Joshua's Apartment

Cloe awoke with a startle, she had almost forgotten she was with Joshua. She blinked up at him then broke into a smile. "Morning," she whispered quietly.

"Morning" Joshua whispered back softly. He moved his hand to her chin and tipped it up, kissing her full on the lips.

Cloe kissed Joshua back as her heart skipped a couple of beats. He still made her feel this way. Pulling away, she asked, "What now?" She wasn't sure how things were going to pull through. Were they supposed to just pick up where they left off?

"Well, I guess that is up to you. I will not force you into anything you are not ready for." Joshua replied gently. He wanted to have her back in his life, but if she was not ready or willing, he would not push it.

Cloe took a moment to draw in her thoughts. She had been waiting for this moment for what seemed like a life time, all she knew was that she was not going to lose Joshua again. "I want to spend the rest of my life with you... This," she said, taking his hand into hers, "is what I want."

Just then, an owl landed on the windowsill of Joshua's living room window. Cloe did not recognise the owl, but she caught a quick glimpse of the the familiar slanted writing with which the name Cloe had been written.
Sliding off the couch, Joshua's hand slipping out of her own, Cloe stode over to the window and opened it hastily. Owl's had myterious ways of tracking down people, but still, she was more than surprised to see the neat handwriting of her son's.
Quickly untying the letter from the owl's outstretched leg, Cloe took the letter and made her way back to Joshua's side. Without a word of explanation, she tore it open and unfolded the soft paper, her eyes wide as she read in desperation and excitement, that Blake would actually have taken the time to write to her.
Dear Mom,

I am sorry for not having written to you throughout the first semester of school, I have been busy. Just informing you that I will not be returning for the holidays as I have some plans made already. Happy Christmas and also have a wonderful New Year. I guess I will be seeing you during the summer then.

Blake

Joshua relaxed as Cloe spoke, finally realizing he was getting what he had wanted all those years ago. "Cloe, this is what I want too. I have wanted this for a very long time."

He watched as Cloe retrieved the letter from the surprise owl, and read it. "Who is that from? Is that Blake?"

Cloe hesitated before she replied to Joshua's question. Although Blake had written, his words were empty and Cloe could tell he was still holding so much against her. "It's from Blake, he says he has plans for the holidays," Cloe said finally, handing the letter to Joshua.

Joshua read over the letter. This made things more difficult. He wanted to at least meet his son, even if he did not know he was actually his father. "Write him back and ask him to change his plans and come home. Tell him you have someone you want him to meet. If he is stubborn like his father here, then we will go to him. You will see your son and I will meet him, even if it just is as an old friend of yours for now." Joshua pulled Cloe close and gave her a long kiss. "Why don't you send him a letter right away?"

Joshua felt his heart drop a bit when she said she should go home. He wouldn't stop her if that was what she really wanted, but he wanted her to stay, or to go with her there. "Do you really want to leave?" He pulled her close to him and looked her in the eyes. "Because I don't want you to go."

Joshua kissed her back with a passion that had been held dormant for years. "If you want to go home, I could come with you."

"No, this is fine," Cloe replied, remembering the photographs in her house which she would rather Joshua did not see in case it triggered any bitterness in either of them. "Do you have an owl? I just want to send a letter to Blake."
Cloe reached into her cloak and pulled out a folder in which she kept extra leaflets of paper and her non-ink-refiling quill. As she came to the end of her letter, she quickly scanned over it before she handed it to Joshua, in case he had something to add.
Blake,

I am glad you wrote to me, if at all. I understand that you are busy, and I do not blame you. Still I would have expected a little more from your letter. You simply dismissed the idea of you coming home to spend Christmas with me, and did not even bother to explain into further detail why that would be. I do realise though that you have probably made good friends and that you would rather spend time with them, but I am your mother and I just wish you would come home. I miss you.
Moving on, as nagging is not my intention for this letter. I would really appreciate it if you came home for Winter Break. Our house is rather lonely, and I would love to spend as much time with you as possible.
However, if it comes to this, then I guess you may invite a friend over. Although I seriously emphasise on this being quality family time for us. There is someone I would like you to meet. An old friend.
I would appreciate an immediate response, but whenever is fine. Hope to hear from you soon.

Love,
Mom

"My owl is in the bedroom. Feel free to use him." Joshua replied. He read over the letter that Cloe handed to him. "Sounds good to me. Now lets hope he responds quickly." He took Cloe's hand and lead her to the bedroom to where the owl sat on a perch. He watched as she tied the letter to the owl's leg, and sent him on his way. As she moved to head from the room, Joshua had other ideas. "Hey, now, not so fast." he said with a devilish grin on his face. Joshua gave Cloe a kiss full on the lips, hoping she would follow his thinking.

(((sorry for the godmod there. :p )))

(( :D no problem lol))

Cloe giggled at Joshua's devilish grin, kissing him back as she ran her fingers through his hair. Pulling away from his kiss, Cloe held her gaze on him, "Are we ready for this?"

((amateur :"> lol))

(((Hey! It's PG remember! lol :)) )))

"Well there is only one way to find out." Joshua replied, kissing Cloe again, this time with more passion.

((lol, believe me. i am trying :p ))

As the silence settled over, Cloe lost herself in the heat of the moment. She felt younger, exotic and free. She was with the man she loved, and that was all that mattered. His passion became hers, his breath became hers, and together they were one.

(( =)) =)) ))

Users who are viewing this thread

Back