Kate and anyone

Kate Johnson

Wand
Holly wand, 11" Essence of Phoenix Feather
Kate had been wandering around the shops for a while, then gone into The Three Broomsticks and then had just been buying her new kitten from Magical Menargie called Milly. Stroking the kitten inside the cage, for she wasn't advised to take her out until she was back at the castle. Kate smiled and sat down on a bench. Rembering the times when she was a 1st year and terrified of anyone that came near her. Now Kate was going up to the new 1st years and asking if they were alright!

Jenna stumbled along Obsidian Harbour sadly, her feet dragging along the hot stony ground when she bumped into a girl and she looked up at the girl and mumbled a pitiful apology and waited for her to move around her as she didn't have the extra energy to go around the girl, everything was just piling up onto the small girl.

Kate stood up for a little to stretch her legs when suddenly a first year who looked as sad as Eeyore bumped into her. "Hi there," Kate said kindly, "Are you OK?" She then asked. "Oh, you are Leanne, aren't you. You are in Hufflepuff! I am in Hufflepuff as well. Are you OK? What is wrong?" Kate asked politely.

"Who is Leanne?" Jenna asked though she was lacking her normal curiosity then she said, "Yes I'm in Hufflepuff, and you are? I'm fine, just stuff..." Jenna hoped that the fact she was being more then vague would give the girl to step off that kind of question.

Kate blushed and then giggled. "Sorry, Jenna. There are loads of new Hufflepuffs that i thought that your name was Leanne." Kate looked inquistitably at Jenna and noticed that she suddenly didn't seem so tired and bumping into people. Kate was a little shocked at how she spoke to Kate and Kate soon picked up the hint that Jenna didn't want Kate to talk about the subject of how are you. "Oh, sorry, i forgot to introduce myself, I am Kate Johnson. A second year Hufflepuff now." Kate said plainly. "Well, then, if you are OK, then i had better ask you if you want a hand with your shopping." Kate asked her.

Jenna looked at the girl curiously and joked, "Are you like the Hufflepuff greeter or something? I'm Jenna Wilkonson... it's a pleasure Kate." Jenna nodded her head to greet the girl then said, "I've already finished the job of school shopping, thanks though." Jenna smiled weakly at the girl.

Jenna bit her lip and said, "You know, I think I'm just going to go back to my hotel, I'm not feeling up for socializing at the moment, I'll see you in the common room though okay?" Jenna smiled awkwardly at the girl, she seemed a bit pushy for friendship and Jenna didn't like neediness. So she gave the girl a wave and walked in the direction she had come from with the same swagger.

"Hey Kate." Sam said as he walked over to her. "Aww. Cute cat." he beamed while stroking its head. "How have you been?" he asked her friendly.

Kate smiled at Sam as he came up to her, "Do you like her? She is just a kitten and her name is Milly. I have just brought her from Magical Menargie." Kate said proudly as she stroked the ginger tabby kitten on her lap. "I am fine, I have just been chatting to Jenna Wilkonson. And you?" She politely asked.

"Hello Milly." Sam said stroking him. "Oh Jenn was here. Where is she?" he asked dissappointed he missed her.

Kate smiled at Sam't gentleness with Milly and so she replied, "Yeh. She was here but now she has gone back to her hotel. She looked rather pale and i think she was tired." Kate said quickly, changing the subject for Sam's sake, Kate asked, "So are you excited about having all the lessons? And have you got all of your shopping?" Kate asked another question so that Sam could forget being disapointed about Jenna.

Taylor wanted to hit her head on something. This shopping business was tiring. Two days straight of shopping, in a place so crowded. It was exhausting. Folding up her school supplies list, which she was sure she didnt need to look at anymore because she had memorised everything anyway, she was about to look up when she crashed straight into someone. Looking up at the girl she blushed a bit at the fact that she actually had hit her head on something. "Sorry, i didnt see you there."

"Aww, well I'm sure I'll talk to her later." he simply said. "Yeah. I need a friend to help me out though. She was an expert so we got it sorted pretty quickly." he said. "Lessons? Some of them. I'm actually quite looking forward to potions oh and definitely fly---" Suddenly a girl just crashed into Kate. Sam smirked, though not in a mean way. "You alright?" he asked his London accent extremely audible.

Taylor looked up at the boy who had spoken to her and noticed he was smirking, a smile reached her own face. "Yeah im fine." She laughed. "I should really be more careful i feel like this is the 100th person i have crashed into, to be honest it probably is." She let enough laugh escape before adding. "I'm Taylor by the way, love your accent, are you from London?" Taylor had recognised the accent right away, her grandparents were from London. She had always had a fascination with the different accents of the world.

Sam laughed, "So far since I came here in July I managed to only bump into five people." he smiled playfully. "Oh, I'm Sam. Nice to meet you Taylor." he said. "Oh yeah I'm from London. But I live with my uncle here instead. So...I mean its a change and all but change is good." The only reason he accepted Hogwarts New Zealand was to get away from his family, but living with his uncle wasn't so bad. "Where are you from?" he asked her.

"Yeah, i like change, its probably my Mums fault because i grew up with her moving houses everytime she got bored." Taylor laughed. "I lived in Manchester until i was 6 and then moved to Australia. I like it so much better there than in England, but now im staying with my cousin, who is out here until i go to Hogwarts. Will you be going, or are you there already, or whatever?" Taylor finished, somewhat awkwardly.

Sam nodded, "Its more peaceful here than England. Well, at least it was before you came knocking everyone down!" he teased jokingly. "Yeah, I'll be going. It'll be wicked." he said. "I'm presuming you are? I'm going into my first year." he added.

Taylor laughed. "Well then, everyones going to have to get used to me being around, because theres much more damage to come than ive caused already. Im the biggest clutz alive, trust me on the one." Taylor winked with a laugh. "Im going into my first year too, have you been sorted yet? I was put into Gryffindor, i was kinda hoping to be in Slytherin just to prove to myself i could survive there." Taylor said jokingly.

Sam laughed, "Well, I'll be looking forward to seeing the clutzy mistakes." He was happy she wasa going to hogwarts too, she seemed a good friend. "Yeah, I'm in Hufflepuff. I wasn't really shooting for any house. So I really didn't mind any of them." he said simply.

Taylor smirked, "Great to know I'll have admirers, everytime i fall over something." She joked, stepping to the right and then tripping over her own foot. After the stumble, she straightened herself and said, "Life is too ironic sometimes..." Sighing dramatically. "The way i see sorting is you get a hat placed on your head and then your picked. Your going to get that house, whether you want it or not, so there really isnt too much point in wishing for a particular one." Taylor stated, scratching her nose thoughtfully.

Sam laughed at her. He never laughed so hard in his life. Once he caught his breath he managed to say, "Taylor your mad do you know that?" he was still laughing but not as much. "I suppose your right. You said you wanted Slytherin but are you happy you got Gryffindor?" he asked her.

She giggled a bit herself, laughter was definatly the best medicine and this Sam guy was definatly fun to be around. "I try." She said as she shrugged with a smile on her face. "Im definatly happy im in Gryffindor, everyone's so friendly in this house. I'd probably be in fights daily if i was chosen to be a Slytherin, no i think i just saw Slytherin as a challenge." She did love a good challenge. "But in the end, i think the sorting hat does know best. Have you met many people going to Hogwarts yet?"

"Well thats good. I don't really mind too much that I'm in Hufflepuff. Yeah you get all the slagging. But in the end. There only houses theres no point hating someone for it. eh?" he said, this was hi theroy on the matter anyway.
"Yeah I've met loads. I haven't met any real enemies yet so thats a plus." he shrugged. He had a good few best friends and now Taylor might just be one of them. "Have you met anyone yet?" he asked her.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back