Just eating in!

Derrik Agile

OOC First Name
Luis
Wand
Ash Wand 14 1/4" Essence of Hair from the Tail of a Male Unicorn

GROWL! That was Derrik's stomach. It had been a quite a while since he'd been eating at the Great Hall. It was about 4pm and Derrik needed to eat something. With nothing else to do, he walked down the to the hall. Of course the hall was looking as good like it always did. Candles where being suspended in mid-air just like the beginning of the year.

Derrik went to grab a seat no where particular. He grabbed a plate and picked out a few little things first.

Noah was starving. Sure, he had only eaten a couple of hours ago, but he was a growing boy, and growing boys need their food! Especially freakishly tall ones like Noah. Okay, maybe he wasn't freakishly tall, but he was still rather lanky. Throwing on some red skinny jeans and a dark v-neck, Noah made his way down to the Great Hall. He looked around, and noticed that there weren't many people. So as not to look like a loner, Noah went and sat by a boy about his age eating alone. He didn't speak to him, not because he was anti-social, but mainly because he just wasn't an overly confident person. He wasn't really one to go up to people he didn't know, he just didn't know what to say.

Piling food onto his plate, Noah hummed quietly to himself. He was singer after all, and tried to keep his voice going as much as he could. Apparently he even sung in his sleep, on occasions. "Zomg, this looks good," he mumbled, partly to himself, but also to those around him. Picking up his fork, Noah began to eat his food politely, the way he'd been taught at home. It was funny how good his manners were, as it didn't really match his personality. Noah had always been a little crazy and messy, and yet he was very polite and softspoken when the situation called for it.

Derrik continued eating. Within time, he noticed a boy maybe about his age, quite taller than him, come by and take a seat wearing red skinny jeans and a v-neck. Derrik listened to him hum a tune as he sat down. All was kept in key. This boy grabbed some food and said something to himself. Maybe it was only loud enough for the nearby students to hear.

Derrik thought about what he had said. "Um...excuse me but may I ask....Zomg?" Derrik was fond of the internet chat lingo and possibly the schools as well. But this word had yet to climb into his dictionary of words to use on a daily basis.

Noah was just about to put a forkful of food in his mouth, when he heard a voice address him. Looking up, his mouth was still open, and his hand was still hanging in midair. "Oh," he laughed, putting his fork down. "It's just a random word I say sometimes.. OMG, with a Z at the front," he finished, before realising that the boy might not know what OMG meant. "Um, you do know what OMG is, right?" Noah asked. After all, the boy may have been totally oblivious to the Muggle world, in which case, he'd have to explain a lot of things.

Derrik laughed at himself. "Well, if I knew it was that easy I never would of asked LOL" As before Derrik was familiar with such lingo.

"Of course I know what OMG is. And who would you be?" Derrik said laughing mid sentence.
[font]

"ROFL!" Noah laughed, when the boy used LOL in a normal sentence. "Oh, I'm Noah. Noah James," he said, giving his full name. He then put his hand across the table to shake, as he usually did with new acquaintances.

"BRB.." he then said, shovelling some food into his mouth, and chewing politely. He knew that it was very rude to speak with one's mouth full.

The boy introduced himself as Noah James. He left out his hand to shake while he put food into his mouth. Either this was a natural thing for Noah to do or he was just trying to get a few kicks in.

"I'm Derrik. Derrik Agile." Derrik shook the boys hand.

Once he had finished eating, Noah put his hand back out and shook the boy's hand. "Nice to meet you, Derrik," he said, shaking firmly. "What year are you? I'm a first year.. Ravenclaw," Noah smiled, pleased to have met someone new. He was a bit of a loner at Hogwarts, so he was pleased whenever he met.. anyone!

"Nice to meet you too." Noah asked what house Derrik was in.

"Oh. Another RavenClaw? Don't get me wrong by that statement. I've got other Raven friends" Derrik ruffled his hair like he used to.

"I'm a second year Hufflepuff."

"Oh cool! What Ravenclaws do you know?" Noah asked, maybe he knew them too. Probably not, because he didn't know many people from his own house.. "Second year Hufflepuff? There seems to be heaps of those! My cousin is one too, so you must know her from classes or whatever," he smiled, wondering if the two were friends. He kept meeting VJ's friends actually.. it was quite odd.

"One Raven that I know goes by the name Rosalie. Although I haven't seen her for quite some time now. She's also a second year." Derrik thought about whether he knew Noah's cousin or not.

"I'm not sure about that. What's her name? I maybe too into my classes to even pay attention to anyone else." Derrik did feel like a geek mentioning that. It's just that, learning things about another culture that was unknown to someone is just interesting.

Noah listened as Derrik mentioned a second year Ravenclaw. "Oh, I don't know Rosalie," he laughed lightly. "Most of my friends are Hufflepuffs and Slytherins, oddly enough," he said, remembering how someone had told him Slytherins were horrible to Hufflepuffs. The ones he knew weren't like that, luckily.

"Ha yeah, I know what you mean.. I don't really talk much in class either. My cousin's name is Vivienne.. Vivienne Esquire," Noah said, forcing the surname out. He hated using that word, and didn't understand how VJ could be so proud of her family.

"Hmm...nope the name doesn't ring a bell but I'm sure I've seen her loads of times." Derrik grabbed some food to quite his stomach. Noah seemed to be really nice.

"Ahh okay. Yeah, VJ's too big a nerd for anyone to know," he joked, before eating some more food. The two of them were really close, and they made fun of each other a lot. He wasn't being mean, just joking around like he usually did. "So what's it like, being a second year? And a Hufflepuff?" Noah asked, wondering if the work got much harder, or if it was any different being in another house.

Being questioned of being a Hufflepuff.

"Well, I'm sure it's like being in any other house with just a few tweaks. We have our problems every now and then but we get the fixed. And as for being a second year...well sometimes its just more work but its alright. Can't stay a first year forever."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back