Joshua's apartment

Joshua Hanson

Joshua apparated back to the apartment he had before Christmas. He was furious. He had gone to the supermarket for some groceries and came back to Cloe's to find out she had left. All of her things were gone. They were just GONE! He had stormed around the house. All of her furniture was gone, clothes, even the dishes. She had left nothing of hers behind. The only thing that was in the house was anything related to him. His clothes were in her closet. His belongings were where they had been in and on the furniture. It was like the furniture had just disappeared around his things.

He finally found a note in the bedroom. On the wall were the bed used to be located were the words "I'm Sorry" written magically on the wall.

The only thing he had left of his family was a photo album of Cloe and Blake that she had given him for Christmas.

He wandered around the apartment, randomly blowing things up with his wand. He finally got the bright idea of touching his mark on his arm and summoning Tristan. He would know what to do to help. If nothing else, he would help him put things in perspective.

Tristan started as he felt a burning sensation crawling up his arm, and wondering what was wrong, he apparated to the place of the summoner. Knocking on the door of Joshua's apartment confidently, he crossed his arms, waiting around for him.

Josh was sitting on the sofa with his head in his hands when there was a knock on the door. He walked over cautiously, peeking out the peephole to see who it was. He took a deep breath when he noticed Tristan out there. Quickly he opened the door. "Hey. Get inside before you are seen," he stated in a stage whisper.

Tristan moved inside, his expression vacant. "What is the matter?" he asked, not sure what he was reading on Joshua's face.

Joshua shut the door and walked over to the sofa and sat down. "She left man. I don't know what happened. I went to the store. When I came back, everything was gone. The only things left in the house were mine. It was as if she never existed."

Tristan raised his eyebrow, taking a seat down on the couch. "Who are you talking about?" he inquired, wondering who 'she' was.

Joshua looked over at Tristan in surprise. He hadn't thought about the fact that he had not been in contact with him since finding Cloe. "Man, I forgot I haven't spoken with you in a while. I found Cloe Lestrange. Well, I had found her at least."

Tristan remembered that Josh had had a relationship with Cloe a while back, and he simply nodded. "Well, were you two living with each other or something? Did something big happen?" He listened intently, not having talked with his good friend in a while.

"I'm sorry. Maybe I should start at the beginning. I forgot how little I have spoken with you," Joshua replied. "Yeah, something big did happen actually. You remember how we were off on assignment and it took longer than expected? Well, she didn't wait for me and when I got back, Cloe was gone. I looked for her forever, but she covered her tracks too well. Turns out she was in New Zealand this whole time," Joshua paused for a moment, remembering the grief he had given Tristan about having kids out of wedlock. "She was working there for the Ministry, raising our son."

Tristan raised his eyebrow, a look of melancholy coming to his face. That particular assignment was one just a year after he had lost Lorelei and when he had left Estrella to Carlisle. "I'm sorry," he replied, not sure what else to say. "That was a rather sh1tty thing of her to do; I mean, leaving without an explanation." He suddenly recognized the hypocrisy in his voice, and snapped his mouth shut quickly.

"Thanks man. I feel so stupid. She did this to me again. Why did I not see this coming?" Josh ran his hands through his hair. "We were living with each other again. I just met my son over Christmas. Blake is a Slytherin at Hogwarts New Zealand. That is, if she let him stay there. I cannot exactly contact him in case my location is compromised."

Tristan immediately felt bad for Josh, not sure what to say. "Maybe you should check Hogwarts Scotland?" he suggested. "I mean, he is your son."

"Might not be a bad idea. I was thinking of sending an owl to Lily, Blake's girlfriend. He brought her home over Christmas. Maybe she has a clue where they went or if he is still in school." Josh leaned his head back and groaned. "I just wish that I had seen this coming. Women!" He looked at Tristan. "I'm sorry for dumping all this on you man. How are your kids doing?"

"Maybe you should send a letter to her," Tristan agreed, not able to offer any more explanations.

"Nah, it's alright," he replied, "What are friends for? Erik is doing fine; he is getting over teething, I believe, and has started to talk a bit. I mean, babbled words, mostly 'Dada', 'mama,' and 'No.' No is his favorite word to use; something that oddly, he takes after his sister." His expression darkened a bit. "As for Estrella, she has not written back in a while. I was hoping to establish a somewhat healthy relationship with her, and I was hoping for a reply when I sent her Christmas presents."

He shrugged. "But what in the world am I supposed to expect?"

Josh chuckled as Tristan described Erik's behavior, then saddened a bit. "Yeah. But just remember, you are there for him and get to enjoy every minute of it." He stood up and walked over to the window where his owl was perched. He smiled then moved to the desk next to the perch and grabbed a piece of parchment and wrote a quick note.
Lily,
I was wondering if Blake is still at school with you. Cloe took off about a week ago. I have no idea where she is. I was just wondering what you know about things. Please send a response with my owl.
Josh

He attached the letter to the owl's leg, and then stepped back for a second in thought. Finally shaking his head at not remembering the girl's last name, he took the letter off and added a quick note to the bottom of the letter.
PS: Lily, what is your last name? I could not remember for the life of me. Thanks.

With that he attached the letter again and gave hopefully good enough info to the owl. "Lily at Hogwarts New Zealand. She's a Ravenclaw 2nd year." He hoped there were not too many Lily's in the class.

As the owl took off, he turned to Tristan. "Well, hopefully soon we will know a bit more about my son's whereabouts. Want a drink?"

Tristan could only nod, as Josh wrote the letter, finding it quite odd that he couldn't remember the girl's last name. He sat, bent over, clasping his hands together, and his head stepped up as Josh mentioned drinks.

He smiled. "Of course. Want to go to this pub I found in Liverpool?" he inquired, his expression passive; he was trying to cut back on the drinking.

"Sounds good to me. Do we need to take precautions with our appearances or is this place safe for us?" Josh asked.

"No; I don't believe we would," Tristan said, "In any case, we can get out of there quickly if we get into a fix." He grimaced; he didn't want to go to Azkaban, but on the other hand, he felt safe enough. They couldn't possibly get him on charges of murder. Or could they?

"Great." Josh was a bit nervous about being out in the wizarding world since the breakout. He trusted his friend, and he was almost more wanted than Josh was. "I probably should change my shirt. Be back in a second." Josh walked into his bedroom, peeling off the t-shirt he was wearing and picking out a clean one from the pile he brought back from Cloe's house. He was kind of hoping that Lily would get back to him quickly, so he would have some peace of mind before he left with Tristan.

((How is Lily supposed to get to you that fast? :o ))

Tristan twiddled his thumbs as he waited on the couch, contemplating on whether to pull out one of his cigars or not.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back