Kiss Me Tonight

Rune Kingston

Wand
Oak 14" Essence of Dragon Heartstring
Today was honestly the big day for Rune Kingston. Well, it was the biggest day of his life, besides finding out that his parents were actually a nice couple called the Kingstons although the biggest part of that was just finding out where he really came from, but there was the downside of finding out that they were dead. However he did find out that he had a living sister! Her name was Ivy but he did not know where she could be found at, and really needed some help with that. But who could help him when he did not know anyone with those skills? However besides that, he was going to ask Effie Snow a very important question. He was going to ask her to marry him. They had been dating for years now, so why not? He was truly in love with her, and she knew it, and she loved him in return. He wanted them to be a family with little Bridgette. Perhaps she would want to be named Mrs. Effie Kingston. It had a nice name to it. But he was not really willing to change his own considering that his bloodline would be the only Kingstons left. His brothers were dead, and his sister would probably marry. So he was the only one destined to keep it alive. Maybe Effie would see it in his own eyes like that. He just hoped that she would say yes even. He had told her about his name change and his true family members. Perhaps she would understand that he was going through a lot, while at the same time, he was very happy about his little discovery that only took him many years to figure out. However he was still as happy as one can be. Even his smile was giving away how he was feeling. He just hoped that he was not going to screw things up for Effie and himself. That would devastate him. He actually thought that he would not be able to live without her.

So he had something very romantic planned up for tonight. He had bought the ring, which was in a box, and he told Bridgette that she should bring it in the living room at precisely eight in the evening. That was ten minutes from now, and Effie had no idea. He was going to be so happy when she got the surprise. Rune was going to be very sweet about it too. He wished that he had thought of it before he had fixed them dinner and already ate. However he was currently pouring himself and Effie a glass of wine, which was very mild in alcohol. He thought that wine was really nice anyway. He was not aware of much when it came to wines, but this one tasted pretty good, and he was sure that Effie would love it too. Bridgette better just wait until it was time to present the box. Rune hoped that his daughter would be a good listener about that. He carried the two glasses of wine over to the couch where Effie was waiting, and he handed her one. He smiled at her and kissed her lightly on the lips before he took his own seat. "Effie, where do you see yourself in the next couple of years?" asked Rune with a smile on his face. It was a simple question, but he was going to do this in a very swift, yet romantic manner. Sure, he was using their daughter to present the box, but she was in on it too. He was just being ultra clever in what he was doing. And he was going to make her just melt. He was good at doing that. He hoped that his plans would not fail.

Effie was very content with her life right now. Her job was going smoothly, her daughter was happy and healthy, and Rune was as perfect as ever. There wasn’t single thing she would change about her life or herself right now, except maybe a ring on her finger. But Effie could wait for Rune to propose. It would be cruel to make him do something he wasn’t ready for. Effie was just happy being with him in general. He was so handsome and caring; it was hard to believe that he had chosen her of all people to fall in love with. Effie had always been the black sheep of her family. Things like friends and romance didn’t come easily to her. That was more Alphonse and Noah’s forte. They always had ladies after them. Hell, everyone in her family seemed to have people falling at their feet while Effie was awkwardly standing in the corner, hoping not to get noticed. "This is probably why people have a hard time believing that I’m a teacher. I’m so bad with people." Effie was better with kids than she was with adults though, so that aided significantly. Rune seemed to be one of the few adults she could open up with and not sound like a complete idiot while doing so. Though he still sometimes laughed at her for the way she behaved in social situations. He thought it was cute. Effie smiled to herself as she put the last bit of washed dishes away. If he thought her awkwardness was cute, she wouldn’t complain. It just meant that there was one less person she needed to worry about when it came to her being awkward. "Dishes are all done." Effie called out happily as she walked into the living room. Due to her teaching, it was rare for her to have a moment where she could help Rune around the house.

Effie sat down on the couch and noticed Rune also leaving the kitchen, but with two glasses of wine in his hand. "Ooh wine? What’s the occasion?" Effie asked, taking the glass he had offered to her. Then she received a soft kiss from him, which she gladly accepted. He was so sweet. Effie wondered if she was missing something. It wasn’t their anniversary, she knew that much. Maybe he just wanted to celebrate her being able to take a break and come home for a little bit. Effie had no idea, but she was willing to celebrate and enjoy the time she had left with her family. Rune asked Effie where she saw herself within the next couple of years. Effie bit her lip and looked down at her life. That was a pretty hard question actually. The future was so subjective, but she did know what she would like to see her future look like. "I see myself still teaching., and being with you and Bridgette of course. I could see myself maybe having another baby or two as well. Why do you ask?" Effie hoped he wasn’t worried that she saw her future with someone else. If Effie had to be honest, she worried that Rune would see himself being with someone else rather than her. He was too good of a guy to do something like that though. Effie could still do nothing but worry about it though. Effie took another sip of her wine and leaned over to kiss Rune softly. She was so happy to be here right now. However, she was beginning to wonder where Bridgette was at. Normally she was all over the place with questions or wanting Effie to play with her. But the house was completely quiet, and her hyperactive daughter was nowhere to be seen right now.

Rune was more than ready for propose but Bridgette was going to have to wait. Their little girl was turning six soon, and she understood things that were told to her, especially something like this. Just come back when the time was right, which was at a certain time. Rune could not wait to propose. When she asked what the occasion was for the wine, Rune gave her this mischievous look from his light, grey eyes. He knew that there was something for him tonight, one way or another. She was going to be happy. He would be honored to help her out though. Rune grinned and brought the glass of wine he poured for himself to his lips. He took a sip of it gingerly, and he stated, "Do I need an occasion to treat my baby girl? I do not think so. But I do have something planned tonight. But shhh." Rune was definitely ready to pop the question but he needed to get Bridgette out first. He would call Bridgette out if he decided that waiting was not working for him. He was getting a little antsy and one could very easily tell just by watching his movements in his hands. The movements in his hands were a little twitchy because of how excited he was at that one given moment. Could one blame him? He had never been married nor had he ever proposed before. He once had a girlfriend, but he had never thought of marrying her. He dreamed of marrying Effie for some time now, and he hoped that she had dreamed the same thing. Rune was so happy with Effie, and was positive that Bridgette would want her mom and dad to get married, have some more babies and become a really big family. Well, not too big because he knew that he would not be able to care for ten kids, but he wanted another baby or two.

The young man took Effie’s hand into his own when she spoke of herself still teaching, being with him and Bridgette. She wanted more children? With him? Rune grinned sheepishly and he said, "You want more children? Funny thing is, so do I. Though I kind of see your future a little differently." Rune paused to her sink that in. He did see her future differently, but he was positive that she was going to be surprised with what he was going to say. Rune held her hand softly some more, his fingers rubbing her soft skin. She was amazing, and she needed to know it. With a soft sigh, he set his now empty glass of wine down on the coffee table. Rune began, "Funny thing is, I see you teaching, being with Bridgette and me. But I see you married, being one amazing wife and mother to another baby or two." Rune waited for her to process what he had said, and he grinned even more. After all, she deserved to be off the market, for good. He would have a decent marriage with her, and he would have his princess and his queen with him, no matter the stakes. Rune would love to have Bridgette come out here now. He could not wait for another five minutes. He just could not! Rune turned his body to face the direction of her bedroom and he raised his voice gently, "Bridgette, be a flower and come in here with mommy’s present from daddy, if you please." Rune turned to look at Effie and he smiled even more. His excitement was on his face, clearly. There was only so much he could hide and he was not much for hiding anything from Effie. It was hard to keep anything from her, even something like this.

Bridgette still wasn't sure what was going on. All she knew was that her daddy wanted her to bring out a present for her mommy once he called for her. When he wasn't looking Bridgette did sneak a peak though. Inside was a very shiny ring. Why did he want to give her mommy a ring? Did she do something good? Whenever Bridgette did a chore right or picked up all of her toys, she was often given something nice like this. Sometimes she wasn't, but every once and awhile she did and that was pretty nice. Bridgette's tiny little fingers ran across the little box as Bridgette listened to her mom and dad talk, she had yet to hear her father call her in so she knew it wasn't time for her to go out there and surprise her mommy. Bridgette wished he would hurry though, she was getting tired and bored while waiting around. However, the sound of her name being called by her father brought Bridgette to her feet instantly. As quickly as she could she approached her parents, with the box in hand. As soon as she could reach she handed the box to her dad. "Here you go daddy! Hope you like your present mommy." Bridgette handed it over them wandered off so she could finally go and play instead of waiting around for her dad to call her out.

Effie looked down at her glass of wine and smiled. Although she was too shy to tell him, she loved it when he called her his baby girl. It was so cute. Rune must have put some thought into this night, he was always good to her. He always did nice things for her, so she did see why he asked why he would need an occasion to treat her. "Well....no. But you usually don't bring out the wine unless it's something really big. That's the only reason I asked." Effie admitted shyly as she took a tiny little sip of her drink. Hopefully Rune didn't think that Effie was unhappy with the things he did for her, it was just the wine that threw her off. Effie wasn't a big wine drinker to begin with, Rune didn't seem like one either but Effie tried not to pay attention to his little habits. Effie found that this was how she managed to be so in love with him. Effie took another sip and wondered if she should stop drinking now. Effie had been drunk only a handful of times. It wasn't what she would call a good time either, especially once the hangover part settled in. Effie was also scared that she might do something weird while drunk. What if she grossed Rune out or something. Effie smiled softly and set the glass of wine on the coffee table right next to the couch. Effie was very curious to see what this special something he had planned though. Effie wasn't usually the biggest fan of surprises, but whenever Rune did them they were always so sweet and thoughtful. Personally she wondered if he was going to ask her if they could have another baby, because that was on her mind quite a bit lately too.

Effie blinked, clearly surprised when Rune said that he saw her future a little bit differently. What in the world was he talking about? At least he did sort of agree to the fact that she might possibly have more children someday. What he didn't know was the fact that Effie had already planned for him to be the father of those cute little babies too. Bridgette was so adorable and so cute, imagine how cute their other babies would be if they had them! "Eh...what do you mean you see it happening differently?!" Effie blinked. Effie was already beginning to feel a little bit nervous, Rune didn't agree with something she wanted for her future. Rune wasn't the type to disagree with her when she wanted something. But then he explained to her that he could see her teaching, a mother of more children, but also married. Effie paused. She hadn't thought about marriage. "Oh well...I suppose I could see myself married too!" Effie smiled, thinking about how nice it might have been for them to maybe get married some day too. Effie was about to ask him what he decided to bring this up now, but then she heard him call Bridgette in with a present for Effie. A small smile graced her lips the moment her precious baby girl came into view. A small box was handed over to Rune and then Bridgette was off in a second. "You bought me a gift?" Effie didn't suspect it to be an engagement ring, especially since she and Rune had never talked about marriage before today. The box was also kind of similar looking to those that contained things like earrings and stuff too. Effie was just excited and endeared that Rune was sweet enough to get her something.

Rune decided that he was going to have to play it dangerous or something so she didn't ask anymore questions about what he was going to be doing tonight. He could not believe that he was going to say what he did. "Well maybe I wanted to get you drunk tonight so I can be amused?" That was very easy to tell that he was lying there. He then remembered what he had said and he took his palm to his head, and knew that he had better say something else. "That's not the truth, but wine is just needed for this occasion." He hoped that she would not ask anything else, since he felt like he was going to burst with what he was planning on doing tonight. It was hard for Rune to keep anything to himself. It was just that his daughter with Effie was growing up so fast, he did not want to wait another moment before he would marry Effie. She did not seem like the person that would say no. If she did, he would be crushed and he would not know what to do with his life, or their relationship. Well, he could always try it again, once she was ready. He was sure that Effie loved him, so why would she not? Rune knew that he was this gentleman, and he could probably have whatever woman he wanted, but he wanted the one that enchanted his heart since Hogwarts. Then he was in a rotten relationship, and now he was with the best of all, with an angel and a pretty...unique family. He did not know much about the Snow family, but he knew that some were good, and some not so much. He liked Seraphine, but he did not know any others. Still, Rune loved her family.

When Effie asked what he meant by him seeing things differently, he did not answer. Instead, he waited for Bridgette to come in and give him the box containing the engagement ring. She agreed that she did see herself married, and he nodded. He could not say anything cause he would spill his guts. He felt like he was going to throw up, but it was a good feeling at the same time. As soon as Bridgette came into the room carrying the box, Rune took it into his hands, and he hoped that she would tire herself out and go to bed. It was a little late for her to be up. Rune nodded and he explained, "It had taken me some time to save up for this, and it would be quite the gift, believe me. I hope you love it, and the thought does not send you running to the hills." Rune decided that he better propose now, and not chicken out. He really wanted to marry her, but would she want to get married soon? He would love to be married within the next few months, but only if she were ready for it. Rune took her hand into hers, and he looked deep within her different colored eyes, "Effie Snow, you have really enlightened my life. You brought sunshine into my constant overcast. You have blessed me with a daughter, and with your presence." He could go on, but if he did, they would be there all night. He opened the box to expose the engagement ring to her. It sparkled brilliantly in the light. It was definitely an engagement ring. Anyone with sight could see that. "So, I would be honored if you would let me be your husband." Rune cautiously waited for her to answer the biggest question of them all.

Effie stared between the box and Rune softly. She had some suspicions, but there was a lot of jewelry that could fit in that size of a box, so she waited for Rune to show her the present himself. "Oh Rune, don’t keep me in suspense like this! You know I’m awful with surprises!" Effie cooed, trying not to rush him in his gift giving process. Effie felt Rune take her tiny hands into his own and tried to resist the urge to start crying. Effie was really happy that she had the chance to reconnect with Rune, and get to know him on a personal level. If she hadn’t then she never would have had the chance to fall in love with him. Rune started by saying some truly sweet and romantic things, but Effie’s eyes were fixed on the little box he had. No matter what was inside, Effie would be happy that he thought of her. However, the thought of it possibly being an engagement ring made her feel really giddy and sweet inside. Then he said the statement that she had been hoping for. He had asked her to marry him! Effie released a high pitched squeal that she wasn’t even fully sure she was capable of doing until now. "Ahh! Sorry I forgot how to talk for a minute there. But oh gosh, yes!" Effie threw her arms around Rune, happily accepting his thoughtful proposal. Effie couldn’t believe it, she was going to be getting married to her sweetheart! After a minute of her showering Rune with kisses, she was able to have the ring placed onto her finger. It fit perfectly on her thin ring finger. The way it glittered in the light was just stunning. The future was still fairly unclear, but right now Effie was in absolute bliss.
Fin.​

Users who are viewing this thread

Back