Joie de vivre

Alyssa Chevalier

OOC First Name
Jessye
Wand
Willow Wand 13 1/4" Essence of Veela Hair
Alyssa Chevalier was currently on the floor helping her son construct a tower of blocks. Luckily she had the day off due to the doctor's appointment she had earlier on this morning, so she could spend some time with her son before Vincent came home. Apparently he wanted to try and start putting the crib together today. Alyssa wouldn't complain to that. She was was just about seven months pregnant, so getting anything done besides eating and sleeping was currently a chore. Every once and awhile she would find a random burst of energy that allowed her to clean or work out for a little bit. But usually she was wiped out by the end of the day. Thankfully Vincent was willing to help out in any way that he could. "I wonder when I should tell him the sex of the baby?" Alyssa had just found out the other day actually, and was wondering when Vincent would start to be curious about it. At first Alyssa had wanted it to be a surprise, but the curiosity started to ebb away at her, so she found out during today's appointment. "Wow Chacen, what a big tower!" Alyssa commented on her son's tower. Alyssa loved it when Chacen decided to choose something more quiet to do. Keeping a four year old out of trouble was a lot harder than most people expected. Especially one as social as Chacen was. Bringing him through the grocery store was a nightmare. He went up to any stranger he could and struck up a conversation, especially if it was a pretty girl. Outside, Alyssa could hear the sound of someone approaching the house and smiled to herself. It sounded like Vincent was finally home. Apparently Chacen heard it too because he was up and running towards the door in mere seconds. Sadly, for Alyssa it took a lot longer to get up.

"I feel like a walrus." Alyssa sighed once she managed to get up. Just in time for the door to open and Vincent to arrive home from work. The poor man worked so much. Alyssa wished she could find a way to help him relax more. But lately, she had been more of a burden to Vincent than anything. After Chacen had his moment of bombarding his father with attention, it was finally Alyssa's turn to shower him with affection. "Welcome home handsome." Alyssa approached him leaned up to give him a chaste kiss on the lips. Usually a hug would follow right after, but her bulging belly made it really hard for her to get close to him at all without some real effort. It wouldn't be like that forever though. When the front door was closed behind Vincent, Alyssa intertwined her hand with his. So...are you still up for doing the Nursery today?" Alyssa questioned with a bat of her long eyelashes. Of course she would wait until he had relaxed a little bit, but she was curious as to whether or not today would be the day. "Our daughter needs somewhere to sleep after all." Alyssa tried to resist smirking after she had revealed to Vincent that they were indeed having a baby girl this time. Alyssa was pretty shocked. She had figured it would have been another boy. Apparently that was not going to be the case. Alyssa was just as excited over a girl though. She would finally have someone to doll up and go shopping with. Hopefully Vincent wouldn't be too bummed about not having another boy. Chacen was pretty excited about having a sister as well. Then again, Alyssa had always considered him to be a ladies man.

Vincent Chevalier had one exhausting day at work, which was being an Auror. He had yet to catch any Scitorari members, and he did not even know how to find them. They were so underground, he did not know what to do about it. Vincent was tired, and he still had to deal with some criminals coming in, and then paperwork. He had long hours, but that was about it. He looked around the area as he made sure that his place was locked tight. He left the Ministry before he apparated home. He had a lot of things to do. He and Alyssa were finally having another baby. He did not think that they would have another boy, but truth be told, he really wanted a girl. Did that make him a bad person, if he was going to have a little boy, that he would be a little disappointed? Well, he wanted another child, but maybe he was not specific enough? Chacen was getting older too, and he did not want him to go through the lonely life of being an only child. Vincent always wanted a brother or a sister. He wanted to be able to be a big brother. However he did not think that Amauri would go for that, since he did not have anymore children after Vincent because of Vincent’s mom. He sighed and he looked down at the beach while he walked up to his house. He was ready to see his lovely wife. She was lovely, and man did they have a lot of intimate moments. All of which he enjoyed but they had slowed down quite a bit due to her pregnancy. Vincent did not know much about those things and pregnancy, but it was better safe than sorry. He unlocked the door and he walked through it to see his son greeting him immediately. Chacen really needed to learn not to do that.

The Auror looked at his wife and saw her swollen belly immediately. If he was not mistaken, she had an appointment earlier today, and she was pretty far along. Vincent gave Chacen enough attention enough to soothe him for the time being. Once he was running off to do whatever, he received and returned the lingering kiss that Alyssa greeted him with. How he loved that attention from her. He grinned at her and then gave her a swift hug, not caring that her stomach was blocking most of his body from touching hers. He used his foot to close the door behind him and he asked, “How have my favorite three people been today?” He counted Alyssa as two since she was carrying another. Their hands were soon together, and Alyssa asked if he was still up for doing the nursery today. Oh right, he had not told her that he had been working on it when he was alone. That did not happen often so he just had the crib and a blanket. A few stuffed toys, and the diaper changing station that they had used with Chacen. He could not use a color scheme because he did not know whether they were going to have a boy or a girl. Vincent then heard that their daughter would need a place to sleep. He looked at Alyssa and he beamed, his voice soft because he was speechless, “We are having a baby girl? This is amazing!” It was just what he wanted! He tugged on her hand as he led her over to the nursery that he was working on in his quiet time, “I have been working on it, but all we need now would be girl things.” He opened the door, revealing the unfinished nursery.​

Vincent asked how his three favorite people were doing and Alyssa needed a minute to realize what he had actually said to her. "Ah he must be asking about the baby too!" Well wasn't that sweet of him to ask? Alyssa smiled softly and let her light blue eyes fall over to Chacen. The young boy knew that he was going to be a big brother soon, but there were times when he seemed like he had no idea what that actually meant. "I've been pretty good. Really tired of having to put so much effort in getting up all the time though. Chacen's been pretty good today, though he's getting a little bit too picky about the foods he eats. And your daughter is most certainly not shy in making demands of her own." This baby brought on cravings that weren't too abnormal or anything so that wasn't the problem with the baby making demands. It was how sudden the cravings came, and how they were so powerful. The other night Alyssa wound up waking Vincent as she tried to make a fruit smoothie at three in the morning. Today the baby insisted that she wanted blueberry yogurt. Alyssa wasn't the biggest fan of yogurt either but that was what the baby craves, and refused to let anything else taste good for her until she had some of it. "How was work today?" Alyssa leaned forward and kissed him against softly. Alyssa once read that it was important to kiss your spouse at least once a day as it could help their marriage last longer. Then again with the way Alyssa and Vincent were with one another, it kind of seemed like they were on the right track with making sure that they spent time with one another and remained intimate.

"I'm surprised you're so happy to hear that we're having a girl! Most men would love to have more boys that they can play ball with and stuff." Alyssa was surprised, and at the same time she was in awe. ?It was cute to see a man so happy to hear that he would be having a daughter instead of a boy. Alyssa wondered if it might have to do with him just being happy to be a dad again in general, or if him already having a son satisfied him. Alyssa hoped that didn't mean that he only wanted two kids, because Alyssa wanted at least three at the lowest. If she could convince him to have more than three that might just happen too. Alyssa felt Vincent tug on her arm and begin to pulled her towards an empty room that Alyssa had decided she wanted to be the new baby's room. What did he want to show her so badly? Alyssa hadn't gone inside the room for some months so she had no idea what could be so important that he needed to show her now. The door to the Nursery was opened and Alyssa peeked inside. To her shock the room was already finished quite a bit. "You've been working on the Nursery?! When have you even found the time to do this without me knowing?" Perhaps when she worked? But Vincent worked a lot more than Alyssa did. Alyssa usually worked only three sometimes even four days a week when it was busy. He must have been really sneaky about it. But Alyssa was happy that he had. It showed that he really wanted to help out in some way. Alyssa wrapped her arm around Vincent in a half hug, happy that she had found him that day in the cafe all those years ago.

Vincent was a little on the giddy side. The smallest of sleep would definitely do that to him. As long as he had his needs finished and satisfied, Vincent was always in a good mood. There was rarely a time when he was not in a good mood nowadays. He had been working on that nursery when Alyssa was at work and sleeping, so he had missed out on a lot. Vincent had been tired for the last several weeks and that would explain why he had felt so bad. Vincent looked up as his wife spoke, and said that she was tired of having to put so much effort into getting up. Well, she was carrying another child so she had to have some issues. He could not really help with that. He chuckled about the news of his children. “Perhaps I should just carry you everywhere so you do not have to get up. Chacen is most certainly my son, and our daughter sounds just like her mother.” He was teasing since that smirk on his face had not left since he spoke about their children. His wife also asked about how work was, before she kissed him. He returned the kiss, and he grinned as he thought about the day at work. “Boring, just paperwork again. I think I need to look for something else to do.” He was being completely serious about that thought too, since he really wanted something else to do. Something incredibly fun. Or just retire and do nothing but pleasure his wife. That sounded very appealing too, if it could ever happen.

“Well, I look forward to scaring away her boyfriends. I want to be the dad that has the men shaking in their shoes when they come to meet the parents. So I think I want the full experience of being a father to a girl and a boy. Shame my dad never got to have the joys, you know?” Vincent wanted the full experience, and hoped that he would receive it with their coming daughter. He wanted to be the father to many more Chevalier’s since there were not many out there anymore. Just his cousins and him. There needed to be a lot more. Their family was slowly fading, and he was pretty certain that his dad could not have any more kids either. Well, he needed a wife first. Or a woman since he did not need to be married to have children. There were a lot of options out there! Vincent made sure that his bright blue eyes were upon his wife as she looked into the room. She was shocked, and he was happy to have waited some time before showing her and keeping this all a secret. It had definitely been tough, but he was sure that it was worth the reaction. He decided to let her know how he had been managed it. “Well, while you were at work, and sometimes when I was supposed to be sleeping, and I put in a few all nighters for this baby. Now I can paint this room pink because she is a girl. Unless you want another color?” Vincent did not mind what it was, but he was for the girl scheme. Vincent pulled Alyssa closer to him, and allowed one of his hands to travel to her swollen belly. He often did this out of instinct.​

Alyssa grinned at the thought of being carried everywhere. Lately her feet had been killing her, and even at a young age, Alyssa had hated the feeling of hurting feet. Plus it would be cute to see her husband try to lug her around everywhere. "Careful hun, I might take you up on that offer sometime. You know how I like to be carried around." Alyssa listened on about Vincent being proud that Chacen was most certainly his son. The food thing wasn't the only thing either, if anyone bothered to look they would see that he was a spitting image of Vincent. A mini Vincent!"That boy is a spitting image of you. He looks like you, acts like you, he even has a thing for ladies like you." It was cute, though. It was like seeing her husband when he was a baby, since Vincent wasn't too fond of sharing his baby pictures with her. Which Alyssa couldn't understand since Vincent was honestly the cutest baby ever. Once Alyssa was up and able to shower her husband with affection, she also listened to his day at work. Nothing but paperwork, how boring. Alyssa leaned in to kiss him again, when he let out that he thought he needed to look for another job. Even though he had a good job that paid well, Alyssa would never force him to stay with something that made him unhappy. But what kind of job would be fun for him that included keeping his pants on? "Well I can help you look if you'd like?" Alyssa offered, trying her best to be as supportive as she could. As long as he had a job and money came in, they'd be just fine. Maybe he could become a healer? That was a job that always had something going on with it.

"You want to be able to scare her boyfriends? Oh Vincent! What about giving her away at her wedding? You excited for that too?" Vincent was already the cutest dad possible, Alyssa was already excited to see him with a baby girl. Especially if he purposely wanted to scare the boys away. "I don't know, your dad and Desdemona have become pretty cozy with one another. There's always a chance." Alyssa muttered as she follow Vincent to the nursery. Though it seemed unlikely, Amauri sort of did have a lady in his life right now, and Amauri was still fairly young. So there was always a chance that he and Desdemona could have a kid or two. Once inside the Nursery, Alyssa couldn't believe how much Vincent had done on his own. Especially since he had done it when she was asleep and stuff. It looked so nice too! "Awh Vincent! You're too sweet!" Alyssa turned to Vincent and wrapped her arms around him in a tight hug. Making sure to shake her head, signaling that pink was the perfect color to paint the baby's room. "Thank you for this. I suppose all the hard work you've done has earned you a really nice treat later. This room is just too perfect!" It made it even more sweet that he had done this while she wasn't aware of it either. It was like a surprise just for her, even if it was likely done for the baby. That also meant that there was one more thing that Alyssa could check off her long checklist when it came to getting things done before the baby was born. It felt like she was running out of time to get everything done as well, and that scared her just a little bit.

Vincent flexed his arms and he smirked, "Not a problem carrying around two people in one. I mean I am still in pretty good shape." His stomach did not have those abs anymore but his arms on the other hand were still like they were. Vincent was getting older, so it took longer to get into shape. But being an Auror really did it. He would love to carry Alyssa around, especially if he got to carry her to the bedroom. Once it was almost time to give birth to the baby, their extracurricular activities could help induce labor, and that was his favorite part even though often he was too tired. "Kinda glad that he looks like me. I’d be worried if he looked more like your brother, your know? I know that would cause you some pain." He reached out and caressed her cheek and gave her a light smile. He knew that things were not really that good when it came down to her family. He did not know why, perhaps it was his family background. The Chevaliers used to be pure-blood but that died out long ago. They all intermingled with other blood statuses and simply made more magical folk. Alyssa offered to help him look for another job and he nodded. "Thanks. I might take up being a healer. My grandfather was one I think. For a little while." Vincent did not hear enough about him, but being a Healer was in his blood. it would be nice to have a career change.

"Oh yes. Scaring those boys from even looking at her. Um, she won’t be getting married until she is forty! Until I know everything there is to know about that groom!" Vincent was smiling by the time he ended that statement, so one knew that he was not exactly being serious. Although the later, the better. He was excited over having a daughter in general. Then came the statement about his dad and Desdemona having children, or just them being cozy. He looked over at her and he shuddered. Thinking of his dad doing the dirty, that was just nasty. His dad was good looking, for sure, but still, that was really freaky. He shook his head, "If they have babies, they are coming from the bloody stork. I don’t want to think about dad getting it on with Desdemona. Or anyone." Vincent shook the images out of his head that flooded in there when he had mentioned it. At least the subject changed to the nursery, saying that pink was the perfect color to paint the baby’s room. It was common for a girl to have a pink room for some reason. He didn’t know why, but it was just like that. "I get a treat for helping out with the baby girl? Wow this day is just getting better!" Vincent wrapped his arms around his wife and planted a kiss right on her nose before he held her as tight as he could. Sometimes it was a little hard with her stomach in the way. Instead he inched around behind her and embraced her like that, making it more comfortable for the two of them. "She will be as perfect as her mother." Vincent snaked his hand around to her swollen stomach, anxious to meet his baby girl already.​

Alyssa watched Vincent flew her arm and shook her head. If she didn't love him as much as she did, Alyssa probably wouldn't have found it so cute to see him do that. "I don't know Mr. Chevalier, you are getting rather old." Alyssa teased as she poked him in the gut. He wasn't fat or anything, but his had lost those abs he once had in his younger days thanks to not having the time to work out. His arms were still in decent shape though. Vincent was only twenty-seven though, so it wasn't like he was that old. Alyssa just liked to pretend that he was. Vincent mentioned something about her brother and Alyssa's cheerful smile immediately faded into one full of sadness. Sometimes she missed her brother, and other times she was angry him for doing this. "There are times when I can't even remember what my brother looks like because it's been so long." Alyssa leaned into Vincent's touch, listening eagerly as he spoke about the idea of finding another job. His suggestion made her grin once more. "Are you sure that having you and I working in the same building would even be a good idea?" Actually, she loved the idea. The only downside was that they might have a harder time getting work done if they were able to be around one another. They'd have to take separate shifts just to avoid getting into trouble the entire time, and to make sure that Vincent and Alyssa kept their hands to themselves.

"Hun, you do remember that I got married to you before I even finished school!" Alyssa went to remind her husband that she got married at a young age, and she was doing just fine. It really rested on the type of guy she was getting with and if he was a good guy. Though Alyssa's family didn't much like Vincent, she thought he was amazing. Alyssa leaned in to kiss her husband before she maneuvered her arm so that it was around Vincent as well. As perfect as the nursery was, Alyssa didn't think she could stand here forever. Her feet were getting tired. Plus she as pretty sure that Vincent would like to relax for a little while too. "Come on, let me make you guys dinner and then we can watch a movie. A little family bonding time will do us good." Alyssa ushered both Vincent out of the room, hopefully Chacen wasn't too far off because she knew he was going to be hungry if he didn't get some food in that belly soon. After they were both out, Alyssa turned off the light and closed the door. Soon enough there will be a cute little baby girl occupying this room. Of course Alyssa couldn't wait to have that happen either.

Fin.​

Users who are viewing this thread

Back