Blood Status
Muggleborn
Relationship Status
Seeing Somebody
Sexual Orientation
Heterosexual
Wand
Knotted 9 1/2" Flexible Pine Wand with Meteorite Dust Core
Tholomyes had never celebrated halloween before, he had celebrated the French/Belgian equivalent of the holiday and in that time he never really half did it. He had always gotten the costume and then gone as far as possible with the costume which was why he was adorning an outfit fit for a king. He had a fake moustache on, and a fake large wig as well so that he had far longer brown hair. He was wearing a large hat made for the character he was supposed to be and he had a cane and the proper shoes. Theo had spared no expense towards what he had, his costume was just exactly what he had intended it to be and as the young Ravenclaw stared at himself in the mirror he couldn't help but think that his costume was just perfect. The boy then nodded to himself and then left the dorm room, heading down to the great hall.

The moment he stepped into the room, Theo felt like he had put far more effort into his costume than anyone else had. Theo stood proudly in his costume, tilting his hat as he got himself together and strode with all the purpose of a king into the great hall. He went to the table of drinks and poured himself a drink. He took small sips of it as he wandered around the hall, striding with all of his own purpose in the costume which was fit for a king, he was sure that most people wouldn't be able to state who he was, but he was definitely feeling the historical accuracy of his costume and the fact that he just looked amazing. Theo now just needed someone to talk to, or this costume and this night was the complete waste he was thinking it might be.

Halloween was Maddie's favourite holiday, being half blood Maddie had the best of both worlds. She had the wizarding holidays but she also had the muggle holidays too and Halloween was the best. She got inspiration for her costume from the old muggle Hollywood era. An actress who was very famous, classic and sophisticated, it was perfect, she was the Queen of old cinema! She made her way down to the Great Hall to start the Halloween Feast which was promised to be amazing. Her stomach grumbled at the thought of all the food, she couldn't wait to get started.

Walking down the endless amount of staircases she passed many interesting and unusual costumes. All the costumes she had seen had been very creative. Whoever had to judge the contest this year would have an extremely hard job. Maddie realised that next year she would have to up her game on the costume front.

As she walked into the hall she noticed a boy dressed in a very lavish costume, compete with hat and cane. She watched him walk around the room, he seemed to be parading. She smirked, "Is that him or the costume?" she wondered. Maddie walked over to the drinks table and grabbed a glass, she walked over to the boy. "I see your costume is giving you an awful sense of entitlement" she said to the boy teasing him.

The costume that Theo as wearing made him feel like a king, it was easy for him to feel like this, the costume was made for a king and thus he felt like one. He could feel that everything about his movements changed, it was almost strange how much a costume managed to change just about everything about a person. The young ravenclaw had a drink in his hand as he wandered around, using the cane as he moved through the crowd. All of it was just his own status in the belief that for this night he could literally be King Louis the fourteenth. It was as he was making his way back towards the drinks that he was stopped by someone, a fellow first year he imagined, who told him about the entitlement the costume seemed to give him,

"I am a king," he told her in his accented English, though he was good at English it was difficult to shift that french accent, the entitlement though which he got from his family sat clearly on his words, "You should address a king by your majesty," he told her, tonight was Halloween and he wanted to pretend he was king for the day, "You, Miss Hepburn, how is Hollywood treating you?" theo realised that she might not want to play along with pretending to be who they were, but Theo would continue it, he was a king and he wanted to be regal. He was planning to make the most of his ridiculously lavish costume, "Can I interest you in a dance?" he removed his hat as he said this and gave a little bow to her.

Part of the fun of Halloween was pretending to be someone else. It was endearing, a chance to be someone or something completely different, it was part of the fun and Maddie could tell the boy was taking full advantage of this. Deciding to play along Maddie replied "I am very sorry your majesty, I believe I had mistaken you, forgive me" she finished with a curtsey. "Hollywood is very busy, my king. I'm quite surprised I was allowed to take this night off" she explained. Maddie grinned at the formalness of it all and agreed to dance with the 'King'. "It would be my absolute pleasure to accept a dance with you, my liege" she replied curtseying.

A night to be different and so rather than getting really annoyed by his entitled tone began playing along with him, greeting him as your majesty and answering his question about the state of Hollywood currently, how she was doing. When she agreed to dance with him, he bowed again, and then with a flourishing motion with his hand began to stride happily towards where others were dancing, this was likely the point where he would break character mostly because he would need to. He didn't know how to dance like the old french kings, he didn't know how they danced when her character had been young. So instead once they reached the dance floor, he bowed once again to her and then just began dancing like he'd always done. There were some difficulty due to the cane and the hat, and the wig, but it seemed to all stay in place, as his dancing seemed to largely consist of jumping about, "Do they teach the actresses to dance in Hollywood?" he asked her over all the noise, try to gauge if she was dancing better or worse than him, he had never been a particular good dancer, but tonight, he looked so unlike himself he didn't care. He was wearing such a ridiculous costume he really didn't care. He was king and kings did what they wanted.

Maddie reached out and took the boy's hand as they walked onto the dancefloor. She curtseyed as he bowed and they began to dance. Not in the usual way one would dance at a ball, it was quite humorous to see, not just the two first years dancing together, but all the students in their costumes trying to dance with each other. The King seemed to dance on his own, jumping about and Maddie followed his lead. She twirled with her hips and punched the air, probably not what Audrey Hepburn would have danced like, but she had fun nevertheless. A couple of songs passed and the boy asked Maddie about dancing. She nodded her head and replied "we go to the best parties and events so naturally we have to learn how to dance properly." She moved closer to the boy and whispered in his ear so he would hear her better over the noise. "Do you want me to teach you, my liege?" she asked.

Tholomyes enjoyed dancing, he definitely wasn't good at it, but that did not stop his enjoyment of it. He noticed that she was a far better dancer than he was but it was all going to be fairly enjoyable, he was in fact having fun and find nothing about any of it to complain about, she was dancing with him, had barely said anything about his tone or anything like that. Theo was pretty happy about this, and though he was very aware of his own clothes it felt like this was just about the most fun he could have at the Halloween. As she leaned in to reply to his question, he ceased moving around as much choosing to just sway a little more to the music, just so that he would be able to hear her speaking, and then further at the question he just grinned at her, that would be good, she was clearly better at this than he was and this was a night of new friends and opportunities it seemed, and Theo was not his usual cynical self, but a king. He just nodded in reply bowing slightly at her, "It would be my greatest honour to be taught to dance by you," he kept with the politeness required of a king as he spoke, waiting for her to show him these dance moves she had spoken of, keen and ready to follow what she was teaching.

Seeing Audrey Hepburn and King Louis XIV dancing together would surely be an interesting and unusual sight to behold. Maddie would love to be an outsider looking in, it would probably be hilarious. Especially now since Maddie was about to teach the boy to dance as Audrey. She didn't have any idea what she was doing, she was just drawing on knowledge from movies she had seen and things her parents had told her. She wouldn't let the boy know that though. He was a King and she was Audrey and that was who they were for tonight and it would be how they would dance. "Okay" she said to no one in particular. She wondered how she was going to do this and what to she would do with his cane.. "If you could maybe put the cane in your belt?" she asked and quickly added "your majesty". Taking a deep breath she slowly moved closer to the boy while explaining what she was doing "We'll have to get a little closer" she said putting her hand on his arm "We'll do a typical slow dance and soon you will be the envy of all your courtiers, my liege" she said smiling at him, holding up her other hand for him to take. "You should put your right hand on my waist" she said guiding him to the right place. Luckily for them the music had changed to a slower pace which would make this considerably easier.

Tholomyes wasn't quite sure what her teaching him how to dance might involve, but he did as instructed and put the cane in his belt, ensuring that it would stay put where he had put it, and then looked back up at her expectantly, not missing the way she had added the, your majesty bit. He smiled at her, then seemed to blush at the mention of having to get closer, he'd gone to an all boys school before this, though they'd had mixed dances it hadn't entirely been girls dancing with boys, the waltz and balls were for the far older students, he'd not yet learned to dance formally, but he knew that was what she was doing. However, he waited until instructed to since he could presume anything, Tholomyes nodded at her, "And you the envy of all the princesses within the court," he replied with a smile, after all, it would've always been a great honour to dance with the King in court, he just nodded and then a little nervously placed his hand on her waist, glancing at his hand before looking up at her. With his other hand held it out like he'd seen adults do, this was what she was going for after all, "Like this?" he gave her a small smile, and then followed her lead as she began to dance at the much slower pace. He was constantly looking between her and his feet, "You're good at this," he commented looking up at her, "I, as King, commend you for your excellence in dance," he spoke with his usual formality and then leaned into her, "I'm Theo," he introduced quietly, feeling like this was perhaps the time for an exchange of names.

Maddie could tell the boy was quite nervous, to be honest, she was nervous herself. She hadn't properly danced with someone before. Unless you count family gatherings where you stood on your father's shoes as he twirled you around. She hadn't done this before but she was sure that she liked it. Even when the partner didn't know what he was doing. But that was okay, Maddie liked teaching him. Soon enough he could probably give her a run for her money on the dancing front. He seemed to be picking it up quickly anyway. Maddie grinned at the boy at the mention of her being the envy of the other princesses. "It would be an honour to dance at your court, your majesty" she said smiling sweetly. Maddie nodded at the boy "Exactly!" she observed. Maddie let go of his arm and took his other hand and twirled underneath it, then returned to her original place. This time her hand on his shoulder. "Why thank you, your majesty" she smiled "You're not so bad yourself" she said complimenting his improvement.

"I'm Maddie" she replied, returning the introduction. "It's nice to know the name of the person behind the costume" she whispered.

Following her lead was proving to provide Theo with the support he needed in beginning to learn the dance, it uncomplicated things for him and he didn't have to give it much thought as he was learning the dance moves. He smiled at her when she replied to his statement, and couldn't help but wonder about what it would've been like to dance at court, but let his mind just wander away from those thoughts focusing on what she was doing, moving in time with her, and watching as she twirled underneath his arm, and the smile on his face grew further, how amazing this was, just perfect and so much fun, the teen could hardly believe how much fun he was having, and really all he was doing was dancing with some other first year, whom upon his introduction introduced herself as Maddie. He nodded at her, "Yeah it is," he agreed, still smiling at her, "Which house are you in?" he asked, since he'd not seen her about Ravenclaw he doubted she was in that house, but as he continued to dance with her, it only made sense to learn a little more about her, before then just focusing on the dancing they were doing, far more formally than others in the room, but he felt both their costumes merited it. As the song came to an end, he let go of her hands and bowed deeply, "A wonderful teacher Mademoiselle Hepburn," Tholomyes gave her a warm smile as he looked back up at her, "Another dance, or shall we get some refreshments?"

It was nice to have a pleasant conversation with someone while dancing. A conversation that was completely out of the ordinary. It was a perfect escapist situation for Maddie, Halloween was made for nights like this. "I'm in Gryffindor" she replied to Theo's question. "What about you? What house are you in?" she asked him in return.

The slow songs had finished and their dance had come to an end. She curtseyed as he bowed "Thank you, your Majesty. You have been a fantastic student." Maddie shrugged at the options, they had danced for a while so she supposed it was time for a drink. "Refreshments I think? That way we'll have time to get our breath back" she suggested to Theo, making a move over to the table where they first met that night.

Nodding at reply to his question, he could now see perhaps that this girl was a Gryffindor, his sister being a Gryffindor meant that he really didn't mind, nor did he really care about houses, as long as everyone had fun that was what he thought. Tholomyes didn't even really understand the house system much either, it was more than a little confusing to him, "Ravenclaw," he replied with a small smile. Instead of lingering on that subject when the song came to an end he found the smile lingering on his face, this was quite the evening, it had been quite the evening. Theo was glad that he had ended up being stopped by her. Nodding at her statement he couldn't help but agree he motioned in a very over the top manner towards where they had been standing, taking the time to get his cane of the belt and follow behind her in his usual king-like manner. He poured them both drinks and then handed one to her, "My last school didn't even remotely celebrate halloween, I have never seen so many decorations," he commented, "Although not enough gold or enough mirrors," he added as if in reference to his kingly palace.

Maddie hadn't met many Ravenclaws since starting at Hogwarts, even in the classes she had with them they didn't seem very talkative. The one Ravenclaw she had met was cold and unfriendly, that was at the start of term when she was exploring the castle with a couple of other students. But Theo seemed a bit different, he seemed friendlier and he was nice to talk to and he was interesting. Maddie was glad they had met this night, it was turning out to be a really fun feast. Maddie took the drink that Theo had poured for her and started sipping it as he started talking about his old school. She thought about her time at school and added to what Theo was saying. "Our school didn't really celebrate it either. We didn't have any of these grand feasts to celebrate Halloween. They taught us about where the notion of Halloween came from but that's all really." She grinned at his comment about lavish decorations "Of course the decorations could not compare to your magnificent castle, your majesty!" she exclaimed and winked at him. "At home we celebrated Halloween by trick or treating around the village. There were only a couple of us though, so it was never that exciting" she explained.

Tholomyes nodded along with what she was saying about it, his school hadn't been a school too different from this really, he had heard a lot of stories about halloween, but he had never actually been faced with it. It had always been something that had been a figament of the stores in the local town they rarely got to visit. Theo nodded at her, "Someone always put on an old muggle scary movie in the common room," he told her, "I went to boarding school," he added quickly as if to explain why someone would've put on a film and for him to not just say a family member. The boy was learning that most of the people here hadn't been to boarding school before Hogwarts like had had. Thankfully though the conversation moved on and he took a sip of his drink, barely containing his smile, wondering what it would actually be like to be a king for a day, this evening of joking and being falsely extravagant with her was pretty fun, surely being king was pretty fun too. He had never been trick or treating, it just wasn't something they'd ever done, and he had never understood it really, "Trick or treating like in the movies?" he asked, making sure it was what he thought it was, "We didn't do that, lived too far from people, it is not done where I am from either really," he added as a small after thought, "I prefer this," he motioned to the hall as he said this, this hall just everything about this was better.

Maddie laughed at what Theo was saying "Yeah, they did that to us aswell" she shook her head as she remembered "It was our favourite part of school, getting to watch a movie." She sighed "I don't think there's any chance of that happening here at Hogwarts though, do you?" she asked Theo jokingly. Maddie raised her eyebrows at the mention of boarding school "How was that? Going to boarding school at such a young age I mean?" she asked, leaving her family at this age to go to boarding school was hard enough. Maddie nodded "Yeah, pretty much like the movies" she said in agreement "We go from house to house and they give us chocolate or sweets, things like that. It's quite fun" Maddie explained. She kind of missed trick or treating here at hogwarts, but the Feast more than made up for that absence. "I lived in a small village so there were only a couple of houses you could visit. This feast is definitely an improvement!" she said before taking a sip of her drink.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back