It's been a while.

Zehava Brimital

As Zehava made her way up the steps towards Jonathon Holland's house, a small, tearful child in her arms, she suddenly wondered whether she was doing the right thing. Jon had a life now, her time with him was over, and yet she could not learn to accept this and move on. She wanted to believe that maybe he did still care, that maybe he'd help her now that she had Emma. She was his child, after all. But he had a wife now, she knew this as he'd kept in contact with her for a while after they had split up, though she hadn't spoken to him in months. It'd be a huge shock for Jon, no doubt, but it seemed worth it to Zehava. What if his wife opened the door? Did she even know about Jon, the fact he had a daughter with another girl? It was a risk she'd have to take. Kissing Emma softly on the cheek, Zehava rang the doorbell of Jon's house, her heart thumping wildly in her chest. He's not in. Go home, she told herself, only having waited a few seconds. As she thought about turning around and going home, the door opened.

Jon sat at home, his mind seem more settle these day now that he was married and had a career to support the two of them. Willow had her own gig going on, but it always felt good to say he could handle enough responsibility for the both of them. While the season was done for Jon and Willow was touring with her band, Jon felt a little lonesome. He thought about taking a regular job, or meet with a few friends during his time alone. It never happen for him. There was always just stuff to do around the house. In fact he was thinking of painting their living quarters. Thinking of all the supplies he may need, a knock came on the door. Dropping the magazine of house improvement, Jon went to answer it. And as he twist the door knob, he saw someone fleeing from his sight. That someone he did not recognize from behind, he spoke up before the person left. "Hey, excuse me can I help you?" he waited by the door border.

When she heard Jon's amazing voice, Zehava spun around immediately, clutching Emma to her chest with a startled look on her face. He looked different. He was still the same Jon he'd always been, but her was older. Zehava was speechless, and unable to make much noise come out of her mouth at all. She cleared her throat nervously. 'Hi..', she started, still incapable of anything more. What would he think when he realized it was her? She wanted him to be happy, but a feeling of dread told her that it would be quite the opposite reaction. She tried to imagine how she would have felt if her boyfriend had turned up on her doorstep with her child when she had a husband, but the thought boggled her mind and she banished it quickly. 'I.. I just', Zehava stammered, glancing down at Emma to try and get her point across.

"Zehava?" Jon stood now, his lips were parted almost in shock. How did she find me? He narrowed his gaze at the girl, the girl who broke his heart just two years ago. And a year prior to that she found him and told Jon about the daughter he never got the chance to see ever was missing. What shock him the most, besides seeing her, was the little girl she was holding in her arm. His eyes went from glaring to discomfort. Emma, she alive? "That's her? Isn't it?" the girl, two years old he predicted, look much like Zehava. But her eyes and her curls, resemble Jon's late mother. Their eyes met and insatntly he felt like he won the lottery. "Come in, come in" he pushed open the door, he felt like he had won, but he didn't know how to react to her being here, now, like magic she found her way back to Jon.

Jon's reaction was perfect for Zehava, as she beamed, a ray of hope shimmered in her eyes. Perhaps he wasn't angry after all. 'Yes, yes its Emma', she said, a tone of excitement and uncertainty in her voice. Under his command, Zehava followed him into his house, admiring his - or his wife's - sense of decoration. 'I'm sorry to just... Turn up like this', she said quietly, holding back a sigh as she lowered her head. Emma began to whimper, and she bounced her up and down gently. Her blonde curls were turning brown, and her eyes looked just like hers, but she was sure she looked more like Jon than herself.

"Umm, just sit wherever you feel comfortable" one hand he was happy to see Emma was still alive and she was okay. Jon smile at the little girl, he felt awkward but he manage it well. He sat down, rubbing his neck to think straight. Guys did that when they feel odd, he did it when he needed to think. Zehava was smiling, but Jon look was serious. "First, how did you find her? Second is she okay?" a duh question, Emma being here obviously seem okay, except the part where she was whimpering. "How long will you have her with you? I mean how long will you both be around?" he ask nicely.

Zehava perched on the edge of Jonathon's sofa. 'I proved that I was fit to care for Emma. I've been going on about it to them for two years. They finally gave up.' She said, turning serious now. 'I think she's OK. I hope she doesn't remember any of this though. She's been through a lot and I expect she's pretty scared'. Self conciously, Zehava's hand moved up to Emma's head as if to protect her from everyone and everything. But she wasn't strong enough to do that. If she was, she wouldn't be in the mess she was in now. 'I'm around for however long. I'm living with my parents right now', She added. 'You do know what happened.. Don't you?', she asked sternly, frowning a little and hoping she wouldn't have to explain her story, but he had the right to know if he didn't already. She definately didn't want him thinking that she'd simply left him on purpose. It killed her inside to think that he may not understand.

Jon sat listening, every fiber of his being was telling Jon not to go on ahead and trust this girl. She lied to him a few times, and than some more. He wonder how much of the truth was she telling him. "That's good, I mean for Emma. I was wondering how long were you going to contact me to tell me the news. I've been looking for her since last year" his search was still on, but he had little connection with Zehava or her family. No one tell him anything except for the Ministry of Magic. They say there was little they could do with out enough information bout the little girl, something as simple as birthday could've help if he knew it. "You told me last year, in a letter. What else is there's to know? Unless what you told me was a lie?"

Zehava gasped. 'No, no it wasn't a lie! What I wrote was the truth. My head has just been so.. strange lately, I can't remember things and I'm confused', Zehava put her head in her hands, carefully dodging Emma. Tears started to stream down her face, her mascara smudging down her cheeks. Feeling a little dizzy, she closed her eyes, but it didn't help. The pressure was making Zehava think that her head might explode, with the added dread of Jon's wife turning up at any moment. 'I'm sorry I didn't keep in contact with you, I just didn't know what to do Jon'. She wiped her eyes with the back of her hand, not daring to look at him, instead holding her head down, mainly to stop the dizziness as well as to shy away from the reality. The reality being, she had messed up.

"I wasn't confused Zehava, I love you and i wanted more than anything to be there for you. I tried helping but all I got was you walking out of my life. What is there more to do that?" he couldn't return to the past. And if he could he wasn't sure if he would do it now. he loved her in the past, now he been sure marrying Willow meant he didn't lover her anymore. Maybe, he suppose. He look at Zehava now, he felt pity if anything bad for the girl. "it's okay, I'm just glad she okay. I felt bad that day you came to our old place, I didn't know to react to you coming and knowing she was born" jon eyes fell down on his own hands. The awkward silence that fell between them sting him most. "Where are you staying now so I can see her? I'm still her father"

Did he really mean he still loved her? Zehava hoped so, but she knew he had a life with his wife now and there was no chance of anything ever happening between them. It was all her fault. Anger raged through Zehava. 'I didn't walk out, how could you say that?' She said, raising her voice a little. How dare he acuse her of walking out of his life. It wasn't her fault, and he knew that. Zehava shook her head with a look of defeat on her face. 'Sorry. I know you're her father, I'm staying at 15 Prary road. It's just down the road, you probably know it', She said sadly, stroking Emma's head. She was getting big now, too big to be carried around everywhere, but she didn't trust her. Or she was too afraid to take her eyes off her. 'Do you want to hold her?', She asked Jon, swallowing back the lump in her throat. He had a right to be close to Emma. He was her father, after all.

"Because that's what happen, Zehava. You can't sugar coat it or twist in your own little world" he said responding. I swear, this girl... he sighed frustrated. "Look did you come here to argue with me or did you come here to let me see Emma? Cause it really seems selfish of you only to think about yourself.." he stood up and crept closer to Emma. He felt really stupid arguing in front of her mom, when the little girl didn't even know him well. "Emma?" he slip down to his knee, attempting to get her to go with him. "Emma, I'm daddy, come on Emma" he spoke softly, the girl did not move, except back towards her mom. This is going to take some time, greattttt !

'Neither, Jon. I came here because I was scared, because I wished that maybe, just maybe you'd understand. I was abused Jon, and all the time I was thinking about our baby, how I could get back to you before it was too late. I was scared', Zehava was breathing heavily by this time, her heart thumping in her chest for the second time that day. However she kept her voice low as not to upset Emma. 'Don't you understand that?', she asked softly and quietly, a forlorn expression on her face. When Jon spoke to Emma, Zehava realized just how great a family they would have been. If none of this had happened.. Tears rose in Zehava's eyes but she wiped them away furiously.

"Look I understand I get it, but what do you want me to do?" he really ask her this time more seriously more firmness in his voice. It's like she wanted him to wish this all way, magic or not, that's physically impossible. "I'm married to Willow now and the only thing I can do as of this situation, is be civil with you so I can see Emma. Otherwise I can't do anything else Zehava" she needed to stop wishing and forget their past. Their lives change, his world completely was different from when he was in school. She had to get that now, or they can't connect with each other. Putting his marriage out like that's all ready risky, Willow will hate me if I cheated on her. Though a small part of him still had feelings for Zehava, a much stronger part of him overpower that feeling for her. It made no difference.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back