Blood Status
Pure Blood
Relationship Status
Married
Sexual Orientation
Heterosexual
Wand
Ebony 17" Core of Crow's Feathers and Poplar 16 1/2" Core of Basilisk's Fang
After looking into his son's mind, it was about time that he went out to meet this Ioan Finch himself. Asparuh Zhefarovich the Third bid his wife farewell for a few hours, or days, since he had to travel to none other than New Zealand from Bulgaria. It wasn't his favorite thing to do, but he had to manage. He dropped by his son's house, Kalif's, to make sure everything was in order and in tact. The children seemed to be doing well, and he was quite proud that his son managed to find a good woman that would take care of the kids, but not be afraid of shedding some blood for the family when needed. She did wonder work on her father when her father killed Jaken, while trying to get their guardian for some unknown reason. All he cared was that their laws were upheld, and that was easy. Nicolette was an asset to the family, and her husband was one as well. Some of the Zhefarovich's have yet to climb the ladder of being an asset and one of his personal assistants, but perhaps it would happen one of these days. Not everyone could be worth it in his eyes.

Throwing his cloak over his head, Asparuh made his way into Bleak Street, having been here before on numerous occasions years ago. He came down here once and managed to terrorize several people, and then some with his son as well. Asparuh arrived to the right address, from what he managed to extract from his son's mind. He walked up toward the door, and with two knuckles, knocked a couple of times before taking a step back. He remained covered, not wanting to reveal much about who he was until necessary. He was still a very active Death Eater, if not the oldest one left. Yet, he was a maker of a horcrux, and the ruler of a family of legend in another country. Tales of his doings wrapped within the family. No one ever wanted to cross his path because of his ruthlessness. He'd fight anything, but the bad thing was, his pride would never allow him to heal himself or go to Saint Mungo's. His pride was epic. He waited outside, hoping someone would answer soon, or else lose his patience.

Still in the work robes that he had donned for the better part of the day, Ioan sat on the couch with his legs sprawled out in front of him. He dared not to place them on the coffee table with his wife up and about, though he wanted to. The man had had a rough day, a fact made apparent by looking at his face. His eyes had dark circles under them and his face had the haggard look of someone who had been missing out on sleep. As an alarm went off in the basement, Ioan sighed heavily before getting slowly to his feet to head down there. It was time to add the next set of ingredients to the complex potion he was working on. It was the potion that was the cause of his sleepless nights, but Ioan knew the payoff would be great. And he was in need of the money to fund other projects.

It was as he finished adding the last ingredient that Ioan heard what sounded like some faint knocking. He waited a moment, wondering if Adrianne or Alana's footsteps would sound above him as they headed for the door. Heading for the stairs, Ioan climbed them quickly, curiosity taking him to the doorstep. He pulled back the curtain of the window, an enchantment allowing him to do so without detection. A hooded figure stood at the door. With a grin, Ioan moved to the door and tugged it open. He hadn't been expecting his friend, but the man would provide a great distraction until he had to retire to the basement once more. "Benjamen. Good to see you, brother" he greeted the man amiably enough. It was then that Ioan noticed several key differences that had him reaching for his wand. The house had its own enchantments that would protect his family, the first of which was a charm that prevented outsiders from entering. "Can I help you?" he spoke once more, this time in a much more icy tone.

As soon as someone answered the door, the man greeted him as if he were Benjamen. A slight smirk appeared upon the Patriarch's lips, as he was very, very slightly amused. However, it soon vanished just as quick as it arrived. Asparuh waited for the man to acknowledge the differences, as there were a few. Quite a few, actually. For one, Asparuh was a loyal Death Eater to this day, and had been for years and years, well over half a century. The fact that the man called Benjamen his "brother" made him somewhat worried about how close the two men really were. It was no secret that Benjamen desired that woman that still resided in the Zhefarovich Manor, but still. The man, Ioan was it, finally realized that it was not Benjamen, and asked if he could help Asparuh. Asparuh slowly reached up for his hood as he said, "Actually," his tone harsh as well as his accent. He removed his hood and continued, "I think it is the other way around." Asparuh folded his arms across his chest now that he was revealed. However, the man might not know who he is exactly, and what all he did. So far, there were several connections between Asparuh and Ioan, so it was about time that they met, face to face.

Asparuh decided to make it rather quick and to the point. "I assume I know who I am. Benjamen was spending a lot of his time away from the Manor, so much that it got my attention and now I see why." Asparuh was referring to Ioan, and also the Scitorari. It was hard to hide anything from Asparuh within his family. He knew just about everything that happened, and this whole group thing just left him without answers. Either way, he would see if this Ioan and his family were worth any of the Zhefarovich's time, and see what he could do about that. He didn't appreciate much of the Cardosi family until someone that is worth more than the mud finally came along, someone who owed him a great debt finally repaid. For now.

Ioan watched the man, his own stance guarded as the man slowly reached up to remove his hood. Now that his face wasn't hidden, Ioan didn't feel bad for having mistaken this man for Benjamen. The resemblance was certainly there, and Ioan had no doubt that this man was part of the Zhefarovich family, an older one which meant he was probably a very practiced dark wizard. Ioan had met more than a few members of that family, so he remained wary even as the man declared that he was at Ioan's doorstep to help him. That would all depend on what he meant by 'help.' Ioan had learned through experiences with various members of that family that their help wasn't always helpful. Sometimes, it resulted in even more trouble.

As the man spoke and confirmed a relationship to Ioan, he tried his best to figure out who the man was. " Yes, Benjamin and I have done some work together" Ioan replied slowly, wishing he hadn't assumed that it was Benjamin in the first place and calling him 'brother.' Still, the man had offered some sort of assistance and Ioan knew better than to deny it right off. If this man turned out to be another of the crazier Zhefarovich members, Ioan would figure out a way out of whatever later. For now, Ioan decided to allow the man to enter. He opened the door wider and stepped back. "No need to keep this discussion up in the doorway" he explained. "I'm sure you already know who I am, but I'm Ioan...Finch" he added, holding his hand out for a shake. Ioan knew that his family would remain upstairs once they heard another voice. The house had certain protections in place and Ioan didnt think he had wronged any of the Zhefarovich family, so that made Ioan slightly ok with letting the man in.

Asparuh merely nodded simply when Ioan mentioned how he and Benjamen did some work together. As he expected. There was nothing wrong with that. However, it was enough to bring up the Patriarch's attention, that in itself could mean bad news. Asparuh, on the other hand, was not here to kill, or maim. Simply, talk. If Benjamen thought this man was worthy enough to work with, perhaps his family could make some use out of it. Asparuh stepped into the doorway, and he gave Ioan a once over once more. He thought that he recognized him with Benjamen way back when he returned from his horcrux journey. Or maybe that was another fellow. He didn't know for sure. He was too busy assaulting Benjamen and Axel for screwing up what he designed. The man extended his hand as he introduced himself once more, and Asparuh reached out for a firm handshake, but kept his strength held back. There was no need to pretend who was the largest man here. Asparuh was confident that there wouldn't be any foolishness like that.

"Asparuh Zhefarovich the Third, Patriarch of the Zhefarovich Family, and Benjamen's father. I assume that Benjamen has mentioned me, and my connections." Asparuh glanced up somewhat, thinking he heard something. Ah, this man had a family no doubt, and he assumed that they would not intervene. Asparuh folded his arms across his large chest, figuring that this man could be trusted, but not to the point where he would mention that he was still an active Death Eater. "Let's see, what all could the Zhefarovich assist with. We have numerous extensions, from businesses to arranged marriages. I assume you are familiar with Collineus Cardosi, and how he came to have what he has." However, the deal was a daughter to the future patriarch. It was almost cruel to have a child serve as payment, but it was worth it. The purest of bloods needed to rule the family after all.

If a man’s handshake meant anything about him, Ioan could tell that the man before him was all business. His handshake was firm and let the Scitorari leader know that this was a man that he wanted on his side. Not that he’d thought any differently before shaking the man’s hand. His height was impressive, even for Ioan who wasn’t short. Even more impressive was the discovery of who he was actually facing. Ioan’s blue-green eyes widened with recognition of the name even before he confirmed that he was Benjamen’s father. With a nod, Ioan replied. “Yes, he’s mentioned it in passing once or twice, I’m sure.” Now that he knew who exactly the man was, he was even more wary about the man being in his home. It was no matter though. He’d already let him in. Now, it was time to figure out exactly what he wanted. The rumors that swirled about the Zhefarovich family and their legacy no doubt included the man standing before him. If the stories were true, this man was the heart of many of those stories.

Standing idly by the door felt a bit odd, so Ioan directed the man to the small table as he listened to the man discuss what the Zhefarovich family could offer him. The Scitorari leader couldn’t recall having asked for anything, so he remained silent for a moment, trying to figure out what the man’s angle was. At the mention of his colleague of sorts, Collineus, Ioan glanced back at the man’s face. He nodded swiftly, once, and answered cautiously, “I’ve heard the stories about it.” Collineus had never come right out and told him about his ascent to power, but Ioan had also been less than forthcoming about his own rise to power in becoming one of the leaders of the Scitorari. The man had never wanted to give anyone, not even someone he considered a friend, information that could then be used against him on a whim. Still unsure of what the man was getting at, Ioan decided to take the blunt approach. Hopefully, it wouldn’t be his downfall. He did have a lot of respect for the Zhefarovich family, but he wasn’t part of it so he didn’t have to abide by the many rules and codes that they seemed to live by. Still, it would be stupid to anger someone, especially one of the older members of the family. It just seemed bad for business. “Do you propose to make some similar sort of deal with me?” he asked, curiosity tinging his words. Ioan liked power and he loved being a leader amongst the Scitorari. The idea of getting even more power was appealing to the man.

Asparuh merely smirked slightly when he heard that Benjamen didn't speak of him much. There was no doubt that he was definitely not father of the year, especially during that celebration they had and Asparuh cursed Benjamen across the room, along with his brother, Axel. His temper flared that night, and as much as his soul was unstable, at least he achieved his goal. Asparuh folded his arms across his chest, knowing that his presence alone might be intimidating. He could tear apart a house within a few seconds, however, that was not his plan. "Stories that have arrived across the world, I am impressed. If only I was aware of which are true and which are not." He shrugged his mighty shoulders before he brushed that thought aside. He would have to figure it out. Asparuh looked upon the small table, and then to the leader of a section of the Scitorari. While he didn't want anything to do with the Scitorari, as he believed he was above that. As prideful as that was, this Death Eater was full of it, and all that he accomplished. "Collineus is an associate of mine. He assisted me in my ultimate plan, while I gave him what he wanted. At the cost, he had to provide a daughter to extend the pure-blood race. He barely made the deadline."

The Death Eater paused for a moment, as he rested his arms at his side for a moment. Ioan inquired if he was going to propose a similar deal with him. The man sought power, and someone like him, he could grant it. Asparuh had fortunes due to his ancestors, connections of all sorts, and access to what could be considered an army, with his family alone. It wasn't like that before he came along, but he was proud of what his family had accomplished. "I could offer you whatever you need, and I have the resources to get it done. Collineus wanted a large business, with it came the power and respect he desired. My only desire is to form strong alliances with my family, and to extend the pure-blood race." Asparuh paused for a moment, before he added, "You are already a leader of this little group. I wouldn't be able to help you with more power within the Scitorari itself, seeing as I am not part of it."

Ioan had no idea which stories were true either, but he was pretty sure that the more disturbing ones were. It would be hard to make up some of those details. They did sound just about right with what he knew about the Zhefarovich family though. As they continued to speak, Ioan found himself learning a lot about one of his colleagues. That Collineus had presented his pure blood daughter like a present was surprising to the man. He wasn't sure if he would be willing to do the same. Power was important and something that he enjoyed having. Ioan just wasn't sure that forcing his daughter to do something for his sake was the right way to go about getting that. There were other issues as well with that idea, namely his wife, Adrianne.

Ioan listened as Asparuh continued talking, trying his best not to show his annoyance at the Scitorari being called 'little.' He knew that Asparuh came from the Death Eater generation and had probably aligned with them at one point or another, but the Scitorari were getting big as well and this particular branch had a lot of plans in the works. "I'm happy with my position in the Scitorari anyway." It was other Scitorari leaders that he wasn't happy with. It was clear to Ioan that betrothing his children was the only way he'd get anything from this man. Even if he wasn't sure that he wanted anything from him at the moment. And it would have to be Alana. He wouldn't even bother with his son whose behavior was a bit...on the odd side. And who knew how much Ravenclaw was changing him each semester. He knew that Lorin would never survive among the Zhefaroviches. "I do have a daughter, a Slytherin" he mused, also throwing out that she was in a good, solid house, "who would do well with one of your sons, I'm sure." Ioan had no doubts with her. Alana was like her mother in that she often got what she wanted when she wanted it. Her ambition seemed to no know bounds.

Asparuh knew that he would be dealing with someone much different than some of his other allies. He had never really dealt with someone that was a true resident of a place like this. He could never imagine living in a place as plain and filthy as Bleak Street. His Manor was enough for him, with rooms full of stains from enemies from years and years ago. Yet, he was all right with that. Asparuh was a strict man when it came down to business. When Ioan mentioned that he was happy with his position in the Scitorari, Asparuh smirked slightly. He wondered if there were other leaders that perhaps needed to be dealt with. However, those affairs, he would not dirty his hands with. "I do hope the other Scitorari leaders are similar to you and Cardosi. Both of you seem like reasonable men that hold power respectively." Asparuh then thought, 'Whatever type of power that was within this mass of ingrates.' Within his family, it was obvious that Asparuh thought of the Scitorari as lower than him. However, the more time he spent around them, the more tolerant he was.

"A daughter in a respectable house, no less," Asparuh mentioned, but truth be told, he did not know much about Hogwarts. He simply knew a fair bit about Slytherin, and how they were distantly related to the man from years and year ago, due to the Parselmouth gene that existed within his family's blood. Rare, no doubt. "It wouldn't be with one of my sons. The youngest are with bastarded with an imbecile of a dead mother or at Durmstrang, with no connection to this country. It would have to be one of my brothers' boys that are going to school here." Asparuh went over the ones that were within the school now, and could only imagine that would be perhaps the best way for the children to meet, if Ioan agreed. Then again with the proper persuasion, he could bring one of his sons over, but he refused the one with a lowlife mother. "I don't expect an answer now. This is something you should think about, and converse with your wife over, if that's what you believe in." Whatever Asparuh did, he never spoke about it with his wife to gain her approval. He told her his plans, and that was that.

Ioan’s eyes lit up with wicked amusement as the man spoke about the other leaders, voicing his hopes that the other leaders were similar to him and Collineus. It wasn’t true in the slightest. He and Collineus were similar in many ways, which is probably why they got along surprisingly well. They did have their differences, most notably their beliefs about blood status, though Ioan was careful to avoid such conversations. He didn’t like speaking about his pureblood father even if others seemed to respect the man and have such fond memories of work they’d done with him. Ioan hadn’t spoken to the man in a number of years and planned on keeping it that way for the foreseeable future. His life was just a whole lot easier to deal with without his father involved in it. Thankfully, this conversation didn’t sway in that way so Ioan wasn’t forced to listen to and smile over some story about his father that he didn’t care about. Instead, the conversation remained on his daughter. The man allowed himself a small smile, full of pride nonetheless.

As the man continued, Ioan’s smile dimmed as he listened closely to what was being said. Asparuh didn’t seem too fond of where his sons were at, and as the man continued on, Ioan couldn’t help but feel a small sense of relief that his daughter wouldn’t end up with one of those children. It sounded complicated. Ioan silently marveled at the fact that this man seemed to hold a great deal of power over his entire family. He already knew he had power over his own children, but to promise the child of one of his siblings meant that he had a great deal more power than even Ioan had imagined. He was glad that he wouldn’t have to give an answer right away because it was true that this was not a decision that he would dare make alone. He would discuss it with his wife first, of course. Ioan and Adrianne were getting along fairly well these days and he intended on not being the first one to screw things up. “Thank you for stopping by for this” Ioan began, feeling as if their conversation was drawing to a close. It was funny that this was his home, but it felt as if he was the one being dismissed rather than the other way around. “I’m sure my wife will be happy to hear about this proposition” he added, wondering if the man did have something else he wanted to speak about. It was hard to tell. "How should I send you a response?"he asked, knowing that some wizards disliked receiving owls at their home.

Asparuh gave a simple nod when Ioan thanked him for stopping by. The ancient Death Eater remained still as the other man was predictable enough for Asparuh to guess his next words. He would have to converse with his wife over this matter. Such equality when it came down to children. That's probably how it should be, but in his family, it was much different. While the members of the family did that, Asparuh's word overpowered everyone else's. And that was a fact. No one would dare go against his word. He could not imagine how many times he fought with Chavder over the fact that his son disagreed with him. Over time, he finally came around and embraced the Zhefarovich traditions. It only took a couple of beatings near death. "You can send your answer to Benjamen. Most owls and ravens die before reaching the boundaries of my Manor. If you and your wife agree to make this happen, state your terms and I'll ensure you get what you want." Asparuh figured that this was all that there was to talk about. He had other people to deal with, namely seeing what that one woman living at the Manor that Benjamen attacked a while back. Just one thing remained, why the hell was she still there? Oh well. He gave a curt nod to Ioan before he walked to the door. He opened it before he paused, "If this all goes through, don't make your terms that I join the Scitorari. That will never happen. If that thought would ever cross your mind." Asparuh smirked slightly, before he closed the door behind him. And, just as quick as he came, he apparated off.

Ioan nodded his head quickly to show that he’d understood. Getting his reply to Asparuh would be easy enough. He and Benjamen worked together often enough that he’d be able to send a reply almost as soon as there was one. The Scitorari leader couldn’t say that he was immediately pushing the idea away. It was intriguing to say the least, an opportunity to help elevate his family name on his own, without his pureblood father’s help. Ioan also knew that he and his wife had hoped for a while already that Alana would make a good match for herself when she attended Hogwarts. She’d already started on the right path with her placement in Slytherin. Perhaps, this would continue to help her along the path she seemed to be on.

Standing up, Ioan followed the man to his door. As Asparuh headed out, Ioan smirked as he turned around to deliver his one condition. Ioan shook his head. “Don’t worry. That won’t be it” he confirmed as the man apparated away. Whether he had heard him or not, Ioan had no idea. It didn’t matter though. He had no intentions of asking a man like Asparuh to join the Scitorari. He was too powerful of a wizard, had too much of a reputation behind him. If he joined, it wouldn’t be long before the man would have a group of followers hanging on to his every word, following his orders. Ioan couldn’t have that. He liked his place in the Scitorari and wouldn’t jeopardize that for anything. No, he had other plans for how Asparuh might help him. Plans that would help him, and him, alone. In the end, they might be helpful to the group, but they were mostly selfish plans. Shutting the door, Ioan knew that he just needed to figure out how to get his wife on board.

End​
<i>
</i>

Users who are viewing this thread

Back