It's been a while

Irene knew that things were going to go downhill from Ioan's question. When Link pushed her back, she tried desperately to grab his arm, but it was too late. The two men went at each other like bulldogs. "Stop! Irene yelled to no avail. She knew that she wouldn't be able to stop them since she was much smaller than both of them and since they seemed so intent on drawing blood. She pulled out her wand and aimed it first at Ioan and then at Link, planning on stunning one or the other of them.

Listening to them speak while they fought, Irene realized that the two men knew each other from somewhere and apparantly knew each other well. This was an interesting revelation but one that she couldn't stop to think about at the moment. With a quick flick of her wand, Irene silently sent the petrificus totalus charm toward both her brother and Link. It was a simple spell but she needed both of them to stop fighting so that they would listen to her.

"Can you both listen to me for a minute?!" Irene began in a hysterical voice. She was already near tears from watching her brother and her boyfriend fighting each other. "This is my house, Ioan. You can't just come in here and start telling anyone what to do" she said in a stern voice, her blue eyes glaring at her older brother. She'd never stood up to him before and if she weren't so angry and upset, Irene would be proud of herself. She had no idea why her brother had chosen to come and now she didn't even care.

"And you... she said turning on Link. "He's my brother. If you don't have any respect for him, at least have some for me. You're both being jerks" she finished, a tear falling onto her cheek. Wiping it away angrily, Irene waved her wand and took the charm off both men. "If you want to keep fighting...get out of my house" she added and left the room before either of them could see more tears fall.

She couldn't believe they were being such idiots, but she wasn't going to be a witness to their craziness. Slamming her bedroom door behind her, Irene sat on her bed, put her head in her hands and cried more than she had in a long time.

Link was spellbound by Irene wand and was force to stop attacking Ioan. He listen to every word she had to say, afterwards he felt lower than scum. Nice going Link, he said to himself. Link shook himself once she released him, he thought of going after her and that's just what he did. He didn't even look at Ioan, he went right up the stairs and leaned against the door. He heard Irene soft cries, it killed him just listening from the other side of the door. "Irene?" he called out her name once and waited till she responded but continued anyways. "Irene....I'm ....Sorry" it took him a lot to say these words. Coming from him, it was a lot and he knew it. Link hardly ever said sorry but when he did he meant it.

"Your right I was acting like a jerk" but that was just how Link was. Did she think he was going to change for her, maybe not. He didn't know. Maybe he needed to show his other side to her, and leave this side a secret. He thought of Ioan, and went back downstairs after hearing no respond back. "Are you happy now? Got what you wanted. So what the hell your going to do about it?" he questioned him, after this Link thought of just causing mayhem.

Until the spell hit him, Ioan had no intentions of stopping. He was startled when he could no longer move. It had been a while since a spell had hit him. Glancing up, he listened to Irene, especially since he had no choice in the matter. Her words hit him in the gut harder than any punch could. Ioan could count the number of people that he truly and sincerely cared about on one hand, and Irene was of course on that list. "Irina..." he began as soon as she lifted the spell, but she was already gone, having fled up the stairs to her room.

Ioan glanced at Link, unsure of what to do. He was still not happy with the fact that Link was dating his baby sister, but he certainly wasn't going to start fighting again. His sister had already made it clear that she didn't want that. When Link went up the steps, Ioan went over to Irene's couch and took a seat, sighing heavily. He sat back and closed his eyes, not opening them until Link was back downstairs.

"Me?You're the one who started the fight. Are you happy?" Ioan replied back. "All I came here for was to talk to my sister about something...and you're here" he said, pointing at Link. "When were you gonna mention that you were with my sister? Guess it slipped you're mind, huh. Were you dating her before or after you kicked Leah to the curb?" he questioned back, thinking that it was funny that Link hadn't mentioned it when they'd met up last. He knew the guy had broken Leah's heart not so long ago and wondered if Irene was the reason why. He had no idea how long this had been going on between Irene and Link, but figured that it was long enough for him to be in her house. Ioan was still fuming though he wasn't quite ready to let his fists fly again.

Link tensed up but held back, as he cupped his mouth looking down at Ioan. He was thinking it through, at what he was going to say. When he mention Leah, she had nothing to do with this situation from the beginning. When he got with Irene they were already done. "First and foremost you are not my keeper. I don't have tell you chit about anything that I do. Its none of your business" he said rudely but calmly. "But if you must know, me and Leah were already done before I met your sister" why was he explaining, Link just wanted to make him feel like an ass. He still had somewhat respect for Ioan but it was hardly ever enough for Link to say so. "I hadn't seen you since the bleak street. Is there anything else that you like to know?" he wanted to brawl again but decided it wasn't worth it anymore. Irene will probably leave him after this, it would kill him if she did.

Ioan looked up amused that even though Link claimed that Ioan wasn't his keeper, he felt the need to explain himself. "At least" he grumbled as he leaned forward in his seat. He had too many things to deal with these days to be dealing with this as well. Not only was he dealing with preparing for his upcoming wedding but he was also busy with all of his death eater business. He had heard through the grapevine that the aurors were not giving up on their investigation of Scott Anderson's death.

"Yea...I'll let you know" he added sarcastically, unable to control himself. Standing up to his full height of 6'3, Ioan glanced up the stairs toward where Irene had fled. He sighed heavily and headed for the front door. There was no sense in staying any longer since it didn't seem as if she would be coming down anytime soon. Ioan felt a bit bad about that, but his actions were only for the best. Link was no match for Irene in his eyes. "Tell Irene...tell her I'll talk to her soon" he added seriously as if he doubted that Link would pass along the message. "See ya around" he said as he walked down the front steps and glanced up toward the windows. He saw a flicker upstairs as the curtains shifted back into place. With another sigh, Ioan disapparaated back home.

Something came across his mind that didn't occur when he was explaining his action to Ioan, that it was to late to ask once Ioan was gone. It was bothering him a lot now that he thought about it but he didn't know where Ioan lived. The guy never actually welcome Link to his house, and he thought he called himself some kind of friend. Link sauntered forwards the front door entrance, were Ioan had just disappeared. How did Ioan knew Leah? It was clearly the only question that came into mind, and why was she talking to Ioan about me. He didn't know and ponder the thought if this was going to get on his nerves until he found out. Maybe another time when he saw Leah.

Link stood out of the house and close the front door as he exit. Striking up a match to light a cigarette, he took in a deep drag and sighed. As if Leah was ever going to talk to Link, it was hopeless. He wonder if his battle was lost with Leah. Maybe it was already to late, and all he could claim is defeat. He didn't want no pity, but why wouldn't she look at him when she told Ioan that he was her boyfriend. Slowly Link rolled his eyes as they flutter, while engulfing the smoke and exhaling it out. She was ashamed. Ashamed to be with Link. He shook his head as he stepped down the porch and looked up at the windows. If she wanted to be with him she would come out, if not he would leave. He waited for a couple minutes just staring at her window.

Irene wiped her cheeks as she watched her brother disapparate, likely to be with his girlfriend. For a second, she grew angry again at the injustice of it all. She never had any say or cared to have any say in her brother's relationships, yet he always involved himself in hers. It annoyed the hell out of her. Picking up her wand, Irene pointed it at herself and muttered a spell to clean herself up.

Opening her door, Irene listened to see if she could hear any sign of Link still being around. She was afraid that he would have left as well. Irene bit her lip as she slowly made her way down the stairs, not spotting him anywhere. Her shoulders sagged a little as she accepted defeat. Once again it seemed that her brother would be successful in ending another one of her relationships. Yet another guy had run for the hills.

Something pushed Irene to head towards her front door, and when she did, her heart jumped a bit as she discovered that Link hadn't left at all. He was out there, smoking a cigarette. Opening her door, Irene said the words that she knew guys dreaded hearing. "Can we talk?" she asked quietly, her hand still on the door. The fact that he was still around was something in and of itself and Irene desperately wanted to explain herself to him, if he would let her. She had never met anyone quite like him, anyone who was willing to fight for her as Link had.

Link couldn't believe she would pulled that one out of the bag. What did she think he was, a first year? He flick his cigarette to the side, letting it shimmer wherever it landed, this was going to end badly. "Save it. I don't even want to hear it" he brought his face down, as he kept his concentration a certain area of the porch but it was no use. Distraction wasn't going to help in this situation, he look back up at Irene. "See you around" he turned and walked away. That was the end of it. Before she call out after him, he was gone. Back to the school, back to whatever hell he came from.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back