Joshua's Apartment

Joshua Hanson

Joshua landed them in the living room of his apartment. He had managed to secure the place when he modified some memories of the previous residents and the landlord. He still held on to Cloe a few seconds longer than he should have, releasing her reluctantly. Walking over to the bar, he poured himself a drink, then turned to look at Cloe. "Care for something to drink?"

Cloe looked around the living room, taking it into view. She turned back to Joshua who was pouring himself a drink. "Um.. sure. Water will be fine," she answered.

He quickly poured a glass of water and walked over to Cloe, glass in his hand extended to her. Joshua then hung his cloak up before he made his way to the black leather sofa and took a seat. He motioned for Cloe to take a seat next to him since there really wasn't much in the way of seating in the room.
"Okay, we need to resolve the issues between us so we can do what is best for our child."

Cloe took the glass of water from Joshua and sat down on the the sofa. She was still scanning the room, as it reminded her much of their old apartment. Brushing this thought to the back of her head, she turned to face Joshua. She looked at him silently, not sure of what to say.

As he took a long drink of his firewhiskey, Joshua observed Cloe. She was looking all around from her seat. He was turned on the sofa to where he was facing her.
"Alright, how am I going to be able to convince you that I want to be part of Blake's life?"

Cloe sighed deeply, then she spoke in a calm voice, "No, I believe you. I'm just not sure Blake will be ready to meet you, let alone find out about you being his biological father."

Joshua looked at Cloe, one eyebrow raised. "I am glad that you realize that I did not want to leave you last time, and will be around this time as well." He smiled warmly at her, hoping that she would understand he really meant it. "Maybe I could meet Blake and not tell him who I really am. Is he at Hogwarts in England or here?"

"No. In the likely event that you finally do reveal yourself to him as his father, he will not forgive either of us for holding out on him," Cloe stated, looking Joshua full on in the face. Her heart pounded a beat faster as memories of their 'old' life together escaladed over in her mind. Quickly dropping her gaze, she took a gulp of water. "Blake is at Hogwarts New Zealand. I wanted to keep him close..."

"Well, then, what would you suggest Cloe?" Joshua looked at her, realizing just how much he had missed her all these years. He wanted to do things right this time, and not abandon her as he had ended up doing last time.

"I think, over the Christmas break, we should tell him together," Cloe replied, fidling with the rim of her glass. "I plan to have him home for Christmas."

Joshua thought for a moment, and then agreed. "I think that would be a good idea. When does he return from school?"

"I'm sure it's about a week before Christmas, although I could be wrong. Blake hasn't exactly been writing to me..." Cloe said solemnly, taking a pause to finish her glass of water, still avoiding Joshua's gaze.

Joshua looked at Cloe. He was concerned with what she just had admitted. "Why isn't he writing to you? When was the last time you heard from him?" He hoped he didn't come off as being cruel or condescending, but more concerned with the situation. It sounded like things were not going the best between Cloe and Blake, and could get worse if he enters an already precarious situation.

"Blake was more of a father's boy, if you could say that. The last time I spoke to him was probably the morning he left for school. He hasn't bothered to write to me, even tell me what house he is in or what not," Cloe spoke firmly while preserving her calm demeanor.
She did not understand her son. Blake had always been quiet around her, but still Cloe could not imagine why he would be so bitter towards her as to not write her at all since his departure. She merely shrugged it off as Blake being too busy with school work to write her.

Joshua was surprised at the lack of communication. That was not a good sign. If she wasn't able to keep in touch with him, how was he going to be able to establish a relationship with his son. "Okay. It sounds like this is going to be a very tender situation then. Is it possible that he is not planning on coming home if you have not heard from him? Maybe you should send him a letter offering to bring a friend home. It might make things easier for him to deal with if he has someone else to talk with."
He moved closer to Cloe and put his arm around her shoulders, pulling her close. He looked her in the eyes and added, "We will figure this out. He may be mad and confused at first, but it will all work out in the end."

Cloe shrugged as Joshua spoke, and as he moved closer, putting his arm around her, she felt the urge to shift away from him. But unexpectedly Cloe leaned against his shoulder, retreating to the comfort of his warmth. She drew in the scent of him with one intake of air, closing her eyes as she brought up her arms and hugged him around the neck.
"I hope you're right..." she whispered into his ear.

Joshua was surprised when Cloe put her arms around his neck. He had not expected that reaction from her, but was pleased she was finally coming around. As she hugged him, he circled his arms around her back and pulled her close. "It'll be alright. Maybe not right away, but it will work out," he whispered back. Joshua lifted her face from his shoulder, looking deeply into her eyes. "I missed you Cloe. I did not realize just how much until I saw you tonight." His left hand was behind her head, and he pulled her gently to him, kissing her lovingly on the lips.

Cloe felt his tender lips on hers, and in the heat of the moment, she kissed him back with such longing, she came to realise she had missed Joshua more than she had ever anticipated.
After a moment, she broke away, her eyes filled with tears. "Josh, I'm sorry I didn't wait for you... I should've known you would come back to me, I should have never doubted you. I've missed you too, far more than you could imagine," Cloe sobbed, trying with difficulty to fight back her tears. As she rested her head on the arc of his neck, her tears began to flow heedlessly.

Joshua cradled Cloe in his arms as she cried. He stroked her hair and back, letting her get it all out. "Its okay. I should have sent word back when I could, even if it could have blown my cover. You were the most important thing in my life then, and I hope you will be again, that is, if you will allow me back into your life."

Cloe had no words to express how she felt. Drawing herself up, she kissed Joshua again passionately. Breaking away, she spoke the words which she had been longing to say, "I love you..."

Joshua was stunned. He had figured that her anger had stemmed from her love for him, but had not expected her to admit that so soon. He had never stopped loving her either, and that thought had haunted him from the day he came home to find her missing. He looked deep into her eyes. "Cloe, I love you. I never stopped."

Joshua felt Cloe snuggle in to him. He wrapped his arms around her and closed his eyes. He was elated that he was holding Cloe again. He was tired, but he did not want to move from the spot.

As sunlight streamed in through the window at his face, Joshua woke up. He hadn't realized that he had fallen asleep. He looked down at the sleeping Cloe wrapped in his arms and smiled. It wasn't a dream after all. He held her closer, waiting for her to wake up so they could figure things out from there. They need to figure out what they are going to do from this point forward. They were back together, but are they going to live together again, get married, have more babies, not change anything at all? Joshua had so many questions running through his head at this point, but the biggest one of all was if his son would accept him in his life.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back