Just Dossing around

Kaede was too distracted to find pictures in the clouds. She was too excited. Her mind was telling her to run and jump around, but her body was too relaxed to do anything about it.

She heard the scritch scratch of pen against paper, she sat up and Corrie was sitting there writing something. Not wanting to be intrusive or nosy, she laid back down in the grass and closed her eyes.

The warm breeze brushed over her face, it's sweet scent flowing with it.

Corrie finished the verse he had been stuck on and wrote down the last note of it. He looked up just in time to see her look away and lie back down. "Yous sin any interestin clouds yet love?" He put the notebook and pen away before joining her, it couldn't be that boring.

Right when she laid back down Corrie asked if she'd seen anything. She hadn't, but she was trying really hard. All of a sudden, a cloud that looked like a rabbit formed.

"Look look!" She exclaimed, her eyes started to gleam with excitement. She sat up while the breeze brushed by and her hair billowed about her shoulders. Pointing up, she said, "It's a rabbit! The last time I was really able to see the clouds like this was when I went to America a few years ago. We were in Minnesota, and we went all over the place! There were so many trees and not a lot of cars. In some places there were, but some places didn't. When we were driving down a road, we stopped and went and had lunch on a hill out in the country or that was what they called it. I just layed there and watched the clouds until we left. It was so peaceful." Kaede sighed at the memory. It had been a beautiful place, and she heard that the winter's there were beautiful too. She hoped to go back there again when it was snowing. Kaede had watched the clouds from the porch connected to her house, but the city was too loud and noisy to be peaceful like it had been that sunny day.

Corrie looked where she was pointing and, sure enough, there was actually a cloud in the shape of a rabbit. "Oh my life there'z a rabbit love." For the first time since he arrived in new zealand, Corrie let his bulgarian accent slip through. He didn't notice it though.

The boy just sat listening to this girl talk about some place called Minnesota. He had never been good at geography and had no idea where that was.

Kaede smiled as he saw the rabbit. She noticed a hint of an accent. Realizing that she hadn't asked where he was from, she thought asking him would probably be a good idea. At least to get to know him better.

Turning her head towards him she said, "Have you ever been to Minnesota? Oh, and I hope you don't mind me asking, I hadn't asked before, but where are you from?" She could tell that he had an accent, but she couldn't tell from where. She knew that she probably had an accent too, but she couldn't hear it.

Corrie shook his head. "Never even heard of the place love." He had a jokey tone but he wasn't kidding. Again, he shook his head. "I don''t mind yer askin', I'm from Bulgaria, Got a good handle on my accent though. I think I do anyway." He had had no comments on it since he had arrived so he had assumed that it was well hidden.

Kaede smiled as he said he had never been there before. "It's a very nice place, it has snowy winters, and I love snow." She laughed when she said that she loved snow. It had been years since she had played in it, but she remembered the fond memories of snow she had from when she was younger.

"Bulgaria? I couldn't tell that you had an accent. You do a good job of concealing it. But..." she paused. "Why do you conceal it?" She herself had never noticed that she had an accent, but when people commented on it it didn't bug her either.

Corrie pulled his fingers through his long hair. "Alot of people think that Bulgaria is full of dark magic so everyone there is into it, add that to the fact I'm in Slytherin and everyone will stereotype me. I hate being stereotyped love." His accent was shining through fully now and it was obvious where he was from. "Yer get what I'm sayin'?"

Kaede nodded. She knew what it was like to be stereotyped, and it was usually never a good thing. She hadn't known that Bulgaria was full of Dark magic, because she hadn't known anything about magic until now. And even though he said that everyone assumed that everyone was into it there, she couldn't see Corrie doing that kind of thing.

His accent had come in strong but slowly died away. Even if he didn't like it, Kaede thought it had sounded smooth.

"I know what your saying," she said quietly. "But when I met you you didn't seem like a type of person who would use dark magic. It's true that I don't know much about it, but when I hear "Dark magic", I think of something that would hurt someone or something. And after talking to you too, and getting to know you a little bit, I still can't see it, even if I tried really hard."

She meant what she said. She had always told people the truth in what she thought. Being able to tell people what she thought was something she valued, because no one could tell her what she thought.

Corrie laughed. "Your a hufflepuff ain't yer? People who judge don't do it by how they act, it's the background they have and what they do. A Slytherin from bulgaria is like a sure sign I'm bad and they won't have a chat to see if I live up to that or not." He thought about what he had just said. "That din't make no sense did it?"

Kaede laughed when he asked if she was a Hufflepuff. "Yes, yes I am." She stated. "Well the people who would think that are dumb. If they had common sense they would realize that it was a stereotype, and that some people don't live up to the stereotype."
Her eyes changed to a look of a pondering thought. "In fact, it's kind of more like ignorance really. They could have been raised that way as well." She smiled a bit, realizing how true that really was. "You just have to go on thinking that they're dumb, and what they think isn't worth worrying about. They'll realize it one day." Some of her old friends back home had been like that, but that was why they were old friends.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back