Kaela needs some exercise

Kaela McIlvoy

((This thread is open guys. I didn't realize no one would post if it didn't say "open" really big somewhere. :( ))

Kaela had woken up early and snuck out of her dorm successfully. She was wearing some sweatpants and her new Hogwarts hoodie overtop of a t-shirt. She was determined to get some exercise in, despite the cool weather. And who knew, maybe some exercise would help take her mind off of Ford. Kaela had no idea what was going on with them, and she really didn't want to think about it. Every time she thought about Ford, she thought about Sophia, and it was not a happy experience.

So, here she was, at the lakefront. Kaela had wandered out onto the grounds and ended up at the lakefront, thinking maybe she would do some running. She like the lakefront, it reminded her of home. Tying her hair back into a ponytail she took off jogging along the lakefront, trying her best to focus on being skinny.

Kale, having had a hard time sleeping the past couple of nights, decided that fresh air would do a body good so he headed outside unsure really where he was heading to. It was a cold winter morning, too cold for Kale's liking, empty too. Hogwarts looked so much more peaceful this early in the morning, Kale walked around aimlessly until he walked down toward the lake, a blanket of fog covered the water. Kale kept his hands warm in his hoodie pockets, taking a seat down by the waters edge and staring out he thought he could have heard footsteps shuffling in his direction, he wasn't expecting anyone else to be outside at this time of the morning.

He sat up a bit so that he could see who was only feet away from him, to his surprise, it was Kaela...running. Why?? he thought to himself with a confused expression. Quickly, Kale got up from the dewy grass and jogged jokily to catch up with Kaela, "Boo." he said unenthusiastically.

Kaela had been so lost in her thoughts while jogging that she had not even noticed Kale. His voice came as a complete surprise to her and caught her so off guard that she stopped dead in her tracks with a gasp.

Kale noticed Kaela suddenly stop and laughed to himself, she obviously didn't have a clue who he was.

Playing along Kale tried to lower his voice, far from his normal tone, "Young lady, what are you doing out here at this hour? You're supposed to be in the castle." he said in a stern voice, wondering how she would react to him.

Kaela listened to the voice coming from behind her, a bit skeptical. It's not too early to be outside. And that voice doesn't sound very convincing... She turned around and couldn't believe what she saw. "Kale!" she exclaimed. "You goof, you scared me."

Kale rolled his eyes when Kalea turned around, the expression on his face became very goofy, "Ah, shucks...you caught me!" he stated sarcastically, "What are you running from?" Kale inquired with a hint of playfulness in his voice.

Kaela rolled her eyes at Kale, crossing her arms across her chest. "I'm not running from anything, I'm just jogging. Not all of us can be naturally skinny like you." She smiled playfully to let him know she wasn't actually mad.

"Girls. Are. Strange." Kale said slowly while shaking his head in 'shame' of her, "So you wake up at the butt crack of dawn to "excercise"?" Kale inquired with air quotes, just to pick fun at her in a friendly way. "No really though, do you do this everyday?"

"No," Kaela said defensively, uncrossing her arms. "I just, I couldn't sleep." She really didn't want to try and explain herself to Kale, because she was sure he would think she was nuts. I needed to run because I ate fudge and Twizzlers last night and I feel fat. Not to mention I'm not sure if I'm still together with Ford or not because of stupid Sophia.

Kale noticed Kaela's expession and tone to seem much more offensive, that wasn't his intention at all so he stepped off a bit. His face screwed up and Kale stepped back, "Uhh, is everything okay Kaela?" he questioned with an arched brow, almost feeling bad for his previous statements.

Kaela frowned a bit. She hadn't meant to offend Kale or make him think he had offended her. "No, everything is fine," she said, not entirely convincingly.

"So what brings you down to the lake this early?" Kaela asked in an attempt to change the subject.

"Are you sure?" Kale inquired slowly, his eye brows returning back to their normal unarched state. Kaela really did seem upset about something but he wasn't going to push her for information, I'll get it out of her if she wants to tell.. Kale stood up straight and rubbed his hands together to provide heat, "Couldn't sleep." he said boredly, Kale had too much energy for the still morning.

Kaela sighed. No, she wasn't sure. In fact, she knew that something was wrong, but she didn't want to sound stupid or bother Kale with her measly problems. She looked around, glad to see that they were the only souls on the lawn, and stepped closer. "OK, you promise not to say anything to anyone? And I do mean anyone."

Kale peered at Kaela for a moment and looked around if anyone else was around before responding, not to his surprise there wasn't anyone around, "Yeah." he stated. "What is it?"

Kaela sighed, a worried look on her face. "I don't know what's going on between me and Ford. Courtney and I went to the Three Broomsticks last night and he was there with Sophia."

Kale stood for quietly, "I don't know what you mean." he said plainly, "Do you not trust Ford around Sophia or something?" Kale inquired, not really aware of what happened the previous day between them.

"I'm pretty sure I trust Ford," Kaela said uneasily. "But I don't trust Sophia one bit. She kept smirking and seemed really smug." She frowned and looked around, sitting down on a nearby rock.

"Honestly, I think Sophia is just trying to shake you up a bit." Kale explained, knowing that Sophia could easily get into innocent victims like Kaela's heads. "You shouldn't worry about...them." In the inside, Kale didn't really know what he was talking about. He wasn't aware of whether or not Sophia and Ford had 'something' going on, he was just saying what Kaela wanted to hear. Kale walked over to Kaela and sat on the edge of a rock next to hers, "Plus...Sophia's just..." he made a face and shook his head.

Kaela smiled weakly and looked up at Kale. She wasn't sure she believed him, but it was nice to hear someone other than Courtney say that. "Yeah, she is pretty awful. I'm sure you're right. Thanks Kale." She reached out and gave Kale a hug, not really sure why. Kaela just kind of needed a hug right then, and Kale was there.

Kale bit the inside of his cheek, he knew that he shouldn't talk about Sophia like he just did, but it was the truth. "Not a problem Kaela." he said as she hugged him, he returned the hug and pulled away, "How long have you had thoughts like this towards Sophia?" Kale inquired, interested if they had always had 'issues' eachother.

Kaela released Kale from the hug and considered his question with a puzzled look. "I dunno. She's always kind of scared me to be honest. Although, she did help me once....but I talked to her! I went up to her and asked her if it was all right if I dated Ford, and she said yes!" Kaela frowned. "I can't figure her out Kale."

Kale shrugged his shoulders, "Well, she is kind of a psycho." he stated while rolling his eyes. "I think she just likes to watch you squirm. Don't let that bother you. I mean, really, what is the worse thing that she could do?" Kale asked in a joking manner, not expecting an answer. In reality, Sophia made him uncomfortable too, but he seemed to be much better at coping with it than Kaela.

Kale nodded his head at Kaela's last comment, "Indeed. She got all up in my face before that, I thought she was going to slap me or something.." he stated with an arched brow while shrugging his shoulders.

Kaela's mouth fell open. She had not witnessed those events and was quite glad for it. "But, how did she do it? Why did she do it? What even happened? No one really gave me the full story."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back