Knock Knock

Alexia Mason

Alexia ran up the steps, she looked at the numbers on the door. 'This is it.' She thought and knocked looking around her she bounced up and down. It was at least :cry:00am and she was freezing for some reason. She looked back to the door Kari needed to hurry. She had know clue if she was being tailed or not. It was her own fault for making that drug dealer mad but she just could not do what he wanted her to. She couldn't do drugs and she couldn't be with him. Her brother had chosen the perfect time to flee Germany and now she ended up here in New Zealand knocking on an a old friends door. She sighed "I'm doomed." And thats when she heard steps approaching the door.

Kari awoke from his slumber. In the night some how he had managed to knock the covers off the bed and end up in a ball at the foot of it. He lifted up and discovered that he was drenched in sweat. He sighed, trying to remember what had woke him. Then he heard another knock. He hoped of the bed and stumbled into some shorts, his green dragon tattoo glimmering in the dim light of Kala's night light. He looked over sadly at the empty bed and then rushed to the door.

His house was just as messy as ever, especially with out Kala to remind him to clean up. He opened the hardwood door. Their stood someone from his past, someone he hadn't seen since the funeral of his father and his wife. Alexis. Her hair was a darker brown than he remembered, but her eyes were still that strange shade of gold. He cleared his throat. His accent showed through brightly with his sleepiness. "Um, you wanna come in?"

Alexia looked at Kari as he opened the door wearing only a pair of shorts his amazing dragon tatoo showing in the dim moonlight. She was surprised when he invited her right in. "Yeah." She smiled. He hadn't changed much, except maybe his hair was a bit shorter than usual. He still was the nonchalant kind-hearted austrailian that had been one of her best friends.

She looked inside at the small apartment. It was a mess and she didn't see Kala. It was dark but she could still see it was only three rooms. She hoped he would let her stay at least for a little while. The couch would be fine. She had only a small gym bag full of idems with her. She hadn't wanted to take much.

Kari shook his hair, it was platinum blond but he had let his natural color come back and then chopped off the bleached hair. Sarah had said she liked it better this way. He sighed, he hadn't seen her in a while and was starting to miss her. Opening the frig he took out a jug of milk and sniffed, making sure it wasn't spoiled. He poured a glass, then shoved the mild back in the frig. He shoved a few papers, mostly bills, aside and sat at the bar style counter top.

He motioned to the chair beside him, then looked up at the clock. ':cry:04 am. Bit of a wake up call huh Kari?' He thought to himself. The he smiled. It was good to see her again. He spoke in a light playful tone. "So what brings you to my neck of the desert mate?"

Alexia smiled and walked inside sliding out of her sandals as she came in. She knew that he would be understanding with her the way he was with Alexander. She watched as he shoved some papres off the counter and motioned for her to sit. She sat down and crossed her legs. She smiled as he talked not wanting him to think she was in as much trouble as she was.

She waited for him to finish to speak. "Well, my boss and I had a little disagreement. And I knew you were staying here..." She smirked, "Plus I got sn offfer to merge with a local buisness here." She looked at him with her stuning yellow eyes, that glistened in the light.

Kari nodded, knowing she wasn't giving the full truth. She almost never did, especially when she was with him. She shrugged his shoulders, indicating he didn't need to hear more. He didn't mind having her around, at least she didn't steal from him like some of the people he had taken in in the past. He smirked, happy his stomach wasn't giving him any trouble, he remembered that she had never handled his attacks well. "So, Lexi. You need a place to stay? You can have Kala's bed, promise I don't snore."

Alexia smiled that he didn't ask any questions, he never did. She knew that she couldn't stay long, she was to proud for that but it wouldn't be hard to get an apartment once she had a steady income. Alexia promised herself not to let this go by without Kari getting something in return. She felt a smirk cross her face as he used her nickname. "That would be great." She had the urge to hug him but resisted, she didn't even know if he had anyone special. "As long as no one else would be upset if I did." She implied.

Kari shrugged. He had known Lexi since before his dad had married her cousin. She was practically family to him. He had no doubt that Kala would mind 'Aunt' Lexi sleeping in her bed and he was sure Sarah would be understanding. She always was. Kari could feel himself smile as he thought about Sarah. She was so wonderful to him. He looked back at Lexi, and nodded. "Don't you worry hun. I do have a girlfriend, but she is very nice. She will understand. Besides, I don't think Sarah is the jealous type."

Lexi smiled as he said he had found someone. She radiated happiness. She squeaked with excitement "Ohhhh. Who is she, who is she. Spill all!" She was practically falling out of her stool while she spoke. She couldn't remember the last time Kari had had a lasting relationship. She grinned from ear to ear. She was so anxious to hear what he had to tell about this new girl Sarah she could barley stand it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back