Blood Status
Half Blood
Relationship Status
Too Young to Care
Sexual Orientation
too young to care
Wand
Straight 8 Inch Sturdy Hawthorn Wand with Thestral Tail Hair Core
Pearl hadn't expected more than one dance in the year, and really she hadn't particularly packed for it. But there was NO WAY she'd rewear a dress for the celebration, absolutely none. It didn't matter how much she loved the pretty gold outfit she'd worn. This time she'd put on something a little less formal, given that she didn't actually have a proper dress and had put on a bit of make up, though it was a rather rough job. She wasn't very good at make up yet, she didn't quite have the steady hand for it. Pearl arrived at the great hall, and thought the room looked very pretty, and she let her gaze move about the different people. But she didn't do much, just began walking about the room, trying to figure out what she should do first.

Ethan didn't really care much about Valentine's day. It was always awkward at his old school since he never really had any friends there. He moved around too much and never really got to know anyone well enough to give him any candy or a card. He sometimes got a few pity boxes of candy hearts from the kids who's parent's made them bring something for everyone. But that didn't seem to be a thing here at Hogwarts and he was grateful for that. He had tried to dress up a little and grabbed some snacks and a drink right away. Ethan wandered closer to the rose garden before lookup up at the string lights but quickly realized it wasn't string lights but...fairies? He took a few more steps with his eyes still trained upward when he ran into something solid. "Oh sorry!" he fumbled and realized he had spilt some of his drink on her outfit.

Pearl had been going around and suddenly someone was bumping into her, and a drink was spilled on her outfit. Pearl let out a scream, loud and over dramatic, "Oh my god!" she spoke loudly, trying to wipe the juice away, trying her best to really play it up. "This was my mother's dress, she wore it when she was my age, and now it's ruined, she's going to murder me!" Pearl spoke quickly, forcing herself to try to cry, since known of that was true but the boy didn't know that. "How could you be so selfish!" she said to the boy who'd bumped into her.

Ethan took a very quick step backwards when the girl screamed. He winced as she continued to yell at him and his neck started to sink into his shoulders. "I'm sorry!" he said again. "I didn't see you." he tried to explain but he didn't think she was really listening to him. He felt awful that it was apparently her mother's dress. But he also didn't understand why she was so angry. It wasn't that big of a wet spot and he was pretty sure the punch wasn't going to stain. "Um, there must be some kind of cleaning charm." he mumbled. He had seen some older students use it once but they hadn't covered it yet in his lessons. He also hadn't bothered to bring his wand to the dance. Ethan tried to see if there were any professor's or prefects around that he could ask for help, but it looked like he was on his own.

Pearl gave a long wail in response to him speaking, she wasn't even really listening to what was being said, because why would she, what would be the point in that. She didn't care if it had clearly been an accident, that wasn't the point of what she was opting to do, how she was opting to react. "How could you just be so cruel," she continued, speaking loudly and sharply, "I must sit down!" she held out an arm to him so she could be guided to a chair, or a chair brought to her.

Ethan shot another panicked look around the hall, hoping someone would notice what was happening and come help. He winced as she let out a long wail and wondered why no one else seemed concerned. He bristled at being called cruel but he shook it off quickly since she was still actively making a scene. He didn't really know what was happening anymore but when she held out her arm he took in awkwardly with his one free hand and tried to direct her in the direction of a chair. "Um, it's going to be alright." he said tentatively. He had no idea if things were going to be alright ever again at this rate but that was the kind of soothing thing you said at a time like this.

Pearl allowed herself to be dragged to a chair by the boy and let herself be sat down. She moved to look at the still wet top of her dress. It actually really wasn't that bad. "This dress was priceless, I'll have you know," she said to him with a sharp tone, her fake tears mostly forgotten, and just switching to her frustration, fake frustration. "I hope you are ready to pay for fixing this," Pearl added wiith as much indignation in her tone as she could manage.

Ethan was grateful she didn't put up a fight and he was able to get her into a chair. Somehow he thought she might be easier to manage if she was sitting down. But she wasn't letting up and the longer this whole interaction went on the more desperately he was looking for a way out of it. He spared a moment to get a better look at the dress. It really didn't seem damaged at all. "I don't think that's true." he said to himself under his breath and tried to look for any older kid at all who might have their wand. He could have sworn he had seen Zelda use a cleaning charm around the house what was it...Scoury? Scrify? He couldn't remember it and it was driving him crazy. Ethan glanced back at her when she asked if he was willing to pay. "I guess." he said weakly. If he agreed maybe he could leave.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back