Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
It's Complicated
Sexual Orientation
Heterosexual
Wand
Curly 9 Inch Swishy Walnut Wand with Meteorite Dust Core
Ava had been feeling a little under the weather all day. She had been cramping on and off, but she'd brushed it off as just cramps. At least, she had, until she was standing in the kitchen making a bowl of ice cream and her water broke. Ava gasped, as another cramp- er, a contraction, she realized, hit her hard. She grabbed her stomach, whimpering. Abandoning the ice cream, she waddled towards the living room. Vader had stayed at home with her today, giving in to her plea of cuddling on the couch and watching movies. Ava leaned heavily on the door frame, one hand on the frame and the other protectively over her stomach. "Timmy- Timmy-" Ava gasped out. "It's- it's happening, my water broke, the twins-" Ava cried out then in pain, bending over a bit and whimpering loudly.

Vader had stayed home, with his shop front just downstairs and its hours always decided by him he didn’t need to worry too much about when he was open. Vader had just decided to stay home as Ava had wanted it. It was difficult to say no to his very pregnant friend. She needed his help and support, and well, he was happy to give it. But as they’d been settled on the couch he had noticed Ava’s discomfort, but he wasn’t sure what he was to make of it. Not until she came back in an it seemed like he’d done the right thing of staying home. He was immediately on his feet and could feel his panic rising, but he knew this wasn’t really about him or his panic. ”I’ll get the go bags, do you want to owl your dad real quick?” Vader asked as he was already moving, they’d had things in place for a while, as it had gotten closer and closer to the due date. He was slipping on shoes and trying his best to have everything and be ready.

Ava just tried to focus on her breathing, shaking her head as he asked about owling her dad. "No, no. Just you." She gasped as another contraction hit her. "We can message him late- ah! Later," she managed. She felt overwhelmed enough already, and her father would only be overbearing and she just wasn't sure she could handle that right now.

Time seemed to move in a strange combination for her after that. If it wasn't dragging on, each second lasting a lifetime, then the hours were gone in the blink of an eye. It was just after four the next morning when the elder of the twins was born, and almost four thirty when the second baby was born.

Ava was exhausted, drenched in sweat. After a few minutes with the twins, they were taken from the room to be cleaned up. Ava let out a shaky breath, turning her head. She was too tired to open her bleary eyes, and reached out blindly. "Vader?" She asked, her voice barely more than a whisper.

Vader nodded, though he thought it was a bad idea to not tell him, but this wasn't about him. It was a long afternoon, night and into the early hours of the morning, but at the very least Vader had a lot of experience with sleepless nights. It was something he did often enough. The man had stayed clear of certain things, not particularly wanting to view too much and wanting to say out of the way of the mid-wife and the healer. Eventually though there were two babies, screaming in the world. He had seen the tiny little things as they'd been taken away to be cleaned up, and it felt wild to him that they were little people, as real as they were. Just tiny little breathing, humans. He heard his name and approached Ava. "Hey, you did good!" he told her, unsure of what else to do or say in this moment.

Ava was barely awake, reaching out to try and find Vader's hand. "Vader," she breathed. "I'm so tired, Vader," she murmured, her words slurring a little as she fall asleep. It was a few hours before she woke up. She groaned, shifting and rolling a bit in bed. She opened her eyes to see she was in a new room, curled up in a new bed. She sat up a bit, looking around. "Timmy?" She asked, rubbing her eyes and trying to find her friend.

Vader took her hand as she'd reached to him, but it wasn't too long before she'd fallen asleep. They'd been taken to a new room and Vader had just sat at her bedside as the time had passed. At one point they had brought the twins into the room, a little boy and a little girl. They were sleeping peacefully together in the same little crib. He couldn't get over how small and delicate they seem. He knew he'd likely never have child of his own, that him and Goku would likely adopt and that would be way down the road, he doubted he would've had this moment and wouldn't do it. He went to his bag and took out his camera, and very carefully took a first picture of of Ava's twins, softly sleeping. He glanced up as he heard Ava's tired voice. He put down the camera, and pushed the crib towards her, "Hey Ava, got some little people here for you,"

Ava stirred more as she heard Vader's voice, sitting up in the bed. She knew she looked a mess, she could feel how wild her hair must be, and she hurt all over. "Oh," She breathed, peeking into the crib he rolled over to her. "Oh, Timmy, they're so tiny," she could feel the tears welling up in her eyes. She reached over, taking the little blanket and pulling it up over the babies as they cuddled each other. "Who was born first?" She asked. She looked up to him, giving him an exhausted smile. "I love you, Timmy," She added quietly. She was sure he already knew that, but in the moment, she felt the need to remind him anyway.

Vader gave a little smile as he watched her with the twin. He knew this was a special moment and he resisted the urge to take a picture, there would be time for that later and for once he wanted to be in this moment with her. "I think the little girl, because she was smaller," he told her, in all honestly it had been a bit of blur for him. "But the little boy was very soon after, like mere minutes," Vader knew Ava had talked about names, but he wasn't sure she was sticking to those upon seeing the little babies. "Love you too," He replied easily, "it's about 8 in the morning, so, I think in a couple of hours your dad and that will arrive," he was trying to encourage her to get some more rest.

Ava smiled at the twins. "Oh, I'll sleep later," she dismissed his worry, gently picking up the little boy and cradling him. "Ohhh, little Nico," she cooed, rocking him gently. She looked over to her little girl. "Aurora," she murmured, smiling warmly. "My little Rory," she breathed. She looked up to Vader, giving him a tired but tender smile. "Come on, come sit with me," she asked, scooting over to give him room to sit on the bed.

A tingly feeling. Happy but worrying. Noelle could feel it in his bones as he got home from university. He took a raincheck when Caelan invited him to dinner with Philip as he could not put a name on what he was feeling. He thought it would be gone when the morning came. He was wrong. He tossing and turning in his sleep, his thoughts drifting to Ava and a set of twins. He bolted upright at six in the morning. He did a mental calculation and realized she may have given birth already. He quickly got dressed and went to the kitchen to whip up a breakfast basket with a thermos full of coffee for Vader. He knew the man would be there with her, always.

Just as he was leaving the apartment, an owl came with a small note. He recognized Ava's writing with the address and the words They're here. He decided to apparate to the NZ airport and took the taxi to the hospital. After asking for directions, he finally found the room where Ava and the twins were. "Knock, knock.", he announced, slowly opening the door, a smile on his face.

Last edited:
Vader nodded, he would've wanted Ava to sleep, since he was sure that bringing the twins into the world had been more exhausting than anything he would ever face. He looked at her as she interacted with the little babies. He noted the names she was using, the names she'd always talked about. He didn't want to interrupt too much in this. This was Ava's moment with her children and though he was going to be involved he didn't want to be too bold around. He moved over though and sat down next to her. He hadn't yet held either twin, not quite sure he wanted to without Ava's permission, at least this first time and he didn't want to hold either before she did. Vader glanced up towards the door at the new voice.

Ava smiled as Vader sat with her. She noted his lack of twin, and immediately shifted, placing Nico in his arms. She shifted off the bed a moment to pick up Aurora, and settled in again next to Vader. She hummed lightly, smiling and brushing the tip of her finger gently over Auroras face. "They're so soft," she breathed. She bit back a yawn, looking up as someone opened the door. She smiled again. "Hi, Noelle. Come on in," she motioned vaguely for him to enter, rocking Aurora gently. "Vader, don't call my dad yet." She directed her attention to him. "I'm really hungry. Can we eat first?" She asked, pushing aside the need to sleep for now.

Noelle came in, bringing in the basket he packed. "Hey Vader, how're you doing?", he greeted the man as he placed the basket on the side table. "I heard someone said breakfast.", he announced cheerfully while opening it to take out their contents. He first took out the thermos and showed it to her friend. "I wonder if you like coffee. I brought some. Waffles, bagels, eggs, and many more. There are fruits here for you too, Ava." he said, placing most of what he could get on the table so the two could take their pick. He slowly approached the woman, tucked her hair behind her ear. "How're you feeling?", he asked gently before he sneaked a peek at the twins. Being a twin himself, he wondered if it was also like this when he and Yvette were born. "They're beautiful. You did well, momma.", he said, a twinkle in his eyes.

Vader took Nico as he was handed to him, and Vader shifted the weight in his arms, making sure that he was supporting his little head. For something so small, it was a solid weight in his arms, and the tiny little movements from within the blanket, reminded him of how real the twin were. He could feel the way he was breathing, could practically feel the pulse through the blankets. He didn't know why his eyes filled with tears, just this was a person. Nico was real. He glanced at Aurora's face as Ava touched it and he slowly did the same with Nico, feeling the softness of the cheek. Vader wiped his eyes quickly as Noelle walked her. "Hey," he greeted but didn't reply. "Are you sure Ava? He'd want to know?" he said. Vader nodded at all the food, and wondered if he could take some of the coffee, he'd yet to sleep. but he didn't want to move too much or disturb Nico.

Ava still felt tired. She hummed softly, leaning into the touch as Noelle tucked her hair back. She offered him Aurora, smiling gently as he took the baby before turning to the food and Vader. She shook her head. "He has a very pregnant wife of his own. He can wait a minute and let me sleep," she countered, picking up some fruit to set in front of her. She picked up the coffee and offered it to Vader, ready to take Nico if Vader wanted to trade.

Noelle smiled at how Ava reacted, nodded at Vader's greeting. He may have been surprised when Ava handed her Aurora. He remembered the names that Ava told him the last time he visited her. He gently rocked the infant as he watched the two talk about her dad. He did not make a comment, taking notes from how the woman reacted to it. He glanced at Vader who seemed to have looked tired and sleepy and his respect for the man just increased tenfold. "Hey, Vader?", he called the man's attention, "I can keep Ava company if you need to go home and get some rest. I'm pretty sure Ava would agree that you also need to rest.", he suggested, hoping Ava's best friend would not take it the wrong way. He shifted his hold on the small bundle in his arms as the girl moved to snuggle closer to him.

Vader was still holding the little Nico in his arms. He wanted to never let go, to always protect him and his sister, always help them. He knew now the way his parents had been with him, why they had worried for him and his sisters with the magical world, with his sleep. He didn't necessarily agree with Ava, he was sure that her dad would want to know but he wouldn't argue with her, it was her choice after all. Vader glanced towards Noelle as the man spoke. and he frown. "Oh," he said. He glanced to Ava and then nodded, he should go....Noelle didn't want him there, which he got and he had spent a lot of time here, perhaps it was someone elses turn. "Okay," he said with unsure but tired voice. He hadn't slept since the night before all this had happened. He was still holding Nico and gently put the baby back in the crib. Already moving to grab his things and go.

Ava looked between the two, her eyes widening. He was right, Vader looked so tired. She hurried out of bed, wincing a little in pain but following after Vader quickly. "Timmy, wait, wait," she hurried over, holding out her arms for a hug. "I love you, get some sleep, okay?" She asked, just wanting to hold her best friend for a moment before he left. She knew he would be back when he woke up.

Noelle saw the crestfallen expression of Vader when he suggested it and he opened his mouth, wanting to explain but the man already made a move, gathering his things after he set Nico down. Ava hurried out of bed and gingerly went to Vader, hugging her best friend. Noelle felt like a dumbass as he was not able to make the man understand. If only he could say it in another way, something that did not come off as not making him feel unwanted. He looked down at Aurora once more before slowly approaching Nico to gaze down at the little boy. He prepared himself for whatever Ava would say in her best friend's defense.

Vader glanced to Ava and wrapped his arms around her in a hug. He would leave but he wasn't sure how he was supposed to sleep. He'd been up all night, but he couldn't imagine sleeping. "You too Helene," he said to her before glancing one last time to the little babies before he headed out the door. He would go home, get things tidy, prepare the flat more and then probably go to work for a few hours. He knew he wouldn't sleep even if he tried.

Ava sighed as Vader left. She already knew he wasn't going to sleep. She would give him a few hours before calling him back to cuddle with her and sleep. She could last that long. She moved to sit down again, turning her attention to Noelle. "Careful, or I'll kick you out too," She warned him half-heartedly. She knew Noelle had meant well, at least. She waddled back to sit in bed, shifting so she was comfortable on the pillow they gave her and pulling the blankets up around her waist. "Give me a baby," she ordered asked him, holding out her arms.

Noelle listened to Vader's retreating steps and just turned around to see Ava waddle back to her bed. At her warning, half-meant or not, he just quickly nodded with a small chuckle. He approached her, handing Aurora before picking up Nico from the cot. He hadn't had the chance to carry the boy yet. The Puff looked down at the infant, marveled at how they turned out. "I'm sorry for making Vader go.", he apologized. "I-I-I'm really sorry.", he stammered. "I know both of you are exhausted, I just want to help in any way I can.", he softly said.

Ava held Aurora in her arms, cooing softly at the baby and holding her close. She chuckled tiredly at Noelle's apology. "You're fine, for now. Give him a few hours and he'll be back- I already know he's not going to sleep." She rolled her eyes, smiling fondly. "I'll probably have you summon him again later so I can get him to curl up with me and we can both sleep a bit hopefully." She mused, thumbing the edge of Aurora's blanket absently. She looked over to Nico and smiled. "They're so small," She cooed, almost to herself. She bit back a yawn then, and shifted to lay Aurora back in bed. "Until then why don't you cuddle with me? You're right, I'm really tired, and you just kicked out my pillow." She teased him with a worn out grin.

Noelle felt relieved, but only in the slightest. Vader and he had not really gotten the chance to know each other and his last name was really setting a slightly tarnished reputation in the school. He just sure hoped to the heavens that the upcoming Maxwells were nothing like them. Less drama. "I can give you cuddles. Anything you want.", he teased as he settled Nico back before pushing the cot closer to the bed. "Ava, what can I do? For Vader, I mean?", he asked thoughtfully as he gently climbed into bed behind her. He scooted, getting comfortable before offering his arm for her to use as a pillow. "I really don't want him to think I don't like him.", he added.

Ava considered Noelle's words, shifting to curl up against him as he offered his arm. It hurt to move, but soon enough she was settled down with the ice pack between her legs. "Well," she mused. "If you're looking for practical answers, he did just open his photography shop. You could bring him some business, it might help us to buy a house," She offered, resting her head on his shoulder and laying a hand on his chest. "Cover me up?" She asked, too tired to reach for the blanket again. "If you want something more personal, coffee runs through his veins," She joked lightly. "Most people are sixty percent water. I think he's eighty percent coffee." She giggled tiredly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back