Last Minute Valentine's Coupons

Aurora Night

OOC First Name
Kathy
Sexual Orientation
Personalities
Wand
Wild 10 3/4 Inch Reasonably Supple Ebony Wand with Dragon Heartstring Core
Rory felt kind of bad that she hadn't sent any roses this year. She'd thought about doing it at one point, but had gotten all twisted and turned around by the fact that if she was going to send roses to all her friends... she'd have to send one to Aodhan. Which she didn't have a problem with herself, it would have been a friendship rose like everyone else's - but she wondered if Hayley, Harley and Rose would see it that way. For some reason the other girls all thought she liked him, and after their slightly strange agreement to attend the Yule Ball together, Rory didn't want to add any fuel to that fire. So no roses had been sent out.

A decision she regretted now, as in her hasty decision she hadn't accounted for the fact that she was likely to receive roses. Her friends were important to her - all of them, even the ones she didn't spend as much time with - and having being inspired by Rose's idea, Rory knew what she was going to do to make sure they knew they were all appreciated. The messages would be a day late, seeing as she was going to use the owls to deliver them, but that was okay. Almost every person on the list slept in the dormitory with her, so this way Hayley wouldn't be left out with a separate delivery, and she wouldn't have to give Aodhan his one in person. Minimising anything that could be seen as mushy crush stuff was a win in Rory's opinion. She spent an extraordinarly long time setting up each of the letters for the next morning's owl post, but Rory finally left the Owlery convinced that her next adventure would be raiding the school garden for her own roses to send anyway. Writing each of those messages had convinced her to never make such a stupid decision again.
THIS COUPON ENTITLES YOU TO: Me as your back up for everything

So your idea of a non-rose Valentines gift was a lot cooler than mine, but you're way more creative than me so its okay. Also, you know I'd help you with anything anyway, but like, if you need someone to carry all your wool stuff next time you decide to give them away, or if you want me to help you get over your fear of heights, or if you need help with an essay or something I can find someone to help you. Stuff like that. You're such a great friend that you deserve it.

Happy (day after) Valentine's day, you're a better rose than all the roses I could send you.

Rory
THIS COUPON ENTITLES YOU TO: AN AWESOME NIGHT ADVENTURE OF YOUR CHOICE (ha, see what I did there)

So I'm dumb and I didn't send any roses BUT INSTEAD you get a super awesome coupon as physical proof of how awesome a friend you are. The message in the rose you sent me today was great and I'm going to frame it. We can hang it on the wall next to Devildette! Anyway, you're one of the coolest people at this school and you better never forget it. Or I'll just tell you again. And again. And again.

Happy late Valentine friendship day!

Rory
THIS COUPON ENTITLES YOU TO: A Slytherin get-away (any way you have of ever escaping there, I'm in)

I didn't send any roses this year which is like doubly bad cause yours was perfect - although was the apple meant to be pretty? Ha, I couldn't tell. But all the drawings you did were really cool and it's kind of too bad that you don't have one yourself, so I decided to draw you a picture as well.

[Included is a picture of two people with large smiles, although their features, actions and the setting the people are placed within is largely unable to be interpreted.]

I know it sucks, I'll let you laugh at me free of charge. I'm not an artist, okay? It's us, I suppose I should tell you, although you probably worked that out already. Anyway, I'm glad we're friends now, and I feel bad I didn't send you a proper rose to say so. So you get an awesome coupon as a reminder of our awesome friendship.

Happy late Valentines Day!

Rory
THIS COUPON ENTITLES YOU TO: My help with anything you need ever, no questions asked.

I mean, I'd do that anyway, but I kind of still owe you for food you've shared, and getting all that slime in your hair last year, and yeah. Anything you need. Pie? See, I'm not sure, so that's what the coupons for.
Anyway, thanks for the rose you sent, it was really cool. I didn't send any cause I was doing these instead - although if you would have preferred a rose I could get one from the gardens if you want, just let me know. You're an awesome friend Corrine, thanks for all the fun times so far and I'm looking forward to more!

Hope you had an awesome Valentine's Day even though this is late!

Rory
THIS COUPON ENTITLES YOU TO: Any food of your choosing from me

Hey Andi! I didn't send roses this year, but instead I'm giving all my friends a coupon in appreciation of their awesomeness. Congrats, youre awesome. We always seem to be finding each other down in the kitchens so I thought food was a good choice for you. Although let me know if it's not, we can work something else out.

Happy Valentines even though it's late, your (also awesome) friend,

Rory
THIS COUPON ENTITLES YOU TO: ONE free hit every time I mention centaurs. And how they're coming to get you.

See, you get to use this already. I didn't send roses this year, cause flowers, gross right? Just these awesome coupons for awesome people. Use it wisely.

Rory

P.S. I coloured the paper yellow for friendship. Just so you know.
THIS COUPON ENTITLES YOU TO: Any adventure your heart desires!

Hey Vi! I think we're both sick of seeing roses by now so instead you get a coupon! (It's more exciting than it looks I promise). Basically, this is to remind you that if you ever need someone to get in trouble with, you can totally ask me. Also I forgive you for waking me up with your delivery yesterday if you forgive me for trying to attack you (sorry, but next time use a broom or something).

Happy non-romantic Valentines Day, it totally is a thing!

Rory
THIS COUPON ENTITLES YOU TO: A makeover of me Anything you want!

Hey Sofia! I'm sending out coupons to my friends instead of roses this year (and you probably would have liked a rose actually now that I think about it, but this was all kind of last minute so I can definitely get you one from the gardens as well as the coupon if you want).
Anyway, my point is, anything you like, I'll try and get it for you. I'm not really sure what you'd like, but you know what you'd like so just let me know!

Happy Valentine's day a day late, I hope yours was fun!

Rory

Rose's own plans for Valentine's day were at a slight delay, as it was taking her more time to prepare than she had expected. The day itself she had been too busy with the roses, and now she still had to finish it. She was planning to do so today, but breakfast was important too. She was just happily eating some cereal when a letter dropped in front of her. She blinked in confusion, as she hadn't expected anything today. Her parents had written her only yesterday.

As she picked it up, she noticed the familiar handwriting on the envelope. Why was Rory writing her? She opened it, and as soon as she read it a grin spread over her face. It was so like Rory to do something different like this, but in a completely fun way. She ignored the bit about getting over her fear, as she didn't think that was possible nor that Rory would be the person to help her with it, but the rest was really sweet. She folded it and got up, her cereal forgotten. She had to go find Rory and give her a big hug.

Valentines was fine, but all the yelling did get a little obnoxious. Ignoring some girl running up and down their table yelling out names, Harley picked at her breakfast, hoping the end result of this day wouldn't be a headache. She was deliberately trying to avoid paying attention to anything going on around her when a letter plopped in front of her. Surprised to see her name on the front, Harley picked it up. That wasn't her parents or Jason's handwriting, what was going on?

Opening the envelope, Harley broke into a wide grin as soon as she saw what it was and who it was from. Rory was too awesome. Folding the note up and pocketing it, Harley made a mental note to thank Rory later, and began contemplating what sort of adventures they could get up to.

Corrine had been expecting the note from her parents. She'd kept up with writing to them, finding their written word somehow more enjoyable than being in their presence. Her parents were nice enough, but she didn't always think they understood her need for adventure and perpetual boredom in the home. In writing, however, they actually listened to her. It was delightful.

Corrine hadn't been expecting a second owl to land in front of her, and she murmured to it "You lost?" before seeing her name on the envelope at its foot. Opening it eagerly, Corrine read through its contents, a smile growing on her face. When she finished, she tucked it into her bag for safekeeping. Aurora had given her a great gift, one she knew she'd cash in one day.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back