Just Like A Tattoo

Faxen Lowart-Kozlova

OOC First Name
Kait
Sexual Orientation
Dymetris ❤
Wand
Oak 14 3/4" Essence of Raven Feather
Faxen Lowart fiddled with the shiny diamond ring on her index finger as she examined her appearance in the long mirror hanging in her bedroom in the small one bedroom flat she was currently renting. The dark circles under her eyes were not so prominent once she put make-up on. In fact, Faxen looked almost herself again which is what Enzo Cavell intended. This was not the apartment that she had originally wanted. However, she could hardly live there after what happened.

It was early June, just a week after graduation. Faxen and Dymetris were looking for their first apartment together. Finally, Faxen had found one that was absolutely perfect and within their price range. He had caught her completely off guard. It was like slow motion. The brunette saw him drop to one knee and pull a small leather box out of his pocket. When it clicked open, she saw the diamond ring inside. Dumbfounded, Faxen listened as he professed his love for her. He told her that he had loved her since their first kiss. He wanted to spend his life with her. He wanted to marry her and live together in their new home. He remained on one knee, waiting with an anxious look on his handsome face. Yet, she had just stared at him, her caramel eyes wide. At some point during her silence, Dymetris had risen back to his feet, asking for an answer. Slowly, she shook her head no. It wasn't what she wanted. Faxen wanted her career before getting into marriage and family. She thought that she had made all of these things clear to him when he had talked marriage at the Yule ball. They had agreed to taking it one step at a time! The first step being living together. An argument had ensued, and Faxen had shouted things that she did not mean. The tears came right after the shouting began. Faxen had tried to give the beautiful ring back to Dymetris, but he wouldn't take it. Now, it rested on her right index finger where she twirled it in circles.

Two months later, Faxen was still grieving her lost love. He had tried to contact her, but she hadn't responded. It was too painful. She spent the first month holed up in her apartment watching sad old muggle chick flicks and crying. Then, two weeks ago, she purchased Quality Quidditch Supplies. It gave her something to fill her days with. The brunette knew that the way she had been wallowing about was not healthy. Tonight, Enzo had insisted that she go out with him to help take her mind off of her break up with Dymetris. She thought the most effective method of temporary memory loss was alcohol, and she intended to consume a lot of it tonight. So, here she stood in front of the mirror checking her appearance. Faxen's hair was curled and she was dressed in a beautiful dress. She just didn't feel right without Dymetris. "Enzo, are you sure I look alright?" she asked him uncertainly.

Life goes on. Lawrence Andrew Call or just Enzo, decided to go back to London after attending Faxen's graduating. They had a few chats but he couldn't stay any longer especially when he received an emergency call from his mother, worried about his father; who happens to be in the hospital sick. Some flu he caught from a trip to Cambodia, he needed to hurry back but promised that he'll Faxen again. Enzo's father recovered after a month, and things went well from then on. He went back to his career, fulfilling his duties and such. Returning back to his pad as well, and for the past few weeks nothing interesting much happened although he does seem to miss Faxen a lot. In attempt to reach her, Enzo decided to call her but there was no answer at all, he grew worried of his friend. It's been a month since he last saw her, and that was during graduation. So, the first thing in the morning he decided to apparate in New Zealand, since it's the closest thing he could think of where Faxen may be. That was when he received an invitation from Faxen to join her, seeing this would be happening tomorrow. Enzo went to the nearest hotel and got himself a room, quite excited to see Faxen. The night passed by so fast and in the morning, Enzo woke up dialing room service. A breakfast platter soon revealed in front of him as he open the door half naked.

"Ooops, sorry about that." he said to the chamber maid who was assign to deliver his food, a sly smile on his face. Returning back inside, he finished his meal and took a bath. Leaving after lunch, Enzo decided to move their meeting this night time. And when night strucked, Enzo changed into his casual suit and made his way to Faxen. He didn't know what to expect of her, mostly he didn't know what career she had chosen after graduation, in which he'll know once he sees her. A thought inside his head pushed through, Dymetris and Faxen. Along with the invitation, Enzo heard that they had a massive break up of some sort. It was devastating to hear about Faxen's heart break but deep inside he couldn't lie to himself that, that news made hims somewhat relieved and happy. Though he didn't want to be selfish, Enzo tried his best to act as casual as he can for Faxen tonight. They were meeting at Faxen's new apartment, he looked at the address and stood in front of the door. Knocking three times, but no one answered and he grew worried. He insisted to enter the premises and saw Faxen, looking stunning as she faced the mirror. Although she looked beautiful as always, he could see a hint of sadness in her eyes. "You look stunning as always." he answered, smiling to his best friend.

Faxen tried to smile at the compliment that Enzo offered her, but it didn't reach her eyes like a real smile. It was difficult to smile when it felt like there was a gaping hole ripped straight through her chest, taking her heart with it. "Thank you." Faxen said, smoothing her dress down. "It's good to see you, Enzo." the brunette told her best friend. She was very glad that he had come to visit because she really needed him right now. Somehow, Enzo always knew how to make her feel better. That was part of the reason why they had been able to remain friends for so many years despite the arguments and differences between them. Faxen walked over to where Enzo was standing and wrapped her arms around him in a hug. "Thank you for coming." she said in a shaky voice, determined not to cry in front of him. She hadn't told him exactly what happened, and she wasn't sure that she wanted to just yet. In fact, she hadn't told anyone the whole story. Really, Faxen just wanted to forget even if it was only for one night.

Faxen pulled away from Enzo and walked to the kitchen. She had already been drinking as she put the half drank bottle of wine back in the refrigerator. The slender young woman polished off her glass, setting the empty one in the sink to clean up later. "Are you ready to go?" she asked, not waiting for his answer as she got her keys. While Faxen preferred to live like a muggle, Enzo didn't. The slender brunette tugged him out the door, locking it behind her. There was a classy little wizarding club that she knew of, and she thought Enzo would like it. Faxen took Enzo's hand, hoping that he wouldn't mind as she apparated them there. The last time Faxen had walked through these doors, she had been on someone else's arm. Faxen was determined not to think of that someone else for the rest of the night. She was going to get good and drunk. Tonight, Faxen was going to flirt shamelessly. Anything to forget him. He haunted every other thought in her mind. Tomorrow, she would try to go on with her life. She headed straight for the bar, ordering straight martini. "So, what do you think?" she asked Enzo while waiting for the bartender to bring her the drink that she had asked for.

This kind of things could only happen in his dreams, Enzo never imagines to spend such a long period of time with Faxen. Mostly they would only meet for an hour or a two, he was thankful. Other than complimenting his friend, he didn't know what to say. "You too Faxen, you too." he replied looking at her. Adoring how beautiful she is and knowing he could never cross the line of their friendship, especially not like this. Setting aside his thought, Enzo felt blessed to accompany Faxen tonight, for what ever cause it may. He knew something's wrong and didn't want to talk about it further, he didn't want to ruin this moment. The hug caught him off guard but other than acting negatively about, Enzo let her hugged him. In which he returned her the favor of hugging her back too, "No problem." he managed to mumble still hugging her. The scent of her skin, make his head swirl for a bit, it was something different than the usual girl he used to hug. He didn't want to make a huge fussed about it so he decided to let go for a bit, until Faxen finally withdrew away from him. "I'm ready if you are?" he answered as his eyes wandered for a bit noticing the empty bottle of wine on and a glass on the sink. Enzo didn't want to talk about it, it was not his place to argue with her.

Soon the two apparated and arrived at some classy wizarding club, this would be his second time here. He decided not to tell her that he already came here a few months ago, seeing him as a flirt and having on and off relationship with some strangers. As they entered, a few people looked at him. Familiar faces, old and new. He kept his attention to Faxen, hoping that they didn't came here to get too drunk. "Lovely." Enzo said, even though at the back of his mind he knew he was in for some trouble. The bartender greeted the two and he nodded in a respectful way, waiting for Faxen's order. On the other hand he spared himself to order a drink, he surely doesn't want for them to be drunk tonight. "Faxen, do tell me why are we really here?" he asked her, raising his left eyebrow while looking deeply into her brown eyes. Enzo made sure to be ready for the news and the first thing on his mind or rather his guess would be that Faxen and that Dymetris guy finally end their lovey dovey relationship, in which he dreamed to hear for so long.

The bartender showed back up with the drink she had asked for. She thanked him and handed him the appropriate amount of money. The brunette pressed the glass to her lips, shuttering slightly as the liquor hit her throat. It struck her as a bit odd that Enzo didn't want anything to drink as she knew that he was no stranger to alcohol. Faxen chose not to comment on it. Instead, she knocked back her drink, placing the empty glass on the counter. The stunning girl heard his question and shook her head slightly. "We are here to have a good time." she said, knowing he wouldn't believe that lie. He always seemed to know when she was lying. The look he gave her told her that he would not let that be her only answer. Faxen pursed her lips, unsure how to proceed. Her caramel eyes looked down at the ground before flicking back up at his face. In them, deep pain was reflected. She might as well tell him exactly what had happened. "Dymetris and I broke up a few weeks ago." she told him, trying to keep her composure. "We were looking for a place for us to live and we found the perfect place. It was exactly what I wanted and in a great location too." she said with a sad smile, looking up at him. "And he just drops to one knee...and right then and there he pulls out the most beautiful ring I have ever seen and asks if I will marry him." she says, talking fast. Faxen continued without taking a breath. "I thought he understood! I thought he knew! I'm not ready to be anyone's wife!" she said, her voice revealing the anger that she felt by Dymetris' surprise.

"We argued. I left. I don't return his phone calls, or letters. I just can't do it. I love him, but I want my career. I want to play music. I just can't get married right now. He was supposed to know that. I told him that and he agreed that moving in together was enough for now!" Faxen said with a few tears welling up in her eyes. She brushed them away quickly. The brunette had spent too many hours crying over Dymetris. She couldn't stand to be alone anymore. The loneliness only made her wish for Dymetris even more. She loved him still. She couldn't help it. Faxen gave Enzo her attention back. "So there you have it. I ruined my own life. I made myself this unhappy. I'm pathetic. I cry over something that is entirely my own fault." Faxen said, shaking her head. She felt the urge for another drink. She turned around, wanting to order another one for herself when the bartender appeared with one already in hand. "Here you are, miss. From the gentleman across the way." Faxen nodded her head, looking to where he pointed. She hoped that her face did not show any tears as she tried to give her most winning smile in thanks for the drink. It was exactly what she had ordered before, a vodka martini. On another night, she might have gone to the man and made conversation and let the chips fall where they may. He was attractive, and that was what she had done so many other nights since the break-up. However, tonight she had Enzo by her side which made her feel much better about it all. Not so lonely. She thought if she begged him to stay the night that he probably would as her friend. She knocked this drink back as well. Her slender body was beginning to feel the numbness. She sighed as it made the pain so much more tolerable. Faxen looked back to Enzo, wondering how he thought of her. Did he think less of her now?

Usually Enzo would enjoy being inside a bar as this, but for some reason he couldn't help worry about his friend Faxen. He knew she isn't okay, that there must be a reason behind her smile. One name, one boy. Dymetris. Enzo knew this was coming and of course he'll be there to comfort her as always, through thick and thin. Facing Faxen, he waited for her response, her reaction, anything from her. There was something in her eyes, that she wanted to tell her but there's always that way, where she can directly say her problem. Which was nice of her since Enzo hated to read minds, well at least for now. Bracing himself, he folded his knees and looked at her once more, followed by his blank face as silence surrounded them. For a moment he bit his lips, during this time all he could do was drink with a girl, comfort her and take her to bed. It's the easiest way to hook-up really, but this isn't any ordinary girl. This girl, is Faxen and believe it or not deep into his heart, he may somehow be falling for her or it's either he just feels lonely right now. For what's it worth, he knew this would happen, the break-up, Faxen calling for his help and Enzo taking an advantage. Poor Enzo, all he could do was pat her back and watch her, letting her speak her mind until she's done.

The auror reached his clean handkerchief inside his pocket and handed it to her, but before she could notice it. Enzo decided to do it for her, and just like that he wiped her tears away from her face. He didn't bother if he was getting a little bit close to her, he would do the same thing for a friend. Taking a deep breath, he knew that this would be his signal to say something, talk about awkward. "Sounds to me you've broken up officially." he said in a low face, this time not facing her but looking at the bar, and focusing on one bottle of whisky. He could use some, but as he promised to himself there won't be any alcohol in his system for tonight. "Faxen.." he trailed of, this time looking deeply into her eyes. Damn, how beautiful she is. "It's not your entire fault, don't put yourself in too much pain just because of what happened. You're amazing you know that, any boy would be so lucky to have you and it's his loss not yours. I'm sorry for what happened, but don't think that you've ruined your life, or that your pathetic. I know you're stronger than this." Enzo stated, while slowly reaching for her, and cupping her cheeks. "I know you'll get past by this, I know you'll be alright." this time stroking her smooth cheeks. He didn't like seeing a friend get hurt, but he knew Faxen too well to be broken by such a boy who doesn't appreciate her as much as anyone could.

Just when things got all sentimental, Enzo smiled. Assuring her that everything will be alright as long as he's with her, and unfortunately at the wrong timing a guy gave him another drink. Talk about rude, still he let it passed by. "I think you had enough, how about let's go home and continue our talk there." he mused, as he called the bartender and payed for the bill. He couldn't bare seeing her like this anymore, getting drunk. Without another word, Enzo led Faxen out of the bar and when they were out she carried her and apparated back to Faxen's place. Leading her to her bed, while watching her there. Only a few minutes now before she doze of, and he'll be there watching her sleep and he'll stay until she wakes up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back