Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Married
Sexual Orientation
Charlotte
Wand
14 1/2 Inch Yew Wand with Phoenix Tail Feather Core
Dan had been thinking about it over and over, unsure of whether to do it now or wait. But then he thought that if he waited, the opportunity would pass and he would chicken out. He wanted to do this. The sixth year prefect took a deep breath, entering the common room but frowning when noticing Charlotte wasn't there. He sighed, maybe she was out early this morning. Ten minutes later, he was on the grounds, on his way to the pitch, Dan knew Quidditch was her thing so he smiled when he spotted her blonde hair in the sky. The Slytherin settled on the stands, quite high up and took a deep breath, kind of nervous. It was now or never and it was too late to back out now. He watched as she flew down to the ground and hoped she'd notice his presence soon, before she left.​
<i>
</i>

The Quidditch season was finally about to start and, as Charlotte had nothing else to do that day she decided she would get some practice in. At first she thought about calling the whole team but realised she would probably be a bit too late for that at this point. The Sixth year woke up early and dressed in her Quidditch gear, putting her hair up into a high ponytail as she made her way down to the pitch with her broom and a quaffle in hand. As soon as she made it there, she took off to the sky, doing laps around the pitch before taking shots at the hoops. It wasn't long before the prefect decided she would take a break. As she made her way back down to the ground however she noticed Daniel in the stands and beamed. "Hey!" she exclaimed, jumping off the broom and waving at him. "What brings you here?"

Dan still couldn't get over how attractive Charlotte was, or maybe he did such an observation because he knew her, and had feelings for her. He smiled even more when she beamed at him, she seemed excited to see him. He got up and, hands in his pockets, walked towards her. "Hey. Could I talk to you about something?" Dan's heart was hammering in his chest, beating way faster than normal, but it was understandable considering what he was about to do. "More like, ask you something," he clarified. He was now standing directly in front of her.
<i></i>

As Daniel began to walk towards Charlotte, her heart began beating faster against her chest and she couldn't tell if it was because of all the practice she had done or because Dan actually looked quite good with his hands in his pockets. He seemed rather nervous and Charlotte could tell that whatever it was on his mind was very important. "What's up?" Charlotte asked, concern in her voice. She tucked the quaffle tightly underneath her arm. "Is something wrong?" She didn't like to think of the worst case scenario, but she wondered if perhaps Dan had news about Cairo or Rome. She'd only recently started to be friends with him again and maybe Rome had found out somehow and was angry. Whatever it was, Charlotte was eager to find out.

Charlotte's concern made Dan's body fill with warmth. "No, nothing's wrong. I mean, I hope it isn't," he tried to reassure her, to lighten up the mood a little. He sighed, thinking of how to ask her out. As they stood there, staring at each other, the Slytherin did the one thing he swore not doing this early, completely going off track with his plan. He said it before he could stop himself. "I love you," he blurted out, feeling his ears redden. Well, crap. Now you've probably scared her off. He held her gaze, pursing his lips. What had he just done? That wasn't what he was going for, his confession hadn't meant to turn in that direction. It was all wrong, somehow him meaning to ask her out had become him confessing what he was actually feeling. He'll have to make it right again. He regretted it.

Charlotte was glad that nothing was wrong, but raised an eyebrow at him, still worried about what was on his mind. She wished she could read minds at that moment as the pair of them looked at each other and he seemed lost for words. When three words finally did come out of his mouth Charlotte finally knew what was up and felt her cheeks turn a shade of pink. She knew Dan liked her but didn't think he liked her that much. The only people who have ever told Charlotte that they loved her was her parents and hearing it come out of someone else's mouth seemed a bit unbelievable. Why in the world would he love her? She wanted him to elaborate but figured she shouldn't as it had obviously taken him so much courage to say that let alone say more. Instead, she gave him a reassuring smile, not wanting the situation to be awkward. "I didn't know you were that serious." she told him with a slight chuckle, leaning against her broom. When the pair of them had kissed during the holidays she tried not to think too much of it, but it seemed like Dan was doing the exact opposite. "If it makes you feel better, I like you more than a friend."

Dan wanted to facepalm at what he'd said. Seriously, that couldn't have gone any smoother. Nice. He smiled weakly, or tried to, though he was sure it turned out as a grimace. "I mean- uh-I'm not," he shrugged helplessly. "I've been thinking a lot and..." he settled on what he thought would be the best way to fix this mess. "I like you as more than a friend too. I care a lot about you." Lame. "Okay, so this is probably awkward, and it isn't what I originally planned to ask you." He shook his head, almost in disbelief. He cracked a smile at Charlotte's confession which he'd kind of discovered himself over the holidays, "good to know," he said winking. At least she wasn't over him. "Go out with me." The words didn't necessarily come out as a command or a question, it was more of a statement. He watched Charlotte with his intense brown eyes, searching for an answer. It didn't sound like he was giving her an option but of course it was her choice too, he wouldn't stop her if she turned away from him right now. Finally, he'd said what he was supposed to - except that it came out as more of a fact than anything else.

Charlotte listened as Dan spoke and she was quite flattered that he thought so much of her. After her relationship with James, Charlotte didn't know if she could ever like someone as much ever again, but Dan seemed different. He hadn't dated any of the girls in the school before her and he made her feel special without even trying. Better yet, Dan didn't have to buy something to make her fall for him and that was what she liked the most. Charlotte waited to see what he'd say next and she couldn't help but smile broadly when he asked her out. The Slytherin's eyes lit up and containing her excitement was the last thing on her mind as she dropped the quaffle and broom and leapt into his arms. "Of course I will!" she exclaimed, having not been able to recall a better moment in her life. She'd been asked out by Daniel Rosemary and she couldn't be happier.

Charlotte's reaction wasn't what he expected, but it was what he hoped for. He grinned as she jumped into his arms and he was taken a little off guard but recovered immediately. He wrapped his arms around her. "I couldn't be happier," he whispered in her ear, and after a few minutes of him holding her he let go, just enough to cup her face in his hands and, without being able to resist, he leaned forward to kiss her.</COLOR>

<COLOR color="#000">FIN

Users who are viewing this thread

Back