OOC First Name
Kait
Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Married
Wand
12" Ash wand with tail of unicorn hair core
Kiera was nervous about the exams that started tomorrow. She wanted to do brilliantly to help her chances at being promoted to Head Girl. She had gone to most of her classes throughout the year but she still felt unprepared. She didn't know if she was ready to step up as a 7th year. Kiera had attended the recent graduation on the invitation of James Potter. It made her feel like she was not ready to be graduating, luckily she had a whole other year to figure out what she wanted with her life. The ceremony had been beautiful, though Kiera did not plan on telling Alex, when and if she got him to talk to her, that she had gone for James.

Kiera headed down to the pitch, carrying her Streak in her hand. She wanted to relieve some of the stress and tension in her mind. She felt like being reckless and careless for a bit. Kiera knew that she should not be doing what she was about to do. She was going to combine more of her gymnastics tricks with her broom. If Alex were speaking to her, this would probably upset him. At least he didn't have to know.

Kiera placed her broom on the grass. Carefully, she stepped on it before commanding it skyward. She only levitated 10 feet off the ground. She then jumped off, grabbing the broom with her hands. Kiera spun on it like she would the uneven bars. She practiced a few grip changes before trying a release. She did a simple one that she landed easily. She whipped around her broom a few more times before trying a harder release move. On this one, Kiera didn't quite get her hands back to her broom in time. She braced herself for a hard landing on the ground.

Ginny had some free time on her hands and saw the weather was dry at least. A big smile came onto her face and she felt like some more training would be in order. She twirled and skipped down to the Quidditch pitch, her nimbus in her hand lightly. As she entered the pitch a wee while later she was met with the scene of someone falling off their broom at some height. Ginny's mouth hung open slightly, before her quick reflexes made her pull her wand out.
'Planerio,' she casted on the moving object, hoping that today wouldn't be the day where she managed to not concentrate on the spell enough. She couldn't even remember if this was a spell or not right now. But it did work and Ginny felt so pleased. She lower the person gently to the ground before discharging the spell of it's power. She rushed over to the person, noticing it was Kiera.
'Oh, hey Kiera. You ok?' she asked her, smiling.

Kiera felt her body slow down as she fell. She knew that someone had to have seen her and charmed her. Kiera sighed. Why did people always have to catch her at her most unimpressive moments. Kiera blinked as she looked around to see who it was that caught her. Ginny, who also happened to be Alex's friend. Kiera couldn't help but wonder if Alex had said anything to her about Kiera's night in the tower with JP. Kiera blushed slightly.

"Thanks Ginny. That would have hurt a pretty good bit." Kiera said with a smile to the younger girl. Kiera had suffered quite a few falls in her day. This one would have been in the top ten though. "I always have like falling." she joked. "Congrats on the House cup." Kiera said in a pleasant tone. She wished Gryffindor could have had it but she was satisfied with her season.

Ginny laughed. 'No problem Kiera. It was the least I could do to stop by friend getting hurt,' she replied to Kiera, smiling.
'Yes. I know. I've always seemed to had that as well...on the ground,' she agreed before letting her broom hover slightly off the ground, and resting against it like a ledge. She always seemed to have had a habit of doing that since first year and they stood around listening to the Prof for so long before flying.
'Thank you. I truly think Estrella deserves the win. She worked so hard being keeper all these years on the quidditch team and not getting the chance to play a good game till this year,' Ginny commented before sticking her tongue out at Kiera.
'Course, Gryffindor put up a good match.' she added jokingly.

Kiera laughed, at least she liked falling too. "The ground and I have been friends for many years now." she said with another laugh. It was true that she constantly fell when she pushed herself to far. Kiera shrugged as the talk returned to Qudditch. "It was the same for us. I wanted the win for Bruin and Cyndi. Its hard to believe they actually graduated!" she said grinning. It had been wonderful to see her friends walk across the stage. Kiera smirked playfully at Ginny. "You better believe we will have a stronger game next year. Y'all won't do so well without Estrella keeping next year." she said as she stuck her tongue out at Ginny. It was all good humor of course. Kiera would never intentionally be mean to anyone but Nina.

Ginny laughed as Kiera joked about the ground being her friend.
'Oh yes,' she chipped in still laughing lightly. She put a straight face on, though it was a very hard thing to do, and sighed.
'I know. We'll probably never get to have another cup coming for us ever again with Estrella being there,' she said sadly, before hoping onto her broom.
'We'll be even better,' she joked with her a big grin back on her face. Timing it perfectly, she blew a raspberry at Kiera out of good humor and started to zoom off before she had a chance to send a response out to Ginny.

Kiera laughed as Ginny sped away on her broom. "Keep on dreaming!" she shouted, not sure if Ginny could hear her or not. Kiera placed her broom back on the ground. She stepped back on it. She closed her eyes and willed it to raise just about 5 feet in the air. She opened her eyes with determination gleaming in them. She started with a simple back tuck. It was something she had master a couple of years back. Kiera grinned as she landed it perfect. Now if she could figure out how to do a full on the broom....

Ginny laughed as Kiera joked back. She turned on her broom and hovered watching Kiera trying to do a trick on the broom. She wondered if Kiera could do that in the air, trying to score a goal. Flying nearer to her she smiled.
'Back tuck on the broom?' she asked her, just to make sure that's what it was.
Ginny had spent ages trying to that trick and was just getting the hang of it now. She was happy to help Kiera as best as she much as she could if she wanted.

Kiera grinned as Ginny saw what she was trying to do. "Yeah exactly." she said, remembering Ginny actually knew Gymnastics. Kiera turned to face Ginny, while still standing on the broom. "I have a more practical use for it in games. I have been able to do that trick since like 2nd year." she told her friend. "What I'm trying to learn now is full on the broom. But I probably wont land it so I have to be close to the ground." she said, smiling.

Ginny whistled. 'A full? Really? Yeah, that trick has been known to be a devil,' she replied, laughing. She remembered when she tried it for the first time. She nearly ended up breaking her back.
'I would do it on the ground if I were you. Sore things when you fall,' she added, though she hardly thought Kiera would follow that.
'I usually wait till it's full steam ahead before I use the move now. Helps when you're playing Slytherin,' she added, before rolling her eyes. Vaulting over Henric had just been a lucky escape in her mind though. She didn't even care if people thought her reckless after that.
'Here, I'll show you how I've managed to do it,'Ginny decided. She stood onto her broom and stood at the front. Leaning onto her front, she bent down slightly, making her broom go forwards. The broom then did 180 degree turn to end up flying backwards. At which point Ginny leant on her back foot, springing off. A full was performed in the air and she tucked her knees to her chest last minute to land and the broom, before flying back to Kiera and sitting again. She smiled at her friend.
'It's a bit messy but I found it works with a quaffle in hand,' she told Kiera shrugging.

Kiera laughed as Ginny told her to try it on the ground first. Kiera shook her head. "I can do it easily on the ground. I just wanted to be able to do it in the air." she said, grinning. She watched as Ginny managed to do it in the air. Kiera clapped her hands. "Impressive." she said, meaning it. It had been a bit sloppy but Kiera was just a perfectionist when it came to tumbling. Kiera hovered five feet of the ground. She took a deep breath before preforming a full as she would on the balance beam. It was clean and she stuck the landing. Kiera grinned at Ginny. "How did that look?" she asked her friend.

Ginny laughed as she said it was done easily on the ground. She had actually meant on the broom to get the whole balance thing but she let it go, not bothering to repeat it.
Watching Kiera doing an almost perfect move on the broom. In fact she made Ginny slightly envious that she was so good with her gymnastics but she was still very happy for her friend. Clapping as she asked how it was, she nodded. 'Almost perfect. Hang on. Practice a bit more while I get us some practice for the match.' Ginny told her enthusiastically before flying to the cupboard with all the kit was. She jumped off her broom and opened one of the crates to find a quaffle. She picked it up gently, tossing it into the air slightly and catching it with her other hand. Perfect.
Jumping back onto her broom, she zoomed over to Kiera before giving her a cunning smile. 'Here, try it with a quaffle chaser,' she told her before chucking it to her in an underarm curveball. Ginny was a baseball pro which is probably what made her a pretty good quidditch player. She had the catching skills for a keeper, the throwing skills for a chaser and the batting skills for a beater. The only thing she couldn't play well at was seeker She had a terrible eye for when it came to finding things.

Kiera smiled as Ginny told her it was almost perfect. "Thanks." she said as Ginny went off towards the storage unit. Kiera completed two more fulls on her broom. Kiera grinned at Ginny as she came back with a Quaffle in her hand. She tossed it to Kiera. Kiera caught it easily with an unsure look on her face. She didn't really know how this was going to work. She was nervous about landing the full when she couldn't use her arms. Kiera took a deep breath and gave it a try. However, she went crooked and ended up landing on the ground. She looked at Ginny, her cheeks turning red. "Good thing I was close to the ground." she said joking. Kiera climbed up on her broom to try again. Kiera made another attempt at a full with the Quaffle in her hand. She landed it this time. Kiera stood up smiling. "Yes!" she said happily.

Ginny winced as Kiera fell onto the ground on her first attempt. It looked painfull but she seemed ok so Ginny let her smile returned to her face as she watched her do it a second time. 'Great. Looks like you caught on it well before me,' she congratulated her. She was slightly envious that Kiera had caught it on so quickly and made it look so neat but she brushed it away, thinking it was because she could probably do the fulls perfectly on the ground before hand. Ginny couldn't do good fulls on the ground but on the broom she was fien with them which was where she had actually learnt about fulls to start with.
Smiling at her, she signaled with her finger to fly and try it. Flying the broom as well as performing tricks was even harder to do because you had to judge the speed very closely all the time.

Kiera smiled at Ginny's congratulations. She knew that she had caught on fast but Kiera had been working on her tricks since she was three years old. Kiera shook her head. "I have to catch on fast or I'll lose to the competition." she said teasingly with a wink. "Actually if you had put in as much work as I had over the years it would be a lot easier. Did you know that I was homeschool before Hogwarts so I could spend 8-10 hours a day at the gym everyday?" she said, remembering how happy she had been to come to a real school with other students. Kiera saw Ginny signal her to fly and do the same thing. Kiera grimaced as she knew this would be harder. Kiera flew forward and tried the trick again. Kiera fell three times. Each time she climbed back up though she was starting to get sore. Finally, on the fourth time she succeeded. She turned back to Ginny with a bright smile.

Ginny couldn't beleive that Kiera had actually homeschooled just for that. She felt sorry for her, thinking how sad her parents must of been to keep her away from all the friends she could've made if she had gone to school. Not too mention the whole fun of annoying the teachers and learning in general.
Ginny paused every time Kiera fell off her broom, making sure she was ok ish enough before continuing flying with her. She clapped successfully as Kiera managed it after several attempts. 'Great,' she replied, smiling. 'Now what about throwing it at the hoops and I'll be keeper,' she offered. It would help them both get practice as Ginny had to keep her position for all parts at a high standard unlike the actual players.

Kiera could tell that Ginny felt sorry for her being homeschooled for that amount of time. It hadn't really been bad in her eyes but she had missed out on having friends. That was why she had always been so friendly to everyone outside of school. Kiera was nervous as Ginny wanted her to fly at the hoops. That was high off the ground. Kiera would not be fine if she fell from that height. Kiera nodded her head though and rose into the air behind Ginny. She took off towards the goal. She preformed the trick perfectly but didn't know how well her aim was. She turned, looking back at Ginny with a grin on her face.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back