I've Never Shopped For A Woman, Can You Tell?

OOC First Name
Cole
Shiloh's eyes darted back and fourth between the two dress options in his niece's size. He had been led over there by a female worker, but he still wasn't entirely sure what he was doing. His mind was hazed over - he'd only ever had brothers, he hadn't bought clothing for a girlfriend, and had no daughters until now. To top it off he couldn't help but feel that every dress he looked at was too short or too low-cut. Shiloh rubbed his temples slightly, thinking that maybe he would be better getting her some jeans. He looked at the piece of paper that had her sizes written on them. She was so petite - but as he made his way over to the rack and saw that a zero was more common than a three in teen sizes, he gave a frustrated groan. Sifting carefully Shiloh picked out a few pairs, and brought them to the counter where the woman said she would watch them for him. Now he needed to get her a summer dress, something to fill her closet a bit for when she returned. Not that he thought she'd consider it home.

Shiloh, for a brief moment, clutched the necklace that lay against his collar, the cross on it belonged to his brother. He turned around placing a hand back in his pocket, list in the other one held out in front of him. He needed to find someone to give him advice - and there was someone right in front of him. He didn't see a lanyard so he wasn't sure if she worked in the muggle - what an odd word to him - fashion store. He approached carefully, the hand with the list in it gripping his tattooed arm. "Uhm, e-excuse me?" He asked, his baritone voice barely above a whisper. "I was wondering if, well, you could help me pick out a dress for my niece." His eyes stared at the ground, a faint blush spread over the brunette's cheeks. "She's 13, and I guess I just don't know what she'd like. Or what would even be long enough..." He said, eyes darting to a tight mini dress that nearly made him scowl. Shiloh finally glanced up at the blonde, giving an awkward half smile, tugging now at his band shirt.

It had taken Kelsey a while after the debacle of Graduation to get back to a point where she felt like herself again. She'd been travelling for a while now, though she was currently back in New Zealand in order to visit her siblings. Though their home was in England, Kelsey often met them during the weekends in Brightstone because she had a falling out with her mother and didn't much want to go back home just now. Though her younger brother often freaked her out a little, she still loved him. Veronica was her favourite, though she was loathe to admit that she had a favourite sibling. Kieran was okay with it though, he was doing his own travelling now and so she didn't see him as much, she really did need to catch up with him to see how things were going. She missed her family, but she was doing what she loved and that was enough for her. Though being back in New Zealand was a little weird, she was glad for the familiarity. She'd spent more time in this wonderful country those last seven years than she had at home and that was important to her. She was much more worldly now than she had been then and though she missed her naivety, she was happy to actually understand how the world worked now. It wouldn't be such a culture shock for Venn and Veronica hopefully, though she knew that with Veronica she may be out of luck.

Kelsey was currently shopping. She needed to pick up more clothing. Whilst she was travelling, she was mostly backpacking and only really brought clothes from wherever she happened to be whenever she needed them. Backpacking was so much easier when one could do it with shrinking bags. It made Kelsey very happy to have six or seven bags in her pockets or something else to that effect. She was even brave enough to not be worried about muggle areas either. She was actually pretty confident and she was definitely happy about that. As she was looking through the dress section though, she wasn't sure she was going to buy one yet, she was approached by a man, an attractive man, who proceeded to ask her if she could help him pick out a dress. Kelsey turned around and smiled openly at him. She looked at a couple of the dresses and shook her head. "Well, mister, first of all you're completely in the wrong section." She told him laughing a little behind her hand as she fixed the strap of her bag. "This is the adult section, if your girl is only thirteen, you should probably head over to the teeny bopper section." She pointed past him to the mass of colour on the other side of the store. She used to buy dresses there when she was younger and now she would if she was buying something for Veronica. "If you still need my help though, just ask." Kelsey turned back to the dresses in front of her and started riffling through. One of them caught her eyes and she picked it out, holding it to herself and looking down at it. "Ooooh."

As the blonde before him turned, Shiloh nearly dropped the list. He fumbled clumsily with the piece of paper and shut his jaw tightly. She was quite a sight to see, the normally shy man someone who kept eyes on his shoes. She looked so natural, her outfit fitting slimly to her hips and legs. He brought his eyes back up to her face, and the gorgeous smile that was held on plump lips that made his own brown eyes nearly quiver in their sockets, trying to take everything in. 'Stop it Shiloh. She's a woman, not an object.' A small vice in his mind shouted, and finally the awkwardness of the situation left him and he let a small cough through his paled lips. "Section?" He inquired of her, wondering what she meant. He ordered his clothing online typically, it prevented the awkwardness of having to talk to someone or looking through sizes and getting fitting rooms.

He turned his head and noted the section she spoke of. Many dresses were longer with frills and flowers. He felt relaxed spotting dresses that might cover Prudence a little better. "Thank you." He spoke softly. The dress she held in her hands was lovely, and he looked over her quickly, as if his eyes thought they would fall out for the disrespect of eyeing a woman over. "Th-that would look lovely on you. You must know a lot about fashion. Do you know what 13 year olds like?" He asked. "Wait, hod on!" He pulled out a photo of his niece. "This is her, I don't know what to get for her. What do you think?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back