Late Apology contd.,

Abbey shook her head delicately and said, "No, it's fine." She smiled at him and then lied as easily as she could, "I just have a bruise there, I feel off of my bed last night, I'm a bit of a klutz." She made her cheeks flush a deep pink as she said that she fell off of her bed, to make it seem like she was telling the truth.

Brandon lowered his arms and shook his head again.
"Man I do that all the time, seriously. My dad ended up getting me this futon on thing for the floor as I spent so much more time on it than in my actual bed. It was more my head that kept getting bruised though, never my ribs. You must have landed badly on something. Did you got to the hospital wing, just incase? They've got wicked stuff that would have it healed in no time at all".

Abbey smiled at Brandon, a little relieved that he had bought it then said, "I had my text books beside my bed so I could study, I guess I landed on it funny." She rolled her eyes at herself, trying to play off this thing even more, finding that she was getting better at lying and acting ever since September when she had pretended to be Shailene Woodley, it had worked well for her, but now that she was being called Abbey Lurken once more she was a little scared that someone from Godric's Hollow would find her.

Brandon pretended to step away from her for a moment in mock horror.
"You study? And worse than that you study in bed?" he attempted to look even more horrified by the idea, even though he himself loved pouring over his books and assignments.
"Silly place to leave them but you should cart yourself off to the hospital wing and get it looked at. Do you want to head up there now? I've got nothing else major on at the moment so I could bring you".

Abbey giggled into her hand and said, "Well.. exams are coming up, and I want to make my parents proud of me." She shrugged her shoulders at her own words then her eyes danced with subtle fear of going to the wing again, then said quickly, "Oh no, no, it's fine, I uhm.. don't like Hospitals." She smirked and said playfully, "You do so have something major going on now, you're with me, that's like a gift in itself." She laughed once more, she couldn't even pretend to be that conceited, it was so silly to even try.

Brandon couldn't help but laugh along with her, he bowed exaggeratedly.
"Why madame you are so correct, I am majorly occupied with my new mate" he winked at her, "Know just what you mean though".
He straightened up and resumed walking again.
"I hate blasted hospitals, especially the muggle variety. They get it wrong more times than they get the remedy right. Bunch of quakes the most of them, haven't been to the hospital wing here yet funnily enough. Which is sort of strange, my parents expected to be inundated with parchments filled with lists of the bones I had broken and the cuts and gashes I would have acquired by now but I've been keeping myself out of trouble".

Abbey curtsied playfully after Brandon bowed then asked curiously, "If your parents are wizards why do they take you to a muggle hospital?" She pressed her eye brows together not exactly understanding, she may have been raised as a muggle but she was still a pureblood and she still knew much about magic. She smiled at Brandon and said, "You really should be more careful mate, don't want to hear about you dying or something."

"Ah yes both my parents are wizards but my grandmother on my mom's side is a muggle" he glanced at her quickly wondering if she would hold it against him for not being a pureblood. A good few of the other Slytherins seemed to be that way inclined and he really hoped that Abbey wasn't one of them.
"When I was younger my parents would send me to stay with her for the summer months, I used to climb trees and go fishing and get up to all sorts of mayhem. so needless to say there were many accidents. Like the time I got a fish hook caught in the side of my mouth, still have a little scar but it only looks like a tiny silver line now" he smiled as he pointed which side it was on, though in the light from the dungeon and his wand not much of it would be visible.
"She always brought me to the muggle hospitals or the butchers as I started calling them when I was eight. That's what they reminded me of anyhow".

Abbey cringed when Brandon said that he got a fish hook caught in his mouth, she could only imagine how painful that could be, especially when you're treated by muggles. "Ouch," she whispered to herself. She giggled slightly when Brandon said that he used to call hospitals, butchers, She smiled brightly at him and said, "Well I guess I have to teach you how to do bad things with out getting injured or getting caught." She smirked to herself but it broke into a gentle smile.

Brandon found himself laughing heartily now, she would 'teach' him 'bad things'. That was both funny and touching in his eyes. He looked over at her and felt another surge of overprotectiveness engulf him. This must be what it felt like when you had a sibling.
"If you can do that then sure, I'm all up for lessons" he grinned realising that in the time they had walked and talked they had gone around the dungeon full circle and were practically outside the entrance once more to the Slytherin House. Unbelievable but perhaps it was time to head back inside anyhow. She must surely have other friends that she would want to spend time with. The thought didn't please him any but he seriously couldn't think of her without a ton of friends at her side.

Abbey blushed when Brandon laughed at her words, even though it didn't seem like he was laughing at her, but broke into a smile when he looked over at her, and spoke, she said, "That was only a joke Brando, I mean you either have it, or you don't," her voice had a sing song tone to it, then she smiled at him and said, "So.. what are you doing later?" Abbey couldn't help but hope that he was free, she wanted to spend more time with him, he seemed like someone she could get along with well.

Brandon liked the way she shortened his name, he remembered a girl back home doing the same thing and his mates laughing at him for it, teasing him like mad but here there was no one to tease him and if they did, he could always hit them with a jinx or something.
"I have no plans, usually I'm just kicking back up in the dorm or down at the Brotherhood. Why what are you up to? Nothing good I'd imagine" he grinned at her.

Abbey smiled brightly at Brandon and said, "Nothing really, you want to do something?" She smiled sheepishly as she waited for his response, she really didn't have any ideas but she just didn't want to do anything by herself or with the other girls. "I might go meet up will one of my other friends to, I'm sure you'd get along," she said with a warm smile.

Brandon smiled at her.
"Well if you don't mind me tagging along. There's only so much of hanging about in the boys dorm that's good for your health". He said the password to the portrait and waited for it to open for them.
"Speaking of which I better head back up and sort out some stuff if we're going to be hanging out later. Anywhere imparticular that you'd like me to meet up with you at?" he stepped through the hole and turned to face her waiting for her to do the same.

Abbey smiled at Brandon and said, "I hang out with boys more then girls really." She shrugged her shoulder and walked into the common room with Brandon then smiled and asked quietly, "How about Obsidian?" She smiled at Brandon. I'll write Willow in a little, to see if she wants to go hang out, or maybe Blake, she thought to herself, wondering who would get along best with Brandon. She didn't want to invite Emme because she had a feeling that he would get a crush on her and Emme was like Abbey's little sister, it would be odd.

"Obsidian? Are you planning on going late afternoon then?" he frowned at himself, if she was planning on going later than that again she really would be teaching him how to get into all sorts of trouble. He smiled a little, not minding it so much really.
"Will I meet you there or here in the common room?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back