OOC First Name
Daphne
Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Single
Sexual Orientation
Straight
Nadine felt like she could get used to the nice summer weather during the Christmas holiday on this trip. So far, she had only really thought of New Zealand as the country she played against in Quidditch at the end of the year, but now that she was here on holiday, she had to admit there was a lot to like about it. Te Anau was beautiful, and she was happy her parents had decided to go on holiday here during her break from Beauxbatons. Dressing in shorts in December was slightly strange to Nadine, but she was getting used to it quickly. They were staying near the lake, and today Nadine had decided to go exploring a bit. Kicking off her shoes, Nadine stepped into the water and watched her toes wiggle in the clear water. Then she closed her eyes for a moment and enjoyed the sun. This really was a nice spot.

William had never thought it would be so, but it was actually a relief to be back at home for a while. It was a relief to see Seb and the Fletchers again, to be back in a place where he actually had friends, and felt like he knew what he was doing. William had waited and waited to feel settled in at Hogwarts, like he belonged, and that day had never come. At home, at least, he knew what he was doing, knew that he belonged, even if it was... all alone.

One advantage of being home alone now was that the older he got, the more his parents trusted him. William was enjoying the freedom, and had decided to go off on a hike on his own for the day. A light pack on his back, William headed off for the lake, thinking a swim would be perfect on such a warm day. By the time he reached the lake William was sweating a bit, and felt ready for the cool water. He had worn board shorts instead of trousers, so all he had to do was pull his shirt off and throw himself into the water with a splash. That was the plan anyway, but William only got as far as removing his shirt before realising he wasn't alone, blushing slightly at the sight of the pretty girl standing in the lake. "...Hey." William commented, trying to sound casual. Her face wasn't familiar at all, something that didn't surprise William. He was used to tourists in the area. Dropping his shirt onto his abandoned pack, William stretched, trying to be casual. "I don't know you, you here on holiday?"

Nadine turned her head as she heard someone approach and noticed that it was a boy around her own age. He didn't seem to have noticed her, and seemed to be going for a swim. She was just turning to look away again as he took off his shirt, when he noticed her. She laughed a little, hoping that he didn't think this was too awkward. "Hi." She said in return. "I am. I don't know you either," she joked. "Do you live around here?" She guessed he wasn't on holiday himself, or he wouldn't have asked her in that way. She walked a bit closer to him, her feet splashing in the water. "Are you going for a swim?"

William didn't make a habit out of making conversation with tourists, finding that once they realised how much he knew about the area, a lot of them started to see him as a convenient, free tour guide. He felt good today, though, and William wasn't gonna be pessimistic for once. He nodded in response to her question, making his way over to the lake's edge. "Yeah, my family lives just outside the town I come here to swim in summer sometimes." He gave her a smile he hoped came across as charming, rather than uncomfortable. "I'm William."

Nadine thought it was pretty cool to meet a local boy, as she was sure he knew a lot about this place. She grinned at him, her hands in her pockets. "That's cool! It must be awesome to live somewhere like this." She told him as she looked around at the beautiful lake. "And you get Christmas in this beautiful weather! That's so cool." She returned her gaze to him and smiled. "I'm Nadine. I'm from France." She told him.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back