It's All So New

Wednesday Hardley

Wand
Holly/Ebony Wand 12 1/2" Essence of Griffin Feather
Wednesday couldn't believe that a place like this could even exist. Well not that fact that it was just another shopping area. Actually it wasn't really just another shopping area. It was a magical shopping area. It had shops full of animals, quills, wands ,and so much more. It was a bit overwhelming for a simple muggleborn. Though it was a good thing that Wednesday was not a normal muggleborn. She was herself and never had Wednesday been called normal.

As she wondered down the streets of this place they all called Brightstone Village, she spun about looking at everything. As her head moved rapidly back and forth as if she was a tourist. In reality she was a tourist. It was like everything was so new. It was actually hard to accept that this was her new home, but she was grateful that she could soon.

Wednesday continued to walk down the street wondering who all the people that passed her were. Most of them gave her odd looks. she couldn't blame them. Her outfit was quite odd for people anywhere even in a wizarding world. She wore leggings that were rainbow and went down to her ankles. Over that she had a bright yellow shirt which stood out like a sore thumb. On her head she had a headband that seemed to have two springs sticking out of the top in which held a sun on each spring. It was just a normal outfit for Wednesday. Though this was not a normal day nor a normal place.

Jake was wandering around brightstone village when he seen a girl around his age.He walked over to her and said."Hey, Im Jake, Can i join you?"

Wednesday turned to the boy who had spoken to her. Wondering at first if he was really speaking to her. Most of the time stayed clear or the so called freak. "Well sure Jake" She said flashing her white teeth in a wide smile. "I'm Wednesday" She said extending her hand to shake his as everyone could see that her nails were painted neon green with the letters of her name on each nail and a smile on the remaining name. "Nice to meet you" She said

"So what brings you to Brightstone Villiage?" She asked wondering why people hung out here.

"Nice to meet you Wednesday."Jake said, as he noticed her green nails he smiled." I was just getting my supplies for school. What about you?" He asked then looked around him as people passed by.

Wednesday smiled brightly once more. "Oh shopping for supplies" She said clapping her hands together once at the idea of shopping for supplies. She couldn't wait to see every store just to experience it all. "I was just looking at everything" she said spinning around once with her arms out. Once she stopped spinning she smiled as at the boy.

"It is all so interesting" She said "Don't you think?" She asked wondering if she was the only one that couldn't help but be amazed by all this.

"Sp, have you got everything yet or have you still to get it?" Jake asked as she spun round. "Yeah i suppose it is interesting."He replied when she asked if he found it interesting.

"I still have to get loads of items" She said smiling at the thought "I am so excited to" Wednesday admitted knowing that she probably sounded over the top with excitement but that was really nothing new. Though when Jake didn't seem as interested she shook her head.

"You aren't muggleborn are you?" She asked still shaking her head slightly "I'm sorry." Wednesday went on. "It is such a pity really. growing up around all this. It takes the fun and excitement out of it" Wednesday went on as she smiled and stopped shaking her head.

Jake laughed."No, im not muggleborn but i am still excited. Well, we are starting a school were we learn magic and things so of course im excited." He answered smiling at the thought of learning all the new spells, his dada told him that his favourite lessons would be potions and charms. Potions because you get to make them and it can be fun and Charms because of all the spells that you learn to protect yourself.

Wednesday smiled "Oh good" She said laughing a bit. At least the boy was excited surely not as much as Wednesday but she was always over excited anyway. "I can't wait to start school" She said jumping up three times into the air her shoes clicking as she hit the ground each time. As it was easy to see Wednesday was a ball of energy.

"What house were you sorted into?" Wednesday asked wondering if she had met a person in her own house. If not that would be fine. Wednesday wasn't one to care too much about houses.

"I know it will be great. Did any one in your family come here or are you the first?"Jake asked and smiled as he seen how excited she was. "I got sorted into Ravenclaw. What about you?"He answered. Jake guessed that she wasnt in Slytherin because she just didnt seem like the type.

Wednesday grinned from ear to ear as she thought about the soon and the classes and the people and the dorms and just about everything. Her blue eyes lit up. "Oh ravenclaw "She said "Muy Bien" Wednesday spoke. "We have a smart guy on our hands though" She said playfully pushing him.

"But I'm in hufflepuff" She said proudly. "I didn't know which house I wanted. No none of my family came here. I'm the first witch though. The first I have known about at least" She said smiling at the surprise and anger her parents felt when she got the letter. Now Wednesday was really just lucky to be here. "Did you other family come here?" She asked.

Jake laughed and said."I dont know why the sorting hat put me in this house but im not smart." "Wow, lucky you. Everyone in my family has been here except my gran." He answered thinking about his family."So, are you glad you got put in Hufflepuff?"He asked smiling.

Wednesday laughed along with Jake. This whole experience she made her so happy. She looked around at the people looking around. Some her age many older. it was just lovely adn exciting. "Oh yes I guess I am very lucky" Wednesday said.

"But you know the rules of the school for you have family who came " Wednesday said looking on the bright side. She always seemed to look on the bright side to her there was no other side. Though when he asked if she was happy she was in Hufflepuff she smiled "Of coarse!" She said "I am so thrilled. Hufflepuff is just a house like the rest except it is my house. that makes it the best in my eyes. As you must think Ravenclaw is the best. Right?" Wednesday said.

"Well yeah, i suppose i do."Jake said and watched as others walked past carrying all their school supplies.Jake grinned and said." Yeah im glad to be in Ravenclaw. Have you noticed how many Slytherins there are?"When Jake was on the train coming to Hogwarts, lots of people wanted to be in Slytherin and lots of them got in.

"Yeah" Wednesday said as she looked around to see all the people. As if she could tell which was in what house. She wasn't sure who was. THough she did know that many of them were in Slytherin. One of her old school friends was put into Slytherin. Though Wednesday had yet to find her friend that she was at the school. Though deep down Wednesday feared that a Hufflepuff could not be fears with a Ravenclaw. Though that was a negative thought so Wednesday put it out of mind.

"do you have many Slytherin Friends?" Wednesday asked.

"Well i know James,Hoshi,Toni and Payton.What about you?"Jake asked then wondered where Hoshi was, he hadnt seen her since the sorting ceremony but he had seen James,Toni and Payton.Proberly causing trouble. He thought to himself then chuckled.

Wednesday smiled as a Ravenclaw had Slytherin friends. Maybe houses weren't as big as a deal as people claimed them to be. "Sounds good" Wednesday said "Actually I haven't met anyone here yet" She said smiling "It's actually quite sad. I need to met more people" She said though her voice as still cheerful. "Though I have meet you so I guess I am not completely hopeless" She said with a small laugh.

"Are there lots of first years around and about?" She asked.

"I should be doing the same" Wednesday said smiling as she knew she should be shopping but still she did not progress in that matter. "Yet I don't think I am out of time yet" Wednesday said watching a few people walk by. Wednesday wondered how many others she would met. "Am I holding you up when you are supposed to do something else?" Wednesday asked.

"Dont worry you have plent of time to get your supplies in."Jake said smiling, He had just decided to get his stuff in early so he wouldnt have to wait until later. When Wednesday asked if she was stopping him from doing anything, he smiled and said."Nope, i would just be wandering around myself anyway."

Wednesday smiled brightly "Good. I want to buy my pet first though" she said thinking about what she wanted. "Though I want something different. I want I don't know. Do you have a pet" Wednesday asked Jake who she considered her first friend if he though so or not.

When he said he had nothing else to do she jumped once. "ok great" She said pushing a piece of her hair behind her ear. "I was worried I was bothering you. You have no clue how many people say that about me" She said rolling her eyes briefly though a smile remained on her face the whole time.

"Yeah, i have a owl but thats it."Jake said smiling then thought of a pet she could get."Why dont you get a cat or something." He said."Nope, your not and the people who said that are just strange." Jake replied smiling glad that he had made another friend.

Wednesday nodded. Jake seemed like the type to have an owl. "A cat is so typical. I want something..."She paused trying to find the right word "different" she finally managed to say. Though she laughed slightly when Jake had said something nice to her. It didn't happen often. "oh I don't mind being strange or odd or unique whatever you call it" She said truthfully. "As I don't mind people pointing it out" She paused "nicely at least" She mustered out as a smile remained imprinted on her face as if it was never going to leave.

"What is your owl's name love?" she asked Jake

Jake laughed and said."Oh, a snake is different but i dont think its safe to have that in your dorm."He grinned and said."I called it Hedwick because my brother loves that name for some odd reason"

"Oh yes I could be one of the few Hufflepuff's with a snake" She said picturing it getting loose in the common room. All those screaming girls. The thought made Wednesday laugh a bit. Though she held back complete laughter. "Aww Hedwick is a cute name" She said grinning. "I'll have to meet her sometime" Wednesday said "the owl I mean of coarse"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back