Blood Status
Half Blood
Relationship Status
Married
Sexual Orientation
Homosexual
Wand
Curved 14 1/2" Rigid Larch Wand with Phoenix Tail Feather Core
Ares was no stranger to getting injured in quidditch but he certainly always tried to avoid it. Just some days that worked out better than others. He’d taken a couple of hard hits from bludgers and he knew he’d broken his arm on the second, but it was the third that had taken him out entirely, if only because it had also thrown him off his broom, thankfully he’d been very close to the ground, so while he’d hit his head hard and he was sure he’d worsened the bruising on his ribs he was mostly fine. He’d been brought to the first aid tent as was customary but was already sitting up as healers checked him over. It surprised him how the moment he’d been in the tent Dimitri had been there, speaking in rapid russian, and Ares who upon the flirting and meeting Dimitri had begun trying to learn russian was answering occasion, in a tired and out of it tone, with short words.

This didn’t bother the healer as they figured out what was wrong. His quidditch gear was off and as the healer left to get things ready it was easy to see the extent of the damage, his arm was very visibly broken, there was bruising and cuts on the side of his face from when he’d fallen, there was deep bruising where the first bludger had hit his chest, Ares didn’t think he’d broken any ribs but he was not a healer. His left ankle was swelling slightly, but Ares wasn’t sure why. Clearly the fall had done some damage. But he felt fine-ish. He was in pain but quidditch could be a painful game. ”Dimitri I’m fine, it’s okay,” he assured him in broken russian, reaching out with his good hand to touch Dimitri and reassure him of that fact.

Dimitri had never thought that he would be so scared of anything in his entire life. But watching Ares get himself hurt during the game panicked the Russian, and he was on the tents almost as soon as they'd laid Ares in bed. He had been running around, talking frantically to anyone that would listen. He cursed himself quietly, automatically reverting to Russian in his panic, and feeling undeniably frustrated as he seemed to get no responses. It barely registered to him that he was getting the occasional answer.

He fell into the chair next to the bed, pulling it as close as he possibly could. He snatched the hand that Ares offered out, clinging to it with both of his own and holding it to his face, burying his nose in the mans wrist. "Stupid stick sport with the stupid balls and the throwing why do they even need to attack other players its the stupidest thing I've ever seen why do I let you do these things," Dimitri went on, shaking visibly and his cheeks stained with tears. "If you think you are leaving my sight any time soon my darling you are very wrong you'll have to hex me away you stupid man," he ranted, pressing shaky kisses over every inch of Ares' wrist.

Ares was struggling to keep up with Dimitri’s longer sentences, he could pick up bits and pieces of but it was difficult. The man just gave him a little smile as he was kissing the wrist of the unbroken hand. He motioned with his hand to try to bring him into him. Wanting to just reassure him with as much of a hug as Ares could give. ”I’m fine, it’s all fine, it’ll be fixed in no time,” Ares continued in slow russian. Ares had a long history of being hit with bludgers of falling off brooms and being taken out of games. He hadn’t ever been like his brother, attempting to get back into the game. He never tried to get back in. ”It’s not the first time I’ve been hit,” Ares switched back to english. He momentarily forgot about his broken arm and had begun reaching out with it to Dimitri, and hissed in pain as it sharply reminded him to not.

Tri's eyes widened as it registered that Ares was speaking to him in Russian. He didn't notice immediately that Ares was motioning him in closer. He cursed as Ares hissed, moving carefully onto the bed and sitting more by Ares hip. "I'm here, darling I'm here, be still," he fretted, reaching to brush Ares' hair back. "Sweet Ares," he whispered, worry clear in his eyes.

Ares was feeling pretty tired and he was beginning to feel the pain and the stiffness of his injuries. So when Dimitri moved to sit next to him, he leaned his head against him. ”I’m suddenly really tired,” he spoke softly leaning against him. Knowing that the pain was only going to increase and the healer would be there soon and then they would get to go home. ”They’ll want me to go home with someone, or have someone at home because I hit my head, I don’t remember if Xavier will be home, but I'll be fine even if he isn't,” he told him, he hoped the healer would be back soon.

Tri settled in against Ares, staying as close as the other man would allow. He shook his head, shushing Ares gently and running his fingers over the closest uninjured skin he could reach. "Ares, dorogoy, I am not leaving you," he insisted again, leaning down and brushing the mans hair back, pressing a kiss to his forehead. "Let me take care of you, moya lyubov'," he murmured, kissing his temple again.

Ares shook his head lightly, and was glad when he spotted the healer. There wasn’t any time for him to say anything, he just moved to sit more on his own. The healer started with the pain potion which he was grateful for, and he just watched in silence as the healer just healed all his ails. He wasn’t surprised when the bruising paste was followed by bandages, and the broken arm was followed by a sling, Ares hissed and winced at every point where the doctor inadvertently caused him pain. The doctor spent the longest amount of time looking at his head. Asking about his vision and whether he had a headache. It wasn’t too bad he kept assuring the healer but it didn’t seem to matter. The healer cast a small spell and then went to grab some potions. ”He’ll give me some pain and headache stuff and then we’ll be able to go,” Ares said in a low and tired tone. But he wanted to go home already, he was tired and worn out. ”I may be a bit of dead weight getting home,” he said, he knew it was the concussion making everything worse.

Tri pulled back a bit, shifting off of the bed but staying close. He tensed every time Ares expressed pain, worry clear in his eyes. "I can take care of you all the same," he replied easily, knowing he was hovering. He stayed by the side of the bed, watching the healer work and trying not to panic too much. He hated seeing Ares in pain. He wished he could trade places with the other man. Instead he tried to focus on what he could do, running over dinner options in his head and staying close to Ares, waiting to see what was needed of him.

Ares tried to perk up as the healer came back again and handed Ares a pouch of medicine and then did something to his head. He didn’t get a clean bill of health but a get some rest and in two days everything will be completely fine. He did give some advice about waking up every couple of hours for the next 24 hour period and once Ares had replied to say that Dimitri would do that the healer left. Ares rubbed his eyes tiredly and moved to get off the bed, immediately putting his weight on his ankle and stumbling slightly. ”Let’s go,” Ares said.

Dimitri stayed close, not minding that he was hovering, listening intently to everything the healer said. He nodded easily, agreeing quickly that he would wake Ares up every few hours for the next 24. Tri gasped when Ares stumbled upon standing, rushing forward to support the other man. "Here, I'm here, lean on me," he murmured, bracing against Ares and wrapping an arm around his waist.

Tri reached up with one hand once Ares was steady, gently turning the mans face to his and kissing him sweetly. "Sweet Ares," Tri whispered in Russian, kissing him again. "Let us get you home and in bed," he murmured. He made a mental note to try asking Ares out again once the man had healed up. Tri had the feeling that Ares wouldn't be so quick to turn him down this time.

Ares was a little startled by Dimitri being at his side holding him up, but he just let himself be taken to whereever he needed to go. His mind not with it enough to be able to discern it. He gave a tired noise and a sigh of relief when he was deposited on the bed, but within seconds was out. Every few hours he was awoken, The game had really taken it out of him. He found himself waking up of his own accord at three in the morning. There was a faint light and he could hear some music. He pushed himself up, groaning softly at the pain and moved slowly towards the sounds. he stood in the doorway spotting Dimitri, he had a tonne of questions, but he just leaned on the dorm frame, smiling softly, keeping his weight off his bad foot. "Hey," he greet tiredly.

Dimitri hadn't slept since they returned to his flat, having tucked Ares into his bed. He had pittered around for a bit, trying to hide how tired he felt. He refused to sleep until he was absolutely certain Ares was alright. In an effort to stay awake, Dimitri had perched in an open window with his guitar, the chill of the night air keeping him alert as he strummed softly on the strings. He had a single lamp on, wanting to have Ares comfortable despite how often Tri had to wake him.

He was startled then when he heard a voice. He looked up immediately, a tired smile spreading across his face. "Dorogoy, you are supposed to be sleeping," he chided gently, hopping out of his perch and walking over to Ares. "Is everything alright? How are you feeling? What can I do?" He fretted, his hands hovering and his eyes searching over Ares, noting how he favored one foot. He looked back up to Ares, concern and worry clear in his tired eyes.

When Dimitri looked at him, Ares was sure the other man hadn't slept. He didn't know why hadn't but he wasn't awake enough to want to pick that conversation with him. "I woke up," was all he gave and then just nodded, "I'm fine....relatively speaking," he said in tired and stumbling russian. He didn't move because it would definitely make his whoel body sore. "I just woke up and heard the music and wanted to hear it better," he said, looking at Dimitri's face and giving a little smile. "You don't need to worry about me...really...this doesn't happen often, and I'm usually right as rain in a few days," he said, "No one's died from quidditch in a bit," his tired brain didn't supply that this was perhaps not the right thing to say.

Tri's heart stuttered again when Ares spoke Russian. "Oh, dorogoy," He breathed, stepping closer. A rush of love for Ares shot through him, and Dimitri shifted closer. "Why don't you lay down, I will come play for you," He offered, stopping when he was almost touching Ares. "You need rest, Ares, come," he tried to argue. He started to shift to a stern look when Ares insisted he would be alright soon, but that quickly shifted to fear as Ares finished the thought. "What? Died? People have died playing the game? No, no no no," He blurted out in rapid Russian, his hands reaching out and gripping the hem of Ares' shirt tightly, his eyes brimming with tears. "No, no, you must be good at other things, you can do other things, you can't risk your life for balls, no, I need you, please," Tri panicked, his voice twisting and breaking more than once.

Ares nodded, and he would let Dimitri guide him back to the bed, since he did need to rest and definitely wouldn't mind being able to do that while listening to Dimitri sing. He wasn't able to follow most of Dimitri's outburst. He was surprised by it, well, as much as his tired mind could be and he spotted that Dimitri was in tears. He frowned, understanding the last of it enough to figure out what he was perhaps saying, "Dimitri, it's fine, really...I am good at quidditch and it is a safe enough sport," he told him in tired accented russian. "I'll eventually retire from playing professionally, and I have good enough grades to do something else after but I like playing, quidditch...it's what I'm good at," he told him. He wouldn't promise he would be safe because the worst thing he could imagine was ending up breaking a promise.

Dimitri took in a shaky breath, stepping closer and raising his hands to cup Ares' face. "Oh, dorogoy, when did you...?" he started, hesitating as Ares winced and pulling away. Tri shook his head, taking several steps back and folding his hands against his chest. He took several deep breaths, trying to calm down but unable to stop the tears that had fallen. "Ares..." he whimpered, sniffling, bringing a hand up and wiping at his eyes. "I have never been so scared, in all of life," Tri looked up at Ares, struggling to keep himself together. "I am scared, dorogoy," he whimpered, unthinkingly taking a small step closer. "Every time I close my eyes... I see you falling, see you hitting the field, I- I," Tri whimpered, shaking his head and pressing his hands into his eyes.

Ares hadn't realised how physically cold Dimitri was until the man touched him. He shuddered unable to stop himself and felt bad as Dimitri stepped away almost looking hurt. "Dimitri...you're just cold," he tried to say. But he was growing more tired, it was late and his body was still recovering. He realised then too that Dimitri was crying and Ares felt bad. He reached forward, stopping leaning on the door frame, and wincing slightly as he put weight on his foot and took a step towards him. "It's fine, I'm fine, I'll be fine," he assured him. He had always remembered how scary it was to have watched his brothre in school be hit, but when he'd starting placing he'd become somewhat numb to it. "It wasn't that bad, I was close to the ground anyway, if I'd been further up someone would've cast a spell to stop my fall. Trust me, it's all fine," he repeated. He couldn't promise it wouldn't happen again but he could at least assure him that he was okay. "Come on, lets go to bed,"

-godmod approved-

Tri let out a shaky sigh, hurrying forward and taking hold of Ares. "Come on, you," he murmured, burrowing up under Ares' arm and leading him back to bed. He tucked the other man in, settling on the bed beside him. Tri summoned his guitar over, relaxing with the instrument in his arms. He played softly for a bit, singing mostly old Russian lullabies he remembered hearing when he was younger.

He kept an eye on Ares, and when it seemed the man was asleep, Tri set his guitar aside. He gently slid out of bed and stretched, before leaning down and pressing a gentle kiss to Ares' temple, pulling the blanket up a bit more and tucking it in around the mans shoulder. "I love you, sweet Ares," Dimitri whispered, pressing another gentle kiss to Ares' temple before straightening up and walking out of the room.

Ares let himself be guided to bed, and listened to the songs Dimitri played. he was dozing lightly in minutes and after some time, when his breathing had settled and he was right on the cusp of falling entirely asleep, he heard the words which Dimitri said, but the washed over him as if nothing more than him saying hello. It wasn't until he woke up again the next day that the words rushed back to him and he was sitting up quickly. He was feeling a whole lot better than the day before. He felt stiff and like his whole body was a little filled with lead but he was no longer sore. He rubbed his eyes and noted the time. He got out of bed and went to the kitchen to begin getting himself some coffee, Dimitri's words. He needed to talk about it with him, but he wasn't sure where the man was currently.

After tucking Ares in, Tri moved back out to the kitchen. He couldn't remember the last time he'd slept. Which might be when he sat down at the table to try to read a bit, he ended up falling asleep. He didn't move again until he heard shuffling in the kitchen. Worn out, he groaned and turned his head away from the sound. Why were the neighbors so noisy this early in the morning?

Ares heard movement and glanced to the kitchen table where Dimitri was beginning to move. He gave a little smile to the man, "Morning, I'm just making some coffee you want some?" he offered already most done with making his. When he'd done coffee and had a little drink then he could make food and they could talk but it would be silly to start the day without some coffee and he would be able to just place it down in front of him.

Dimitri stirred more as he heard the voice. He peeked up, blinking sleep from his eyes. "Mmm... dorogoy?" Dimitri yawned, sitting up and stretching. "Coffee, yeah..." he ran his tongue over his teeth a moment. "Ares, are you alright?" Tri pushed up, padding over barefoot. "I can do that, you need rest," he fussed.

Ares hummed lightly and was already getting Dimitri's coffee. "I'm stiff today but I'm fine, I'll have a shower after breakfast and I'll be all better," he assured him. "Magic heals quickly," he told him as if to solidify all he'd been saying about him and it being fine. He gently shoved Dimitri back towards a chair and brought their coffees over. "I did want to ask you about something....," Ares hesitated, before going on, "I heard you last night, or well, like this morning, doesn't matter, but I heard what you said, and like it's okay if it was just like of moment, the adrenaline from everything...," he stopped himself before he dug further, he just wanted Dimitri to know that if it had been just of the moment and not true he wouldn't mind. "I love you too....but if you don't actually feel that way yet that's fine,"

Dimitri looked worried, unconvinced Ares was really alright, but letting himself be steered back to the table. "Yes?" he queried, looking up the other man with a quizzical look. What could Ares want to talk about? Tri thought the man looked a bit nervous, so he set aside his worries so he could pay attention to what was bothering Ares. It clicked for him when Ares continued, and Dimitri couldn't help but laugh. "Ares, Dorogoy," he stood, moving closer and laying his arms over the mans' shoulders. "I know exactly what I said. And I meant it," Tri pushed up on tiptoe, kissing Ares sweetly before repeating himself. "I love you, Ares Jeffreys, and I have loved you since we met." Tri smiled playfully, pulling back to brush his fingers over Ares' jaw. "Does this mean we are boyfriends now?" Tri asked, looking hopeful.

Ares steeled himself for what he was certain the other was going to say but, he was reassured a little by way he moved next to him and then said he meant it. Ares gave a little smile and then rolled his eyes a little. "Sure," he was sure there was attraction from day one but not love, he wasn't that easily loveable. If someone had said that about his twin then yeah sure but not him. He then laughed and nodded. "I'd like that," he agreed, "I'd like to be boyfriends,"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back