job hunting

Andromeda Fiorelli

OOC First Name
Linda
Wand
Cherry/Maple Wand 13 1/4" Essence of a Dragon's Heartstring; 10 1/2" 4wood mix - unicorn hair core
Andromeda knew there was only so much studying she could do and only so much shopping as well. The Brightstone weekends had always been a great escape for her from the castle as she could go to work in Honeydukes but since Mr. Fudge did not run it anymore and since she had been transferred to Durmstrang, her job was well and truly gone. She didn't hold a grudge against the new owner who also happened to be one of the professors apparently but she knew it was also a huge factor that she was a werewolf. People just didn't want to hire one, it wasn't like she could 'not' tell them the ministry seemed to know her every move and wondered if there was a charm on her registration card. Mr. Fudge had been informed by the ministry that she was one and she knew that no matter which store she went to for employment it would be the exact same. The ministry would step in and scuttle any plans she had of attaining any kind of position. They were ridiculously prejudicial, no matter what they pretended other wise.

Alot of the first years had taken up some of the more choicer positions but Andy was not to be detered. As she walked down the cobbled streets of Brightstone she had a feeling that she would secure a job by the end of the day.

Zazuka thought it best to get away from the school for a little bit. All the conficting emotions that the Prefect Prank had left the school had her head ringing. It was getting better though because, much to Kailey's distaste, Zazuka had taken to burning sage. Thankfully this put Zazuka into a perfectly good mood which made her dress more colorfully that she would have with her rainbow pancho and matching leg warmers. She was humming a few bars of a song called 'Magic Melody' under her breath as she looked into the window of Honeydukes. Zazuka shook her head. Life was getting harder for the thirteen year old money wise.

Though the Paramores gave her a home, Zazuka refused to let them get all her school things for her. She had too much pride for that it seemed. She didn't want to burden them with her expenses when they had the expenses of six kids to take care of. Zazuka spotted Andy among the crowd of Brightstone and walked to her calmly. "Dam, dam, dam, darimam, dam." She hummed under her breath then smiled wide. "Hey there." She said brightly.

Andy turned to see Zuka and smiled at her, realising only then that they had never made any plans themselve to come to Brightstone this time around.
"Hey you" she folded up the piece of parchment with all the stores she had so far been rejected from and shoved it into her pocket.
"Doing a spot of job hunting, it isn't easy though. Every position seems to be filled" she shrugged her shoulders and looked up and down the street, it was very busy with all the students out in force. She herself was still awaiting punishment by Professor King for leaving the great hall without being dismissed and had been convinced she would not have been allowed to Brightstone at all but like in her first year, he was taking his time with his punishment and for that she was grateful.
"What are you up to then?"

Zazuka looked up at the sky. "Working on getting myself back into the clouds. I never thought I'd miss the dreamy feelings. Well sooner or later a possition will arise. Always does. I am quite happy in my spot at Ollivander's even though it's often very hard work and I never have enough for what I really want." She said looking longing at a bag of sweets a younger student had with them. It had been, what about a week since she ran out of her own sugar stash. Zazuka was starting to feel the lack of sweets in her system. It wasn't that bad though.

She still remembered some of the insedent in the Entrance Hall. She put her hand on her left arm though it was healed now. "I could help you if you want." She said with a brillant smile on her face. Zazuka was always ready and very willing to help whenever possible. She knew most of the stores though she knew that none of them down Brightstone where hireing at the moment. The muggle market was the last one to have a help wanted sign on it's door but it was taken down now.

Brian ran up to his two friends after finishing his shopping from the joke store, his bag was a bit bulky from the stink pellets, fake wands, inching powder, and frog skum soap that he'd bought to get his payback against Drage. She was a horrible head girl to play a trick like that on everyone and then shrug it all off with such arrogance. Estrella needed to be taught a lesson about how to treat others which is why this trick had to be played on her and nobody could be caught. "Andromeda, Zazuka I need your help!" Brian said as he found the pair talking to each other, he felt bad to interrupt however it was vitally important that he got their help otherwise his plan could easily fail.

Andromeda smiled at Zuka, that was just typical as soon as she wanted to find a job there were none about.
"Your help would be greatly appreciated then" she took out her registration card and stared at it before placing it back in her jeans pocket again.
"I know I'm not going to stand a chance when I have to show them my stupid card" she muttered and turned at the sound of an all too familiar voice. He needed their help and it sounded urgent. Her heart all but flipped out of control, hoping that nothing seriously wrong had happened to him.

"Brian what's up? Of course we'll help" she hadn't meant to answer for Z but knew that she'd be up for helping out as well no matter what it was.

Zazuka looked at the card with an uncarcteristic scowl on her face. She would have one of her own soon. One that said she was a Seer. She had to wait in till the year that came though. Apperntly she had to prove her ablity in class in order be known by the Ministry. Wasn't braking her arm on the stares enough. Suddenly she remembered. "I know it's not a very savory place but it's work. The Hog's Head just got a help wanted sign on it's window." She said before hearing Brian's voice flowt on though. Zazuka bit her lip. He had been there when that very violent attack hit her. She hadn't talked to him since. Zazuka managed to pull her lips up into a smile though. "Hello Brian. Sure we'll help what cha need?" She said pleasently. Andy had been right in answering for her. Zazuka was always ready to help her friends with anything.

ZBs-3.png
-in cased you missed it in GD

Brian opened his bag to reveal the tricks he'd bought "Well you know how we were all tricked... I didn't tell you guys but afterwards I had a row with that Aweful Head Girl of ours" Brian said scowling at the thought of that Drage girl "she said that she was glad that we all went through that and she didn't regret it at all that the school had thought someone was dead for days and then mocked that we all have to deal with death sometimes, like it was her right to decide when people should have to experience loosing someone close" Brian said angrily as his head boiled with the rage that had consumed him that night. "She's a horrible girl and I've decided to get a little payback which is why I'm going to need your help" Brian said to the pair "especially you Zazuka" Brian said with a flash as he held out some of the tricks he'd bought for the two girls to take.

[ :hug: Brian was getting worried, hadn't seen you on in a few days. Zuka's siggy is so much cooler than Andy's. :(( and so is Cecilys and yours {-( humph!]

Andromeda frowned as he began to talk, it was ironic that Brian would have a run in with the Ravenclaw head girl while she had, had one with the Gryffindor head boy. She didn't feel like telling them about what she had done or what she had attempted to do. She wasn't proud of her behaviour, it was one thing for others to be nasty and use cheap tactics to get their point across that just wasn't her. And then for him to single Zuka out, Andy stiffened slightly. Of course he'd want her especially who was Andy kidding for goodness sake. His voice telling her that he thought he loved Zuka flitted for a moment into her mind.

She was getting tired of this, tired of being second best. Tired of never been good enough even as his friend. Even back in first year he had been all about Zuka. Helping her up when she fell, laughing at her jokes, defending her whenever possible. She still remembered when both Zuka and herself fell during quidditch, he had helped Z but had left Andy scrambling around on her own. She remembered confronting him about this once, how he had one set of rules for Z and another for her and his answer had been that he expected more from her. That too had been unfair in her eyes. Well they could go play whatever prank together and get all cosy, fall in love, get married and have a trillion children for all she cared. She wasn't going to stand around listening to him coo and simper over Zuka.

As much as she adored her bestfriend, sometimes the simple, clumsy act wore thin with her. Andy knew it wasn't actually an act that Z had really been low in self esteem when she first arrived but now Zuka was brimming with so much confidence lately. It was almost as if the people they were got reversed somehow and still, Brian chose Zuka. Even for something as stupid as a prank. She looked at the handfull of pranks he held out and sighed, she did have an excuse after all. It wasn't like she was lying.

"Sorry Brian as much as I'd like to help... I've erhmm I'm job hunting and want to get a move on it before we all need to head back to the school. Good luck with that anyway yeah" she couldn't say anymore. Why he always had this stupid effect on her she would never understand but someday it would end, it just had to.

Zazuka took one of the tricks and looked at Brian with a rased eyebrow. Zazuka did not at all approve of what the Heads had done especially when she had been made to go though what most of the student body had gone though. Her head had felt like it was about to explode most of the time. It was getting better now that the waves of anger and sorrow subsided. The fact that she had been burning sage every now and then to clear out all the gunk was helping too.

Zazuka bit her lip though. Upon becomeing a Prefect she had pleaged a sort of loyalty to the school. But she had a sence of loyalty to her friends too. "Of course Brian whatever the plane is I will go along with it." She said and had expected Andy to do the same but she sort of weasled her way out of it by saying that she had things to do. What could be more importent than helping thier best friend?

Suddenly that thought was ripped from her head by a suge of pain. She hissed as soon as Andy stopped talking and had leaned against a wall to keep her balance. As soon as it came though it was gone. Blinking afew times to get her focuse back Zazuka fixed her glasses while leaving the sopport of the wall though she looked a bit pail. "Wonder where that came from." She muttered hoping that Brian and Andy would buy that it was just a random attack like that in the Entrance hall. In Reality she had a hint. Something was wrong with Andy.

Aries had agreed to meet Harrison here but as of yet there was no sign. He wandered up and down chatting with a few of his classmates when he managed to see any. For some reason it was mainly all the younger students that had left the school for some well needed R and R. So he wasn't too surprised when he saw Andromeda with her two friends, Zazuka and a boy who he knew was Brian. He had never been introduced but according to Andromeda this three were inseparable at the best of times. Well from what he could see, she wasn't looking too happy about being there at that particular moment and he wondered, just wondered if he should intervene.

"Hey there" the wave was slight but well intentioned, "Andy, Zazuka yeah?" The name was still strange to him but he thought it nice all the same, different and different in his view was usually good. Well if the third years were out and about, surely that would mean that Violet would also be out... his train of thought stopped there. He had promised himself there was no point in thinking down that particular route, nothing comes of nothing.

"Hi I'm Aries" he extended his hand to the boy, hoping that this other Ravenclaw was some bit friendly.

"I just need your help bringing these back into the school and since Zazuka's a Ravenclaw Female I need you to sneak into Estrella's room and place them around so that she get what's coming to her!" Brian said with a smile. Brian noticed someone else and turned, it was another Ravenclaw, a fourth year Brian had never really spoken with. "Hello" Brian said politely as he accepted his hand. Brian turned towards the other two "I have to get some other things I'll see you two later" Brian said as he took off down the street not wanting to be asked any odd questions, he also hoped that Andromeda or Zazuka would keep their mouths shut since the older students didn't seem like they could be trusted.

They had all forgiven Drage too easily for everything that she and her friends had done and Brian had the last of that. She needed to learn an important lesson hopefully Zazuka would help him pull it off.

Andy turned to see Aries and smiled. It stopped her from sighing in exasperation at how Brian had even chosen not to hear what she had just said. Of course Zuka was happy to bend over backwards to help him and he was all gung-ho with that. Grateful for anothers presence at that point.
"Hi Aries, what's up?" she stuffed her hands into her pockets, wanting to be just away now, anywhere but near Brian. She was delighted though when he shook Aries' hand and even happier when he left them. Her heart felt as if it could beat normally again.

Aries shook Brians hand but was amazed that the boy didn't bother even introducing himself before running off.
"Was it something I said?" he looked at the girls with a shrug, "I'm not up to much actually, I have a few supplies to get so thought I'd take a stroll about Brightstone before hand and Harrison also wrote to say he might meet up here, no sign of him yet though. What about you two?"

He looked back down the road after where Andy's friend had taken off and wondered just what in the world was so urgent, but didn't say anything else regarding him.

Whistling to herself, Violet stolled down the main street of Brightstone Village, bored, but not in the mood to stay in the castle and do classwork. It was a fairly nice day, and it was a Brightstone weekend - perfect opportunity for procrastination, in Violet's opinion.

Walking along the street, Violet noticed some familiar faces - as she saw Brian walking away, oddly enough. She supposed she ought to go and say hello to the small assembled group, as it was something to do, and she was sick of being alone. She reached the others and smiled. "Hey, Andy, Zuka," she began, before realising who the third person was. Aries. Violet's heart skipped a beat - she thought he'd completely disappeared off the face of the planet, and yet here he was, in Brightstone Village. "Um, hey Aries," she said nervously, feeling the heat rise in her cheeks.

Andromeda shook her head and smiled at him.
"No, don't worry about it. It was definitely nothing you said Aries. By the way that was Brian" she didn't think she needed to say anymore than that really regarding the boy who drove her completely nuts and not always in a good way. A smile flitted across her face though at the mention of another name.
"Harrison is going to be here today? I hope I get a chance to see him" she felt bad about how he had to leave school and always wondered did he hold it against her for having to leave as he had. She knew he missed his best friends and that was most certainly her fault.
Within moments of Brian leaving, Violet another third year showed up and Andy smiled in greeting. She had always liked this girl but felt bad for never having more time with her, even after promising herself on countless occassions that she would make more of an effort to mingle.
"Hey Violet, what's up?" Andy couldn't help but notice how flustered she seemed to be around Aries. Stealing a glance at the older boy to see his reaction to Violet.

Smiling as Andromeda mentioned Harrison, Aries merely nodded his head.
"Yeah, I got an owl yesterday saying he would try and stress on the word try there, to come today. His dad has business in the area or something. I didn't ask but I know he'll find me if he makes it here at all" he shoved a hand into his black denim pocket, while the other hand pushed its way through his hair.

So that was the famous Brian then, he had heard the name mentioned before and thought that though the guy seemed polite enough, he certainly wasn't gushing with the friendly vibe. He didn't know what Andromeda saw in him, their personalities just didn't seem to gel. When Violet came and stood alongside him, saying hello to the girls and then to himself. Aries stood rooted to the spot. She was real, she was real and she was standing right beside him. He didn't imagine it, he hadn't actually lost his favourite book of all time then. Tempted to pinch her to make sure, Aries opted for the less aggressive route.
"Vi..erhmm... Violet, hi" he nearly coughed and spluttered before regaining any sense of equilibrium. She was still as beautiful as he had been imagining her to be, not a dream. Not a dream at all.
"I haven't seen you around in ... ages". It felt like another life time in fact. Aries hadn't taken his eyes off her once since she had stood beside him, afraid that if he did she would disappear again. Not this time.

"Nothing, really, just removing myself from the castle for a change. Thought I'd take advantage of the Brightstone weekend," she blabbered in response to Andy, still slightly shocked to see Aries, of all people, around.
"Hi," she repeated, blushing profusely, knowing how silly she must have looked. "It's been a really long time," she agreed, nodding. "I thought you'd, um, left without saying goodbye," she admitted, her hand clutching at a strand of her hair in nervousness. He's here, he's really here, he doesn't really hate me...at least, I really hope he doesn't. Maybe he's just being polite? Maybe he does hate me and is just wanting me to go away? she thought, pessimistically. She felt she was being terribly rude to Andy and Zuka, simply standing here and staring at Aries, but she couldn't help it. Her heart pounded in her chest, heat rising in her cheeks, as she stood and looked at the boy she knew she really, really liked.

Andromeda knew she could probably begin to mention UFO's and all sorts for all the attention that Violet and Aries were paying herself and Zuka. They seemed to know one another and better than that, they seemed to be completely potty about one another. Unless of course they just simply enjoyed staring contests, which Andy fought highly unlikely. Turning to Zuka with a smile, Andy coughed gently.
"Well we have lots to do, don't we Zuka? tons and tons of stuff really" she looked at Z and gave her a gentle nudge, "Don't we Zuka tons of stuff yeah?"
She was no good at subtle, never had been but it was always worth a try anyhow.

She was still standing there and had even begun to talk to him. Was it normal to just want to stand and stare at her, of course his teenage hormones wanted to do other things too but well, Zazuka and Andromeda were about. It wouldn't look very cool of him to just take a step closer and cup her face in his hands and kiss her, would it? Had he taken a step closer? Aries looked down at his feet to make sure that he was still firmly planted where he had been. Then he smiled, he couldn't help it. For what seemed like months now he had imagined all sorts but she was here, she was genuinely here.
"I had no intention of leaving my favourite book behind" he told her wanting to kick himself, now she would think that all he wanted was his book back. Rolling his eyes he heard Andromeda saying something about herself and Zazuka having things to do.
"Sure ok, well do you have things to do Violet?" say no he willed her, say no please.

Vaguely, Violet heard Andy mention something about all the things she and Zuka had to do. "Okay," she muttered, not really paying that much attention. She knew she must have looked completely stupid, but she simply couldn't help herself. Her eyes widened when Aries mentioned his book. "Oh!" she exclaimed, reaching one hand in to her bag. "I've been carrying around with me...um, hoping I would, erm, you know, run in to you..." she explained, her hand closing around the spine of the well-thumbed novel. "I really enjoyed it. Thank you very, very much," she said with a smile. "And no, no, I haven't got anything to do, nothing whatsoever," she stammered. It was true, she found herself out in Brightstone with grand intentions, only to realise when she arrived that she had absolutely nothing to do.

[sorry for the godmod here, if you want me to edit holler away ;) ]

Aries smiled and held up a hand to her.
"Would you mind holding on to it for a little bit longer? I don't have any where safe to put it" that would surely do for another meeting at least, of course that was what he had hoped in the first place when he given it to her for all the good that had done him.
"Look if you two are busy then" he looked for the first time at Andromeda and Zazuka since Violet had shown up, "we'll leave you too it yeah".

The reaction was automatic, like a natural progression his hand had to take as it reached out for one of Violets and held it in his own.
"Do you fancy getting a drink or a bite to eat somewhere?"

Violet nodded, relaxing her grip on the book. "Okay, I guess I can do that for you," she smiled. "Careful, though, I might never give it back to you at this rate." She turned to Andy and Zuka, as Aries did so, and gave them an apologetic smile. "Guess I'll see you guys around," she said with a nod, before looking back to Aries.
Her heart seemed to skip about three or four beats when she felt Aries take her hand in his own. So, I'm guessing he doesn't hate me then, she thought, trying to control the heat in her cheeks. "Um, of course! I mean, that would be really great, erm, yeah," she spluttered, hoping he wouldn't walk away from her now because she looked like such a fool.

Zazuka nodded though she felt like giggled because of all the tender vibes that where flowting around. She stopped herself though. "Right and I do need to talk to you Andy really badly." She said then took her friend by the wrist. She knew that one leavin Aries and Violet alone would prove beneficial to them and two she would have Andy explain why she had been stung by a bout of jelosy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back