Just One Frozen Moment

Elowen Rydderch

OOC First Name
Cole
The base dropped from the loud speakers around Elowen Rydderch as she stepped foot into a familiar club. Friday nights, when she wasn't busy, were like this. she spent her time aparating to different magical clubs until she was too exhausted to stand, then by that point she'd usually made a friend, or a kind bartender would take her home. To anyone inside the mind of the seventeen year old girl, it would be sad to know that when she wasn't exhausting herself over books - pouring her heart out to be the best rather than happy - she was exhausting herself by drinking until she got sick. Elowen felt guilty occasionally for putting that kind of poison in her body, but tonight she couldn't care less. The woman was going to have a blast if it killed her. So as she rubbed her hands across the lace that covered her arms, she made her way to the back of the club. Assorted people shouted and screamed, but she didn't feel the need to respond or party yet. That might come when she was three drinks in and a little less stressed.

The petite blonde pulled at her skirt slightly, tucking it under her legs as she finally made it to the bar to sit. "Something sweet." She ordered with a tone that suggested an age much younger than she was. she couldn't handle the crowds without a spritzer of sorts - a daiquiri would even be nice. However the bartender thought perhaps she'd come in with a fake ID, and asked her for it once more. The blonde, all too used the harassment, handed the tiny piece of plastic over. Her frail frame and thinned hair made her look much younger than the adult she was. The man behind the bar disappeared with the ID and presumably took it to someone who was just going to tell her what she already knew. She sighed, setting her head down on the bar and looking out at the dance floor. Finally the bartender came around with her drink and her Id, apologizing more than once for not believing her. In Welsh she muttered, "D@mn straight you're apologizing. Idiot." She then took a sip of her drink and turned around in her seat, giving herself a minor toast. "To tonight." She said with a smile expecting great things to come of bar hopping this night. Though Elowen didn't think she would be going home with everyone, she still expected to have a good time once she got a few drinks in her.

Patrick Cavanaugh was back in New Zealand now, though it can't really have been that surprising. He had a couple of business deals to wrap up before he could head back to England. So in order to get his mind clear of everything he had been going through the last couple of days, with his wife and Adrian and even Teresa, who'd recently decided to contact him about child support, he had to wind down. Kaye and Karlia was still only little and he really didn't like babies if he was entirely honest, so he tended to leave all of that up to Camilia. She was their mother and she probably preferred if he didn't have much of a hand in their upbringing anyway. Since she is convinced that he stuffed up Kyle, which Patrick denied vehemently, he blamed it on Camilia continuously molly coddling the boy. It was ridiculous really. Still, he supposed he was somewhat to blame and he supposed that maybe he was being a little harsh on Teresa and Alexis, how old was she now, four? Something to that side of the scale anyway. He was realising that he really needed an heir and it was really the only reason he'd gone along with Camilia's idea for another baby, only to be stuck with twins, figures.

Patrick was coming to the end of his pub crawl now, he hadn't picked anyone up, but that was okay, he tended not to these days. He was getting a lot busier more frequently and he still had Adrian to contend with. Well, he supposed that it wasn't too bad. He'd been to see her whilst he was here actually. She was in New Zealand after all. Cracking his fingers as he walked into the bar, Patrick was about to walk over and sit in one of the stools to the side when he noticed a lovely young women sitting towards the middle, a spare seat next to her and she was toasting either an invisible entity, or herself. His money was on the latter. He smirked and sat next to her, ordering himself a fire whisky and turning to introduce himself to the girl. "Name's Patrick. You?" She was absolutely stunning from what he could see of her in this light, her skirt was high and her top low. Three guesses what she was looking for tonight and were she willing, Patrick would be only too happy to oblige.

Elowen hadn't particularly expected anyone to approach her this early in the night. Sure the blonde wasn't unaccustomed to having her drinks bought for her, but she had only just arrived before a man took a seat next to her. Ell's brown orbs offered a sideways glance. She was not yet confident enough to start a conversation, but she was not uptight as she was during studying either. So when the man boldly introduced himself, she offered him a small smiled, and turned on the bar stool to face him just slightly, her body more turned toward the bar tender than the man whom had addressed her. Extending the hand that didn't have her drink in it, she reached to shake his. Her fingers shook slightly, cold in the pub though it was warm. She was sure that her hand felt like that of an ice sculpture's, but it wasn't as if she could help it really. They had warmed up considerably since she'd began eating more regularly, though. "Elowen." She replied, her smile a bit wider now.

The man whom approached was not quite the type of guy she was accustomed to being approached by. He seemed older, though it didn't distract from his attractiveness. Elowen did have to admit she was a sucker for dark colored eyes after all. She looked back to the bar tender whom was returning with a fire whiskey for the man, and she crinkled her nose. "I'll never understand the attraction to fire whiskey." She said with a laugh. "I'm more of a Scotch girl myself." Her eyes glanced to her drink which was a tequila sunrise - not exactly what she'd expected but she couldn't complain about it either. it would still help her to ease up a little. The blonde tugged at her sleeves a bit, keeping them in their proper place. She wondered if the low cut top looked out of place on her thin frame, but was sure it didn't matter. "So, what brings you to the loudest pub in Zealand?" She asked him, attempting to make small talk.

Patrick frequented bars a lot. It was a pastime that he rarely got to enjoy whilst on business, so it was usually back in London, but he was lucky to have finished up the majority of his work, this week, fairly quickly. It meant that he would have a stiff drink and enjoy the company of people that weren't stiff, serious business men. He dreaded the day he ever became like them, though to be honest, after all these years, he doubted it would happen now. He was glad of that to be honest. He hated stuffy people. They annoyed him more then he cared to admit. Instead, he was going to sit here for as long as it took him to enjoy himself and nothing was going to stop it. Patrick turned and smiled at the girl as she introduced herself. Her hand was cold, very cold, he figured it was from whatever she was drinking as the bar itself was rather warm. "You have a very beautiful name, Elowen." Patrick thought it made her sound like an Angel, or perhaps a nymph. Was it a plant of some sort? He wasn't good with names generally, not in that fashion. Not that it really mattered he guessed. "Where's it from, if you don't mind my asking?" Patrick didn't want to offend her this early in the conversation after all.

Patrick laughed slightly as his whiskey was placed in front of him and his companion commented on her dislike of firewhiskey. He held his glass up in salute to her before taking a sip and placing it back on the table. "I like to think that it's all in the name. Fire Whiskey. Sounds extreme." Patrick had been drinking fire whiskey since he was first able to sneak it out of his father's study. He was accustomed to it these days. It was just something he knew and was comfortable with. "Scotch is an excellent choice though. You must be a woman of good tastes." Camilia was not a scotch person. Patrick appreciated scotch people. Patrick shrugged silghtly as he took another sip of his drink and thought about why he was in the loudest pub in New Zealand. "Not really a particular reason. I finished up some business I had about an hour ago and this place looked good." He returned the question to her before taking another sip of his drink.

Elowen finished her tequila rather quickly, then glanced at the bartender. He walked over after meeting her eyes. "Something cherry this time, if you could." She preferred alcohols with grenadine in them anyways, as the artificial cherry flavor was sweet but not overwhelming. Once she'd asked for another drink she turned to the man who was addressing her. A faint rose color touched her cheeks at his complement and she laughed briefly. "Thank you, it's Welsh. I'm originally from Wales." She commented, clarifying her name and her accent, in case it came up in conversation. Being that she often traveled for her clinical works she got that question fairly frequently. She did mind to terribly answering it, she was proud of her heritage after all. Though there were some that mistook her for Scottish. She no longer became frustrated, as she had picked up some of the lighter bits of the accent - having attended school in that country for seven years.

She found herself laughing again, sipping her drink to sooth her throat which seemed parched. At least the man whom had chosen to take a seat with her was funny. A good sense of humor would help ease her into a friendship - though she was doubtful that a man of his age would want to be friends. While Elowen wasn't sure what his age was, she could tell he was a fair bit older than her. Her guess was he was probably in his thirties or older. "i don't like to brag, but i think I am." She gave him a coy grin, sipping quietly from her drink. She already felt slightly buzzed, the alcohol only took ten minutes rather than the normal twenty to hit her. She would probably drink a soda of sorts after this to keep from losing her head too early in the night. "What kind of business do you do? If I can ask of course. I mean, if your a spy I don't want you to have to kill me if you tell me." She joked, her sense of humor rather dry. Crimson, her best friend, had always appreciated it though.

Patrick smiled to himself at the faint blush he was privy to. It was only small so he was almost sure he'd not seen it, but after a lifetime filled with women, he had learned the subtle intricacies of these things and could see them even in the darkened rooms of a bar. "Well that's very interesting, I once had a... friend who was welsh, she was a very lovely woman." She'd taught him a number of things too, many years ago now. If he remembered rightly, it was even before he'd married Camilia. "It's a beautiful country. I've only been there once admittedly, but that was enough. I would like to go back some day, when time allows." He took a sip of his drink and angled himself to better communicate with the much younger woman. Girl really, she was likely only barely legal. But that had never stopped him before. "I'm assuming you went to Hogwarts Scotland too then?" It was completely a stab in the dark, she might have gone to Beauxbatons for all he knew, but she didn't seem the prissy type that he often associated with that school. If she went to Beauxbatons all of his preconceived notions would obviously have been rather bad. He didn't like being wrong, so he rather hoped she was a Hogwarts Scotland girl.

Patrick threw his head back and laughed. He definitely liked this girl and was glad that he had chosen to sit next to her. She seemed to know what was what and could match his wit without even trying. He liked that in a person, because so few rarely could. He raised his glass to her in a show of solidarity before taking another sip. "Well, at least you're honest. No-one can fault you there." He told her, still laughing slightly from her small admission. He laugh grew in volume slightly when she mentioned his job. He shook his head and shrugged at her. "No, not something quite so elaborate. I don't think I would enjoy the possibility of being shot at on a daily basis." A funny thing to say considering the nature of his relationship with his wife. Even Adrien for that matter. "No, I'm afraid that I'm only a business man. It's still rather interesting though." Not half as interesting as it used to be before started hiring his secretaries. Sometimes he thought all his troubles would be over if he just divorced her, but he'd never do that, he did love Camilia, he just got bored and she would get the company.

Elowen gave a slight grin to the way "friend" rolled off his tongue. It was the tone of someone who did not want to admit that friend could have meant one night stand or long term bust. Regardless Ellie wasn't one to judge. She herself had had her fair share of scandalous affairs after all. That wasn't anything she was ashamed of outwardly, though she knew her reasons for these affairs were less than savory. The men thought they were the ones who were leaving her broken - but there was nothing you could do to further break her spirit. She took another sip of the alcohol, buzzing in her head helping to ease that slight sorrow. It was like a sunset, that crept up and then left suddenly - but when sadness left it did not always bring happiness. Her lips upturned in a smile, fizz running down the back of her throat keeping her emotions in check. "I did indeed, proud claw!" She said, making a slight hook with her pointer finger, almost as a pirate's hand. By this point she was feeling a little more loose with her humor, able to make jokes with ease instead of forcing a kind of laugh that was not her style. She then nodded towards him, "what about you?" Inquiring if he had attended that school.

"Well, I think I'd rather go home with a business man than a spy, if it's any consolation." Elowen finished her drink, and asked for another. She told herself she would stop after two, but the conversation was going well, and she'd just gotten the most forward part of it out of the way. She needed a little more courage, so she ordered another scotch, on the rocks of course. From over the rim of the drink she'd just been given, Elowen's dark eyes glanced at the man, his next move really deciding if she'd have a fun night, or just another night stumbling home alone to watch that new series on lifetime. She hated life time, but it wasn't so bad if someone were three sheets to the wind.

Patrick took another sip of his drink and smiled at the much younger girl beside him. She was indeed a very beautiful girl, with blonde hair to boot. Blonde hair had always been a big turn on for Patrick, maybe if Camilia had blonde hair he wouldn't play up on her so much. He wasn't entirely sure though, he'd played up on her with brunette's, ginger's and all manner of other hair colours. Mostly it stemmed from her lack of willingness to do what he wanted. Most of his hookups were pleasing for both parties. Camilia was just boring. It was sad really, because she was gorgeous. Although they now had more kids to worry about. At least he could leave that with her and not worry about it. He was on lots of "business trips" these days. He didn't need to worry about anything else. He grinned at her when she admitted to being a Ravenclaw. That was amazing. His alumni. "What would you know? I was also a Ravenclaw. That's rather amusing. Of course I do believe I was graduated quite a while before you started." he wasn't shy, he knew that he was much older than she was, but it was part of his character. He was the sophisticated older, unattached business man. They could spend a night with him, then he'd be jet setting the next morning and they wouldn't have to worry. It was a formula that had been working for him for years.

Patrick was rather impressed however when Elowen told him straight out that she was willing to go home with him. It wasn't a definite, but she was letting him know her interest. Well, that made things so much easier for him. He took another sip of his drink and set it carefully on the counter. "Well, Elowen, I do believe we are of similar mind. First I do have a question for you." He reached his hand out and carefully traced her arm from the joint of her hand to the joint of her elbow. "Top or bottom?" It probably wasn't that big of a deal for most people, but Patrick liked to know what he was getting himself into. It was a simple enough question and if she knew what she was doing, she would know the question and would give the appropriate answer. He smiled at her before leaning closer to whisper in her ear. "You're place or mine?"

Elowen would never have continued talking to Patrick if she knew what was on his mind, if she knew about the ring that wasn't on his finger, and instead sat at home. She didn't deal with adultery, perhaps that was one redeeming quality. After all, all her other qualities were fuled by the voice of her disorder most times, such as who she loved and if they loved her or not. The answer was always not. Elowen, suddenly very away of herself - but still outwardly smiling - gripped at her own petite wrist gently. To an outside eye it might seem like a resting position, but she knew better. She was comforting herself. She smiled at him and nodded. "I wouldn't say it like that, people are going to think you're my grad dad." Of course Elowen would jest at him, the joking covered her emotions, and if they went down hill she wouldn't have as fun a night as she pictured. Perhaps that was why she was rushing the evening along a bit.

Ellie was struck with a question she hadn't expected - not in public at least. Her face heated up slightly, her stomach churned just lightly. Giving him a sly grin and looking him over she stated boldly, "I'll be anything you want, but I think my place would be best." She was more comfortable in her own satin sheets, and her sister was not going to be home till the next night, she thought. Elowen tossed a bit of money onto the counter and looked back at him. "Wll them, are we going or not?" She asked, unsure if he realized that yes they could go now. And yes, she really meant it. Though the feeling in her stomach told her tonight might be more difficult than she meant for it to be.

Patrick smiled at Elowen as he took another sip of his drink. Elowen was slightly younger than the women he usually went for, but after Adrien, he had discovered quite a liking for younger women, not that he would ever do anything illegal of that sort. He was a business man, not an idiot. She gripped her wrist and Patrick had to wonder if she might have been slightly nervous. It wouldn't be the first time after all. Many people used physical reassurances to ease their minds and was something that Patrick had done once-upon-a-time, though he was now well and truly over that phase. He covered he hand slightly with his and looked her in the eye. "I promise to go no further than you allow." Despite it all, Patrick was a gentle lover and he would like to pay someone to find anyone that would disagree. He was patient, careful and gentle when the time called for it. He always took a girl's wishes into consideration and he always made sure to check with them first. That was the way a physical relationship worked. He knew that, but couldn't seem to work out the appropriate amount of give and take when it came to Camilia. Instead he sought comfort in others. It had worked for their entire marriage, why would he want to change anything now?

"Haha, I would say that I am older than you, my dear, and there is nothing you can do about that." It was sweet that she was trying to pull it down, but it was already there, it wasn't something he was going to start denying now, despite how much he might wish to be her age again. He finished off his drink as she answered his question (Best answer he'd ever heard!) and took her hand as she mentioned heading to her house for their night. It was preferable to Patrick to be honest as it was much easier to leave than to make them leave. Most men preferred their own houses, but not Patrick, never. Though he would always leave it as the woman's choice, it was, after all, only fair. "Lead the way, Elowen and I shall follow."
End!​

Users who are viewing this thread

Back