Just Dossing around

Corrie Yelnats

Corrie kicked the ball against the wall again. He missed his home but he wouldn't let it show, the thought wasn't even thinkable for him. He kicked the ball again, and again, thinking of something to do instead of this boring activity. I could go climb a tree mabes? wait a secs, there aint none is there. He thought while looking around. Eventually he gave up thinking and returned to is kicking, hoping something or someone interesting would turn up.

Lame ^

Kaede had been walking around and didn't have much to do. She had been staring at the ground, to see if she would come upon something interesting. Alas, she hadn't found anything yet, and probably wouldn't. She sighed and glanced up to see a guy alone kicking a ball. I might as well say hello. She thought.

Walking up to him confidently, she held out her hand with a smile and said, "Hello, my name is Kaede. Kaede Okinawa." She hoped that he wouldn't just brush her off.

Corrie paused before turning to look at the girl. She was actually talking to him. "Do ya normally go up to some strangers and say yer name like?" His voice wasn't harsh, more inquisitive. He kicked the ball up in the air and caught it before turning his whole body to see the girls answer.

When the boy asked if she usually did that, she thought I've never been asked about it before. Her parents had taught her that introducing yourself to anyone anywhere when she was very young. When she thought about it she realized that it would seem very weird in a place other than her home. "Well," she thought. "I could have bowed and said Konichiwa, but that would have been weird and probably very awkward." She laughed. "I'm sorry if that seemed weird." She held out her hand, hoping that the boy would shake it. "I forget sometimes that I'm not at home anymore. The busyness of Obsidian Harbor reminds me of Tokyo." Her lips spread into a friendly smile. I might as well try to make friends with him, she thought.

"Well that makes sence don it love. I'm Corrie." He shook her hand with the handl that wasn't holding a ball. "you tellin me you come from Tokyo area, like, for realism?" He looked at her, she looked like she could live in tokyo. "You aint yanking my chain is you?"

As he shook her hand he said he was Corrie. When he asked if she really came from Tokyo she had to laugh. "Yes I am," she said. "I was born and raised there." He said something about yanking his chain, and her face went blank with with confusion. "Yanking your chain? What chain?" She was utterly confused.

Corrie laughed at the girl, she actually had never heard the term before. "Yanking me chain is like sayin you Joshin me, is like saying you messin round, jokin, you got me love?" He patted her on the back, finding it quite funny that she didn't know the saying. Corrie put the ball back on the floor and softly kicked it to her, motioning for her to kick it back to him.

"Oh!" Kaede cheeks flushed a deep red. "I knew what that is, I've just never heard it said that way before," she stammered. She was so stupid at times. Realizing how funny it had sounded, she started to laugh. "I'll have to remember that next time."

When Corrie kicked the ball to her, she was hesitant to kick it back. "Uh..um..you see, I, uh, I'm really clumsy, and I'm sure kicking it will cause me to fall or hurt myself in some sort of way." She knew that she would do something stupid, so she was trying to decide in her mind whether she should kick it back or not.

Corrie laughed when she laughed and even more when she said she was too clumsy to kick a ball. "How bouts you just tap it with the side of yer foot right? real light like, then you can't fall and if yer do i'll catch yer, yeah?" He was liking this Kaede girl more by each second, she was such a hoot.

Kaede laughed harder. What the heck, If I fall, I fall, she thought. "Ok, I'm trusting you with my life then!" She joked.

Straightening her leg, she turned her foot so she could kick the ball with the side of her foot. She brought her foot back, and tapped it lightly, making it go a few inches. A smile crept across her lips, and she burst out laughing. "I didn't kick it very far." She said inbetween giggles. Finally composing herself, she put her hand up for a high five. "I might as well make the best of it!" she said.

Corrie laughed at the statement and again as the ball barely came towards him. "But you didn't fall did yous?" He high fived her and picked up the ball. "Are yous one of them squeely chicks that shatter yer ear drums whenevers they gets lifted love?" Corrie had decided that Kaede was to easy to forget and so she was now going to be called Love for the rest of the day and if he saw her again.

Kaede smiled as he high fived her hand. "No I didn't fall! I'm so proud of myself! This is the first time that I have never fallen while playing a game!" She laughed at what she had said. It was so true.

"Well, I'd have to think about that. I don't think so, but it might happen. I can scream but not usually over something like getting lifted up. I usually only scream when I get frightened by a loud noise." That was true, but that happened only once in awhile. "I also scream on muggle roller coasters, but that's a totally different story."

Corrie nodded as though thinking intensly. "So, whats yous is sayin is that I's could lift you right of the floors and yous wouldn't shatter me ears, is that whats your sayin love?" A mischievious smirk appeared on his face as he asked, making obvious the reason he asked.

"Yes, sir!" She added a hand salute to her 'yes sir' for fun.

Corrie started to smirk, and Kaede started to piece together what he was going to do. Her smile turned devious, while she was planning out her own mischief.

All of a sudden she took off in a run yelling back, "That's only going to happen if you can catch me!" She may have been clumsy, but she had been in sports back home, and was known for her speed in the muggle sport of Track and Field.

Corrie laughed as she took off. He chased after her, leavinf the football abandoned.He was suprised at her speed. He almost caught up with her, just enough to yell out to her. "So's you been lying to me, yous said you were clumsy love. Ain't seeming so clumsy now innit." He was right behind her now, almost able to reach out for her.

Kaede kept running, the world flashing by in a blur as her speed made her seem like she was almost flying. She could tell that Corrie had followed her, but didn't realize how close he was until he was practically right beside her. He said something how she was lying because she didn't seem clumsy. "Oh, I'm clumsy all right, I've just been practicing this a long-" Her words cut off as she tripped over her own feet, and thought as she was falling to the ground Dumb dumb dumb! I'm not supposed to talk when I'm running, that's the only reason I've been able to stay standing during competions!

She rolled in the grass laughing. Between giggles she said, "See! I told you I was clumsy! The only reason I fell was because I talked."

She rolled onto her back and looked up at the sky. There's so many clouds... she thought. "Look! That cloud looks like a cotton ball!"

Corrie stopped and laughed as she fell over. "I'ma guessin yous weren't lyin then Love." He looked up at the clouds. "Theys all looking like cotton balls to me." He reached down and helped pull her off the ground. "Nows, what was that about me being ables to do summin if I caught yous?" He grinned.

Kaede laughed. Corrie pulled her up off the ground, and said that the skies all looked like cotton balls to him.

Kaede grinned back. "Yes, but technically you didn't catch me. I fell, so that wouldn't count." Her grin turned into a smile.

Corrie grinned as she spoke, he had been ready for that arguement against him. "But I's caught yer off ther grounds, I think I's allowed to, don yer?" He laughed before grabbing her waist and he lags and picking her up bridal style. "Where's I takin' yer then?"

If you don't like it say and I'll edit.

Kaede gasped as she was lifted off the ground. Her natural insticts caused her to grab onto Corrie's arm. She had a mild fear of heights. It wasn't that she was scared, just the surprise of him actually doing it had scared her. She started to laugh and said, "I don't really have a choice do I?" She started to smile. "I wasn't planning on going anywhere, so I guess I'm going nowhere." She said jokingly.

Corrie grinned down at the girl in his arms. "Not much of one love. I's thinkin I's might goes get me footyball back so weel be off in thats area alright wiv you love?" Corrie didn't wait for and answer before walking off, her still in his arms bridal style, in the direction they ran from.

Kaede pursed her lips in a fake pout. "Well that's not fair." She joked.

Her pout turned into a smile as she was carried off. Her eyes closed and she let the sun shine on her face. It's such a nice day. She thought.

Corrie looked at the pout and grinned. "Life ain't fair love." He continued to carry her back to their original meeting place. He placed her carefully on the ground, making sure she was standing stably before letting go completely, and picked up the abandoned ball. "Nows what?"

Corrie let go of Kaede when she was standing upright. She stretched her arms up high and straightened her back.

Kaede thought for a bit. She didn't know what to do, but it was a beautiful day, and she didn't want to go inside. "I know!" She exclaimed. "Let's cloud watch." She had always used to watch the clouds from her patio when she was younger because in the big city there wasn't anyplace to go to see them clearly. Watching them her imagination opened it's wings and soared.

Kaede plopped down in the grass and looked up at the sky, to see a huge tree blocking her view. Her brow furrowed as she thought of what to do. "Mhmm...That tree doesn't make a very good window." she said jokingly.

Corrie raised an eyebrow at her. Cloud.. Watch? He wasn't quite sure what she meant until she sat down and looked up. He laughed slightly at her comment but not as much as he normally would have. Sitting, watching clouds was not his idea of fun.

Corrie sat next to her anyway but, instead of leaning back to watch the clouds, he pulled a small notepad out of his poucket with a pen and began to continue his music writing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back