Jog on Matee

Harriet Turner

Wand
Black Walnut/ Maple Wand 12 3/4" Essence of Silver Thistle
Harri took a deep breath before launching as fast as she could through the entrance hall and into the grounds. Her feet pounding on the grass and a smile stretched across her face, running made her feel permently happy, she could practically feel the endorphins (sp?) shooting around her body with each pounding step. She was pretty sure she could beat Alex in a race now, though maybe a few more sprints would do her good.
After completing her usual 45minutes of sprinting and jogging she finally came to a halt at the lakefront. It was still pretty early and there was only a few people dotted around here and there. She sat on the duey grass, only not caring because she only had baggy tracksuit bottoms and a t-shirt on. She pulled her hair down and felt her face begin to return to normal colour, as she stared across the lake she began to wonder why she hadn't thought to bring her sketch pad down, this day was really something/

((Its not even bad!!! :cool: ))

Sam had been reading his December issue of 'Quidditch Times', when he heard someone slightly panting, he turned his head and looked around. He didn't see anyone that he knew so he looked the other way to see Harri. She was wearing tracksuit bottoms so he presusmed she was the culprit.

He was almost to the end of his magazine and he decided he would read the rest tonight. He closed it quickly and stood up, walking over to her he shouted, "I forgot to thank you!" He laughed then ran a little to close the gap and plopped himself beside her. "Hey." he finally said. He really saw Harri as a good friend now and enjoyed her company.

((Sureee its not :r: ))

Harri turned as she heard someone talk, "Sam," she said happily, after taking a couple of breaths and returning her breaths to normal.
"Ah no problem. I saw you dancing away, you looked like a natural," she said grinning. "How was it?" she asked, she hoped he had had a good time at the ball, afterall in your first year it was always new and special.

"It was awesome!" Sam said happily, in his mind recollecting all the good memories he had. "You realy helped with the dancing and the suite and the shoes....which I still have to go to you." Sam would make sure to drop that up to her one of the days. "How about you?" he asked her, "Oh and the dress?" he added quickly forgetting that Alex was suppposed to be making her one.

Harri grinned, "I'm glad to hear it," she siad happily, "And I'm also glad to hear you actually wore those shoes," she said laughing.
"yeah it was great thanks," she said, the blush in her cheeks could be disgused as the fact she had just been running.
"Yeah I altered the dress a bit, but it was suprisingly nice!" she said shaking her head. "Though I am slightly worried about what he made the dress out of..." she said winking at Sam.
"Did you have a good break?" she asked.

Sam nodded, "It'd be disrespectful if I didn't..." he chuckled. Sam laughed about Harri's comment about the dress. "Yeah it was great thanks.." Sam said, it was nice being in the castle it be quiet. "I didn't go home though..so the castle was quite peaceful. It seems so strange everyone back." he shrugged, "What about you?" he asked her in return.

Harri grinned, "Disrespectful my arse. You know you loved them shoes," she said laughing.
She smiled, "Yeah it always seems nice and empty," she said nodding, "Home was good. Pretty quite though," she said shaking her head, her dad had been out all the time. James had been busy with Luke and Tommy, well she felt like she didn't know him anymore. She scowled a little before shaking the thoughts out of her head, "I'm glad you had a nice holiday," she said smiling.
"So looking forwads to lessons?" she asked laughing.

Sam sighed dramatically, "You catch me put everytime.." Sam said shaking his head said sadly playing along with the joke. Sam listened to her talk about her holidays then he laughed, who in their right mind would look forward to lessons? His facial expression told her this. "Well this semesters timetable isn't so bad.." Sam said looking on the brightside. "I mean we don't have History of Magic or Astronomy." Sam said happily, he had made a pact with himself that he'd try and pick up his grades.

"Dont say anything bad about HOM. It's cool,," HArri said grinning, "But atleast theres not astronomy. I hate astronomy its soo boring isnt it?" she said shaking her head, she had drifted to sleep many a time in that lesson.
"How did you find last semester?" she asked.

"I know its like who cares!!?" Sam said, the amount of times he had asked himself that in Astronomy was unreal. What was worse was that the quidditch pitch was in perfect view from the tower. "It was good...I slacked off a good bit.." Sam said rolling his eyes innocently, "But I just love it here..how are things with you?" he asked, "In third year I mean." he added quite quickly.

Harri laughed, "Oh and to think we have years and years left," she groaned shaking her head.
"Ah good, no slacking this term though kay?" she said laughing, she couldn't really talk though. She was a permenant slacker.
"Third years good, hard cause we have extra subjects but still good," she said happily.
"So apart from school howve you been?" she asked laughing gently.

"You don't have it as bad as I do." Sam laughed, "You've been here for three years already so tecnically your half way through." Sam said, he still had many years of Astronomy left. Sam nodded innocently, "I'll try." He knew eventually he'd crack and be back to his 'slacking' self again. But for now he wasn't going to. "I'm great thanks, I've heard from a friend of a friend that you draw- excellantly!" Sam said nudging her playfully.

Harri grinned, "Ahh thats a nice thought," she siad happily.
"Well thats all you can do isn't it," she said winking at him.
Harri beamed, "Hmm and which friend of a friend might this be?" she asked laughing , "Wait let me guess," she said pausing for effect, "Hollie Ridley?" she said laughing. "She thinks I'm good, I guess I'm okayish," she said modestly, shrugging her shoulders gently.

Sam envied Harri for being half way through, not that he didn't like it here, he just hated some-most- of the classes. Sam was about to answer before she slipped in herslef. Sam nodded, "Yeah thats her." Then he held back a laugh when Harri said she was 'okayish'. Sam elbowed her, "Stop being so modest! I'd love to see'em." Sam said thoughtfully.

Harri shook her head, "That girl, love her to death but she seems to think I have an amazing talent," she said rolling her eyes and laughing.
"Really? I could show you something if you wanted?" she said, "I'd value your opinions on a couple of things," she added, thinking that it was true, she would like his opinion on some of her work.

Sam nodded, "Yeah. I'd love to help." Sam was looking forward to seeing Harri's drawing and glad that she was willing to show them to him. Although he wouldn't be a good critic as he won't have a lot of experiance(sp?), he'd still love to help out.

Harri grinned, "Great," she said, "Actually I made a copy of what I drew for Hollie," she said, blushing a little as she confided this. She had used the spell one of the older students had taught her to make copies of her favorite pieces of work, that way she would never lose them. "Would you give me your opinion on that?" she asked, Hollie had loved it, Harri had thought it was one of her bet pieces of work and she was keen to know a third part opinon.

"Of coarse I would." Sam said happily. He knew what Hollie looked like so he'd be able to compare, though he wasn't going to be a tough critic. "Do you draw often?" He asked her, he wished he could draw unfortuantely he couldn't. A stickman was as far as he could go. But he used his guitar playing as his creative outlet.

Harri grinned "Great," she said hapily. "Accio copy of Hollies christmas present," she mumbled quietly.
"Everyday," she said nodding, "I love it," she said happily. "Do you draw?" she asked curiously, "Or do anything alon the creative line?" she said laughing.

Sam laughed, "No?! I draw like a two year old." Sam admitted. "Yeah I play guitar and bass to keep me going." Sam said, "Though I couldn't bring over my bass sadly enough." Sam hated that fact, it was one fo the worst tings about Hogwarts, no bass, no iPods or his dog, Vader. "Do you play an instrument?"

Harri laughed, "You cant be that bad," she siad laughing. "Oh wow really? Steph and Hollie play guitar too! Their both awesome!" she said nodding, "Doo you sing as well?" she asked curiously. "No but Stephs going to teach me guitar! SO im hoping to get good at that," she said grinning.
She turned her head in time to see the paper flying towards her, she caught it lightly with her fingers before giving it to Sam. She had to admit it was pretty good, it was of Hollie playing the guitar. Her hands were in one of the chords Harri had bugged Tommy to teach her and her face was looking at the guitar a gentle smile on her face. Her long blonde hair hung like silk around her face. It was all in black and white, pencil, but she thought that had added character. Looking at it now she could see some imperfections, her nose the shape of her eyes. But in general it was an awesome piece of work, if only she could recognise that.

"You have no idea of how bad I am." Sam smirked. "Well, I don't sing that much in front of people." He said a little bashfully. Sam was a good singer but he was very insecure of people hearing him sing. Jenn was the only person who heard him. Once the parchment flew into Harri's hands, Sam eyes widened when they got a good look a tit. "Holy cow! You did this?" Sam asked in disbelief. "Harri. This. Is. Awesome!" His eyes looked around the sketch quickly. "Okay-ish my bottom!" He laughed, this was probably one of the best drawings he had ever seen.

Harr grinned, "Well when you start singing in front of people I want to hear," she said smiling. She loved listening to her friends sing, she loved to see people at their best, and she found they were usually at their best when doing something they loved.
Harri smiled, her cheeks flooded wih colour, "You think?" she asked, biting her lip, "I mean it did take me ages to do," he said nodding, her eyes stil looking at the imperfections on the page though.

Sam laughed, "Well be prepared to wait a long long time!" Sam didn't like singing in front of people that he didn't know that well. But if Harri had played her guitar with her new lessons, maybe, just maybe he may sing. "Yeah this is great." He said turning his eyes back down to the drawing. It really looked like Hollie. "I'm sure it did..." said Sam unfocused. "Y'know I think if I did something like this I'd be flaunting it all around the place." he laughed. "Not being modest." he nudged her playfully.

Harri grinned, "I'll wait," she siad winking.
Harri laughed, "Well if I could play the guitar and sing I'm sure I'd be playing at every oppertunity," she said smiling, she knew that was easy to say but sometimes talents felt kind of private. She only showed those she trusted her art, she couldn't show it to just anyone.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back