are so talanted, while sportists are doing they are used to do, they are just training everything same to know what to do."

"My father taught me how," Marc answered as quickly as he could, "Well, I wouldn't say extra creative-" He flustered, wiggling in his seat as the quick onslaught of praise was said to him. Him. He could hardly believe it.
"I guess you're right..." Marc trailed off, thinking about it, but stopping himself before he had any high hopes. "Athletes are creative too! They, uhm, figure out what techniques work best for them and whatnot." He tried his best to get the praise away from him; God knows he can't deal with it, he thought bitterly.

"Oh, so you are musical family? Even better!" Because in Anna's family only who can do something with music was Elisa, everyone else was more in sports, mostly Quidditch and soccer. "I would say that, can you some day show me how you play guitar? Or You don't have guitar with you?"

Anna smiled when he said that she was right. "Well, they are learning these techniques, they just need to know when which one will be the best."

"You could say that," Marc said, but really- his family just forced it on him. "I did bring my guitar with me, so I could play for you... I only know a few songs though." He grimaced, thinking about the glory songs he had played religiously during mass and orayer meetings. He was starting to feel a bit more comfortable with Anna, though no too much. I still have to keep my guard up, he thought to himself.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back