It's bitter cold around here

Brandon Coffield

Wand
Hplly/Ebony Wand 12 1/2" essence of griffin feather
Brandon wrapped himself up as warmly as he could, the old parka jacket that he refused to get rid of well worn and faded seemed to be letting more cold in that it used to. Perhaps it was time to get a new coat after all. Goodness knew his mother was constantly on at him to allow her to get him one but he always refused. Of course more and more he had begun to leave the Slytherin house to mix it up with other students. He was really faring too well in this new endeavour of his but at least he was trying. It didn't matter to him who he met or what new friends if any he made, he just knew that the alternative was not an option anymore.

He stuffed his hands into his pockets and walked as briskly as he could across the lawn. He wasn't in any particular rush to get anywhere and he certainly wasn't intent on getting anywhere imparticular, he just wanted to walk and stay out of what seemed to becoming a very stifling atmosphere in the house that was Slytherin.

Pez walked out to the lawn in her warm coat. She wasn't really looking for anyone or anything, she was just walking. She saw someone she had never met before and decided to go introduce herself to him. "Hey, I'm Pez." She said smiling and holding her hand out for him to shake.

Brandon looked up at a voice he vaguely remembered from class, sitting in the back regularly wasn't very condusive to meeting many of your class mates, especially when he baled the second the class bell rang. He also recognised her vaguely from the common room but as he didn't spend too much time there but preferred the solitude of his dorm, he figured this was why she hadn't a glimmer who he was at all. Had he been really this invisible for the past two years? Obviously.

He took the hand she proffered and shook it before shivering once more and tucking his hands deep inside his coat again.
"Hey Pez, I'm Brandon. Bloody cold or what today?" of all days he had chosen to leave the warmth of the dorm he had to have chosen one of the coldest.

"It is freezing, I don't' really like the cold, but I've been locked up inside so long I think I should come out for a while." She said shivering as she looked around her. "And It's nice to meet you, I don't' think I have seen you before." She said not trying to sound rude, but it probably came off that way.

"I get that alot" he laughed now, he actually didn't get that at all as he was usually so shut away himself.
"We actually share the same classes you know and belong to the same house" he couldn't help but smile here. True Slytherin house was busy enough with the number of students but surely someone over the past two years would have seen him beside his room mates.
He unzipped his jacket and showed the Slytherin crest emblazoned on his jumper as proof before zipping up against the cold again.

Brandon scoffed at her remark, how in the bleeding hell would she know whether or not he was social? He looked at her for a moment and decided he would ignore the remark. Pulling the parka hood up over his head he turned to face her again.
"Well I'm being social now, are you walking this way or not?" it was the best he could do in the circumstances.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back