OOC First Name
Kait
Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Married
Wand
12" Ash wand with tail of unicorn hair core
Kiera walked down to the lake slightly upset which was a complete oppisite from her normally cheerful manner. She was upset because her best friend Caysi was not coming back to Hogwarts New Zealand. The two of them had been practically inseperatable since their first quidditch meeting with the Valkieryes. Kiera sighed and sat down by her favorite tree as she watched the water. At least today was a bright sunny day.

Kat had decided that it was too pretty a day to be cooped up in the castle so she decided to take a walk down by the lake, secretly hoping to get a glimpse of the giant squid as she had yet to see it and wasn't completely convinced that there actually was a squid living there. She made her way out of the castle and down to the lakefront, humming as she walked. As she drew nearer she saw someone sitting down and then realized that it was Kiera. Kat made her way over to her friend and said with a smile, "Hiya Kiera! What's up?" She noticed that her friend looked a little sad and wondered what was wrong. Kat looked at her with concern in her eyes and asked, "Are you okay? You look like you're down in the dumps"

Kiera smiled at Kat. "Yeah Im okay. Im just a little sad that Caysi isnt coming back to school here this term." she told her. Today was one of those few days when Kiera wasnt as cheerful as normal. "You wanna seat with me?" she asked her friend with a smile.

She had figured that was what Kiera was upset about, as Kat knew that Kiera and Caysi were the best of friends. "Yeah sure!" she replied with a smile. "So have you heard from her lately?" she inquired as she herself wanted to know how Caysi was doing.

"I'm sorry, I know that must suck, having one of your best friends leaving." Kat said sympathetically, slightly knowing how Kiera felt as Makato had left as well and had almost not even told her goodbye. Kat felt herself on the verge of tears, but fought them back and quickly changed the subject. "So how was your summer?" she asked with a forced smile.

Kiera smiled at Kat, glad that she had someone to talk to. "Well Bella came to my house for the first part of the summer and that was interesting. My dad is a muggle after all. Oh and I met my death eater mom that I thought was dead." she said with an ironic smile.

Though she didn't personally know Bella, Kat had heard tons about her and none of it had been good. Apparently she was a Slytherin with a pure-blood complex. Kat raised her eyebrow and asked curiously, "Death eater mother? And you thought she was dead? How did all of this come to light?"

Kiera didnt smile. "Well Bella and I are actually fairly close friends. She met my mom though she didnt know she was my mother. Bella figured it out because my mother and I look so similar. She told me about her and that she was alive and a death eater." Kiera said explaining one question. She took a deep breath and continued. "She had faked her own death because she came to loathe my muggle father. She was ashamed of him and could not believe she married him. She had been in hiding during the marriage anyways so she made us believe she had died in a car wreck and she changed back to her madien name to re-enter the wizarding world. Her name is Jacqueline Burke. She is running Borgins and Burkes with my great-grandfather, Caractacus Burke." she explained with a sigh. It had been a long summer.

Kat's heart broke for Kiera. She herself had never experienced a loss of anyone that she cared about and didn't really know what to say. She looked at Kiera, her blue eyes full of compassion and said, "I'm really sorry about that Kiera. I had no idea." She felt terrible for having asked questions now, but unfortunately her curiosity got the best of her and she inquired, "So...how did it go? Meeting her I mean." Kat hoped that she wasn't be too intrusive, but was concerned for her friend.

Kiera smiled at Kat, grateful to have a friend to talk to. "Well I guess it was okay. She insulted my father but seemed to be caring how my brother sister and I were turning out. She was very pleased to find out Cam goes to Durmstrang but not near happy that neither Kat or I are in Sytherin. She's a pureblood after all." Kiera said thinking back to the meeting. Parts of it were almost pleasant.

Kat listened as Kiera described the interaction with her mother. She herself had never understood what some people found so important about being a pureblood and why having muggles in you family was frowned upon by some. "I didn't know you had a brother!" Kat replied all of a sudden. She had known about Katheryn, but was totally cluless as to the rest of Kiera's family. "So she was nice to you then? Except for disapproving of your house status that is."

Kiera smiled. "Yes I have a brother. He is a fifth year at Durmstrang. His name is Cameron." she told her. Many people didnt realize Kiera had a brother because he didnt go to school with the rest of them. "I suppose you could say she was nice. She didnt hate me or snub me. She was rather pleasant for a death eater, if there even is such a thing." she told Kat hoping she understood what Kiera meant.

"Wow! I learn something new everyday!" Kat said with a grin. She then considered Kiera's second statement about a 'nice' death eater. "I guess all people have good in them. Or at least I hope they do. I guess it's just easier for some people to be kinder than others." she said seriously.

Kiera laughed. "You would probably like Cam if you met him. He tends to be a ladies man." she said shaking her head. "I really do believe everyone has good in them. Its just going to take some getting used to the idea that my mother is alive not dead and a death eater." she said with a sigh.

"Ah! A ladies man huh? Fortunately for me I've had my guard up ever since Makato just left at the end of last year." Kat said, realizing that was the first time she had talked about Makato since the night that she caught him leaving the school.

"Yeah, I can't imagine having to adjust to something so bizarre. How is the rest of your family handling it?" she asked concerned.

Kiera smiled at her friend. "You know I knew you and Makato were close. What happened to him?" she asked, hoping she wasnt being too pushy. Kiera looked down at her feet. "Well I havent exactly told the rest of my family. I havent seen Kat or Cam since I talked to her and I dont know how to tell my father without rebreaking his heart." she said.

Kat's heart felt like it dropped into the pit of her stomach when Kiera asked about Makato. Taking a deep breath in, so as to not resort to tears, Kat looked at the ground while picking at a few blades of grass and said, "He just left one night. I had fallen asleep while studying in the Great Hall just before exams and when I woke up and was about to leave I saw him standing at the entrance, just ready to leave. He hadn't even planned on saying goodbye to me or anything." Kat went on about it, but left out one very important part of the story, the fact that he had told her he loved her and that part she wasn't willing to share with anyone as she hadn't even told her mum.

Kat then turned to Kiera and said, "Do you think that you'll tell them at all?" She wasn't sure what was the best thing for Kiera to do. Especially as she herself had never been in this type of situation before.

Kiera knew exactly how Kat felt. She had gone through a smiliar situation with her first and only boyfriend, Steel. "I am so sorry Kat! I know exactly how you feel. Steel was my boyfriend for almost my whole 1st year. He asked me to meet him in the dungeons one day and said it was an emergency. I was worried and ran straight there. He was waiting to say goodbye. He kissed me then rushed off. He almost didnt say goodbye to me. Steel had known for weeks that he was going to be leaving but he didnt tell me." she said softly staring at the ground. Steel had been Kiera's first and only love for that matter. A tear started to run down her check but Kiera hastely wiped it away.

"I will tell my family. I can not lie to them. For one I dont like to and two Im a bad lier. I just dont know how to tell them. I dont want to hurt any of them." she said with concern.

Kat was glad that someone understood how she felt. This whole time she thought that she had been childish and overly girly about feeling this way. Now she knew that it was a totally normal reaction and she wasn't the only one to ever feel like this. Kat stood up, kicked off her shoes and took off running towards the lake. When she reached the waters edge she stopped turned to Kiera and yelled out, "To losing love, but to one day finding it again!" She turned back to face the lake, poked her toes in to check the temperature and then continued right on in. Kat turned over on her back, floating on the surface of the cool water with the hot sun beaming down on her.

Kat popped her head up and hollered after Kiera while laughing, "Come on in slow poke! The water's fine!"

Kiera laughed as Kat jumped into the water. Fun like this was just what she needed. She jumped up and kicked off her flipflops. She was glad she had worn shorts today instead of jeans. She ran down to the lake. Kat was floating on the surface. "Watch out!" she said with giggle as she dove straight towards Kat.

Kat dove under the water just in time as Kiera came diving straight at her. She came back up above the surface, with a mouth full of water. She looked straight at Kiera and spit it at her. "Trying to drown me huh?" she laughed loudly. "I wonder what actually lives in this lake." she added not really considering her statement.

Herb watched the children as they entered the lake that had been his home for many years. It displeased him greatly to see them disrupting the natural serenity of the area. He found himself lurking closer to the two girls, ready to give them a good scare.

Kiera laughed. "No Im not trying to drown you silly! Im just having fun!" she said as she floated on her back. She heard Kat's question about what lived in the lake. "Hmm Ive heard a giant squid does but Im not sure if thats true or not." she said absentmindedly.

Bill had been swimming around, doing nothing in particular when he noticed that 2 students were swimming and splashing around. Humans in the lake had never bothered him as long as they were not disrespectful to him or the other creatures. As he turned to swim the other way he happened to notice that Herb, the giant squid, was lurking his way towards the two childrean that were playing. Bill sped his way over to Herb and growled at him, "You leave them alone squid. They are of no harm to you."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back