last flight

Pungahn Naihanchi

Pungahn carried her firebolt onto the field and mounted. she was sad to be leaving Hogwarts, but happy t be going back home just the same. she wondered if anyone else was going to take a last flight before they left.

Caysi came on to the field with her firebolt and mounted and took of to see Pungahn before her train came. " Hey Pungahn."

Pungahn smiled. "hello, again. you are a chaser, right?"

"tep." she flew up higher and hovered.

Caysi smiled and said " Do you want to play with the quaffle a bit? Or do you just want to fly around or do you want to do something else?".

Pungahn reached into her pocket, reveling a small Zippered bag. "i baught a snitch when i got my Quidditch gear. want to chase it?"

Pungahn smiled. "actually, i haven't either. the only time i did was in tryouts." she balanced on her broom with her legs and unzipped the pouch releasing the Snitch. she kept her eyes on where it went as she replaced the pouch.

Caysi was clueless she had no idea where the snitch was she called to Pungahn " I don't know where it is im confused."

Pungahn speed after the snitch, following it as it went up and turned left and dove down.she never took her eyes off it as it circled back, heading in Caysi's direction.

Pungahn thought she heard something that Caysi said, but she was going to fast to here. the snitch dived and Pungahn stayed right on its tail. she reached out and grabbed it just as she pulled up to avoid the ground. she flew back over to Caysi, snitch still in hand.

Caysi clapped and said " Good job Pungahn!!". " I couldn't do that if my life depended on it".

Pungahn laughed at the comment. "try this." she said, holding out the snitch in front of her. "keep your eyes on it and forget about everything else." she held it steady as its wings beat at the air in vain.

Caysi watched it as it flew around her, she tried to grab it but when she didn't get a hold of it , it made her angry. Caysi flew behind it , it was going near Pungahn so she flew to the side trying not to hit her. Caysi thought 'This is so hard'. Caysi tried to grasp the snitch but she just couldn't get it so she took a break.After her little brake she chased it, she put out her hand trying to go faster, she got the snitch and almost fell off her broom. Caysi looked at Pungahn and said " Wow that was a chase of my life."

Pungahn smiled. "i guess that some things come naturally to some and not to others. i can't through the quaffle very well either." she watched the tiny wings still beating as Caysi held the snitch.

Caysi gave back the snitch to Pungahn and asked " Hey do you want to come over some time during the summer?"

"i'm sorry, Caysi, but i have to stay home to help my mother. she needs as much help as she can get on her farm. but i promise the second i get back i will meet you here again." she took hold of the snitch and placed it back in the pouch so it wouldn't fly off.

"of course! any time! my mother loves to have guests over. it gets boring when it is just us."

"deal! "she said and flew down to the field to dismount. she looked at her watch to see she had an hour left. "well, i better grab my stuff and get to the train."

She smiled and waved. "see you this summer then, hopefully."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back