It's the climb.

Jake Storm

OOC First Name
Maia
Jake had somehow arrived at the beach. He had walked, aimlessly for the last hour, bored to hell, far away from home. He sighed, watching people walking on the beach. In a flash he decided he would go out onto the rocks near one end of the beach. He ran toward the rocks, several passers by, stopping to watch the strange, blonde boy running full pelt, like a child. He stopped when he approached the rocks. Beyond them were cliffs, which he had already decided he was going to climb. He ran a hand through his hair, which had, unbelievably, already gathered sand. After thoroughly dusting himself off, he placed a foot on the rock, and hid climb began. He grabbed a rock and felt the hard, solid substance beneath hi fingers. Strong, solid, reliable. He jumped up and was faster from then on.

Upon reaching the cliff he sighed, this was going to be hard. The cliffs were steep, and the handholds few. He wouldn't use magic-that would be cheating. He placed a strong, muscular am against a piece of rock and hoisted himself up. He grabbed a handhold and was off. It was long and hard work, reaching the top. Still, when he had done it-he felt it was worthwile, filling a few of the boring hours he had to endure here. He laughed as he watched a seagull flying by. Today, today was a good day.

Not feeling the need to argue with his parents, Isaac Noah Pike had decided to head for the beach. He'd gone to visit his sister, and now was just waiting for the call to head out for the night. Where they would be going and where to meet. He was pretty much already ready to go. He was wearing his dark grey smart jeans, a grey shirt and a black blazer jacket to top it all off. He had his hair pretty much ready for anything. And he himself was ready for another night about the New Zealand country. The good thing about being of age was that he could pretty much go where he pleased. If one of his friends suddenly fancied going to Australia, Isaac would have no problem with it. He would be pretty much ready for anything. He knew that while drunk he had to be careful to not apparate anywhere. On the days that him and his friends visited magic clubs full of witches and wizards, the morning after was a little more difficult because he did have to spend time figuring out if he was still in New Zealand. His friends and him, didn't really care about the way people thought of their new lifestyle. Isaac was aware of how much his parents hated it, but it didn't mean he would change. Not at all. In fact it made him less likely to change. He hated changing for others. Why should they decide what he did with his life. It was his life after all. The beach was an odd place for Isaac to go, he was just waiting around, and generally he did that in a bar, but he had gone to the beach. He was walking along the sand, glancing out to the water. It was a nice day. He wondered if he would not drink that night. But, his mind reminded him of the argument he'd had with his parents after getting in from visiting his sister. It was the usual set up, but, it had annoyed Isaac more. He looked up to the cliffs in the distance and noticed a boy climbing up them. Isaac was curious as to why a boy would do such a thing. It wasn't exactly good since, he really was wasting time. He didn't know if the boy was doing it for fun, or if he really desired to go up the hard way. Isaac was curious enough to find the person. So he walked to a covered area where he couldn't be seen, and apparate to a covered area of the cliff.

Isaac walked out, just as the boy hoisted himself up. Magic would've helped him so much. Isaac wondered why the boy would climb up such a thing. Isaac's golden eyes looked the boy down. He looked younger than Isaac. A few years. Not that it bothered Isaac. He didn't limit his friends to those in his year or around his age. He had a few friends in other years back at Beauxbatons. He just didn't take them out drinking and clubbing. Isaac put his wand away and began to clap. "Very nicely done." Isaac said, his American twang coming through as he spoke. "I don't know why you would do that, but, wow. Very nice!" Isaac walked towards the boy a friendly smile on his face and a look of admiration. "I would never. Not athletic enough. So, why did you do it?"

Jake turned around at the sound of a voice, his moment of revelation interrupted, but he was glad of the interruption when he heard an American accent. He had been in Bulgaria for a week now, and had barely talked to anyone, since he didn't speak their language. He had already gotten into a fight, with someone he could barely understand, it was good to hear something from home. He turned around to see a guy, older than him by a few years, blonde, with Gold-ish eyes. "Thanks." Jake replied, his regular half-smile in place. Ever since childhood Jake had found it easy to talk to people, His mother told him he had inherited it from his Father, a man he barely remembered. He suddenly realised it had been quite dangerous to climb the cliff, as he looked over the edge. He looked back toward the guy. "I was bored." Jake shrugged, as the guy said he didn't know why he did it." he knew it wouldn't seem logical, but Jake tended to do things on the spur of the moment, he wasn't one for planning, but one for doing and seeing and living.

He smiled as the guy smiled at him, "I decided to climb the rocks, 'cause I promised my Mom I wouldn't get into trouble with the local kids, so I decided to come up here, I didn't use magic 'cause it would feel like I was cheating-you know, and I need to stay fit for soccer." he explained, becoming animated. Jake loved adventure, and her rarely stayed still unless motivated to do so. He smiled at the older guy. "I'm Jake, I'm from New York-The Village." he introduced himself, extending a hand.

Currently being somewhere in Europe, Isaac wasn't quite ready for the time difference he would suffer, when he jumped back to New Zealand. Obviously he wouldn't have to wait that long. But it just seemed like it was pretty silly to go so far from home after a fight. But, he'd stormed out the house and just apparated to the first place his mind thought of. This beach, the rocks and cliff face were familiar to the Beauxbatons student. He remembered them as the place he'd come to on his first holiday with friends. The entire group had made the trip out to the area, since one friend had family that lived in the area. It was when Isaac had been about 15, It was the first time he'd ever tried vodka. And many other bevarges. But, it had been a good holiday. He had plenty of happy memories from the place. He'd never really thought much about the place itself since he'd last come, but there had been plenty of fun here. He was sure, he'd been sick in the sea. And slept on the beach with his friends. It had been pretty much murder removing all the sand from the clothes he'd been wearing. But, it had been a good holiday and one that stuck in his brain as a time for firsts. He didn't ever consider climbing up the cliff, nor did he remember ever coming up to the cliff. He guess that it was because of the drop. He didn't want to fall and hurt himself. He wasn't scared of heights he just chose to not come up so far as he didn't want to die. He knew that there was a small chance of him falling, but he didn't ever want to try this chance. Isaac watched as the boy said he was bored. It was clear to Isaac that they had different ideas on what was cured boredum. "You were bored? Wow" Isaac said giving a small laugh. "I'm liking your motivation." Isaac wasn't not motivate he just was motivate in different areas. He was motivate in finding girls and a good party. It wasn't that hard to find, girls tended to know good parties. There wasn't much work involved. He didn't really know what girls saw in him. Some said that when talking he was the mysterious-brooding guy. But, Isaac just tended to not want to talk, and he drifted away from the conversation. He knew how to smile and have a good time. When he did smile the girls tended to like him more. As if they'd managed to single handedly make him smile.

The boy went on to further explain what he'd done and why. It didn't really make much sense. Surely his mom would be more pissed that he'd climbed up a rock face, that if he started a fight with the locals. Neither seemed like a great idea to him. But, Isaac found his fun in getting with girls and drinking, so he could not be one to judge someone else. "That's pretty cool. I don't think it would be cheating, but staying fit for Football is good. Dude, you're in europe now, can't call it soccer any more." Isaac smiled at the boy. As he walked until he stood beside the boy. He took his hand and shook it. "New Yorker? Far from home aren't we? I'm from Boston, But, I live in France now. Long time since I went back to the states. My family have moved to New Zealand, so, I really have no reason to return" Isaac started. "I'm Isaac. It's awesome to meet you Jake." Isaac let go of the boy's hand and gave the boy a quick glance over as he stood beside him. "So, which school do you attend? I'm assuming not Beauxbatons, I would've seen you before." Isaac was not actually that closed off, he was better amoung guys than girls but he never felt the need to lie about himself.​
<i>
</i>

Jake was glad of the company when Isaac had appeared. he had been wondering what he would do up here, level with the sky and open to the world. Over the last few days Jake had been through some interesting things. He had decided what school he wanted to go to, he had made friends, met girls. Things were moving fast and what Jake had expected to be an uninteresting and boring holiday had become quite enjoyable. He had come up here with the intention of thinking everything over, but once he had reached the top-he found there was nothing to think about-things were good and he didn't need to analyse or think it over at all.

"Thanks." Jake replied, grinning. This guy seemed cool, someone Jake could get to know. Jake looked out toward the ocean, seeing the waves crash into the shore. He loved the way the water looked and a few Summer's before she had learned how to surf. He wished he had thought to bring his board. "Yeah, and I don't have any of my weights or such with me on holiday, so I'm running and stuff like that you know?" Jake smiled, looking back toward Isaac. he stuffed his hands in his pockets. "Cool-Yeah, I'm on Holidays with my Mom." he smiled, not many people understood why he was on holidays in the middle of the year, but his Mom and him worked on a different schedule to everyone else. "Same." Jake replied, releasing his hand from the shake. "I'm home-schooled, thinking of going to Durmy next year." Jake replied, when talking about his education-Jake was always a bit vague-his Mom was a good teacher, but Jake really wanted to start school.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back