Just chilling

"I've never seen anything out here that's for sure!" Kat said as she splashed some water at Keira. She then turned on her back and just let herself float there under the sun. Kat closed her eyes and listened to the sounds that nature provided all around her.

When the sad excuse for a shark, Bill, approached Herb, Herb knew he was in for a lecture of some sort. Bill was always going on about 'being friendly towards the children', which was nonsense as far as Herb was concerned. Herb preferred to give the kids a good scare, but kept from actually harming anything.

"Oh, but Bill, a little bit of fun hasn't caused anyone harm now, has it?"

"Not as of yet, but i'm waiting for you to snap on day and hurt one of the children. The headmistress has been kind enough to allow us and the other creatures to live here in this lake. Don't ruin it for all of us squid. I'm warning you!" Bill semi-pleaded with Herb. "They never come out deep enough to actually disturb anyone anyways. Let them have their fun. Go torture a merperson or something, but leave the children be." he barked at the giant creature.

Herb gave Bill a look of anger with his giant eye. "You think I enjoy this? Living in this lake? I'd much prefer to be free in the sea." That shark thinks he knows everything, well, I'll show him!

He started to make his way closer to the shallow area of the lake where the children were playing, making sure to keep his large on eye the shark.

Kiera laughed and dodged the water Kat splashed at her. She went under the water and swam to the underside of Kat. She popped out of the water and splashed Kat who was laying on her back. Kiera giggle. This was fun.

Kat was taken by surprise by the splash of water that fell upon her face. "You little sneak!" she laughed as she took in a mouth full of water and spit it in Keira's direction. "Haha! Take that!" she yelled at Kiera.

"Well you can't live in the sea now can you. Neither of us can, but at least we have a home. Now stop your infernal complaining and for the love of all that is good LEAVE THOSE CHILDREN ALONE!!!" Bill yelled after Herb. He sped up feeling the water rush past his slick body. He stopped short in front of the squid and said, "Stop stop stop! I'm dead serious, stop it this very moment!"

Herb was tempted to push Bill the Shark out of the way with his giant poisonous tentacle, but refrained. On occasion Bill was good company. The two creatures shared different views and had different principles, but the lake would be a very lonely place if Bill was not around. Herb simply floated above the shark, and swam even closer to the children, hoping to give them a scare. "Well shark, are you going to come try and stop me again?"

Herb knew that if Bill came closer to the children in attempts of stopping Herb, the kids would end up catching a glance at the shark and be frightened by him.

Bill watched at Herb floated closer to the surface of the lake. He knew that if he followed suit and attempted to stop the suid that his fin would definitely break the surface of the water and the children would see him, most likely resulting in them being frightened. He was stuck between a rock and a hard place. Bill attempted once more to reason with Herb. "Please stop! I'm asking nicely. Those children are of no harm to you so PLEASE just leave them be."

Kat laughed at Kiera's reaction and then swam away from the spot where Kiera had just dove under the water as to not be taken by surprise by anything Kiera might be planning as a counter-attack.

She looked around, out across the lake, because she had a funny feeling that they were being watched. Snap out of it Kat! You're being paranoid! she thought to herself as she turned her attention back to trying to find where Kiera was.

Kiera was swimming down deep in the water with her eyes open. She could swear she said a squid as well as a shark. Kiera's heart began to race. She started frantically swimming towards the surface. She burst through the water gasping for air. "Kat! Kat!! " she said looking around for her.

What the heck? Kat thought to herself as Kiera started yelling out for her. "What? Are you okay? Did something bite you or something?" Kat yelled back, slightly worried about what had happened Kiera.

"Kiera slow down! You're not making any sense!" Kat said frantically trying to calm her friend down. There can't really be a squid in here...and much less a shark. Kat thought hoping that she was right.

Kiera finally reached Kat and grabbed ahold of her arms. She took a deep breath and tried to form a complete sentance. She felt naked without her wand. "When I was under the water out there I saw a squid and then a shark farther behind it." she said still rather quickly.

Kat got wide eyed as Kiera grabbed ahold of her and said something about a squid and a shark. She shook Kiera gently and said, "I need you to calm down enough so that we can swim back to the shore. It's only a few yards. Okay?" Kat began to swim back to shore still holding onto Kiera with one arm.

Kiera took a deep breath. "Okay I think I can handle it." she said as she began to swim back to shore with Kat. The strange part was Kiera wasnt afraid of the shark, just the squid. It looked evil in some sort of way.

Once they'd reached the shore Kat quickly stood up, soaking from head to toe and looked out across the lake. She hadn't seen what Kiera had, but she knew that whatever it had been it scared her friend, which in turn scared her. "It's okay Kiera! We're out of the water now. We're fine." she said soothingly trying to reassure her friend that things were okay now.

Kiera looked at Kat. "I didnt know there really was a squid!! I had never even heard a whisper that there was a shark!" she exclaimed still rather shaken up. Kiera hated the long gross tenticles of squid. They looked like they could grab you and take you away.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back