Just a dance

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gabriel Lloyd

OOC First Name
Amanda
The woman Gabriel led onto the floor was not his wife. It was a pity that Belladonna couldn't make it. Even though she and Benjamin had moved to New Zealand, the headmaster was finding less and less time for his family these days. He missed them like a dragon would miss its fire.

Giving his partner a small smile, he put one hand on her waist. The dark-haired man knew better than to invade her space.

Life had dealt the young professor a rather difficult hand as of late, and the semester had been a difficult one to get through. With the end now upon everyone, Cyndi was just as eager as the students to have an enjoyable evening. She smiled back at the Headmaster as he finished welcoming everyone and asked her to dance.

Cyndi placed one hand gently on his shoulder and began to move as gracefully as she could. She hadn't danced since her wedding several months before. "I'll try my best to not step on your toes, Professor Lloyd" she chuckled.

The headmaster raised an eyebrow at his partner. "Professor Lloyd?" he snorted. "I think you've earned the right to call me Gabe." Moving with the music, he waltzed into his own thoughts. It seemed like just this morning Cyndi had been a third year. Realizing again and again that she was a Deputy Headmaster was just mind-boggling.

Gabe looked over Cyndi's shoulder, watching the instruments play themselves. They continued to labor on the same, slow song.

"I guess old habits are hard to break...Gabe" Cyndi said with a chuckle as she realized what she had said. As she continued to move with the music, the young professor couldn't help but think about when she'd sat in a classroom being taught by the man she was now dancing with. Life sure was weird sometimes.

Smiling at several of the students who were standing nearby, Cyndi turned back to her dancing partner. "I know I've heard these instruments play better songs" she commented after she'd spent a few moments quietly moving across the floor. She eyed the instruments, wondering about their song choice.

Grinning at his former student, Gabriel shook his head. "That's right- you ankle biters like firewhiskey and the hip hop, don't you?" he commented, "Of course they won't play that garbage." His attention turned to the students around him. They were all behaving like the model witches and wizards he expected them to be. It was a relief; the headmaster remembered that school events could be a danger zone, what with all the broken hearts and poisonous friendships that plagued teenagers.

Although she hated to admit it, her older colleague had her pretty much pegged. She certainly did have a fondness for firewhiskey, and she did like 'the hip hop' as he put it, even if it wasn't her favorite. "It's not all garbage" she replied with a grin as she shook her head at him.

Following his gaze, she looked around at the gorgeous Great Hall, pleased to see that the students had dressed up and were behaving accordingly. "It looks like the food table might make it through another Yule ball" she noted with a smirk, recalling that one Yule ball.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back