Blood Status
Pure Blood
Relationship Status
Married
Sexual Orientation
Heterosexual
Wand
Ironwood 14 1/6" Core of Chimera Scale
Seraphine just decided to run to be the next Minister of Magic. Considering the fact that she was female, she knew that she would have to fight tooth and nail to even receive some of the public's attention. It was a good thing Seraphine was just determined to do so. Her formal outfit normally showed her shoulders, but she had on a nice black jacket over the shirt. The skirt was rather classy as well and it fell to her knees. She wore black panty hose with black heels. The woman smiled with her ruby red lips and her blue eyes sparkling to the public. It was easy to recognize her as someone that was running for the next spot in the Ministry. She may have been here for a short time compared to her time in England, she felt like this place was home for her, and it needed some organizing, that was for sure. She was a leader at best, and she was going to prove that to the public. Her platform for running was education, the benefits of the children and their education and schooling. They were going to lead the next generation after all. It would be best to focus on them. The morning was good, and the town seemed a little busy today. That was something she liked.

Today was a day that was addressed that she would be here for today, and around her were signs, buttons, whatever the public wanted to support her. Seraphine sat behind a table, away from the merchandise with a cup of coffee in her hand. Her nails were painted a light pink color and it was nice against her naturally pale skin. She had traveled from here to there for most of her life, and if anyone lived in London, they may recognize her as someone who worked in the Wizengamont and put up many campaigns for charities and brought a low poverty down to its rightful glory in the past few years. She had much experience with the public, and she would kindly meet whoever came across her today and she would give out a smile, and answer any questions that came her way. Nothing about this could come and bite her in the rear because there was something bad about it. No, she thought that she would be successful in the end, winning or not. The matter of the fact is that she tried her hardest and fought to the very end was enough to keep this Snow satisfied.

Seraphine rose the cup of coffee to her lips and she took a drink of the soothing liquid that would keep her nerves active and to keep her awake. The lack of sleep was rather irritating after a few days after all. She let out a sigh, and she moved her dark brown locks from her face that was lightly painted with make-up. She mostly had a natural beauty, and she used this to her advantage. This would prove that she was real to the people, and that her words meant just what they were. She sipped the coffee once more, as she pondered on who the other candidates were. She wouldn't mind meeting them, but she wouldn't do anything to sabotage their own campaigns. That was just rude. Seraphine was anything but rude.

Cyndi Weasley had found the introduction of the candidates to be quite interesting. She was by no means decided about who she liked most because it was much to soon for anything like that. Cyndi was going to listen to each candidate and only after she heard each one of them speak more about what they stood for and how they planned on going about it would she make a decision.

There was one candidate that she had made a split judgment on, but with his outright declaration of blood prejudice how could she not. Thomas Hensel was an out and out arse, and there was no way he would have her vote nor would he want it she was sure. Her family were just a bunch of blood traitors according to people like him. So, she knew she wouldn't be going to his press conference purposely.

The candidate whose conference she was at today had intrigued her in more ways than one. For one, she was the only female candidate. And Cyndi found herself wondering whether or not a woman would be able to do better as Minister than a man. She thought it was quite possible. And Ms. Snow had been a prefect and headgirl. And she wanted to focus on education. All of those things had led her to come hear the woman speak more. Apparating to the area, Cyndi smiled when she saw Ms. Snow sitting at a table there. She walked over to the area and saw that the table was covered in posters and buttons. "I thought your introductory speech was excellent Ms. Snow, especially since you're focusing on education." She was in no way decided, but that was one thing she had definitely liked about the woman's short introduction.

Seraphine glanced up with her sky blue eyes to a young woman who could easily pass for either a seventh year or someone who recently graduated from school. That did not make anything different for Seraphine as she was easily noted for being a motherly person, for someone who did not have children of her own. She wished she had sought out a husband and all, and she worked too hard to focus on a husband. Work was more important to her than love. Seraphine stood up and she smiled at the young woman. She spoke, her voice full of kindness and nothing short of real, "Thank you. Education is most important in my opinion. Just running in what I believe is right." Her family, little did she know, that they were closely tied with the Hensels, and having Thomas run and his opinions like that was what drove Seraphine away from her own family to begin with. Even if those golden eyes and husky appearance was what she liked in a man. "Are you working at the school? You seem like the type that would." Either that or she was a young mother who wanted the best for her children. Either or would have worked for Seraphine, even if she did look a little young to be a mother.

Cyndi listened to the woman speak and smiled gently. The woman was nice and very unlike her idea of what politicians were like. Most of the politicians she'd heard speak or read about in the prophet didn't seem fully genuine. It just always seemed a bit off for her liking. Ms. Snow didn't seem that way at all though.

She nodded her head. "Yes, I'm one of the professors at the school. I teach Ancient Runes." At first, she was surpsrised at how easily the woman seemed to have guessed, but then she realized how fairly obvious it was. The only people who were likely as interested in education were other professors or people with students and since she was relatively young to be a mother, the professor bit seemed more likely. She stood silent for another moment and then spoke again. "I'll be honest...I haven't decided who to support yet, but you are one of the people I really like so far" Cyndi smirked before she continued, "and I'm really glad there's at least one woman running."

Seraphine wondered what this woman's name was. She had not researched the professors at Hogwarts at all, or at least their names. She had a quite family members living there, but that was all that she really knew. Seraphine gave the woman a polite smile when she heard that she was right about teaching, but she was more interested in what subject she taught. Seraphine commented, "Oh, Ancient Runes! I remember taking that subject, but it wasn't my best. Not the worst either, mind you. That was Transfiguration." Oh yes, Seraphine was horrible in Transfiguration, and if she tried to transfigure something into something else, it always ended up wrong. Like, she could turn a frog into a rabbit while she was going for a grasshopper. When the woman came out honest with her, Seraphine was actually understanding of it. "Well, I am shocked to see that people have their minds made up so easily," Seraphine said, "Supporting someone takes time, and I would suggest that people go around and talk to each candidate independently, and then go over each one of them and finally choose. I am just running because I wanted to make a difference. And being the only female, I guess I can try, even if I don't get the position." Seraphine didn't really like the whole buttons and stuff but her sisters insisted that she had them. Seraphine laughed softly, "Oh, you know my name, mind if I know yours so I can properly address you by?"

Cyndi chuckled. "I know what you mean about transfiguration." It wasn't her worst subject either, but it was also far from her best. So, she definitely understood where Seraphine was coming from. It was funny, but the more Seraphine spoke, the less Cyndi was beginning to think of her as a politician and the more she was thinking of her as a regular person who happened to work in politics. The woman was logical and understanding and she wasn't shoving her ideas down Cyndi's throat, which she liked.

She nodded her head. "Exactly. If more people do that, then I'm sure we'll end up with the right person as the Minister of Magic." Regardless of whether she won or loss, the young professor hoped that people would listen to what Seraphine had to say. She seemed like a wise woman. "Oh of course" she said, surprised at herself for forgetting her manners. "Cyndi Weasley" she said with a smile as she held her hand out to the candidate.

Seraphine was a little embarrassed about her Transfiguration problems, but she would not have a demonstration. She hated the subject with a passion, not to mention that if she transfigured something, then it could turn into a lion and hurt town folk. Seraphine was all for no lions attacking the towns folk. Not only would that be horrible, but it would hurt her name as well. Seraphine did not think much on the latter though as much as she did on the first. Seraphine brushed her brunette hair over her shoulders and she nodded, “That is exactly what I did when they held elections somewhere in Europe. And they have been happier since. I just hope New Zealand is the same way.” Seraphine took the woman’s hand into her own, and she smiled, “Cyndi Weasley, sounds smart. The Weasley family are nice people, from what I have heard.” Seraphine retreated her hand from the handshake. “Do you have any questions for me, or just come here to talk? Either way, I’m fine.” Seraphine laughed softly.

The young woman listened as Seraphine explained how successful it had been in Europe. "Me too" she said softly. As the two women shook hands, Cyndi's smile widened. She was used to people having heard her surname before. She was from a famous wizarding family after all. What made her smile though was that the word nice was used to describe her family. Unfortunately, she'd heard other adjectives being used to describe her family, not usually to her face, but she'd still heard them. It made her hopeful that Seraphine wasn't some crazy pureblood supremist. She didn't seem to be, but it wasn't something that was always so obvious.

Cyndi chuckled softly. "No, I actually do have a question." It was the biggest question on her mind after hearing all the candidates. She already knew some of their points of view, but she couldn't recall if she'd read hearing Seraphine's. "What's your opinion on the whole muggle-born, half-magical/half-creature discussion?" As a Weasley and a half-blood herself, Cyndi had grown up being taught to respect everyone. Her father told her that she should always judge someone on who they were not where they or their family came from. She really wanted to like Seraphine and support her attempts to be the next Minister of Magic but if she came out with something about purebloods being the best, she didn't know if she'd be able to.

Seraphine began to wonder if Cyndi was related to any that lived around the London area. If so, then it would be highly interesting. However, she did not have that red hair gene. Seraphine heard that question, and her smile fell. Her teeth nibbled at her bottom lip and she hoped to Merlin that Cyndi did not think of her as some pure-blood supremest. Seraphine started, her sky blue eyes revealing no lies, "I won't lie. I was raised in a pure-blood reigning home. It is the same blood that runs in my veins. However," Seraphine chuckled lightly, "as soon as I graduated, I got out of there because I don't believe in it. My sisters and I, we hated being like that. So, naturally, my beliefs about half-bloods, muggle-borns, all of them have magical abilities with wands, so they belong here with the rest of us. If you were worried about me believing like...Thomas Hensel because both of us are pure, don't be. Not all of us are as closed-minded." Seraphine practically spilled her past and some of her family to a young woman, but what Seraphine did not know was that some of the Snow's were Death Eaters that were not known to public. Seraphine actually liked werewolves and such, even if they were dangerous at times, but the worst they could do was kill, same as a human being.

Cyndi watched Seraphine as she waited for the woman's answer. It would be important, to her anyway. She had friends who were werewolves, muggleborn and her own mum was a muggle, so she would never be able to vote for someone who couldn't see each and every one of those individuals as a worthy human being. When Seraphine's face fell, Cyndi could feel her own disappointment grow. She'd been so ready to support Ms.Snow.

Still, she listened to Seraphine without judgment and when the woman had finished she was glad she had. She hadn't doubted the woman...not really anyway. At the mention of Thomas Hensel's name, Cyndi rolled her eyes and muttered something foul but her smile quickly returned. "I'm glad to hear it Ms. Snow. It's good to know that my family aren't the only purebloods who support equality for all. I really, really hope you do well in the election." She didn't really have any other questions for Seraphine, not now anyway. She held out her hand again to shake Ms. Snow's hand. "It was really nice to meet you. Good luck with everything" she said brightly.

Seraphine smiled and she bowed her head slightly, "I really hope I do well. Do tell your family that I wish them well, if they know me that is." She winked her blue eye at Cyndi. She liked this younger girl. She seemed like a pleasant one. When Cyndi held out her hand once more, Seraphine shook it and she replied, "It was really nice to meet you too. I wish you luck with those teenagers, and thank you for the good luck." Seraphine turned and she went back to her table. She was pleased to have met someone so pleasant during her campaign. She hoped that others in the country were just as nice.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back