OOC First Name
Donna
Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Single
Wand
Knotted 9 1/2 Inch Sturdy Ash Wand with Hippogriff Feather Core
The Third Year Gryffindor trudged along the Great Lawn, making her way to the Gryffindor Common Room. It had been a long and rigorous quidditch practice, but seeing as she hadn't played that well in the previous game, Falon was willing to put in the extra hard work and exercise to get better. She hated letting Jean and the rest of her team down, so she felt proud of herself, as she walked sweaty and dirty, across the field, knowing she had done her best job. Her breathing had slowed considerably, and Falon enjoyed the fresh air whipping across her face, cooling her down. She tugged down at her quidditch shirt, really looking forward to having a shower and putting on clean clothes. Falon often didn't mind getting dirty or muddy, but once the task or training was over, she didn't like sitting in the dirty clothes.
Falon hitched her bag up, continuing to hum the tune that was in her head, tapping her legs as she walked to the beat. Drumming was something that she hadn't done in a long time, but she never stopped tapping when she could, she loved a fast beat and a double kick, but learning to be a witch and playing quidditch had taken priority over playing. Maybe it was something that she'd get back into once she left school, but that was still a long time away. A familiar blonde head caught Falon's eyes and she slowed her walking as she recognized him. The Gryffindor girl approached the boy, though remembering to not give him a hug, lest he freak out over all the germs. "Hi Cairo!" She greeted the boy, though finding herself standing awkwardly, unsure what to do with her hands.

Cairo rarely ventured outside unless it was with Rome or when the rest of the castle was too unbearably loud for him to read and he simply had no other choice but to leave. That day was no different but fortunately for Cairo's mood he wasn't leaving the castle due to the latter that afternoon. Instead he was going to meet with Rome somewhere near the rosebush. He wasn't sure why his twin wanted to meet with him so secretly, and why it couldn't have been done in the common room or anywhere else for that matter. It was curious indeed but he didn't bother to question it as he made his way through the castle and along the grounds.

Eventually he was stopped by Falon Urie, easily one of the last people he wanted to run into when he had an agenda and a place to be but regardless of that he stood still when she called his name and then nodded in her direction. "Falon." He said in greeting, looking her up and down as she approached him and noted her dirty, sweaty appearance and her quidditch robes. Every Gryffindor Cairo met was dirty in one way or another so if Cairo didn't know any better it would have been normal to see Falon so disheveled. But of course she was in quidditch robes instead of her school robes so he concluded that she must have been practicing. He folded his arms across his chest as he asked "How are you?" as he was unsure of what else he could say or do in that moment when his mind was focused on where he was supposed to meet his sister.

The tune was still kicking it's way through Falon's head, but she kept her hands still, not on purpose, but out of sheer awkwardness. The Gryffindor thought he was a cool guy, and perhaps it was that that made her feel anxious, or perhaps it was because she was filthy. Still, Falon smiled when he asked how she was. "I'm good. I'm tired, but good. How are you?" She asked, gesturing towards him. Falon hadn't seen him around much, but she supposed it was because she was incredibly busy. She hardly saw her twin much, because they were in different houses. Falon only really saw people who were in her house, which did unfortunately mean her older brother as well, who was always wanting to try out his new tricks on her. So it wasn't a surprise that the two hardly ran into each other, especially when Falon was always practicing Quidditch or doing something outside and dirty. Which she couldn't help but feel bad about. "I'm sorry that I'm so - dirty in your company. I mean, it's nice to see you, but would you prefer I go and clean up?" Falon asked.

Cairo continued to stand almost defensively with his arms crossed over his torso as he was unsure of how else he was supposed to act around Falon. They weren't friends and were hardly acquaintances yet there she was, talking to him like they'd been friends for years. It perplexed him as much as it bothered him. He still had a place to be and didn't want to let his sister down by being late to their meeting. "I'm distracted right now." Cairo answered, too honestly than what he would have liked but if it meant she would let him see his sister sooner he was happy to do so. His gaze moved from Falon's face to the scenery behind her as he made a mental plan of how he could get to the rosebush quickly enough when their annoying bout of small talk was done and dusted. As Falon continued talking, Cairo looked back to her, confused, and forgetting why her dirtiness was supposed to be a big deal. It didn't surprise him at all that she wasn't clean as none of the sprightly Gryffindors he knew of were ever clean. Why Falon began to apologize made no sense to the Slytherin and he did not hesitate to show it. "What?" He asked, somewhat demanding an answer to her excuses for being covered in dirt and why such excuses were relevant. Cairo evidently did not remember the first time they met and the lie he told her that led up to that moment.

Falon nodded her head when Cario said he was distracted. This didn't seem like the best time for her to try and catch up with him, or get to know him more. She was the exact thing he hated right now, dirty and full of germs, and with him being so distracted, he probably had better things on his mind of what he wanted to do. Falon made to leave when he asked about what she had said. Falon thought she had been clear, and she was confused as to why he was confused. "I'm - your germ phobia - you said, the first time we met, and now I'm here all... germy." Falon managed to reply in her confusion. She'd based her entire opinion on the boy around the fact he was a germaphobe and she thought it would have been obvious what she was talking about.

Falon's words reminded Cairo of the time they met. He told her he was a germaphobe as an excuse for his rude, selfish behavior because she interrupted him when he wanted to be left alone and he had forgotten about it until that moment. Cairo shook his head, frowning at himself for forgetting his lie as his gaze moved from the distance behind Falon to the ground. After a moment of thinking, forming a plan in his head to rectify the situation and to keep his lie going, he looked up. "I- I'm sorry, Falon." He began, intentionally keeping his voice hushed, hesitant as if he were suddenly vulnerable. "I'm trying to distract myself from the dirt. If I look at you I'm worried I'll have a panic attack." As the words left his mouth he sighed, attempting to seem relaxed by the admission though what actually made him feel relaxed was realizing that this could mean his small talk with Falon could end and he would be able to meet up with Rome even sooner. If she already offered to clean up he couldn't see a reason for her not to offer again and leave him be like he wanted.

Falon's heart dropped at his next comment. Her confusion disappeared, and her guilt returned ten fold, she should have excused herself as soon as she saw him. Falon would have to make an effort to make herself more presentable when he was around, perhaps even Owl him to meet up when she was spotless just to show she wasn't a messy girl all of the time - just, most of the time. The brunette shook her head, "No - no, you don't have to apologize at all. I'm sorry." Falon meant it, and took a step away, and went to walk a big circle around him. "I'll leave you be - I'll - I'm sorry." Falon repeated again, more than she had ever done before, walking away from the poor boy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back