OOC First Name
Emzies
Blood Status
Half Blood
Relationship Status
Single
Wand
Ebony Wand 12 1/2" Essence of Griffin Feather
Daintree hadn’t really expected to move on that quickly, but things had just lined up that way. Emily was someone he had known but not well and not for a while. It helped that she had left and was a ravenclaw meaning that she was unlikely to run into Jenna or anyone who would know her. He was happy to go with her and this would be nice. He didn’t think this would last overly long, he didn’t see himself really asking her out or it being a long term relationship but for the moment this would be just fine. He smiled as he finished getting his suit on and then headed to the dance. He was getting her at the dance itself and was keen to just get this night underway. He reached the hall, spotting her easily, he took a moment to smooth down his suit and then went over to her, ”Hey Emily,” he greeted her, ”You look beautiful,” he complimented.

Emily had been surprised that Daintree had asked her to the dance, but she hadn't really bothered with these before. After going through several different dresses and deciding she didn't like any of them, she chose a more sensible outfit instead. She was a little worried that Daintree wouldn't like it, it was hardly conventional, but she thought she looked okay. She smiled as he appeared, blushing a bit as he complimented her. "Thanks," she smiled, glancing down and tucking her hair behind her ear. "You look pretty handsome, yourself," she returned, looking back up at him. "Shall we?" She asked, holding out her hand.

Daintree gave a little smile. "If I'd known you'd wear a suit, I would've tried to match a little better," he told her with a little smile. He took her hand and began leading her into the hall. His expression stayed light and friendly. "Do you want to dance, or shall we get drinks?" he couldn't help but glance around at the different people and almost see if he could spot Jenna in amongst the rest, but only for a moment before he turned his attention back to Emily.

Emily laughed lightly, following him easily. "Everyone wears dresses to these. I like to be unique," she replied with a smile. "I still think you look dashing," she offered with a slightly shy smile. When he asked what she wanted to do, her answer was simple. "Dance, definitely. I should take advantage of being with a cute boy while I can," she teased, giving him a playful wink.

Daintree gave a little nod, he'd never been the one to go for unique, but he just nodded, if she wanted to do that, then he'd be happy for her. "Thank you," he gave a little smile and then was quite surprised by her forwardness. He gave a little smile, "Let's," he took her hand and led her out to the dancefloor, keen to get dancing. He was glad he'd gotten better at dancing over the years and was able to just quite easily start dancing.

Emily smiled, following him and letting him lead. She wasn't really into dancing, but she was good at it, at least in settings like this. She danced with him, enjoying herself. This was actually pretty fun. After a few songs, the beat changed, slowing down, and she turned to Daintree, smiling easily. "Are you alright with slow dancing or would you like to get something to snack on?" She asked, okay with either.

Daintree was happy to dance with her,it was a good amount amount of dancing, easy to keep up with and the songs slowed down slightly and she seemed to pull away. He smiled at her and just nodded lightly, "I'm happy to slow dance with you," he told her, "Unless you'd like a drink?" he wouldn't force her to dance if she just wanted to get a drink.

Emily laughed lightly. "I can dance, if you can lead," she smiled, holding out her hand again. This was turning out to be interesting, Daintree was cute and fun. She waited until he'd made his decision before speaking. "So, why did you ask me to be your date?"

Daintree placed his hands where they were supposed to be on her and smiled. "I'm a good leader when it comes to dancing," he said with a charming smile. At the question he frowned a little and then quickly recovered, "Why wouldn't I want to dance with a beautiful girl?" He asked with a wide and charming smile.

Emily laughed a bit, putting her hands in the proper positions and following his lead. "I suppose that's a fair argument," she smiled, "I have to admit I was a little surprised you approached me. I had the silliest crush on you when we were kids, you know. Before I transferred." She admitted, shaking her head. "But, we grow. I almost didn't recognize you," she laughed lightly. "I don't know if I would have been able to talk to you properly then, I was so wrapped up in my books my social skills were really rather lacking."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back