Judgement?

Gabrielle Kovac

OOC First Name
Jessye
Wand
Willow Wand 12" Essence of Chimaera Scale
Gabrielle was nervous. There was no way she could lie to herself and say she felt otherwise. Her mother could be a very difficult woman to deal with when she wanted to be. If Danielle didn't agree with a decision made she wasn't shy about letting someone know. What if she got angry about Gabrielle being engaged? Her mother disliking the fact that she was engaged wasn't even the part that really scared Gabrielle either. It was the thought of her disliking Colton. As perfect as he may be in Gabrielle's eyes, her mother often thought differently. Danielle hardly liked anyone too much. It took some people years to gain her trust and even then she still didn't like them enough to call them family. Would she liked Colton or not? He seemed like the type of person her mother would appreciate. He was quiet but spoke up when he had to. He was pure blooded so she didn't have to worry about her daughter marrying a muggleborn or anything. He had a very good job, and he was also very respectable. There was little reason for her mother to dislike him because he was more than qualified to be in her life. But knowing Danielle, she would find a way and a reason to dislike him. She was powerful and she would put it to use. What if Asparuh was there too? Gabrielle's step-father was ten times more frightening to deal with than Danielle was. At least from time to time Gabrielle could see her mother's maternal instinct kick in and soften her up slightly. But Asparuh, he was much harder to read. He was respected by Gabrielle, but at the same time she also feared him. He could snap her like a toothpick if he so pleased. He was also the one that had stuck Colton's sister into an arranged marriage, it worried Gabrielle that he might say something about that and upset Asparuh. If he was upset then of course her mother was going to follow right along, and then there would be hell to pay. There was at least a hundred reasons why Gabrielle was afraid to be here today. Most of it was the fact that she feared for Colton's life. Gavin, he was probably better off than his father was in this case because he was a Lefevre descendent. They would probably going to obsess over how cute the toddler was. He was just about to turn two. So he was in the phase where he was able to get into trouble from time to time. He could walk, climb, and even talk a little. Too bad he was literally like the world's biggest baby. He barely ever left Gabrielle or Colton's side, and when he did he often got scared or upset easily and came crying. He was so shy. Gabrielle exhaled a deep breath she was holding. The Lefevre Manor was still and silent. Her mother had it remodeled every couple of years but it looked the same as it did when Gabrielle last saw it, which was awhile ago. She made it a goal of hers to stay away from her family home. Big places like this filled with people like her family was an easy way to drive any sane man mad. ”Home sweet home.” Gabrielle muttered under her breath as she let her hand slip closest to Colton slip into his own and squeeze softly. He could probably tell that she was nervous. Gavin on the other hand was enjoying himself by peeking into the fountain next to him. There were probably fish in there or something in it. Gavin really seemed to like aquatic creatures.

”You nervous?” Gabrielle questioned him. Shaking her head she decided that it was probably better if she didn't know the answer to that and started to walk up to the Manor. Gavin followed behind closely, keeping a tight hold on Gabrielle's dress. It took a good minute or two before they even reached the door, but once inside Gabrielle closed the big wooden door behind her. The hallway was very quiet. Which was odd because normally the house was filled with noise. ”Odd.” Gabrielle furrowed her eyebrows. Things were certainly different. Looking back at Colton she motioned for him to follow her around the corner. The house was elaborate and fancy. Since Gabrielle didn't know much about Colton's childhood or the way he lived, she had no idea if he was used to seeing houses like this or not. After rounding a few corners, Gabrielle finally noticed a familiar face.”Greyson?” It was her mother's....well Gabrielle wasn't completely sure what the term for him was, but she knew he protected her mother. So maybe like a bodyguard, but not one? The funny part was, he wasn't much older than Colton. But he was big muscular-wise. Not to mention sometimes a brute. Gabrielle approached the sitting man who happened to look like he was wrapping his arm with something. He looked up at the two of them with deep cold blue eyes. Ones not nearly as pretty as her mother's but enough to make a person stop in their tracks to get a second look. He stared at Gabrielle for a moment before he turned his eyes to Colton, silently. ”That's my fiance, Colton.” Gabrielle told him clearly. Greyson snorted and began wrapping his hand again. ”Do you know where everyone is? My mother included, I need to see her.” Greyson finally paused on wrapping his hand and looked back up at her again. This time he seemed both annoyed and bothered. But Gabrielle didn't care. Technically she was above him in ranks anyways. Gavin hid behind his father's legs the entire time. He was probably scared of Greyson.​
<i>
</i>

Greyson halted in bandaging his injured arm when he heard a familiar voice. Gabrielle was home. Though his hand stung from being burnt by a burner earlier while brewing potions, he ignored the pain to focus on what she wanted. She had a very gorgeous man with her. One that Greyson made a note of not to bother because he looked like he belonged to Gabrielle. She questioned on where her mother was and Greyson took a moment to think clearly before he spoke. Finally he worded his words carefully in his mind and felt it was safe to explain to her where everyone was along with her mother. He spoke in a heavy French accent, ”I am afraid to say that Your mother is in a bit of a mood today. So everyone is doing their best to keep out of her way. Asparuh is here as well so that doesn't really help the matter either.” Greyson explained. He respected Asparuh highly but when that man was around this Manor everyone knew Danielle must be a very foul mood. It was rare that both of them came. Lately things had been going around about the two of them. Something having to do with Iulian Pisces. It was actually a bit frightening. Greyson went back to bandaging his hand. A small toddler hid behind the fiance of Gabrielle. It was strange to see his relative having a son. Greyson had been around her since they were children. Finally Greyson rose, his six foot four toned figure easily rising above Gabrielle's. ”Your mother on the other hand is in her study. I'll remind you that she's not in the best of moods today. I suggest you be careful. See you later.” Greyson cast one last look at Colton before he finished clipping the bandages together and had his hand wrapped to the best of his ability. The tall man then turned and headed away. He almost wondered what in the world Gabrielle could possibly want. She always chose the worse days to come around it seemed. Hopefully Danielle was more tolerant of people now than she was a couple of hours ago.​
<i>
</i>

Colton Kovac could say honestly that he was not looking forward to this. He was engaged to Gabrielle, and in his mind, no one could have a say so in what they did, but he also did not know how a family like this worked. Things were different in families, and he would come to understand that soon enough. They had not even been engaged that long, and Gavin was not that old either. Any good grandmother would want the grandchildren to be raised by a married couple, specifically the mother and the father of the children. And in addition to that, he was a pure-blood, but he did not know if that would make a difference. He was just the affair of two people, and then pawned off because neither were ready to be parents. But now he had plenty of half-brothers and half-sisters. Colton loved them all the same, even though he was having some issues with Yvo as of the moment, and he was not about to forgive and forget. Colton still held that threat to him. He would indeed rip Yvo a new one if he dared entered his house. The Healer was just going to be there for his soon-to-be wife, but he didn't want to get married right now with his sister going off with who he believed to be the Zhefarovich family. He even assumed that one of the men were Asparuh himself. How wrong he was though. Colton hoped that Asparuh was here, so that he could finally have his questions answered. So that he could see why his sister of them all was chosen to be brainwashed by their family, and to be taken away like she was. It was stressing him out, and he couldn't even get married until he knew that she was safe. There were plenty of things going through his mind, and Colton just wanted answers. He would have his answers one way or another, and if this was the only way to reach Asparuh, then so be it. He was expecting to see that one man, the tall one with his hair slicked back, and that cold smirk. Colton did not even know how dark the Zhefarovich family were. He was unsure if they were really killers, but he knew that one had been a Death Eater, or two rather. Raisa and Arnost. He had read about their deaths. They were supposedly dangerous people, but Colton had not thought that the two were siblings, not with their ages, but turned out that they were. Colton looked down at Gavin before he smiled at his son. He loved the shy baby boy so much. He seemed to act more like him then the mother. Gabrielle was beautiful, and he did want a baby with her looks. Perhaps their future daughter, if they had one, would look like her.

They entered the Lefevre Manor, and Colton took in the appearance of everything. Everything looked, it just looked good to him. But he wouldn't want to live in a place like this. There was something about this place that made him a little nervous. It was not a place he wanted to take Gavin into, but he wanted Gabrielle's mother to see that Gavin was a good addition to the family, and that he would make a good husband. He had been engaged to Gabrielle for over a year. Colton wanted to be able to see that Ariah was in good hands before he would start planning a wedding. That and see if Danielle Zhefarovich would want to attend. Colton looked over to see that there was a fountain, and that Gabrielle's hand had slipped into his own, and he gave her a light squeeze. She was nervous, he could tell, so he was going to remain calm and collected tone for the both of them. Colton looked over at Gabrielle, but he didn't answer with his words. He just shook his head, but didn't see her reaction or if she even saw. Colton looked over at his fiance when she said that it was odd, but he didn't know what she was talking about. As they walked, he was looking around the Manor. It was the first time that he had ever been inside of a Manor before, and it was kind of neat. His brown eyes looked over at the man that informed them that Danielle was not exactly in the best of moods. They had to be careful. Colton stood a little closer to Gabrielle, and thought that the man was somewhat being a little eerie. Colton watched as the man went away, before he looked over at Gabrielle and asked bluntly, "He wasn't checking me out, was he?" Little did he know was that Greyson was into men, but it was a feeling that he had. He was not the best at figuring out things, but he looked behind him to see that Gavin was hiding behind his legs. Colton wondered if the man had scared Gavin in some form. He reached down and hushed Gavin before he took his little hand into his own.

Gabrielle had to fight now to laugh at Colton’s reaction over Greyson. Especially since she knew that Greyson was picky about the men he went after. Sometimes she thought he was more of a solitary man than he was with anything. Even when they were kids he always wanted to be alone. Perhaps it was just because of the way he was rised though. His brother was often harsh on him. ”I do believe he was. I don’t blame him a bit though.” Gabrielle smirked before she leaned over and kissed her fiance’s cheek softly. Colton was pretty damn cute, she couldn’t be too angry at Greyson for having good taste in men. Besides, she didn’t intend on sharing him anyways. He was hers and hers alone. Just like her son. Greyson’s words did make Gabrielle a little nervous though. Her mother was in a mood? How bad of one was all she could think to herself. Gabrielle didn’t want to put Colton or Gavin in any danger. Danielle could be a very cold person when she wanted to be. Even if she did have a motherly side to her. With Colton’s sister being missing as well, she couldn’t help but wonder if he was going to question her mother about Ariah’s wereabouts. After all, she was married to the man that had arranged the entire marriage. ’I just hope he thinks before asks anything. My mother can be just as convincing as she is mean.’ Danielle can easily make others believe what she wants them to believe. It didn’t always work, but she was good at it when she wanted to be. Colton was never to her ways. He had never met her before. If anything that meant he had to be twice as careful. But Gabrielle had faith in Colton. He was a good man. His blood was pure, and he was respectful. He even had a good job! There was nothing in her eyes that her mother would distasteful about the man she was planning to marry. Even if Danielle didn’t approve, Gabrielle was going to marry him. She loved Colton with all her heart. He was the most wonderful man in the world, and he was hers. Hers and no one else’s. There was nothing in the world that she wouldn’t do for her fiance. This was just another trial that they had to overcome togeher. If Colton’s parents were still around she woul be willing to go with him and meet his if he wanted her to. His adoptive parents, possibly. He didn’t speak much over them so they made her a little nervous. But if he wanted to go to them and announce their engagement, that was fine with her. The hellway was quiet as the couple passed around many doors and rooms. The manor was so quiet today. It was almost as if they were quiet so they could hear the conversation between Danielle and Gabrielle. None of them really knew about the engagement yet, but she was sure once they had they would all try to poke their noses in on them. Colton would definitely become a new curious figure to them. He was like new meat.

The large double doors that lead to her mother’s office were closed as they usually were. Whenever they were closed it made Gabrielle really nervous to knock on them. Turning to Colton she took his face into her hands and pulled him into a deep kiss. No matter what her mother said, she was going to marry him. "Two things, one...be yourself. My mother hates it when people try to be something their not, and second...try to refrain from mentioning that your brother is an Auror." Gabrielle told him softly. She just wanted him to be himself. Be the Colton that she fell in love with. Whether Danielle liked him or not didn't matter as much to her. She just wanted her mother to meet her future son-in-law and her grandson before the wedding. No matter what her mother said, Gabrielle was going to be with the man she loved. "Ready?" Gabrielle asked him, Gavin didn't look like he was ready for anything. But she figured it was just because this place made him nervous. Hopefully Danielle would take well to both of them. They were going to become part of her future family soon. Gavin was part of her blood too. He was a blood relative. She had to connect with him in some form.​
<i>
</i>

Colton really felt odd now that he knew that the man was checking him out. He shuddered lightly, before he wondered what he ought to do or think about it. Colton had never been hit on by a gay man, so he did not know what to think about this at all. Colton looked over at his future wife before he shrugged, "But um, he is a guy. What am I supposed to do? I don't blame you at all, but him? I'm just...weirded out..." Colton shrugged lightly, before he smiled lightly when Gabrielle kissed his cheek. Colton just did not want to worry about having to deal with someone that was going to attempt to steal him from his beloved, even though he believed it was impossible by now. Colton could kind of tell that Gabrielle was nervous, but he didn't really understand why, but then again he did not get most of the whole family system thing worked at all. Colton would figure that out eventually, but he wanted to meet with Asparuh. However it seemed that he wasn't here, so that was a relief to Gabrielle, but nothing much to him. Colton didn't know if Gabrielle would know anything about Ariah, but he could ask just to cease his worries, but he didn't want to make this into a bigger pain than it should be. He did not know what type of woman this Danielle Zhefarovich was, and he knew that he would be on his best behavior. He looked over at Gabrielle once more, before he looked forward as they continued to walk. They could easily do this. After all they had survived many other things. If anything, he would have to be the gentle person that he truly was. Make sure that he was himself, because she might be able to see through that. He never hid behind a mask anyway. It wasn't worth it half of the time anyhow. He simply wondered if Danielle did not like him, then would their relationship be over just like that, because Danielle had some sort of unseen control over the family and their relationships with others. Whatever it was, if Danielle did not like him, he was still going to do what he pleased, which was stay with Gabrielle.

The whole hallway was somewhat eerie, and it had many doors and rooms, which led him to wonder how Gabrielle would know which room it was that Danielle was residing in at the moment. It could take them ages to figure it out. Colton was thankful that he wouldn't have to do this with his own side of the family. He was positive that he didn't need approval, however he was somewhat wrong on that. Collineus had already taken over, and was getting closer to claiming all of the pure-bloods as his own. The double doors that they were walking to were closed, and he wondered if this was the place where they would meet up with Danielle. However he was taken aback when Gabrielle kissed him deeply, which he was confused on. Was this like the last meeting or something? He was told that he should be himself, and refrain from mentioning that his brother was an Auror. Colton could not resist questioning on that, "Why would my brother be a concern of hers? He lives on another continent. I'll be myself though." He kind of already knew that, but he didn't really care. She was just worried, and he might not know why, but he would be the Colton that he naturally was, for the sake of Gabrielle. Colton bent down, and he picked up Gavin into his arms, and he held him as Gabrielle asked if he was ready. Colton shrugged and he replied, "As I will ever be." Colton looked over at Gavin before he moved his hair from his son's eyes, making sure that he looked good enough for the grandmother. Gavin was a cutie, and he knew that he would be eye candy for others, even if he was shy around new people. It reminded Colton of himself, because he was like that when he was younger, as far as he could remember anyway.

Gabrielle was tempted to laugh. Colton probably didn't realize how adorable he was at times. Especially in Gabrielle's eyes. "You ignore it silly. He'll get the hint." He likely didn't have experience in these sort of things so it was easy to see why he was confused and unsure of what to do. Greyson was not all that outgoing either so it wasn't like he would do much more than flirt with Colton. When he was younger he wasn't as shy as he was now, but Gabrielle did recall him being much more of a bully. Hopefully Colton would follow her advice and let it go. He was hers and there was nothing that could be done about it unless someone perished. Which Gabrielle suspected wasn't going to happen for a very long time. Especially if her mother became fond of Colton. Colton's question about his brother and why he would concern her mother made Gabrielle frown. Surely he understood that there were some people out here who meant a threat to those who were good or at least believed in their beliefs. Danielle was one of the worst. Danielle didn't hide how she felt about people like Adrian. Danielle was going to test Colton. Gabrielle knew that much without even seeing her mother beforehand. She was going to try and get under his skin to see if she could discover what makes him tick and what makes him squirm. Colton had to understand that he was about to enter a different world. Thankfully Asparuh was not here. That would make it a thousand times worse. Danielle had some sort of a heart, as far as Gabrielle knew, he had none. Her hands went up to his face. "There's something you should know. My mother....can be very cruel at times. You're about to enter a world where about to enter a world where compassion rarely exists and only the most heartless come out on top." Gabrielle muttered thinking about the Lefevre's, Zhefarovich's, and the Snow's. There were other families too but those were the ones she knew more personally. Soon Colton's youngest sister would be mixed up into all of this. Smiling softly once more at Colton she prayed her mother was in a decent mood then opened the heavy door.

"Mom?" Gabrielle questioned as she entered within the room and gazed around. There she saw her mother standing in front of a large window looking outside. Gabrielle's smaller hand attached onto Colton's hand as she pulled him inside. Gavin seemed to be curious at the moment as well. The first thing Gabrielle waited for was for a confused look to form onto Colton's face. Yes Gabrielle just told him that her mother could be cruel, but here was this woman that looked nothing short of angelic. Danielle turned her head and let her eyes rest on the couple. Gabrielle felt butterflies in her stomach. Danielle was not only much more beautiful than Gabrielle ever felt, but she was even shorter than Gabrielle was too. Which was quite funny since Gabrielle was considerably shorter than Colton. Danielle must look like a shrimp to him. But oh he would soon discover that she was no force to be taken lightly. "Mom..this is Colton. My fiance. And this, is Gavin. Your grandson." Gabrielle replied, almost quietly as her mother turned around and cast her a look of full-blown confusion. It faded away and soon coldness returned to her features. Gabrielle hoped her mother didn't intend to say anything harsh already. Gabrielle could see the dark mark so bright and bold against her mothers pale skin as well.​
<i>
</i>

</COLOR>
<COLOR color="#5a70b3">Danielle snorted when Gabrielle attempted to introduce the other two in the room. It seemed that her daughter had forgotten who she was and whom she was capable of. It wouldn't take long before she remembered though. "I know who they are, Gabrielle." Danielle answered coldly as she stepped away from the window gracefully. Her eyes never leaving the new figures within the room. Strangely it would seem that Danielle was actually curious about the boy that her daughter was so smitten with. What was it that made him so interesting to Gabrielle? Danielle knew Colton's father. She hoped Colton was not as much like him as she thought. Aric Rowan was a mess and an idiot. He died because he was reckless and foolish. Danielle didn't pity the man whatsoever. He got what was coming to him. That man asked for an early death by being like he was. Chances were that Colton wasn't aware of just how stupid his father was though. Danielle approached Colton. The funny part was that Danielle was even shorter than Gabrielle was. Gabrielle was easily some inches shorter than Colton. But height and size made little of a difference to Danielle. Her dark mark was open and visible as well. Danielle didn't care if he saw it or not. "You must be Aric's son. Let's hope you turned out a lot smarter than he did." Danielle muttered under her breath as she stepped away from him. Her angelic blue eyes bore into his dark brown ones for a moment. Perhaps she should ask Gabrielle to leave so Danielle could actually attempt to break into this boy's head and see what he was really made of. Without having Gabrielle throw a fit.

"Gabrielle, go take your son to meet Axelle. I'd like to get to know this boy on my own terms. He won't be harmed or anything. Calling it a bonding moment if it makes you feel better." Danielle spoke in French to her daughter. She figured that Gabrielle would not be happy but Arnost and Axelle might like some company since he decided to stick around as well, even though he wasn't wanted. Gabrielle looked like she was about to argue, but Danielle narrowed her eyes at Gabrielle and she immediately shut up. Gabrielle took a hold of the baby and bid her goodbye. Danielle rolled her eyes once she left. "I do believe Gabrielle has spent too much time away from home. She has become so insolent and naive. Or perhaps you have softened her up too much. I can't be so sure just yet." Danielle stated as she leaned her thin frame against the desk. Gabrielle used to be a cold little soldier. What happened to the coldness she once bore? Did this boy melt her ice? Danielle certainly didn't hope. It took years to build that up. "Care to explain to me why I should let you marry my daughter?" Danielle was waiting for this boy to run his mouth. She knew Gabrielle was right outside the door too. Danielle could prevent this entire thing from happening. She didn't want to but it was harder to trust people these days. Even if he appeared to care, Danielle didn't want to easily let him in. He was lucky her husband wasn't here. Asparuh was ten times more serious about situations such as these. Danielle's expression remained cold. Colton at least seemed like he was more calm than most his age were.​
<i>
</i>

Colton did not feel like he should be here. His love for Gabrielle was stronger than his will or desire to leave everything be and to never be apart of something like this. He was sure, whatever was brought down on him, he would end up falling without fear. Colton was a strong man, and the only thing that actually did create fear in him was when Gabrielle was going to be hurt, and that man that was all white with that smirk on his lips. It really freaked him out. Colton continued to hold his position, not knowing how he was standing and his posture was nothing like his father's side of the family, but the strength that came from his mother's side. Colton looked down as Gabrielle's mother Danielle approached him, and her small size was nearly humorous, but nothing like that flickered across his eyes. Colton's eyes went down to the Dark Mark, and knew exactly what it was. He had learned it when he had seen Raisa Zhefarovich, a beautiful Death Eater, dead on a slab with many wounds, one puncturing her side and caused her to bleed to death. She was also a mother, a newer one. When she said that he must have been Aric's son, it took a moment to figure out just who she meant. He shrugged when she also added that she hoped he was a lot smarter than his biological father. He didn't care. He never met his real dad, just a few letters. That was all. As far as he was concerned, his birth parents never wanted anything to do with him, and it was not until they had been close to death when he got closer to his siblings. When she bore into his eyes, he wondered what she was looking for, if anything.

Then she talked to Gabrielle in French. He looked over to his fiance, before he wondered what was going to happen. It was quite rude that she would talk in a language that he did not understand right in front of him but he had a feeling that she would not give a rat's ass. So Colton remained silent. Gabrielle took Gavin from him, and he looked behind him as she left. So, obviously this woman was going to want to talk to him alone, probably try to find something wrong with him. Colton simply folded his arms across his chest and waited for this to hurry. Colton had patience beyond galore, and there was just one person that he had little patience over. And that was none other than his former best friend, Kalina. Colton averted his eyes to the ground when she started to talk about Gabrielle and how she had become naive and insolent. Colton started to wonder why this woman would insult her own daughter like that, when Gabrielle had only done what she said, without back talk. However Colton remained silent. That is, until she asked him why she should let him marry Gabrielle. Colton looked back at the small frame, and narrowed his eyes ever so slightly. He did not expect her to let them get married. He was not seeking permission, but approval. If she didn't approve, she could kill him. Colton would have at least died in dignity, doing what he felt was right. Finally, he stated, "Depends. I'll be honest with you, I am ignorant to these big families with laws. It is rather simple. It's about love. Despite of that, I can't make you believe a word I say. Unless I am given a truth potion." All of his words were somewhat monotone, but he was not sounding rude, or even pleasant. It was a balance, and almost cold. Colton did have a dark side, like most Cardosi members, but one just had to find it.

Danielle resisted the urge chuckle. It was easily obvious that he had no idea what he was getting himself into by being with Gabrielle. Especially with the families. His father was ignorant of these laws too. It was easy to see that Arin passed many of his traits down to his son. It wasn't a horrible thing. But Danielle did have to wonder whether it or not it would be a problem in the future or not. Arin was never an enemy to Danielle, just more or less an idiot. Danielle glanced down at the floor for a quick moment. Colton didn't appear to be a liar. That much Danielle could tell just by looking at him. But otherwise, there was nothing else she could be certain of. "I don't think of you as a liar. We just need to be careful who we trust these days. There are plenty of people who would love to take us down. Gabrielle, doesn't really pay attention to such things. She allows her emotions to control her too easily." Danielle stated. She saw no reason not to trust him, but she just wanted to be very cautious about him. Her bright blue eyes stared down at whom was to be her future son-in-law. At least he was respectful and knew better than to run his mouth. That was something Danielle appreciated greatly. But he claimed he was here because of love. That was what made Danielle grow curious. Danielle never understood love really. It was a complicated and messy. Especially in younger people. A lot of crying seemed to be involved too from what Danielle gathered. Danielle and Asparuh were never 'in love'. Their relationship with one another wasn't based on that. Danielle had never really based her relationship with others, by love. It was too powerful of an emotion for her to be comfortable with. So when the young man before her spoke of love, a look of confusion displayed itself vividly upon Danielle's face.

"Love?" Danielle repeated slowly. She knew it was beyond her knowledge now. There was little room in her heart to try and find a way to understand it. "I don't really understand the concept of love. Or why it makes people act or do the things they do. If you ask me...it turns people stupid." Danielle rolled her eyes. Even her own children acted like fools when it came to this love business. They fought, they killed, they cried, they had done it all. Like Danielle said, she didn't understand how it could make people so crazy. It was powerful too. Sometimes, it even made others stronger. Danielle moved away from the desk she was leaning against and approached Colton. "Are you sure it's really love and not something else?" Danielle questioned. It wasn't that she was calling him a liar. Just that she didn't know how he knew if it was truly love he felt, or if it was something else. Danielle figured she would never understand her daughters life or why she decided to live like she did. Gabrielle was very emotionally attached to the man and the child she bore. Almost attached to the point where Danielle knew she would risk her life for the both of them.​
<i>
</i>

Colton kept his straight posture, an obvious sign of respect. After all, he knew little about this woman, just that she was supposedly scary, and was a Death Eater. With her short stature, it was almost impossible for him to take her seriously, however this was Gabrielle's mother. Colton just knew that he would have to do something in order to make sure that she doesn't turn into an insane woman. Death Eaters were not to be messed with, and Colton knew better. He simply didn't care on how things were run. He only cared for himself, and his small family. As long as no one messed with them, he was perfectly fine. He'd kill a Death Eater for attacking his son or future wife, or kill an Auror. It did not matter to him. Colton shrugged and he nodded, "I understand. To be honest, I am sure that if I even tried, it would be more like a suicide mission. So I don't see why people would bother. And I'm selfish. I only care for the well being of my small family, including Gabrielle." Colton honestly was speaking, and it was still in that almost monotone stature that he carried. It was apart of who he was. He was part-Rowan and part-Cardosi. Some would say, that he had more Cardosi blood seeing as he seemed to be more like those members than the Rowans. It was not like he knew that though. He never met much of either side of his family. He only knew of his adopted side, the Kovacs. They were respectable, and kept out of the business of the good versus evil fight.

The healer could see that it was obvious she didn't really understand the whole concept of love, and this was the part that Colton did not like about the big families. Did everyone not love or something? It was because of love that he had the will to come here, it was because of love why he wanted to get married, and it was because of love that Gavin had been born into the world. This was where he felt sorry for Danielle for not understanding it. This did not reflect upon his features. From what he had heard about Asparuh, she was almost a clone of him. Just smaller. Colton shrugged, "I don't think I will ask then." Not that he ever planned on it. She kind of threw her opinion in on it, but to each their own. It was then when she asked if it was really about love, and not something else, did Colton have to narrow his eyes slightly. If one understood love, then they could easily see it. Since she did not understand it, she would not know if it was really about love or not. Colton let out a sigh, and he murmured, "I don't know how to answer that to someone that doesn't really understand the whole concept. I suppose I can just point out, I came here to meet you. I stuck around Gabrielle when Gavin was born, and didn't run off. Otherwise, I don't know what else to tell you." Then again, who was she to question it if she didn't understand the first to begin with. Colton didn't want to express that out of respect, but he did the best he could to someone ignorant of the powerful emotion.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back